Total Posts:212|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why did God created evil in the first place?

Angelos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 3:53:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
This question has me thinking for days. I know why evil exists in the world, but I want to know why God would create evil in the first place; before creating the world; before creating the heavens; before creating Satan. I've asked several people, but they were not able to answer why. So, here I am, asking you guys because I know there are a lot of knowledge, religious people in here.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 4:18:23 AM
At 2/12/2014 3:53:30 AM, Angelos wrote:
This question has me thinking for days. I know why evil exists in the world, but I want to know why God would create evil in the first place; before creating the world; before creating the heavens; before creating Satan. I've asked several people, but they were not able to answer why. So, here I am, asking you guys because I know there are a lot of knowledge, religious people in here.

All I know is it has something to do with free will.
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 6:23:17 AM
"Evil" is in the eye of the beholder much like beauty. What is "evil" in one culture may not be so in another. In Islamic cultures love matches between adults and children are ok while they are considered evil in many Western cultures...now. Not so a few hundred years ago. A lot of what is called "evil" human behavior is going to be ultimately found to be brain disorders causing different types of criminal behavior, e.g. a lack of brain development in the empathy areas leads to psychopathic behavior, no feelings for others so no amount of appealing to humanitarian concern works on these people. When does that start in childhood? And how much of what we call evil behavior is actually carry-over behavior from our days as wild animals? E.g. males killing young male competitors, e.g. males killing other human beings in other communities considered non-human as unwanted competitors for food. E.g. males raping other community women which was the Natural Way to offset inbreeding of small isolated tribal communities. We make judgments on religious grounds instead of sociological science grounds and pay the price of criminal activity out of control because we don't know what we're doing. God and Science must be congruent or it's phony. Bottom line.

And here's the biggie: Creation runs on polar oppositions. On-Off. Positive-Negative. Energy-Material. Light-Dark. Life and Death. Good and Evil. Without the contrasts, our brains don't register things.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 7:08:40 AM

This question has me thinking for days. I know why evil exists in the world, but I want to know why God would create evil in the first place;....

God did not create evil. Perhaps you should give us your reasoning for why you believe this.

......before creating Satan.

God created Lucifer. Lucifer "created" Satan.

I've asked several people, but they were not able to answer why.

That should have given you a hint that perhaps some of the problem was in your question. It assumes God created evil. Why?

So, here I am, asking you guys because I know there are a lot of knowledge, religious people in here.

lol. My spidey sense is tingling.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 7:14:54 AM
The YLT & EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT make NO mention of the Hebrew Term in their narrative, so asking these supernatural Satan believers to support their ideology using those versions is impossible for them!

They are brainwashed dupes!
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 7:17:25 AM
At 2/12/2014 7:08:40 AM, ethang5 wrote:
God did not create evil. Perhaps you should give us your reasoning for why you believe this.
Story book says -

Isaiah 45:7:
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. KJV Story book
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 7:58:07 AM

This question has me thinking for days. I know why evil exists in the world, but I want to know why God would create evil in the first place;....

Because this god dude created everything? Well that's the story.

What else did he not create then?

This omniscient god didn't know before he created luci that luci would become satan. What didn't have his omniscient glasses on?

What else didn't he know beforehand?

That should have given you a hint that perhaps some of the problem was in your question. It assumes God created evil. Why?
Se above.
So, here I am, asking you guys because I know there are a lot of knowledge, religious people in here.

Well put it back in your underpants and stop being vulgar.
KaileyFox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 8:36:40 AM
At 2/12/2014 7:58:07 AM, bulproof wrote:

God created everything that was PURE in the garden on Eden. When Adam and Eve ate the fruit of the tree and disobeyed God, that's when everything became corrupted. That doesn't mean God didn't create everything, it just means that now everything he DID create has a "shadow," so to speak.

This omniscient god didn't know before he created luci that luci would become satan. What didn't have his omniscient glasses on?

He did know that Lucifer was going to become evil, however, like us, angels have free will. Satan chose to betray God and God sent him out of heaven.

Once again, it has to do with free will. Satan became evil of his own free will. To help you understand, think of God as a parent. He could have created everything to do his bidding. He could have made it so we were programmed to do everything for him. Instead, he let us make choices. Would you rather have a parent that brainwashes you to obey them, or a parent that lets you make the choice to go do something on your own? Which one sounds more like love to you?

Se above.

You know he wasn't being vulgar, right? Spidey senses aren't...nevermind. Carry on.
Angelos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 12:47:45 PM
Once again, it has to do with free will. Satan became evil of his own free will. To help you understand, think of God as a parent. He could have created everything to do his bidding. He could have made it so we were programmed to do everything for him. Instead, he let us make choices. Would you rather have a parent that brainwashes you to obey them, or a parent that lets you make the choice to go do something on your own? Which one sounds more like love to you?

If God created evil because of free-will, are those who are going to be saved on that 'Day of Judgment' have free-will in the new Heaven?
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 1:13:16 PM
At 2/12/2014 7:58:07 AM, bulproof wrote:

Evil isn't a thing. God created light, which made shadows possible. God created choice, which made evil possible. God didn't create shadows any more than He created evil. Neither shadow nor evil are created things. The are situations which obtain when other things align.

Your unbelief.

No need to be stupid. The question was not, "what did God know?"

I have no clue. You brought it up, you answer it.

Are you gay? I mean, it's cool and all but you seem fixated on male genitalia. Just for the record, I'm not. And even if I was, I wouldn't like a militant atheist.

Have a nice day.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 1:22:42 PM
At 2/12/2014 7:17:25 AM, Composer wrote:

Story book says -

Isaiah 45:7:
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. KJV Story book

Then you should agree with me when I say God didn't create evil. I mean, get your position together. Is the Book a story book? Then when it says God created evil it's wrong and my comment is true. If it isn't a story book, then you look kinda stupid running around the board calling it one.

But please, take a stand. Am I right when I say God didn't create evil, or are you wrong in calling it a story book?

there is value in thinking about your position before posting.
KaileyFox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 2:00:45 PM
At 2/12/2014 12:47:45 PM, Angelos wrote:

If God created evil because of free-will, are those who are going to be saved on that 'Day of Judgment' have free-will in the new Heaven?

God didn't create evil...
Here is an entry on a webpage that should answer one or more of your questions:
http://carm.org...
theta_pinch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 2:07:32 PM

Isaiah 45:7 7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Isaiah 45:7 7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. That is why.

Any sufficiently complex phenomenon is indistinguishable from magic--Me

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
Niel deGrasse Tyson
Angelos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 3:09:46 PM
At 2/12/2014 2:00:45 PM, KaileyFox wrote:

Thank you for the article.

The article states that, "Every attribute that the created order possesses must first exist in a higher form in the God who created it. (Evil is not an attribute, but a privation of a good attribute that ought to be there.) So, any attribute that a created thing has must be brought into actuality by a prior cause. "

Question: Does that mean the good attribute is the cause of evil?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my interpretation of the article is that it's saying we will have free-will in Heaven, but we will know the consequences of committing a sin, hence, "The angels fell (Rev. 12:9, Luke 10:18). They fell because they became obsessed with their own beauty and power rather than the ultimate power that they were made to know." Therefore, if we are in Heaven, but we committed a sin, we will be removed.

Question: If we commit a sin in Heaven, wouldn't that make 'Judgment Day' useless because God and Jesus Christ already judged them to be saved?
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 3:29:19 PM
God is not a perfect God. Because he is not the universe is an unstable, delicate place where suffering and death can be experienced. God doesn't have the ability to create a universe completely free of suffering and death. The only real solution therefore is that humans establish moral rules and laws to minimize suffering and gratuitous death in our world.
KaileyFox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 3:39:56 PM
At 2/12/2014 3:09:46 PM, Angelos wrote:
At 2/12/2014 2:00:45 PM, KaileyFox wrote:

Thank you for the article.

The article states that, "Every attribute that the created order possesses must first exist in a higher form in the God who created it. (Evil is not an attribute, but a privation of a good attribute that ought to be there.) So, any attribute that a created thing has must be brought into actuality by a prior cause. "

Question: Does that mean the good attribute is the cause of evil?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my interpretation of the article is that it's saying we will have free-will in Heaven, but we will know the consequences of committing a sin, hence, "The angels fell (Rev. 12:9, Luke 10:18). They fell because they became obsessed with their own beauty and power rather than the ultimate power that they were made to know." Therefore, if we are in Heaven, but we committed a sin, we will be removed.

Question: If we commit a sin in Heaven, wouldn't that make 'Judgment Day' useless because God and Jesus Christ already judged them to be saved?

Thanks for the questions. I'm actually learning more, myself. Judgement day comes after Satan has been thrown in the lake of fire and sin is no more. Therefore, we will still have free will to make our own decisions apart from God, but I don't think that means we'll have the free will to sin, since sinning will no longer exist. It's kind of like, you have the ability to do good for people right now, like providing for people you've never known in Japan because their homes were destroyed in a tsunami. Or you don't have to do anything at all. It's not a sin to not provide for them, but it is a nice thing to do, and it's a decision you would be making between helping them or not helping them. The same will apply in heaven after Judgment day. We'll still have free will, but we won't need to choose between good and evil. That's kind of long-winded, but I hope it makes sense.
Darran
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 4:10:05 PM

It's got you thinking because it doesn't makes sense according to your believes, this is your natural logic kicking in, something your beliefs can't allow. Unless you see things logically and think for yourself you will always remain unanswered.
superflymegastallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 5:55:31 PM
Obviously, it's because Juan Pablos's god isn't perfect. He said so himself.
Why would god create evil? I don't know.
The best answer I've ever heard was "he doesn't care".
It only becomes applicable if you are searching for everlasting perfectness, love, and whatever else your particular god can give you.
God is determined by what YOU want, not by what god wants. And if he doesn't care what you want, and he's gonna do what god wants, then your wasting you time.
Did you have a choice to be born?
Do you have a choice to die?
Nope, if god exists, it's what he wants. As Christopher Hitchens put it, "a celestial North Korea". So why care? Damnation? Then he doesn't love you, and I've heard that before. Why worship a god who doesn't love you? And he may need some money. He always needs money. He's all powerful, all wise, all knowing, and somehow he just can't handle money! That was George Carlin.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 7:06:03 PM

I've personally never met a theist who says God directly created evil.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 7:51:36 PM

Good luck finding anyone willing to discuss the question in anything other than emotional ways which suit personal agendas. I think it's an excellent question, but I don't think there are any simple answers for it, only reasoning and personal opinion. I believe that evil is an inherent byproduct of free-will, because it our ability to act with free-will that makes humans co-creators. We don't tend to think of the actions of animals as being evil, and we don't tend to think of them as creators, because they lack the necessary type of thinking. I hope you get some good answers.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 9:07:56 PM

God did not create evil!!
God gave us "Free Will" you should be asking why!? If you knew why God gave man "free Will" you would know why there is evil!

Simply answer is: God is pure 100% LOVE!!!
1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

1 John 4:16
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

Angelos God gave man free will because God is pure LOVE!
Love cannot force anyone to do loving things!!
Think If I forced you to give to the poor then your "gift" would not be a gift! OR...
Angelos or how about this... "If you will love me, I will pay you eighteen dollars"! Would your love for me be real love?? NO!! OR....
Angelos or how about this... "If you refuse to love me I will punch you square in your nose"!!! Would your love for me be real love?? NO!!

Angelos free will means you have the choice to love of not to love it means you can HATE!!
Pigs, dogs, rabbits, sheep, snails mold cannot love! They do not have free will! BUT...
Angelos but Pigs, dogs, rabbits, sheep, snails mold also cannot HATE!

Man has the CHOICE.. Free Will gives man the choice.. To love or not to love!
Satan is 100% HATE he cannot love he has already been judged! It is to late for Satan!
Satan is in the world!!

Evil is the result of CHOICES man makes and the CHOICE (past tense) Satan made!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 9:27:54 PM

God created the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil". He didn't just create evil without creating good. This is God's language to deceive His people during this age. A language is the knowledge required to explain either the things we see or the invisible things we can't see. The knowledge that explains the things we see in this world is the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. This is the strong delusion that kept man from knowing the other knowledge required to explain the invisible things such as invisible energy, which exists as vibrations that no man will ever be able to see.

The knowledge that we need to explain the invisible things is called the "tree of life". This knowledge is known as the language of our Creator because it's His thoughts that were spoken into vibrations, which is our true created existence.

In the book of Genesis of the Bible, the symbolic story of Adam and Eve disobeying God's commandments causes the death of man's flesh. God already knew the flesh of man was only an illusion but Adam and Eve and every flesh that came after them had no idea that they were only seeing illusions that make up the visible world. It would take our Creator thousands of years of careful planning to help His people understand that we're created as invisible vibrations that would form illusions of this world that we believe are real today. At least most of God's people still believe our flesh is real but physicists and other scientists and especially God's saints know that everything we see are only illusions.

God's plan for this age was to inform us of who we are through the illusions called prophets and saints. He had these prophets ( illusions ) planned to exist at certain strategic times throughout this first age to speak and write from our created invisible existence as vibration which is known as Christ in the new testament, also known as the Word of God or the Voice of God in the old testament prophecies.

All God's creation exists within Christ but are formed as illusions called flesh in the visible world we believe as being real. So it's this world that men perceive as good and evil that has deceived man ever since man woke up in an illusion called the flesh.

At the end of this age, the fire of God ( vibrations to stop the tree of the knowledge of good and evil ) will appear to destroy every illusion that man has believed was real during this first age. Since everything we see were only illusions that each man perceives from His own created "being", the earth doesn't have to go through a big change as something being real. That's because when man wakes up in the New Earth, he won't have any memory of the first age. This means man won't have any memory to compare the first world to the new world we awaken to.

The good news is that we won't have a "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" in our New Heaven and Earth when we appear in our new flesh. We'll never understand what evil means because nothing will decay, destruct or die in the next age. There won't be any entropy whatsoever that we all had to live with in this age.

The main reason God had to create this good and evil world ( Lucifer, satan, devil, beast, etc. ) was to have a contrast of thoughts in order to connect with His invisible servant ( the elect, in the flesh called prophets and saints ). By coming into the minds of His prophets and saints, who were living in this world delusion ( formed with the knowledge of good and evil ), with the knowledge from His created Christ, He could connect with His servant and began teaching Him who we are within His mind. We eventually learned through the flesh called saints that the flesh is not real but our created existence is God's thought spoken into vibrations.

I hope this helps you understand why man sees evil in this world. It's only an illusion that will go away when your flesh perishes during this age, which won't be long from now.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 9:41:19 PM
One must first understand the balance of privilege and responsibility before one can understand evil. For example, if I gain the privilege to drive, I must also gain the responsibility not to run somebody over. Every privilege is linked to responsibility, whether it is promotion at a job, great physical strength, or even sentience itself. Instead of asking "why was evil created," ask yourself this: "could sentience exist without evil?" Can you endow a mind with the power of intelligence, without also endowing it with the power to use that intelligence selfishly? Intelligence is the ultimate privilege, which must carry the ultimate responsibility. Simply trying to negate this responsibility is meaningless, just as negating the responsibility of not running somebody over with a car after granting somebody a license to drive.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 9:55:02 PM
At 2/12/2014 7:51:36 PM, Idealist wrote:

Good luck finding anyone willing to discuss the question in anything other than emotional ways which suit personal agendas. I think it's an excellent question, but I don't think there are any simple answers for it, only reasoning and personal opinion. I believe that evil is an inherent byproduct of free-will, because it our ability to act with free-will that makes humans co-creators. We don't tend to think of the actions of animals as being evil, and we don't tend to think of them as creators, because they lack the necessary type of thinking. I hope you get some good answers.

Read my post above and you will see the correct answer to this person's question.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 10:40:27 PM
At 2/12/2014 9:41:19 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
One must first understand the balance of privilege and responsibility before one can understand evil. For example, if I gain the privilege to drive, I must also gain the responsibility not to run somebody over. Every privilege is linked to responsibility, whether it is promotion at a job, great physical strength, or even sentience itself. Instead of asking "why was evil created," ask yourself this: "could sentience exist without evil?" Can you endow a mind with the power of intelligence, without also endowing it with the power to use that intelligence selfishly? Intelligence is the ultimate privilege, which must carry the ultimate responsibility. Simply trying to negate this responsibility is meaningless, just as negating the responsibility of not running somebody over with a car after granting somebody a license to drive.

WOW I'm a finite sentient entity, let me determine what an infinite sentient creator is capable of.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 10:56:10 PM
At 2/12/2014 9:41:19 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

Great answer!
Angelos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 11:16:49 PM
At 2/12/2014 9:27:54 PM, bornofgod wrote:

God created the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil". He didn't just create evil without creating good. This is God's language to deceive His people during this age. A language is the knowledge required to explain either the things we see or the invisible things we can't see. The knowledge that explains the things we see in this world is the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. This is the strong delusion that kept man from knowing the other knowledge required to explain the invisible things such as invisible energy, which exists as vibrations that no man will ever be able to see.

The knowledge that we need to explain the invisible things is called the "tree of life". This knowledge is known as the language of our Creator because it's His thoughts that were spoken into vibrations, which is our true created existence.

In the book of Genesis of the Bible, the symbolic story of Adam and Eve disobeying God's commandments causes the death of man's flesh. God already knew the flesh of man was only an illusion but Adam and Eve and every flesh that came after them had no idea that they were only seeing illusions that make up the visible world. It would take our Creator thousands of years of careful planning to help His people understand that we're created as invisible vibrations that would form illusions of this world that we believe are real today. At least most of God's people still believe our flesh is real but physicists and other scientists and especially God's saints know that everything we see are only illusions.

God's plan for this age was to inform us of who we are through the illusions called prophets and saints. He had these prophets ( illusions ) planned to exist at certain strategic times throughout this first age to speak and write from our created invisible existence as vibration which is known as Christ in the new testament, also known as the Word of God or the Voice of God in the old testament prophecies.

All God's creation exists within Christ but are formed as illusions called flesh in the visible world we believe as being real. So it's this world that men perceive as good and evil that has deceived man ever since man woke up in an illusion called the flesh.

At the end of this age, the fire of God ( vibrations to stop the tree of the knowledge of good and evil ) will appear to destroy every illusion that man has believed was real during this first age. Since everything we see were only illusions that each man perceives from His own created "being", the earth doesn't have to go through a big change as something being real. That's because when man wakes up in the New Earth, he won't have any memory of the first age. This means man won't have any memory to compare the first world to the new world we awaken to.

The good news is that we won't have a "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" in our New Heaven and Earth when we appear in our new flesh. We'll never understand what evil means because nothing will decay, destruct or die in the next age. There won't be any entropy whatsoever that we all had to live with in this age.

The main reason God had to create this good and evil world ( Lucifer, satan, devil, beast, etc. ) was to have a contrast of thoughts in order to connect with His invisible servant ( the elect, in the flesh called prophets and saints ). By coming into the minds of His prophets and saints, who were living in this world delusion ( formed with the knowledge of good and evil ), with the knowledge from His created Christ, He could connect with His servant and began teaching Him who we are within His mind. We eventually learned through the flesh called saints that the flesh is not real but our created existence is God's thought spoken into vibrations.

I hope this helps you understand why man sees evil in this world. It's only an illusion that will go away when your flesh perishes during this age, which won't be long from now.

That's a very good answer, bornofgod. To make sure I understood what you've posted, let me say your answer in my own words. Correct me if I'm wrong. The former things will pass away when the 'Day of Judgment' comes, resulting in a new Heaven and Earth. In the new life that we will be living in, we will not understand 'evil', for God will wipe away everything and we won't have any memory of the age we're currently living in. However, God created 'evil' in the first place because He wants His creation to know that there is a God. So, God made several plans to send prophets and saints in order to inform us of who we are and who is God.

So, in conclusion, 'evil' was created because it was God's plan?
Iredia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 12:30:40 AM
I wonder if any answer at all will satisfy Angelos. In any case, why must you know ? Why not NOT know the way a physicist won't bother over why the universe was made, his business is the 'how'. That said, evil follows naturally from the concept of good. The same way motion requires friction, logic repels illogic, good and evil are oppoaites sides that play out on the scale of morality.

But more importantly,nthink about good or evil. They are simply mental. Christians or Muslims think their religion is good but deist or atheists think otherwise. A psycopath sees nothing wrong leisurely killing humans but most people detest this. From the point of the evildoer, evil is a good, or at least necessarily so, as a means to a good end.
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.