Jump to topic:

Westboro Baptist Church

PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 11:08:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I was just watching a journalism report on the Westboro baptist church, including some interviews with the members of the church.

I am disgusted, and it quite frankly reminds me of some of the militant Taliban rhetoric I came across living in Saudi Arabia.

That said, I am open to discussion with anyone who feel similarly to them, and I am open to discussion with people who feel like I do about them.

Any comments?
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 11:12:06 PM
At 2/13/2014 11:08:30 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
I was just watching a journalism report on the Westboro baptist church, including some interviews with the members of the church.

I am disgusted, and it quite frankly reminds me of some of the militant Taliban rhetoric I came across living in Saudi Arabia.

That said, I am open to discussion with anyone who feel similarly to them, and I am open to discussion with people who feel like I do about them.

Any comments?

Those that preach the OT are just a different flavour of Taliban.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 11:19:54 PM
At 2/13/2014 11:12:06 PM, bulproof wrote:

Any comments?

OT?

bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 11:21:32 PM
At 2/13/2014 11:19:54 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

Any comments?

OT?

Usually means "Old Testament".
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 11:22:26 PM
At 2/13/2014 11:21:32 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 2/13/2014 11:19:54 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

Any comments?

OT?

Usually means "Old Testament".

Gotcha

Drayson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 12:14:27 AM
I take a slightly different opinion - I'm pleased they exist. Extreme nutcase groups like the WBC are a great way to remind the rest of us how much we all actually have in common...we can look at that pathetic little band of 150 people and say "Hey, at least it's only a minority who are THAT awful"

Plus, they're dropping like flies :P So many members of the younger generation in that church are leaving because they've realised how retarded it all is. I almost think it's kind of amusing in a way.
"I'm not saying I don't trust you...and I'm not saying I do. But I don't"

-Topper Harley
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 12:36:47 AM

Any comments?

Yes, just ignore them. Don't protest them or say anything which incites violence against them. They're all lawyers, and they filed 19 lawsuits last year alone against people who attacked them. The only way their church makes money is by suing people. Starve them of any means of suing anyone and they will go away much faster.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 1:08:15 AM
At 2/14/2014 12:36:47 AM, Installgentoo wrote:

Any comments?

Yes, just ignore them. Don't protest them or say anything which incites violence against them. They're all lawyers, and they filed 19 lawsuits last year alone against people who attacked them. The only way their church makes money is by suing people. Starve them of any means of suing anyone and they will go away much faster.

People who physically attacked them?

On a different note, I have seen Shirley Phelps Roper in debate with Christians. She comes across in a theological debate as ignorant.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 8:40:36 AM

Any comments?

No Christian has the Truth so anything they write or speak is a lie. This particular group is just more vocal than most other Christians.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 1:53:55 PM

Any comments?

Matthew 5:31
"It has been said, "Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce." 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Romans 1:24
Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.
25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator"who is forever praised. Amen.
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.
27 In the same way the
men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men,

Jude 1:7
In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

1 Corinthians 6:9
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 6:24:50 PM
At 2/14/2014 1:53:55 PM, Dogknox wrote:

Any comments?

"It has been said, "Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce." 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.
25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator"who is forever praised. Amen.
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.
27 In the same way the
men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men,

In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

Does this mean you approve of their tactics, Dogknox?
Also, can anyone tell me why they protest soldiers funerals?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 8:13:59 PM
At 2/14/2014 6:24:50 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 2/14/2014 1:53:55 PM, Dogknox wrote:

Any comments?

27 In the same way the

Skepticalone Good to meet you..
I reply... Love the sinner not the sin!
Westboro Baptist Church is pushing it to the extreme, their kind of preaching is alienating those who need help the most, the practicing homosexual will never change their lifestyle, by Westboro's "in your face, I am right you are wrong" teaching!

I am Christian.. That means; I believe what God tells me! He tells me in the scriptures he does NOT like man going against mans natural nature!
I think "homosexual activity" is degrading never mind immoral!

Skepticalone Man was made with free will.. This means; "Man has the ability to choose not to sin!" Sure there are people bent towards the same sex.. This does NOT mean those people with these sexual urges need to carry their urges to the refutation of SIN!

Satan has been attacking Love and Family from the first sin of Adam & Eve!
Adam and Eve did not love each other.. All people without love cannot enter heaven, thus they were removed from heaven!

This verse (below) pretty much says it all!!!
God is LOVE: Satan HATES God, he hates LOVE! He attacks "love" by twisting it, selling love to be used only for pleasuring ones self, nothing more!!!
FACT: All people who LOVE: Have God inside of them!

1 John 4:16
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

Skepticalone Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.
The "PRACTICING" homosexual, key word "PRACTICING"; Is not loving God, they are sinning against God!
The "PRACTICING" homosexual, does not have God inside, just as Adam and Eve they will not enter heaven without love they will not enter!
The homosexual refusing to cave in to their urges and desires might be considered the same callable and respected like a "Virgin" who gives God her "Virginity" as a gift from her heart!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 8:31:40 PM
Dogknox: "Sure there are people bent towards the same sex."

Anna: ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Who else but Dogknox could put it that way? I love that one. LMAO
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 8:35:37 PM
God does not hate homosexual people. God hates homosexuality, which is the homosexual act. Most Christians agree with this statement.
Of course, there always have been people like this, people who twist the words of the Bible to justify hatred.
As for their thing about soldiers, the Bible never condemned that. Many Godly people in the Bible, such as David and Joshua, were soldiers. The soldier thing is repulsive, even more so than their homophobia.

However, they do no real damage except to insult and offend some people. Therefore, they should be ignored. Of course, we should take action to keep them away from funerals.
Also, for those of you who think conservative Christians are comparable to Crusaders or Fascists, just remember that only about a few hundred people in America are this bad.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 10:15:33 PM
At 2/14/2014 8:35:37 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
God does not hate homosexual people. God hates homosexuality, which is the homosexual act. Most Christians agree with this statement.
Of course, there always have been people like this, people who twist the words of the Bible to justify hatred.
As for their thing about soldiers, the Bible never condemned that. Many Godly people in the Bible, such as David and Joshua, were soldiers. The soldier thing is repulsive, even more so than their homophobia.

However, they do no real damage except to insult and offend some people. Therefore, they should be ignored. Of course, we should take action to keep them away from funerals.
Also, for those of you who think conservative Christians are comparable to Crusaders or Fascists, just remember that only about a few hundred people in America are this bad.

Homosexuality is the romantic/sexual attraction a person feels for a member of the same gender, it's just something a person is born with.
If your god exists then that is how he made them, shouldn't he therefore hate himself?
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 10:23:08 PM
At 2/14/2014 8:13:59 PM, Dogknox wrote:

Westboro Baptist Church is pushing it to the extreme, their kind of preaching is alienating those who need help the most, the practicing homosexual will never change their lifestyle, by Westboro's "in your face, I am right you are wrong" teaching!

I am Christian.. That means; I believe what God tells me! He tells me in the scriptures he does NOT like man going against mans natural nature!

Skepticalone Man was made with free will.. This means; "Man has the ability to choose not to sin!" Sure there are people bent towards the same sex.. This does NOT mean those people with these sexual urges need to carry their urges to the refutation of SIN!

Adam and Eve did not love each other.. All people without love cannot enter heaven, thus they were removed from heaven!

God is LOVE: Satan HATES God, he hates LOVE! He attacks "love" by twisting it, selling love to be used only for pleasuring ones self, nothing more!!!

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

The "PRACTICING" homosexual, key word "PRACTICING"; Is not loving God, they are sinning against God!
The "PRACTICING" homosexual, does not have God inside, just as Adam and Eve they will not enter heaven without love they will not enter!
The homosexual refusing to cave in to their urges and desires might be considered the same callable and respected like a "Virgin" who gives God her "Virginity" as a gift from her heart!

Dogknox, no one is without sin according to the Bible.

1 John 1:8
8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

John 8:7
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

It always amazes me how "practicing" sinners overlook their own sins while they happily judge others. To each their own I suppose. I think it is hypocritical, though.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 11:15:16 PM

Attention.

They're aiming to be controversial, specifically to get attention. I don't believe it's JUST a money-making game, I believe they are ALSO batsh** insane, just not SO insane they can't realize it's ALSO a money-making game. Which, I'm not familiar with the cases they've won offhand, but if they were attacked or whatnot, I may be able to empathize with their attackers, even though I think they're wrong to do so.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 11:16:51 PM
At 2/14/2014 11:15:16 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

Attention.

They're aiming to be controversial, specifically to get attention. I don't believe it's JUST a money-making game, I believe they are ALSO batsh** insane, just not SO insane they can't realize it's ALSO a money-making game. Which, I'm not familiar with the cases they've won offhand, but if they were attacked or whatnot, I may be able to empathize with their attackers, even though I think they're wrong to do so.

I can believe this.

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 3:39:29 AM

Any comments?

We live in a world where anyone can claim anything and claim they have God on their side. Obviously that is a fact that can be exploited and has being exploited.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 3:33:01 PM

Any comments?

Westboro Baptist Church is neither Baptist nor a Church of God. They are a family of lawyers who make money suing counter-protesters.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 4:28:29 PM
At 2/14/2014 10:23:08 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

It always amazes me how "practicing" sinners overlook their own sins while they happily judge others. To each their own I suppose. I think it is hypocritical, though.

Thank you for your post..no one is without sin according to the Bible.
I reply: AND your point is??!
Who said anything about JUDGING!!!!?

If I shout.. "Skepticalone do not take another step backwards there is a cliff behind you" would you continue to step backwards!!?
Is it wrong for one person to warn of the danger they are in!!?? NO!!!!

I never said one word about JUDGING I posted the scriptures.. plain and simple.. God abhors the PRACTICING Homosexual!!!

I never said they were without sin!! They are SINNERS!!! It is a great SIN to willing sin!!! To be to be wallowing in the mud as a PIG, it is filthy lifestyle !!!
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 7:48:28 PM
At 2/15/2014 4:28:29 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 2/14/2014 10:23:08 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

Thank you for your post..no one is without sin according to the Bible.
I reply: AND your point is??!
Who said anything about JUDGING!!!!?

If I shout.. "Skepticalone do not take another step backwards there is a cliff behind you" would you continue to step backwards!!?
Is it wrong for one person to warn of the danger they are in!!?? NO!!!!

I never said one word about JUDGING I posted the scriptures.. plain and simple.. God abhors the PRACTICING Homosexual!!!

I never said they were without sin!! They are SINNERS!!! It is a great SIN to willing sin!!! To be to be wallowing in the mud as a PIG, it is filthy lifestyle !!!

Thank you for keeping it civil, Dogknox. I can appreciate you cliff analogy, and I submit all sin takes Christians away from God, towards the cliff, whether it is done willingly or not. Therefore, every sinner is heading towards the cliff because noone is without sin according to the Bible, yes? It is a double standard to berate the "sin" of homosexuality and to overlook or mitigate the sins committed by everyone else. Plus, it seems to me you are judging them when you make statements such as," it is a filthy lifestyle".

Also, I think an argument can be made for homosexuality being a natural state. They may be born with this inclination. It seems you are assuming homosexuality is a choice. If homosexuality is a natural state, which it appears to be, then it is inappropriate to hold them to a higher standard.

Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 7:51:31 PM

Any comments?
One word
Anonymous!!
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2014 4:01:52 PM
At 2/15/2014 7:48:28 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 2/15/2014 4:28:29 PM, Dogknox wrote:

Thank you for keeping it civil, Dogknox. I can appreciate you cliff analogy, and I submit all sin takes Christians away from God, towards the cliff, whether it is done willingly or not. Therefore, every sinner is heading towards the cliff because noone is without sin according to the Bible, yes? It is a double standard to berate the "sin" of homosexuality and to overlook or mitigate the sins committed by everyone else. Plus, it seems to me you are judging them when you make statements such as," it is a filthy lifestyle".

Also, I think an argument can be made for homosexuality being a natural state. They may be born with this inclination. It seems you are assuming homosexuality is a choice. If homosexuality is a natural state, which it appears to be, then it is inappropriate to hold them to a higher standard.

Thank you for your post..
I reply: First in the reverse!!! You said.. They may be born with this inclination. It seems you are assuming homosexuality is a choice.
I reply: NO!!! You are twisting my words... AGAIN I will say... They may be born with this inclination. YES; They may be born this way.. Should it matter??? NO! NO ONE can help how they were born!!!

THINK
Skepticalone What about the "Pedophile" he may be born this way, also!? You expect him to curb his urges towards children!!
You expect the Homo sexual cannot curb his urges!!? Is this it??!

You asked.. no one is without sin according to the Bible, yes?
I answer: YES.... BUT!!!!!!
Skepticalone but this is also in the bible... (below)

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Do You See It???? There is ways to have your sins removed!! "Be baptized for the forgiveness of your sins"!

The bible teaches Baptism makes God' children!!!
Baptism removes sins and places us into God' kingdom!!
The bible tells all Christians; "Baptism IMMERSES us into the Holy Blameless Sinless body of Jesus!"
The bible tells all; Baptism makes DISCIPLES of all nations!

All believers KNOW; Disciples are Jesus' brothers! His brothers go to heaven!

Skepticalone Clearly all peoples "ADDED to Jesus' holy body" will enter heaven because heaven is where Jesus is! Even the man with an urge towards Children or even towards other men.. AS LONG...
Skepticalone as long as they are NOT PRACTICING Homo or Pedophile!!!

You pointed out: it seems to me you are judging them when you make statements such as," it is a filthy lifestyle".

I have to ask: AND you do not think it?
Animals have urges they act on URGES, they do NOT have free Choice they cannot sin!!
QUESTION: You see a pig doing what is NOT natural, can you truthfully say; "it is natural"?! NO you cannot! All know, it is NOT Natural for a (male) boar to be humping another boar pig!

Now you want me to CONDONE the "higher" animal the ones with FREE CHOICE as RIGHTEOUS by going against what is NATURALLY WRONG!!??? Well I just will not do it!!!

LOOK... This perty much says it all...
1 John 3:7
Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

Do You See It?? The one who does what is right is righteous!!!

DOING RIGHT is what makes us RIGHTEOUS!!
The Practicing Pedophile is NOT RIGHTEOUS... They do NOT do right! They CHOOSE to do WRONG!!

ONLY...
Skepticalone only the righteous go to heaven!!
Don't get me wrong.. I DID NOT say the "Self Righteous"!

Thoses people who "CHOOSE to DO RIGHT" are NOT Practicing Pedophile's!!!
vekoma123
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2014 4:06:26 PM
WBC is just a group of attention whores. They feed on the media and reactions that counter with their own religious propaganda.

Even though I don't agree with them, the only thing I can agree as an entirety is that they have the right to own freedom of speech just as much as we do. We really need to take the bad with the good.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2014 5:36:29 PM
I reply: First in the reverse!!! You said.. They may be born with this inclination. It seems you are assuming homosexuality is a choice.
I reply: NO!!! You are twisting my words... AGAIN I will say... They may be born with this inclination. YES; They may be born this way.. Should it matter??? NO! NO ONE can help how they were born!!!

THINK
Skepticalone What about the "Pedophile" he may be born this way, also!? You expect him to curb his urges towards children!!

Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Do You See It???? There is ways to have your sins removed!! "Be baptized for the forgiveness of your sins"!

The bible tells all Christians; "Baptism IMMERSES us into the Holy Blameless Sinless body of Jesus!"

Skepticalone Clearly all peoples "ADDED to Jesus' holy body" will enter heaven because heaven is where Jesus is! Even the man with an urge towards Children or even towards other men.. AS LONG...

You pointed out: it seems to me you are judging them when you make statements such as," it is a filthy lifestyle".

Animals have urges they act on URGES, they do NOT have free Choice they cannot sin!!
QUESTION: You see a pig doing what is NOT natural, can you truthfully say; "it is natural"?! NO you cannot! All know, it is NOT Natural for a (male) boar to be humping another boar pig!

Now you want me to CONDONE the "higher" animal the ones with FREE CHOICE as RIGHTEOUS by going against what is NATURALLY WRONG!!??? Well I just will not do it!!!

Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

The Practicing Pedophile is NOT RIGHTEOUS... They do NOT do right! They CHOOSE to do WRONG!!

ONLY...

I find it interesting you compare homosexuality to pedophilia. Homosexuality is between consenting partners, and pedophilia is reprehensible. I do not equate the two.
Also, since everyone is a practicing sinner, no one should be superior in terms of sin to anyone else, right?

Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2014 12:25:44 AM
At 2/16/2014 5:36:29 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

THINK

ONLY...

I find it interesting you compare homosexuality to pedophilia. Homosexuality is between consenting partners, and pedophilia is reprehensible. I do not equate the two.
Also, since everyone is a practicing sinner, no one should be superior in terms of sin to anyone else, right?

Nooooo You are mistaken!!!
I post the scriptures... God is clear: "Homosexual behavior" is a sin, just as scriptures also say, pedophilia is a sin!
Your words.. Homosexuality is between consenting partners
I reply NO DUH, yes it takes two!!! BIG DEAL!!!! So both are sinning!!! The "Between Consenting" means just that, two agreeing to sin!
It means AGREEING to give in to sexual URGES that go against NATURE!
Pigs cannot reject URGES they are lesser then man!!
QUESTION: Are you saying the "Homosexual" cannot help himself??!
Are you saying he has to cave in to his URGES!!?
Are you willing to place the "Homosexual" equal to that of a PIG no higher??!

Skepticalone Man can reject urges to sin, they have FREE CHOICE to do what is right and be RIGHTEOUS! Or to do what is WRONG and SIN!! PIGS cannot sin, they have NO free choice!!

>>>> PRACTICING <<<< Homosexuality is a sin, it is reprehensible!!! Goes against nature!
>>>> PRACTICING <<<< Pedophilia is a sin, it is reprehensible!!!! Goes against nature!

NOW go on, try and explain to me, how it does NOT go against nature!!!
Tell me, they have the right and I will tell you; Yes they have the right!! I will tell them: They are stepping backwards off a very high cliff!
I tell you: It is WRONG and they will die!!! It is just this simple!

I tell them and you: I warn you and them... SIN brings DEATH!! Should I NOT warn them and you??!
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2014 8:22:51 AM
@doggy wrote
SIN brings DEATH!!

Well it did for jesus.
Or do you mean other peoples sin brings death?
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2014 9:43:23 AM

I post the scriptures... God is clear: "Homosexual behavior" is a sin, just as scriptures also say, pedophilia is a sin!
I reply NO DUH, yes it takes two!!! BIG DEAL!!!! So both are sinning!!! The "Between Consenting" means just that, two agreeing to sin!

Skepticalone Man can reject urges to sin, they have FREE CHOICE to do what is right and be RIGHTEOUS! Or to do what is WRONG and SIN!! PIGS cannot sin, they have NO free choice!!

>>>> PRACTICING <<<< Homosexuality is a sin, it is reprehensible!!! Goes against nature!
>>>> PRACTICING <<<< Pedophilia is a sin, it is reprehensible!!!! Goes against nature!

Tell me, they have the right and I will tell you; Yes they have the right!! I will tell them: They are stepping backwards off a very high cliff!

I tell them and you: I warn you and them... SIN brings DEATH!! Should I NOT warn them and you??!

I think you are missing my point so I will try once more.
The wages of ALL sin is death. Are you without sin? Am I without sin? -NO.
Is there a hierarchical list of sin potency somewhere? Or does one consider sin frequency rate to determine who is more righteous? If not, then every sin is equal in the eyes of your creator. The fact that you or I sin should make us exactly the same as someone who participates in homosexual behavior, yes? If this I have stated is true, then harrassing homosexuals is nothing more than a self righteous activity.

Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2014 12:17:00 PM
At 2/17/2014 9:43:23 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

I think you are missing my point so I will try once more.
The wages of ALL sin is death. Are you without sin? Am I without sin? -NO.
Is there a hierarchical list of sin potency somewhere? Or does one consider sin frequency rate to determine who is more righteous? If not, then every sin is equal in the eyes of your creator. The fact that you or I sin should make us exactly the same as someone who participates in homosexual behavior, yes? If this I have stated is true, then harrassing homosexuals is nothing more than a self righteous activity.

Skepticalone I must point out....
Homosexual activity is WRONG ...Scriptures say it is WRONG!! To let him walk off a cliff would be a sin on my part!

You are clearly saying: "Let the man walk off the cliff, don't warn him say NOTHING; it is his choice to kill himself"!

THINK man THINK... You are not just playing the devils advocate, you are speaking for Satan himself! Satan wants all men to sin and here you are saying; "Go ahead and SIN"!
A sane man would speak up for what is right and reject what is clearly wrong!!!
You are speaking up for what is clearly LOGICALLY WRONG!!!

I bet you are one of those people standing on the street yelling up to the man intent on committing sideways: "Jump, jump, jump, jump.... !!!"
You ask.. Is there a hierarchical list of sin potency somewhere?
I point out.. There are sins and there are worse sins!!
1 John 5:16
If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that.
17 All wrongdoing is sin, and there is sin that does not lead to death.

Skepticalone There is sin that does not lead to death and this is NOT one of them!!
There is a sin that leads to death.

It is a sin to jay walk, litter, gossip etcetra.. Normally these are small sins! They can be great sins if the "Gossip" makes a person commit sideways or if the "Litter" is toxic waste or the "Jay Walking" is intend to kill someone!!
Skepticalone All wrongdoing is sin!! AND>> "He who does right is RIGHTEOUS!"
NO homosexual activity can be a small sin! NO homosexual activity is "Doing Right!" The "RIGHTEOUS people are saved.. DOING RIGHT makes a person RIGHTEOUS!! Defending a persons "SIN" is NOT a righteous act!

Yes I sin and I also repent and ask for forgiveness!!
If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life.