Jump to topic:

Are you a hypocrite?

superflymegastallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 6:19:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I have talked with theists, and non theists about the Bible. A lot.
This is what I've determined.
The theist says that the non theist does not understand the bible, or misinterprets the bible, or just didn't bother to read it.
The non theist says that "I know more than you do".
I posted a thread to address this issue by actually, posting what the bible states, word for word, and giving everybody the chance to comment.
Nobody seems to want to do so. Even the few who said they were in!
Sorry to offend you all if I do, but obviously the people on this site are hypocrites.
A passage for passage discussion on the bible that is the center of the debate, and nobody talks? I call that pathetic. Are you scared you may be wrong? F**K this site!
Disquisition
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 6:52:14 PM
At 2/12/2014 6:19:29 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
The theist says that the non theist does not understand the bible, or misinterprets the bible, or just didn't bother to read it.
I posted a thread to address this issue by actually, posting what the bible states, word for word, and giving everybody the chance to comment.
Sorry to offend you all if I do, but obviously the people on this site are hypocrites.
A passage for passage discussion on the bible that is the center of the debate, and nobody talks? I call that pathetic. Are you scared you may be wrong? F**K this site!

Ok what do you want to talk about?
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 11:23:55 AM
Yes. I'm a hypocrite.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
nummi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 12:35:52 PM
F**K this site!
You seem obsessed with religion, based on what you said here. It's hardly something to get pissed over.
There are far better things to do than talk about thousands of years old fantasy stories. How about talk about newer and so much better ones instead? I could easily provide a list of quality works.

But I personally am not interested in discussing any fantasy works, especially something as stupid and inferior as the bible.

This site sure does have issues..
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 2:00:22 PM
That must be why I had to swear the hypocritic oath when I signed up.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 4:56:38 PM

Sorry, I didn't see that you had already posted it!
LAZARUS77
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 5:50:27 PM
At 2/13/2014 11:23:55 AM, Paradox_7 wrote:
Yes. I'm a hypocrite.

~:D
No man is a true believer unless he desires for his brother that, what he desires for himself. - Prophet Muhammad saw
rockwater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 3:56:48 PM
Ok a lot of people on DDO need to understand that there are plenty of theists who:

1. Don't interpret the Bible literally.
and/or 2. Don't think the Bible is inerrant.
and/or 3. Don't limit themselves to the Bible in what they consult on questions of faith and morals.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 10:51:55 AM

Or people are just tired of your fake never ending questions pretending to be a search for truth.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 11:02:43 AM
At 2/22/2014 10:51:55 AM, ethang5 wrote:

Or people are just tired of your fake never ending questions pretending to be a search for truth.

He's a helluva lot less militant than the majority of atheists on this site.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 11:19:54 AM

Hypocrites use the Bible to Lord it over other sinners while they themselves keep disobeying God's Voice and His commandments. That's because the Bible is NOT GOD.

Our INVISIBLE Creator that NO Christian has ever seen IS GOD.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 12:57:29 PM
At 2/22/2014 11:02:43 AM, Romanii wrote:

That is true, but my problem with him was not militancy but his penchant to continuously ask questions without end. At some point one must arrive at an answer, admit there is no answer, or give up the search.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 11:17:23 PM
At 2/13/2014 12:35:52 PM, nummi wrote:
F**K this site!
You seem obsessed with religion, based on what you said here. It's hardly something to get pissed over.
There are far better things to do than talk about thousands of years old fantasy stories. How about talk about newer and so much better ones instead? I could easily provide a list of quality works.

But I personally am not interested in discussing any fantasy works, especially something as stupid and inferior as the bible.

This site sure does have issues..

I recommend the Belgariad or the Malloreon by David Eddings. Or the fantasy series I started writing in the fall. I'm on chapter nine. Book 1 should be done in two years.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 11:22:10 PM

What's with calling us militant? I mean, Alice Paul was called a militant feminist. At least she actually did some quasi-violent things. So-called 'militant' atheists write books, shout on the internet, and sue in court. Now Stalin, he was a militant atheist. Or at least a militant narcissistic self-deifying insane person.
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 11:23:35 PM
And to be quite honest, the bible is sooooo boring. I guess its a little less boring then the Quran, and the Old Testament actually has some parts that are fun to read, but I just get so bored. And I am rarely bored by books.
srehtiw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2014 5:52:12 AM
At 2/25/2014 11:23:35 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
And to be quite honest, the bible is sooooo boring. I guess its a little less boring then the Quran, and the Old Testament actually has some parts that are fun to read, but I just get so bored. And I am rarely bored by books.

Agreed. I mean why don't they just open with a joke? It would make the whole thing so much more tolerable.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2014 7:57:03 AM
At 2/25/2014 11:22:10 PM, Lordgrae wrote:

What's with calling us militant? I mean, Alice Paul was called a militant feminist. At least she actually did some quasi-violent things. So-called 'militant' atheists write books, shout on the internet, and sue in court. Now Stalin, he was a militant atheist. Or at least a militant narcissistic self-deifying insane person.

IDK actually... I've just heard other people refer to overly eager atheists as "militant" atheists.
"Loud anti-theist" would be a better term, I suppose....
superflymegastallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2014 5:26:34 PM
At 2/25/2014 12:57:29 PM, ethang5 wrote:

That is true, but my problem with him was not militancy but his penchant to continuously ask questions without end. At some point one must arrive at an answer, admit there is no answer, or give up the search.

I'll be sure not to ask you any other questions.
I'll just make statements. Like calling you a liar.
I hope you don't have children. They ask a lot of questions, and you may not like that. Liar
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2014 9:08:07 PM

If humans are indeed created in the image of God, all humans are hypocrites because God is also a hypocrite. He commands humans "Thou shalt not kill " then turns around and sends them to kill their enemies.
God says..."Don't do "X" but make sure you do "X" when I tell you to. Do as I say but don't do as I do" as God kills most of his creation after deciding it was not as good as he first thought it was. (Gen 1:31, Gen 6:7)
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2014 7:06:55 AM
At 2/26/2014 5:26:34 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 2/25/2014 12:57:29 PM, ethang5 wrote:

I'll be sure not to ask you any other questions.

Whoops! You're back. Thought you were leaving.

I'll just make statements. Like calling you a liar.

Yeah, and I'll lose sleep over it.

I hope you don't have children.

I do. Three beautiful daughters.

They ask a lot of questions, and you may not like that.

I loved it. But each of them arrived at answers. They asked when they were little. Now they search out answers on their own. They grew out of the childish behavior of continuously asking questions after age 8. How old are you?

Liar.

lol You call me a liar, but you can't say what lie I told, or what post I told it on. Yeah, way to go for maximum impact.

But please, you're hurting me. One of my greatest fears when joining this forum was, "What if superflymegastallion calls me a liar?" Oh the horror. I really hope you don't do it again.

Be careful! I might post another lie that you can't cite or talk about.

If he told you, he'd have to kill you.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2014 7:43:14 AM
At 2/26/2014 9:08:07 PM, Skyangel wrote:

If humans are indeed created in the image of God, all humans are hypocrites because God is also a hypocrite. He commands humans "Thou shalt not kill " then turns around and sends them to kill their enemies.

Your post humbled me. I had been commanding my 2 year old daughter not to stay up past 8, and then made her stay stay up till 11:45 the night her grandmother faded away from us. What a hypocrite I was.

fire with fire they always say.