God exists

Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 6:43:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think it is quite ridiculous for people to keep asking "Does God exist?"
The word God can obviously be perceived and interpreted in many ways. The fact that it has so many definitions, names and titles proves it exists.
Something nonexistent has no name or title because no one is aware of it to name it or define it.

The bible itself defines God as Love.
Asking whether God exists is like asking whether love exists.

How many people deny that love exists in this world? There might not be as much love as we would like to see in this world but it still exists. If anyone thinks Love does not exist please explain why you believe it does not exist.

God is a concept which exists. God is an attitude the same as love is a concept and an attitude.

Another way God is defined in the bible is as life itself.

Look around you at life itself and understand that you are looking right at God.

God is the life that you see in all living things.

God is not a man in the sky. That concept of an invisible magical man in the sky is childish and no different to children believing a magical Santa exists at the North Pole.

The concept of God exists. Life exists. Love exists.
The magical invisible person does not exist any more than any other imaginary friend exists.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 7:52:29 PM
Just checking skyangel?

Are you the same skyangel that previously wrote the following? -

" He speaks through me. . . . . I was ordained by HIM. The Father chose me. I did not choose Him. . . . . My Authority is the TRUTH ( Jesus) who sent me . . . . Jesus said I am the Light of the world and He told His disciples to say the same as what the Father says. Therefore I am the light of the world. . . . . "
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 10:44:02 PM
Hello Composer.
Are you the same person who debated with me in an MSN group about 4-5 years ago?
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 12:37:06 AM
At 2/5/2014 6:43:55 PM, Skyangel wrote:
The word God can obviously be perceived and interpreted in many ways. The fact that it has so many definitions, names and titles proves it exists.
Something nonexistent has no name or title because no one is aware of it to name it or define it.

How many people deny that love exists in this world? There might not be as much love as we would like to see in this world but it still exists. If anyone thinks Love does not exist please explain why you believe it does not exist.

God is a concept which exists. God is an attitude the same as love is a concept and an attitude.

Look around you at life itself and understand that you are looking right at God.

God is not a man in the sky. That concept of an invisible magical man in the sky is childish and no different to children believing a magical Santa exists at the North Pole.

The magical invisible person does not exist any more than any other imaginary friend exists.

There's no point using words such as "God" to describe those things.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 12:49:05 AM
There may be no point to it but the fact is the bible does define God as life and as love and quite a few other things so to perceive God as some kind of spiritual version of Santa in the sky is pretty childish.
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 1:37:02 AM
Love is merely a concept, the Bible is merely a book, a tenacious work of fiction that people never seem to grow tired of.
Turn around, go back.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 4:04:50 AM

Unicorns..........
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 4:40:42 AM
At 2/6/2014 4:04:50 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Unicorns..........

----------------------------------

All fantasy characters exist in fantasy land and fictional books. When you talk about them people understand what you are talking about.
Imaginary characters exist in peoples imaginations.
If something is absolutely nonexistent, I mean it does not exist in the fictional realm or in reality either.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 6:01:19 AM
At 2/5/2014 10:44:02 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Hello Composer.
Are you the same person who debated with me in an MSN group about 4-5 years ago?
I recall you were skyangel01 back then?
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 6:08:42 AM
At 2/6/2014 1:37:02 AM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:
Love is merely a concept, the Bible is merely a book, a tenacious work of fiction that people never seem to grow tired of.
Well it is a Story book full of nasties, rapes, sodomy etc and the main Story line is surely the reason it continues to fascinate?

Briefly, a trinitarian god screws its own mother, makes her pregnant, dumps their little bastard on to a real man Joseph to raise because it won't marry its own \mother! Then hands back his soiled wife for Joseph's turn! That same little bastard then grows up & goes around doing party tricks, like water to wine thus depriving wine makers of their livelihood, it sleeps with only men, then pretends to die when gods can't die!

Neat hey? then of course you have the Botchtower ideological excrement to add insult to injury!
xftrev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 6:52:13 AM
At 2/6/2014 12:49:05 AM, Skyangel wrote:
There may be no point to it but the fact is the bible does define God as life and as love and quite a few other things so to perceive God as some kind of spiritual version of Santa in the sky is pretty childish.

But the bible was made up in a time we didn't even know where the sun went at night, so what has it got to do with anything tangible in the contemporary world?
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 9:49:09 AM
At 2/6/2014 6:52:13 AM, xftrev wrote:

But the bible was made up in a time we didn't even know where the sun went at night, so what has it got to do with anything tangible in the contemporary world?

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com....
superflymegastallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 5:41:25 PM

You give me something to think about. For now I will accept the fact that the "normal" definition of god has changed. I may change my mind very soon, but for the most part, I like the post. Leave out the for the most part. I like your post.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 12:23:54 AM
At 2/6/2014 5:22:19 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
Pheromones are love. God is not love. God is a spiritually ascended being. We all have a soul and God is the greatest soul.

-----------------------------------
Call it whatever you like but we don't see pheromones healing the sick in hospitals or helping the poor and needy. We see people do those things. Love is an action which can be observed through people. It is much more than just a feeling or just chemicals or pheromones.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 12:28:57 AM
At 2/6/2014 6:00:45 AM, Darran wrote:
So are you also saying God is hate and evil as well?

---------------------------------------------

Yes. Life includes all opposites. The opposite sides join together to make a complete whole much like night and day join together to make the whole day even though light is not dark and vice versa. They are still opposite sides of the same day.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 12:35:49 AM
At 2/6/2014 6:52:13 AM, xftrev wrote:

-------------------------------------------------
It is an allegorical book filled with morals and principles of life which are obviously adopted by those who see the value in adopting them and rejected by those who can't see any sense in them.
It is basically a guide to a way of living which the writers obviously thought was a good way to live. It is an interesting book filled with puzzles. It keeps the world amused.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 12:39:38 AM
At 2/6/2014 5:41:25 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
You give me something to think about. For now I will accept the fact that the "normal" definition of god has changed. I may change my mind very soon, but for the most part, I like the post. Leave out the for the most part. I like your post.

------------------------------------------

I'm glad you like it and it gives you something to consider.
Darran
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 7:08:03 AM
At 2/7/2014 12:28:57 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Yes. Life includes all opposites. The opposite sides join together to make a complete whole much like night and day join together to make the whole day even though light is not dark and vice versa. They are still opposite sides of the same day.

So God can't be just complete love then if he is separated into opposites.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 11:35:32 AM

You tell em brother.
superflymegastallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 3:56:56 PM
At 2/7/2014 11:51:24 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
Shrek is love, Shrek is life.
You should really not give skyangel a hard time. She is doing a much better job in conceiving in a god than you have. As I said to her, she gave me something to consider. You on the other hand keeps repeating the mantras that have already been laid to rest. You know what I do find humorous? When religious people fight with each other. As an atheist, I enjoy watching the fireworks.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 5:21:18 PM
At 2/7/2014 7:08:03 AM, Darran wrote:

---------------------------------------

There is a very fine line between love and hate and often depends on the perception of the observer. For example, If you refuse to give a person something they desperately want and need because their body is addicted to it and you are trying to cure them of their addiction, the addict might perceive that as cruel and unkind and even hateful but in the overall picture it is an act of love which cares more about curing the addict than making them comfortable by satisfying their addiction.
How many children have cried that their parents hate them when they are disciplined?
They perceive love as hate so is it love or hate?
Love can also cause hate in the sense that love can be the cause of jealously and even the cause of murder when a lover has been betrayed. Love can be painful when the object of ones love does not return the love. That pain can cause people to do very hateful wicked things.
It all depends which side of the coin you are looking at. It's all in the perception.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 5:26:18 PM
At 2/7/2014 11:51:24 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

-------------------------------

Shrek is part of God.

All fantasy is part of reality and is contained in reality of life.

You are life. I am life. A tree is life.

All of life is part of life as a whole.
jh1234l
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 8:05:46 PM

The invisible pink unicorn is love. Love exists. Therefore the invisible pink unicorn exists.

The teapot orbiting Mars is love. Love exists. Therefore the teapot orbiting Mars exists.

The flying spaghetti monster is delicious. Deliciousness exists. Therefore the flying spaghetti monster exists.

The magical rainbow-baguette is the whole universe. The universe exists. Therefore the magical rainbow-baguette exists.

See how your logic is flawed?
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
1 square right of Nelson Mandela, 2 squares down from Francois Hollande
Darran
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 8:32:46 PM
At 2/7/2014 5:21:18 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 2/7/2014 7:08:03 AM, Darran wrote:

---------------------------------------

There is a very fine line between love and hate and often depends on the perception of the observer. For example, If you refuse to give a person something they desperately want and need because their body is addicted to it and you are trying to cure them of their addiction, the addict might perceive that as cruel and unkind and even hateful but in the overall picture it is an act of love which cares more about curing the addict than making them comfortable by satisfying their addiction.
How many children have cried that their parents hate them when they are disciplined?
They perceive love as hate so is it love or hate?
Love can also cause hate in the sense that love can be the cause of jealously and even the cause of murder when a lover has been betrayed. Love can be painful when the object of ones love does not return the love. That pain can cause people to do very hateful wicked things.
It all depends which side of the coin you are looking at. It's all in the perception.

Which is the point, that God is also hate which must be a part of his nature, so he can't be pure love, He must himself be capable of wicked deeds, jealousy and murder. if it's based upon perception then God himself must view things differently from the way others do, this must mean he has no control over his own nature and needs to contain it.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 9:38:46 PM
I define God as the mind that grounds all contingent being. That's a pretty general conception of God. No particular religion attached.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2014 10:59:09 AM
At 2/7/2014 9:38:46 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I define God as the mind that grounds all contingent being. That's a pretty general conception of God. No particular religion attached.

God's mind is where we exist as His dreams.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2014 4:55:39 PM
At 2/7/2014 8:05:46 PM, jh1234l wrote:

The invisible pink unicorn is love. Love exists. Therefore the invisible pink unicorn exists.

The teapot orbiting Mars is love. Love exists. Therefore the teapot orbiting Mars exists.

The flying spaghetti monster is delicious. Deliciousness exists. Therefore the flying spaghetti monster exists.

The magical rainbow-baguette is the whole universe. The universe exists. Therefore the magical rainbow-baguette exists.

See how your logic is flawed?

-------------------------------------------

No but I do see how yours is. You are comparing concepts with objects regardless of whether the objects are real or imaginary.
If humans named the universe " the magical baguette" and defined it the same as they define the universe then "the magical baguette" would indeed exist because everyone would know what the title was referring to.
As Shakespeare said "What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."

We all know Love is not an object but rather an attitude. When God is compared to Love it also makes God the same kind of attitude as Love. Nothing changes but the title. The attitude, action and concept is still the same.