Total Posts:28|Showing Posts:1-28
Jump to topic:

God & abortion

Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2014 9:45:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
When arguing against abortion some........well most use God.

Quite simply God hates abortion, so they say. I find this at best without justification at worst laughable.

Why laughable ? cause children/babies etc have be dying in misery well for a long time. God doesn't seem to think it's a good idea to stop such things happening, yet your telling me that same God suddenly gets enraged when a woman decided to terminate a pregnancy ? nah I don't think so.

I see no more evidence that God is enraged by an abortion than say some one stepping on an ant.

It's just people using God as a way to express their hate of something.

I am also a realist, I realize it's just to an effect weapon to get what you want by having people believe that God hates xyz and anyone who does xyz is going to hell.

So I suppose now I have to listen to people making claims on Gods behalf...............
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
annanicole
Posts: 19,791
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2014 9:56:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
"cause people have be dying in misery well for a long time. God doesn't seem to think it's a good idea to stop such things happening, yet your telling me that same God suddenly gets enraged when a woman decided kill a person ? nah I don't think so."

That's a novel approach to a very complicated subject.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2014 9:59:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/8/2014 9:56:23 PM, annanicole wrote:
"cause people have be dying in misery well for a long time. God doesn't seem to think it's a good idea to stop such things happening, yet your telling me that same God suddenly gets enraged when a woman decided kill a person ? nah I don't think so."

That's a novel approach to a very complicated subject.

You changed what I said but still used quotation marks ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
annanicole
Posts: 19,791
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2014 10:08:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/8/2014 9:59:52 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 2/8/2014 9:56:23 PM, annanicole wrote:
"cause people have be dying in misery well for a long time. God doesn't seem to think it's a good idea to stop such things happening, yet your telling me that same God suddenly gets enraged when a woman decided kill a person ? nah I don't think so."

That's a novel approach to a very complicated subject.

You changed what I said but still used quotation marks ?

Are you saying that the meaning was changed? Actually I didn't quote you or anyone. I supplied a statement and simply said that such a statement is a very novel approach.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2014 10:13:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/8/2014 10:08:45 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 2/8/2014 9:59:52 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 2/8/2014 9:56:23 PM, annanicole wrote:
"cause people have be dying in misery well for a long time. God doesn't seem to think it's a good idea to stop such things happening, yet your telling me that same God suddenly gets enraged when a woman decided kill a person ? nah I don't think so."

That's a novel approach to a very complicated subject.

You changed what I said but still used quotation marks ?

Are you saying that the meaning was changed? Actually I didn't quote you or anyone. I supplied a statement and simply said that such a statement is a very novel approach.

Yes I think the meaning is changed. I don't think from the moment of conception that a "person" exists. So a woman having an abortion doesn't necessarily mean a person has being killed.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
annanicole
Posts: 19,791
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2014 10:19:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/8/2014 10:13:05 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 2/8/2014 10:08:45 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 2/8/2014 9:59:52 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 2/8/2014 9:56:23 PM, annanicole wrote:
"cause people have be dying in misery well for a long time. God doesn't seem to think it's a good idea to stop such things happening, yet your telling me that same God suddenly gets enraged when a woman decided kill a person ? nah I don't think so."

That's a novel approach to a very complicated subject.

You changed what I said but still used quotation marks ?

Are you saying that the meaning was changed? Actually I didn't quote you or anyone. I supplied a statement and simply said that such a statement is a very novel approach.

Yes I think the meaning is changed. I don't think from the moment of conception that a "person" exists. So a woman having an abortion doesn't necessarily mean a person has being killed.

Oh, you mean an embryo or fetus. I thought u said "children/babies".
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2014 10:37:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/8/2014 9:45:35 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
When arguing against abortion some........well most use God.

Quite simply God hates abortion, so they say. I find this at best without justification at worst laughable.

Why laughable ? cause children/babies etc have be dying in misery well for a long time. God doesn't seem to think it's a good idea to stop such things happening, yet your telling me that same God suddenly gets enraged when a woman decided to terminate a pregnancy ? nah I don't think so.

I see no more evidence that God is enraged by an abortion than say some one stepping on an ant.

It's just people using God as a way to express their hate of something.

I am also a realist, I realize it's just to an effect weapon to get what you want by having people believe that God hates xyz and anyone who does xyz is going to hell.

So I suppose now I have to listen to people making claims on Gods behalf...............

Yea, that's not a good argument.

A better argument is demonstrating that if an unborn baby and us, are two substantially different things, that is, we differ essentially, then some sort of essential or substantial change must take place.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2014 10:38:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/8/2014 9:45:35 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
When arguing against abortion some........well most use God.

Quite simply God hates abortion, so they say. I find this at best without justification at worst laughable.

Why laughable ? cause children/babies etc have be dying in misery well for a long time. God doesn't seem to think it's a good idea to stop such things happening, yet your telling me that same God suddenly gets enraged when a woman decided to terminate a pregnancy ? nah I don't think so.

I see no more evidence that God is enraged by an abortion than say some one stepping on an ant.

It's just people using God as a way to express their hate of something.

I am also a realist, I realize it's just to an effect weapon to get what you want by having people believe that God hates xyz and anyone who does xyz is going to hell.

So I suppose now I have to listen to people making claims on Gods behalf...............

It's also called "playing the God card" and it absolutely DRIVES ME NUTS. :| "Well God doesn't like it that you chew tobacco so much, so you shouldn't!" Me: Stfu.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2014 10:42:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/8/2014 10:38:29 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 2/8/2014 9:45:35 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
When arguing against abortion some........well most use God.

Quite simply God hates abortion, so they say. I find this at best without justification at worst laughable.

Why laughable ? cause children/babies etc have be dying in misery well for a long time. God doesn't seem to think it's a good idea to stop such things happening, yet your telling me that same God suddenly gets enraged when a woman decided to terminate a pregnancy ? nah I don't think so.

I see no more evidence that God is enraged by an abortion than say some one stepping on an ant.

It's just people using God as a way to express their hate of something.

I am also a realist, I realize it's just to an effect weapon to get what you want by having people believe that God hates xyz and anyone who does xyz is going to hell.

So I suppose now I have to listen to people making claims on Gods behalf...............

It's also called "playing the God card" and it absolutely DRIVES ME NUTS. :| "Well God doesn't like it that you chew tobacco so much, so you shouldn't!" Me: Stfu.

Are you sure about that ? what about the following argument..........

Well the bible says..........
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 12:17:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
This alleged god allegedly kills more foetuses than mankind does. According to the OT he actually told people to rip foetuses from women's wombs.

I don't think this alleged god dislikes abortion at all.
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 10:52:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/8/2014 9:59:52 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 2/8/2014 9:56:23 PM, annanicole wrote:
"cause people have be dying in misery well for a long time. God doesn't seem to think it's a good idea to stop such things happening, yet your telling me that same God suddenly gets enraged when a woman decided kill a person ? nah I don't think so."

That's a novel approach to a very complicated subject.

You changed what I said but still used quotation marks ?

How did he change what you said? You think a fully-developed foetus won't be in the same amount of pain as Sally Slut decides to murder?

Atheism really is insanity.
XLAV
Posts: 13,719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 10:57:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/9/2014 10:52:58 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 2/8/2014 9:59:52 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 2/8/2014 9:56:23 PM, annanicole wrote:
"cause people have be dying in misery well for a long time. God doesn't seem to think it's a good idea to stop such things happening, yet your telling me that same God suddenly gets enraged when a woman decided kill a person ? nah I don't think so."

That's a novel approach to a very complicated subject.

You changed what I said but still used quotation marks ?

How did he change what you said? You think a fully-developed foetus won't be in the same amount of pain as Sally Slut decides to murder?

Atheism really is insanity.
Says the one who follows an old book.
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 11:01:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/9/2014 10:57:21 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/9/2014 10:52:58 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 2/8/2014 9:59:52 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 2/8/2014 9:56:23 PM, annanicole wrote:
"cause people have be dying in misery well for a long time. God doesn't seem to think it's a good idea to stop such things happening, yet your telling me that same God suddenly gets enraged when a woman decided kill a person ? nah I don't think so."

That's a novel approach to a very complicated subject.

You changed what I said but still used quotation marks ?

How did he change what you said? You think a fully-developed foetus won't be in the same amount of pain as Sally Slut decides to murder?

Atheism really is insanity.
Says the one who follows an old book.

Cool genetic fallacy, bro.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 11:24:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/8/2014 9:45:35 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
When arguing against abortion some........well most use God.

Quite simply God hates abortion, so they say. I find this at best without justification at worst laughable.

Why laughable ? cause children/babies etc have be dying in misery well for a long time. God doesn't seem to think it's a good idea to stop such things happening, yet your telling me that same God suddenly gets enraged when a woman decided to terminate a pregnancy ? nah I don't think so.

I see no more evidence that God is enraged by an abortion than say some one stepping on an ant.

It's just people using God as a way to express their hate of something.

I am also a realist, I realize it's just to an effect weapon to get what you want by having people believe that God hates xyz and anyone who does xyz is going to hell.

So I suppose now I have to listen to people making claims on Gods behalf...............

God formed the illusions of babies being aborted to confuse His people and cause them fear. There's nothing to worry about because everything we see are only illusions that aren't real. But they sure do look real because God designed His illusions so perfect that we can't tell if they're real or not.
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 1:16:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/9/2014 11:01:32 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 2/9/2014 10:57:21 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/9/2014 10:52:58 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 2/8/2014 9:59:52 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 2/8/2014 9:56:23 PM, annanicole wrote:
"cause people have be dying in misery well for a long time. God doesn't seem to think it's a good idea to stop such things happening, yet your telling me that same God suddenly gets enraged when a woman decided kill a person ? nah I don't think so."

That's a novel approach to a very complicated subject.

You changed what I said but still used quotation marks ?

How did he change what you said? You think a fully-developed foetus won't be in the same amount of pain as Sally Slut decides to murder?

Atheism really is insanity.
Says the one who follows an old book.

Cool genetic fallacy, bro.

I don't agree with everything you say, but that's a buuuurrrrn right there! :P
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 1:17:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/8/2014 10:42:44 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 2/8/2014 10:38:29 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 2/8/2014 9:45:35 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
When arguing against abortion some........well most use God.

Quite simply God hates abortion, so they say. I find this at best without justification at worst laughable.

Why laughable ? cause children/babies etc have be dying in misery well for a long time. God doesn't seem to think it's a good idea to stop such things happening, yet your telling me that same God suddenly gets enraged when a woman decided to terminate a pregnancy ? nah I don't think so.

I see no more evidence that God is enraged by an abortion than say some one stepping on an ant.

It's just people using God as a way to express their hate of something.

I am also a realist, I realize it's just to an effect weapon to get what you want by having people believe that God hates xyz and anyone who does xyz is going to hell.

So I suppose now I have to listen to people making claims on Gods behalf...............

It's also called "playing the God card" and it absolutely DRIVES ME NUTS. :| "Well God doesn't like it that you chew tobacco so much, so you shouldn't!" Me: Stfu.

Are you sure about that ? what about the following argument..........

Well the bible says..........

Well who are you to decide what the Bible says? We could all do that, and get a million interpretations of the Bible. That doesn't sound like anything Jesus would have set up.

Which is why I'm not Protestant.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 1:33:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/9/2014 1:17:34 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 2/8/2014 10:42:44 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 2/8/2014 10:38:29 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 2/8/2014 9:45:35 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
When arguing against abortion some........well most use God.

Quite simply God hates abortion, so they say. I find this at best without justification at worst laughable.

Why laughable ? cause children/babies etc have be dying in misery well for a long time. God doesn't seem to think it's a good idea to stop such things happening, yet your telling me that same God suddenly gets enraged when a woman decided to terminate a pregnancy ? nah I don't think so.

I see no more evidence that God is enraged by an abortion than say some one stepping on an ant.

It's just people using God as a way to express their hate of something.

I am also a realist, I realize it's just to an effect weapon to get what you want by having people believe that God hates xyz and anyone who does xyz is going to hell.

So I suppose now I have to listen to people making claims on Gods behalf...............

It's also called "playing the God card" and it absolutely DRIVES ME NUTS. :| "Well God doesn't like it that you chew tobacco so much, so you shouldn't!" Me: Stfu.

Are you sure about that ? what about the following argument..........

Well the bible says..........

Well who are you to decide what the Bible says? We could all do that, and get a million interpretations of the Bible. That doesn't sound like anything Jesus would have set up.

Which is why I'm not Protestant.

None of us saints set up a religion. We're only here as a testament to our invisible created existence, which we know as energy today. From this energy, known to us saints as God's invisible language, came all the illusions that we see in His visible Kingdom called Earth.

The prophecies show us that there will be an end to the illusions we see in this world and then we'll wake up into another world with all kinds of different illusions to see. But our created existence will remain the same as invisible vibrations that we know as energy today.

God spoke these vibrations into His mind from His thoughts. We're nothing but God's dreams.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 1:36:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/9/2014 1:33:00 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/9/2014 1:17:34 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 2/8/2014 10:42:44 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 2/8/2014 10:38:29 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 2/8/2014 9:45:35 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
When arguing against abortion some........well most use God.

Quite simply God hates abortion, so they say. I find this at best without justification at worst laughable.

Why laughable ? cause children/babies etc have be dying in misery well for a long time. God doesn't seem to think it's a good idea to stop such things happening, yet your telling me that same God suddenly gets enraged when a woman decided to terminate a pregnancy ? nah I don't think so.

I see no more evidence that God is enraged by an abortion than say some one stepping on an ant.

It's just people using God as a way to express their hate of something.

I am also a realist, I realize it's just to an effect weapon to get what you want by having people believe that God hates xyz and anyone who does xyz is going to hell.

So I suppose now I have to listen to people making claims on Gods behalf...............

It's also called "playing the God card" and it absolutely DRIVES ME NUTS. :| "Well God doesn't like it that you chew tobacco so much, so you shouldn't!" Me: Stfu.

Are you sure about that ? what about the following argument..........

Well the bible says..........

Well who are you to decide what the Bible says? We could all do that, and get a million interpretations of the Bible. That doesn't sound like anything Jesus would have set up.

Which is why I'm not Protestant.

None of us saints set up a religion. We're only here as a testament to our invisible created existence, which we know as energy today. From this energy, known to us saints as God's invisible language, came all the illusions that we see in His visible Kingdom called Earth.

The prophecies show us that there will be an end to the illusions we see in this world and then we'll wake up into another world with all kinds of different illusions to see. But our created existence will remain the same as invisible vibrations that we know as energy today.

God spoke these vibrations into His mind from His thoughts. We're nothing but God's dreams.

Bornofgod, I have a question. If everything in this world is an illusion, why should people behave morally at all? Why shouldn't we run around and murder everyone and rape each other and commit mass genocides and do all sorts of terrible deeds?
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 1:42:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/9/2014 11:01:32 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 2/9/2014 10:57:21 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/9/2014 10:52:58 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 2/8/2014 9:59:52 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 2/8/2014 9:56:23 PM, annanicole wrote:
"cause people have be dying in misery well for a long time. God doesn't seem to think it's a good idea to stop such things happening, yet your telling me that same God suddenly gets enraged when a woman decided kill a person ? nah I don't think so."

That's a novel approach to a very complicated subject.

You changed what I said but still used quotation marks ?

How did he change what you said? You think a fully-developed foetus won't be in the same amount of pain as Sally Slut decides to murder?

Atheism really is insanity.
Says the one who follows an old book.

Cool genetic fallacy, bro.

LOL.

Installgentoo: 1
Xlav: 0
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 2:20:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/9/2014 1:36:36 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/9/2014 1:33:00 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/9/2014 1:17:34 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 2/8/2014 10:42:44 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 2/8/2014 10:38:29 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 2/8/2014 9:45:35 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
When arguing against abortion some........well most use God.

Quite simply God hates abortion, so they say. I find this at best without justification at worst laughable.

Why laughable ? cause children/babies etc have be dying in misery well for a long time. God doesn't seem to think it's a good idea to stop such things happening, yet your telling me that same God suddenly gets enraged when a woman decided to terminate a pregnancy ? nah I don't think so.

I see no more evidence that God is enraged by an abortion than say some one stepping on an ant.

It's just people using God as a way to express their hate of something.

I am also a realist, I realize it's just to an effect weapon to get what you want by having people believe that God hates xyz and anyone who does xyz is going to hell.

So I suppose now I have to listen to people making claims on Gods behalf...............

It's also called "playing the God card" and it absolutely DRIVES ME NUTS. :| "Well God doesn't like it that you chew tobacco so much, so you shouldn't!" Me: Stfu.

Are you sure about that ? what about the following argument..........

Well the bible says..........

Well who are you to decide what the Bible says? We could all do that, and get a million interpretations of the Bible. That doesn't sound like anything Jesus would have set up.

Which is why I'm not Protestant.

None of us saints set up a religion. We're only here as a testament to our invisible created existence, which we know as energy today. From this energy, known to us saints as God's invisible language, came all the illusions that we see in His visible Kingdom called Earth.

The prophecies show us that there will be an end to the illusions we see in this world and then we'll wake up into another world with all kinds of different illusions to see. But our created existence will remain the same as invisible vibrations that we know as energy today.

God spoke these vibrations into His mind from His thoughts. We're nothing but God's dreams.

Bornofgod, I have a question. If everything in this world is an illusion, why should people behave morally at all? Why shouldn't we run around and murder everyone and rape each other and commit mass genocides and do all sorts of terrible deeds?

Each of God's created beings are given a certain amount of information to experience life with. Some of His people have been given information to kill during some point in their life. Some have been given info to drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes. Some have gotten information to become a religious pastor while other's become satan worshipers. All the information that we're living with in this first age was meant to deceive us from our true existence within His mind.

So if you don't have a desire to kill or rape someone, then you won't kill or rape anyone. This is all our Creator's work, not ours, because we're only illusions that make us believe we're real.

Life is but a dream in our Creator's mind my friend.
Drayson
Posts: 288
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 6:06:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
There are multiple passages in the bible that indicate God places less value on the "life" of an unborn child - the penalties prescribed for causing a woman to miscarry are generally a small monetary fine, which is a meagre punishment compared to the penalty for murder.

If God considered the life of a fetus equal in value to any other life, then the consequences would be the same.

Also, when Moses is told to count all his people by God, he's only told to count children if they're more than a month old. So God doesn't even consider newborn babies people, let alone unborn ones.

I should say here, I'm not religious and don't believe in the bible, but I don't see how Christians can justify blanket opposition to abortion based on biblical grounds.
"I'm not saying I don't trust you...and I'm not saying I do. But I don't"

-Topper Harley
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2014 12:00:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/9/2014 2:20:24 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/9/2014 1:36:36 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/9/2014 1:33:00 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/9/2014 1:17:34 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 2/8/2014 10:42:44 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 2/8/2014 10:38:29 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 2/8/2014 9:45:35 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
When arguing against abortion some........well most use God.

Quite simply God hates abortion, so they say. I find this at best without justification at worst laughable.

Why laughable ? cause children/babies etc have be dying in misery well for a long time. God doesn't seem to think it's a good idea to stop such things happening, yet your telling me that same God suddenly gets enraged when a woman decided to terminate a pregnancy ? nah I don't think so.

I see no more evidence that God is enraged by an abortion than say some one stepping on an ant.

It's just people using God as a way to express their hate of something.

I am also a realist, I realize it's just to an effect weapon to get what you want by having people believe that God hates xyz and anyone who does xyz is going to hell.

So I suppose now I have to listen to people making claims on Gods behalf...............

It's also called "playing the God card" and it absolutely DRIVES ME NUTS. :| "Well God doesn't like it that you chew tobacco so much, so you shouldn't!" Me: Stfu.

Are you sure about that ? what about the following argument..........

Well the bible says..........

Well who are you to decide what the Bible says? We could all do that, and get a million interpretations of the Bible. That doesn't sound like anything Jesus would have set up.

Which is why I'm not Protestant.

None of us saints set up a religion. We're only here as a testament to our invisible created existence, which we know as energy today. From this energy, known to us saints as God's invisible language, came all the illusions that we see in His visible Kingdom called Earth.

The prophecies show us that there will be an end to the illusions we see in this world and then we'll wake up into another world with all kinds of different illusions to see. But our created existence will remain the same as invisible vibrations that we know as energy today.

God spoke these vibrations into His mind from His thoughts. We're nothing but God's dreams.

Bornofgod, I have a question. If everything in this world is an illusion, why should people behave morally at all? Why shouldn't we run around and murder everyone and rape each other and commit mass genocides and do all sorts of terrible deeds?

Each of God's created beings are given a certain amount of information to experience life with. Some of His people have been given information to kill during some point in their life. Some have been given info to drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes. Some have gotten information to become a religious pastor while other's become satan worshipers. All the information that we're living with in this first age was meant to deceive us from our true existence within His mind.

So if you don't have a desire to kill or rape someone, then you won't kill or rape anyone. This is all our Creator's work, not ours, because we're only illusions that make us believe we're real.

Life is but a dream in our Creator's mind my friend.

I take it then that free will does not exist?
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2014 10:26:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/10/2014 12:00:09 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/9/2014 2:20:24 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/9/2014 1:36:36 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/9/2014 1:33:00 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/9/2014 1:17:34 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 2/8/2014 10:42:44 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 2/8/2014 10:38:29 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 2/8/2014 9:45:35 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
When arguing against abortion some........well most use God.

Quite simply God hates abortion, so they say. I find this at best without justification at worst laughable.

Why laughable ? cause children/babies etc have be dying in misery well for a long time. God doesn't seem to think it's a good idea to stop such things happening, yet your telling me that same God suddenly gets enraged when a woman decided to terminate a pregnancy ? nah I don't think so.

I see no more evidence that God is enraged by an abortion than say some one stepping on an ant.

It's just people using God as a way to express their hate of something.

I am also a realist, I realize it's just to an effect weapon to get what you want by having people believe that God hates xyz and anyone who does xyz is going to hell.

So I suppose now I have to listen to people making claims on Gods behalf...............

It's also called "playing the God card" and it absolutely DRIVES ME NUTS. :| "Well God doesn't like it that you chew tobacco so much, so you shouldn't!" Me: Stfu.

Are you sure about that ? what about the following argument..........

Well the bible says..........

Well who are you to decide what the Bible says? We could all do that, and get a million interpretations of the Bible. That doesn't sound like anything Jesus would have set up.

Which is why I'm not Protestant.

None of us saints set up a religion. We're only here as a testament to our invisible created existence, which we know as energy today. From this energy, known to us saints as God's invisible language, came all the illusions that we see in His visible Kingdom called Earth.

The prophecies show us that there will be an end to the illusions we see in this world and then we'll wake up into another world with all kinds of different illusions to see. But our created existence will remain the same as invisible vibrations that we know as energy today.

God spoke these vibrations into His mind from His thoughts. We're nothing but God's dreams.

Bornofgod, I have a question. If everything in this world is an illusion, why should people behave morally at all? Why shouldn't we run around and murder everyone and rape each other and commit mass genocides and do all sorts of terrible deeds?

Each of God's created beings are given a certain amount of information to experience life with. Some of His people have been given information to kill during some point in their life. Some have been given info to drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes. Some have gotten information to become a religious pastor while other's become satan worshipers. All the information that we're living with in this first age was meant to deceive us from our true existence within His mind.

So if you don't have a desire to kill or rape someone, then you won't kill or rape anyone. This is all our Creator's work, not ours, because we're only illusions that make us believe we're real.

Life is but a dream in our Creator's mind my friend.

I take it then that free will does not exist?

That's correct. All our life experiences were already planned and created and spoken into vibrations called energy. Everything works according to our Creator's plan.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2014 5:23:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/8/2014 9:45:35 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
When arguing against abortion some........well most use God.

Quite simply God hates abortion, so they say. I find this at best without justification at worst laughable.

Abortion should not be argued "by religion." Normally when I argue abortion, the other side brings religion into the equation to attempt to use strawman arguments.

Unfortunately, many well intentioned people are used to arguing with other religious people and thus conclude that this is the best argument to make. Unless you are debating it between two like minded people this is always the wrong approach.
Fox-McCloud
Posts: 158
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2014 5:28:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am against abortion. However, I do not need God to support my views. I plan to do a debate on the topic soon.
Abortion Is Generally Morally Reprehensible: http://www.debate.org...

The instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves - Archibald Alison

Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive, but to be young was very heaven! - William Wordsworth
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2014 11:33:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/9/2014 1:17:34 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 2/8/2014 10:42:44 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 2/8/2014 10:38:29 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 2/8/2014 9:45:35 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
When arguing against abortion some........well most use God.

Quite simply God hates abortion, so they say. I find this at best without justification at worst laughable.

Why laughable ? cause children/babies etc have be dying in misery well for a long time. God doesn't seem to think it's a good idea to stop such things happening, yet your telling me that same God suddenly gets enraged when a woman decided to terminate a pregnancy ? nah I don't think so.

I see no more evidence that God is enraged by an abortion than say some one stepping on an ant.

It's just people using God as a way to express their hate of something.

I am also a realist, I realize it's just to an effect weapon to get what you want by having people believe that God hates xyz and anyone who does xyz is going to hell.

So I suppose now I have to listen to people making claims on Gods behalf...............

It's also called "playing the God card" and it absolutely DRIVES ME NUTS. :| "Well God doesn't like it that you chew tobacco so much, so you shouldn't!" Me: Stfu.

Are you sure about that ? what about the following argument..........

Well the bible says..........

Well who are you to decide what the Bible says? We could all do that, and get a million interpretations of the Bible. That doesn't sound like anything Jesus would have set up.

Which is why I'm not Protestant.

So we should just accept what the catholic church has to say on any matter and that is the end of it ?

I don't think so. Which is why I am not a catholic.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
ethang5
Posts: 4,117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2014 12:23:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/8/2014 9:45:35 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
When arguing against abortion some........well most use God.

Quite simply God hates abortion, so they say. I find this at best without justification at worst laughable.

Why laughable ? cause children/babies etc have be dying in misery well for a long time. God doesn't seem to think it's a good idea to stop such things happening, yet your telling me that same God suddenly gets enraged when a woman decided to terminate a pregnancy ? nah I don't think so.

Lets examine the shockingly poor logic used here. IC is comparing babies dying (through non-murder causes) with someone actively killing a baby. Are those two things comparable?

Can a mother who has been arrested for killing her baby use the defense that babies have been dying for ages?

Lets say on her way to the abortion clinic a enraged man hits her in the stomach and causes the baby to die. Can that man be charged with murder?

What atheists do is slap an arbitrary definition on the human fetus and then demand that everyone, including God, pretend that that arbitrary definition is reality.

I see no more evidence that God is enraged by an abortion than say some one stepping on an ant.

What would God have to do to convince the typical atheist that He does not like murder? Ask him and see how illogical his reply will be.

Consider;
Police officers have been shooting people to death in misery for a long time. The government doesn't seem to think it's a good idea to stop such things happening, yet your(sic) telling me that same Government suddenly gets enraged when a woman decides to shoot someone ? nah I don't think so.

or,

The Government has been executing people to death in misery for a long time. The people don't seem to think it's a good idea to stop such things happening, yet your(sic) telling me that same Government suddenly gets enraged when a woman decides to execute someone ? nah I don't think so.


Pop quiz! What concept is the argument leaving out? Can you say "authority"? I thought you could. The concept of authority explains why God can get angry when you do something like kill another person even though people die all the time. Hint IC, you have none.

It's just people using God as a way to express their hate of something.

I am also a realist, I realize it's just to an effect weapon to get what you want by having people believe that God hates xyz and anyone who does xyz is going to hell.

So I suppose now I have to listen to people making claims on Gods behalf...............

As opposed to God coming down to talk to you Himself? Perhaps He will your highness. After all, you're that important.
ethang5
Posts: 4,117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2014 8:42:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Yet another one, and another thread, where the OP'er is ready with spittle-filled rants, but runs as soon as his logic anemic argument is undressed.

Does anyone know a forum where atheists actually defend their positions?