Jump to topic:

Reading the Bible and discussing

superflymegastallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 4:03:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am posing what I think would be an interesting topic. THE BIBLE. Every passage. Starting at the beginning. I will attempt my best to moderate the discussion. I will post, in sequence the entire Bible as I know it, starting in Genesis, and we can discuss each piece of it. I will give each piece I post ample time for everybody to discuss. I think 1 to 2 days should work. What do you all think?
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 4:06:03 PM
In. I personally don't believe the bible, so I will be taking a critical yet open standpoint, and going from there.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
superflymegastallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 4:06:05 PM
I should have also said that I suggested moderation only because I wouldn't like to get stuck in one place for 10 days. You get to make your case for or against something, and we will move on. But you better make your case quick.
superflymegastallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 4:07:50 PM
At 2/7/2014 4:06:03 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
In. I personally don't believe the bible, so I will be taking a critical yet open standpoint, and going from there.
So you would have the chance to rip it up.
This is what I'm hoping for. Atheists, deists, theists, etc... to make some good points as to why they think what they think, passage by passage.
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 4:09:51 PM
At 2/7/2014 4:07:50 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
This is what I'm hoping for. Atheists, deists, theists, etc... to make some good points as to why they think what they think, passage by passage.

I want to be clear, I am a theist and believe some of the things in it, but not all. I will be mostly critical, but like I said, open.

superflymegastallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 4:21:16 PM
At 2/7/2014 4:09:51 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

I want to be clear, I am a theist and believe some of the things in it, but not all. I will be mostly critical, but like I said, open.
Great! I appreciate you honesty. My questions to everybody would be:
How much at a time should I post?
What version of the bible to use?
I'll give this about 3 or 4 days to see if it takes off.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 4:40:16 PM
At 2/7/2014 4:21:16 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:

roughly 4000 characters worth, so people can respond.

KJV?
I've heard bad things about that, though, so I'm not sure.

I'm in full support of it :)

I'd love to analyze it, especially from a historical perspective.
superflymegastallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 5:08:33 PM
At 2/7/2014 4:40:16 PM, Romanii wrote:

KJV?

Ok, noted. I'm open to whatever. I was thinking more along the lines of the 8000 characters. I think many things don't need to be discussed, but I could be wrong.
superflymegastallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 6:33:26 PM
At 2/7/2014 5:08:33 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:

KJV?

Ok, noted. I'm open to whatever. I was thinking more along the lines of the 8000 characters. I think many things don't need to be discussed, but I could be wrong.
Thus far gents, we don't have many takers. I have to say, I did expect more.
Once we get into the "did you even read the bible" and the "you misinterpret the bible" I thought this would have been eaten up by everybody.
Angelos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 6:52:39 PM
Can we skip ahead to other chapters? I want to know what this verse means:

"Don't worship any other god. I am YAHWEH KANAH-the jealous Lord. That is my name. I hate for my people to worship other gods." (Exodus 34:14 ERV)
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 8:21:18 PM
At 2/7/2014 6:33:26 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 2/7/2014 5:08:33 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:

KJV?

Thus far gents, we don't have many takers. I have to say, I did expect more.
Once we get into the "did you even read the bible" and the "you misinterpret the bible" I thought this would have been eaten up by everybody.

Once you post the first segment participation will pick up. Most members will just read this thread, not announce that they want to do it,but will join once it starts.

GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 8:27:24 PM
At 2/7/2014 6:52:39 PM, Angelos wrote:

"Don't worship any other god. I am YAHWEH KANAH-the jealous Lord. That is my name. I hate for my people to worship other gods." (Exodus 34:14 ERV)

Never heard of the ERV translation before?? But, what's your question about it.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Artur
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 8:46:19 PM
good one, A short time ago I posted a forum topic about bible, we had good discussion but then that good discussion became trolling discussion, one christian said in order to understand it you need to be chosen by god and claimed himself saint, one said we need church without that we have no right to understand and e.t.c then I did not go on. here:

https://www.debate.org...
"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer
Angelos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 9:35:17 PM
At 2/7/2014 8:27:24 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Never heard of the ERV translation before?? But, what's your question about it.

I want to know why many Christians don't call God, "YAHWEH KANAH". They say that it's not His name, but it's right there in the Holy Bible.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 10:13:45 PM
At 2/7/2014 8:46:19 PM, Artur wrote:
good one, A short time ago I posted a forum topic about bible, we had good discussion but then that good discussion became trolling discussion, one christian said in order to understand it you need to be chosen by god and claimed himself saint, one said we need church without that we have no right to understand and e.t.c then I did not go on. here:

Ah, was this user named "bornofgod" by any chance?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 11:01:40 PM
At 2/7/2014 10:13:45 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 2/7/2014 8:46:19 PM, Artur wrote:

Ah, was this user named "bornofgod" by any chance?

I don't know why some forum members here call me a Christian when half my comments in here are about Christians being totally deceived from knowing our Creator. I can see that this guy didn't read my posts once I claimed to be a saint of God's. He should read some posts of mine that show us being created as vibrations called energy that are processed into illusions that we can see. Most people think our flesh is real and made up of atomic elements. LOL.
superflymegastallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2014 8:22:00 AM
Genesis Chapter 1
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.
14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Genesis Chapter 2
1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
10 And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.
11 The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;
12 And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.
13 And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.
14 And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.
15 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2014 10:57:29 AM
At 2/8/2014 8:22:00 AM, superflymegastallion wrote:
Genesis Chapter 1
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.
14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Genesis Chapter 2
1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
10 And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.
11 The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;
12 And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.
13 And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.
14 And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.
15 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

Can you explain to me what the underlined sentences are about?
superflymegastallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2014 1:44:19 PM
At 2/8/2014 10:57:29 AM, bornofgod wrote:

God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:
Here, presumably, god was sitting around talking to the other gods, and came up with the great idea to create humans that looked just like them.

God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
I"m going to guess that the god that came up with the idea to create humans made Adam and Eve to look exactly like him.

God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
I"ll say that god made a clay form of Adam and had to breathe into his nose so he would live. Which seems like a lot of work for a god to me.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2014 1:59:51 PM
At 2/8/2014 1:44:19 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:

Here, presumably, god was sitting around talking to the other gods, and came up with the great idea to create humans that looked just like them.

God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
I"m going to guess that the god that came up with the idea to create humans made Adam and Eve to look exactly like him.

God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
I"ll say that god made a clay form of Adam and had to breathe into his nose so he would live. Which seems like a lot of work for a god to me.

Since God and His Voice ( or Word ) is invisible, God's created beings were invisible also. The invisible us are nothing but invisible vibrations that were spoken within the mind of God. The "breath of life" is invisible vibrations that need to be processed in order for us to see illusions called flesh and the other objects we see in a defined world. All the stars, planets, moons, etc. that we see in the sky are nothing but illusions that each created "being" is given to see within His mind.

The "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" then are the illusions that deceive man from knowing who he truly is during this first age. We saints are the flesh that God uses to write and speak about the past, present and future to learn about how we were created and how we'll live in the next age. He also teaches us the strong religious delusion ( the tree of the knowledge of good and evil ), which is the Lucifer, satan, devil, beast, false prophet, wicked flesh, antichrist, etc. as a deception from the Truth of who we are.
superflymegastallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2014 2:07:21 PM
Here are a few issues I have with the first two chapters.
There appear to be two creation accounts.
The one in chapter one, and another in chapter two in which the order is different.

How is there light if the sun isn't created yet, and how could the first day be marked?

Plants are created on day three, and yet there still isn't a sun to direct photosynthesis.

On day four, god finally gets around to making the sun and the moon. Looking at this so far, here is creation.
D1 Earth
D2 The firmament (Heaven) which contradicts Gen 1:1
D3 Land and plants
D4 The sun and moon, and as an afterthought all of the other stars in the universe. Wow, it took god 3 days to make heaven, earth, plants, and then just kind of says, oh yeah, and the rest of the universe.
D5 Birds and fish
D6 Land animals and Humans
D7 God takes a break, because creating the universe can wear you out.

God makes two magic trees which have disappeared. Oh, and if he didn't want Adam and Eve to eat the fruit, why did he allow them access to the tree?

God tells Adam that if he eats from the tree of good and evil, he will die. When Adam does eat he lives for another 900 years.

Gen 1:20 says that animals came from the waters, but in Gen 2:19 they come from the ground.
superflymegastallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2014 2:28:49 PM
At 2/8/2014 1:59:51 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Since God and His Voice ( or Word ) is invisible, God's created beings were invisible also. The invisible us are nothing but invisible vibrations that were spoken within the mind of God. The "breath of life" is invisible vibrations that need to be processed in order for us to see illusions called flesh and the other objects we see in a defined world. All the stars, planets, moons, etc. that we see in the sky are nothing but illusions that each created "being" is given to see within His mind.

The "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" then are the illusions that deceive man from knowing who he truly is during this first age. We saints are the flesh that God uses to write and speak about the past, present and future to learn about how we were created and how we'll live in the next age. He also teaches us the strong religious delusion ( the tree of the knowledge of good and evil ), which is the Lucifer, satan, devil, beast, false prophet, wicked flesh, antichrist, etc. as a deception from the Truth of who we are.
I don't see the word illusion anywhere.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2014 2:38:46 PM
At 2/8/2014 2:28:49 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:

The English word "illusion" can be found in the dictionary so check it out. What we see in this world are only illusions that come from processed vibrations that we call energy today. The illusion of flesh that we think we see in this world is made so perfectly by our Creator that we actually believe we are real. This is the strong delusion that causes man fear in this world because these illusions were made to decay and die during this first age. This won't happen in the next age when the illusions will never decay or die.

If you think of Mickey Mouse and how long this illusion has been in this world, you will see that this image hasn't decayed at all. So our bodies in the next age will never grow old and perish like they do in this age. This will give us a much more peaceful existence. Plus, our bodies will never feel pain, hot or cold, or have to go to the bathroom. They won't contain internal organs because they're only illusions that don't need to be taken care of.

Everything in the next age will be different but we'll experience new visions and dreams that we can't even imagine today, despite all the movies that take man into some very crazy worlds. The worlds that God will take us into in the next age will be as real or more real than the perceived world we all live in on this earth. Our senses will be much different and so will our life experiences.
superflymegastallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2014 3:35:08 PM
At 2/8/2014 2:38:46 PM, bornofgod wrote:

The English word "illusion" can be found in the dictionary so check it out.
What's that I detect? I hope a sense of humor.
What we see in this world are only illusions that come from processed vibrations that we call energy today. The illusion of flesh that we think we see in this world is made so perfectly by our Creator that we actually believe we are real. This is the strong delusion that causes man fear in this world because these illusions were made to decay and die during this first age. This won't happen in the next age when the illusions will never decay or die.

If you think of Mickey Mouse and how long this illusion has been in this world, you will see that this image hasn't decayed at all. So our bodies in the next age will never grow old and perish like they do in this age. This will give us a much more peaceful existence. Plus, our bodies will never feel pain, hot or cold, or have to go to the bathroom. They won't contain internal organs because they're only illusions that don't need to be taken care of.

Everything in the next age will be different but we'll experience new visions and dreams that we can't even imagine today, despite all the movies that take man into some very crazy worlds. The worlds that God will take us into in the next age will be as real or more real than the perceived world we all live in on this earth. Our senses will be much different and so will our life experiences.
I hope I didn't fall into the trap of actually communicating with you and hoping for a different mantra. I have heard all of your "invisible thoughts" and such before.
You currently have two choices. Discuss what is posted, or I will begin to again just skip everything you post. Everything you posted above, I got it, I heard it, over and over again. Add something to the discussion, or just please go bother somebody in a different thread. And no, that wasn't humor on my part your saintness!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2014 3:51:28 PM
At 2/8/2014 3:35:08 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 2/8/2014 2:38:46 PM, bornofgod wrote:

The English word "illusion" can be found in the dictionary so check it out.
What's that I detect? I hope a sense of humor.
What we see in this world are only illusions that come from processed vibrations that we call energy today. The illusion of flesh that we think we see in this world is made so perfectly by our Creator that we actually believe we are real. This is the strong delusion that causes man fear in this world because these illusions were made to decay and die during this first age. This won't happen in the next age when the illusions will never decay or die.

I hope I didn't fall into the trap of actually communicating with you and hoping for a different mantra. I have heard all of your "invisible thoughts" and such before.
You currently have two choices. Discuss what is posted, or I will begin to again just skip everything you post. Everything you posted above, I got it, I heard it, over and over again. Add something to the discussion, or just please go bother somebody in a different thread. And no, that wasn't humor on my part your saintness!

It would be an awful thing for a proud man to admit he was listening to a saint talk about how God created us and how we'll live in the future, but at the same time, believes in scientists who think they know the Truth. LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
superflymegastallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 4:53:31 PM
I gotta say, really I do,for the amount of theists that I encounter, that claim atheists haven't read the bible, I find it very odd that nobody wants to discuss it! I've given all the opportunity to tell me where I'm wrong, but have had no takers. Atheism confirmed. You can't even defend your own book! Laughable, and very pathetic! And I couldn't get past 2 chapters. Sorry, but the mean atheist will come next.
superflymegastallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2014 6:24:04 PM
At 2/9/2014 4:53:31 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
I gotta say, really I do,for the amount of theists that I encounter, that claim atheists haven't read the bible, I find it very odd that nobody wants to discuss it! I've given all the opportunity to tell me where I'm wrong, but have had no takers. Atheism confirmed. You can't even defend your own book! Laughable, and very pathetic! And I couldn't get past 2 chapters. Sorry, but the mean atheist will come next.

Bump
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 12:48:59 PM

Are you saying that there are multiple gods?

Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2014 10:35:44 PM
At 2/8/2014 2:07:21 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
Here are a few issues I have with the first two chapters.
There appear to be two creation accounts.
The one in chapter one, and another in chapter two in which the order is different.

How is there light if the sun isn't created yet, and how could the first day be marked?

God himself is apparently LIGHT. That is revealed in 1 John 1:5
That could be a physical light or a spiritual light or a metaphoric light as in a revelation.
It could be all of the above.

Plants are created on day three, and yet there still isn't a sun to direct photosynthesis.
They would have used the LIGHT which existed without the sun.
Another way to look at it is that the plants might not be physical plants but symbolic plants. The bible often relates plants to people or spirits.
Judges 9:8-15 includes a story of talking trees. That is only one example of where the plants in a story are obviously not literal talking plants.

On day four, god finally gets around to making the sun and the moon. Looking at this so far, here is creation.

The sun moon and stars also represent people in Jewish culture and literature.
Eg Gen 37:9-11... The interpretation of Josephs dream about the sun moon and stars was taken for granted by his father to be about his family.

D1 Earth
You left out the heavens. Gen 1:1 says he created heavens and earth.
I take that to mean everything which is visible and tangible as well as all things which are invisible and intangible.

D2 The firmament (Heaven) which contradicts Gen 1:1
Not really because Gen1:1 says he created the heavens and earth. Gen 1:7 describes how he divided heaven from earth and defines exactly what section is heaven. According to Gen1: 2 if you want to take it literally, it was all a combined mass of water in the beginning

D3 Land and plants
The plants were apparently "brought forth" by the earth not created by God. (Gen 1:11) God gave the earth the ability to produce them. You could say God left the job of plant production to Mother Nature.

D4 The sun and moon, and as an afterthought all of the other stars in the universe. Wow, it took god 3 days to make heaven, earth, plants, and then just kind of says, oh yeah, and the rest of the universe.

Since there was no sun on the earth for the first three days, the evening and morning which makes up the so called days in Genesis is not talking about sunrise and sunset but about something else. It must be talking about light and darkness in a symbolic or metaphoric sense.
Light can be representing God and darkness representing the opposite of God which must be the devil. You could interpret that to be good and evil or knowledge and ignorance, or just symbolic of all opposites. It might have nothing to do with time at all but rather be about a revelation as well as the absence of it or the hidden aspect of it.

D5 Birds and fish
Birds and fish even today can be symbolic of humans. "There are plenty of fish in the sea" , "Shes a sexy looking bird" "He's a bird brain"

D6 Land animals and Humans
Many humans on earth today believe humans are also animals and evolved from some common ancestor with apes.

D7 God takes a break, because creating the universe can wear you out.
It actually says he ended ( finished ) his work. It says nothing about taking a break. He never went back to work. When you finish a job you "rest" from it in the sense that you no longer need to do it because it is finished. No need to rest in the sense of taking a break and then going back to work after the rest period. It basically means God stopped work.

God makes two magic trees which have disappeared. Oh, and if he didn't want Adam and Eve to eat the fruit, why did he allow them access to the tree?
God never made two magic trees. There was only ever ONE tree in the middle of the garden in the story. There were never two trees.
The tree of knowledge and tree of life are a parallelism. They are different terms describing the same tree. That tree is not a literal tree but refers to knowledge and life itself. Life contains knowledge. You cannot have knowledge if you have no life.

God tells Adam that if he eats from the tree of good and evil, he will die. When Adam does eat he lives for another 900 years.
Apparently he had a thousand years grace according to some people who believe "a day" is equal to a literal thousand years and not 24 hours of earth time.

Gen 1:20 says that animals came from the waters, but in Gen 2:19 they come from the ground.
In Genesis 1 :20-21 the waters brought forth the animals which God had created. Maybe he created the water animals from the ground under the water and they ended up in the water. There is still ground under water after all.
Gen 2:4-25 is talking about everything that happened in "the day", not in the six days, that God created the heavens and everything in heaven and earth BEFORE it was in the earth and BEFORE it grew.

Gen 2:4-5 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, IN THE DAY that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens, And every plant of the field BEFORE it was in the earth, and every herb of the field BEFORE it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

The story is a mysterious puzzle designed to keep humans amused for all eternity. LOL
Can you figure it out and solve the puzzle?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2014 11:10:00 PM

Isaiah 44:8 KJV
Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

If there are no other gods how can anyone worship what does not exist and why would God say to not worship other gods if none exist in the first place?
Could it be that all supernatural gods are man made idols which do not exist anywhere except in the imagination of mankind?