Jump to topic:

Atheists, please disprove God

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2014 7:39:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Who's typing your posts? Obviously not a sentient being!
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
TS-387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2014 8:00:11 AM
At 2/17/2014 7:30:45 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
Oh right, you can't.

Looks like theism wins all debates on DDO.

Install, please prove god.
MST_SlGNATURE_31803
CrazyCowMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 1:47:46 AM
Oh right, you can't.

You're retarded. 'Nuff said.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 1:53:01 AM
Oh right, you can't.

Seriously... You sound very insecure about your position as a theist.

A lot of your posts seem repetitive and ultimately useless. Are you trying to provoke ppl into belief? or maybe intimidate ppl into compliance with theism? I'm just not seeing and edifying approach to this, or, most of your posts...
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Graincruncher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 2:48:52 AM
Oh right, you can't.

I'll give this a go, but first you must define god so I know what I'm refuting. I mean completely and precisely define god. Every last detail. Chop chop.
jkerr3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 6:37:55 AM
Oh right, you can't.

It's impossible to prove a negative, but of course you already knew that "at least I hope" which makes this a trick question.

But I do agree with you claiming god doesn't exist is just as rediculous as claiming god does. The reality is that we don't know.
Sswdwm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 6:44:14 AM
1. Our understanding of organism is a masturbation for which no greater can be conceived
2. The idea of orgasm exists in the mind
3. An orgasm that exists both in the mind and in reality is greater than an orgasm that exists only in the mind.
4. If the orgasm only exists in the mind, then we can conceive of a greater orgasm"that which exists in reality.
5. We cannot imagine something that is greater than an orgasm.
6. God is greater than an orgasm
7. Therefore, God does not exist.
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:

God most likely exists:
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 12:17:06 PM
Oh right, you can't.

The initial Burden of Proof is on the theists. When evidence is provided it then shifts to the atheists. The theists have not yet filled their burden of proof, that means that atheists do not yet have a burden of proof. I know that this has been pointed out to you MANY times. At this point it is safe to say that you are either a troll, ignorant, or just plain stupid.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 2:38:26 PM
Oh right, you can't.

That's a cry for help. There's no need for any atheists to disprove anything for you. You already know the truth and you're working toward accepting it. I'm glad that this forum can be a mechanism for you to use to work it out in your mind.

You're one of the lucky ones, it's going to come to you with a little more maturity.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 6:13:38 AM
Oh right, you can't.

ALL acclaimed Supernatural god(s) are 100% human fabrication so that can't be refuted!

Conversely ALL legitimate evidence (including yours) for a literal Supernatural god(s) remains a constant zero!
brice1967
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 1:14:55 PM
Oh right, you can't.

I've never seen anyone prove god exists....
brice1967
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 1:17:52 PM
At 4/4/2014 12:17:06 PM, SNP1 wrote:
Oh right, you can't.

The initial Burden of Proof is on the theists. When evidence is provided it then shifts to the atheists. The theists have not yet filled their burden of proof, that means that atheists do not yet have a burden of proof. I know that this has been pointed out to you MANY times. At this point it is safe to say that you are either a troll, ignorant, or just plain stupid.

The original poster qualifies as all 3.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 2:43:59 PM
Oh right, you can't.

The initial Burden of Proof is on the theists.

Prove it.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 3:03:51 PM
At 4/4/2014 6:37:55 AM, jkerr3 wrote:
Oh right, you can't.

It's impossible to prove a negative, but of course you already knew that "at least I hope" which makes this a trick question.

But I do agree with you claiming god doesn't exist is just as rediculous as claiming god does. The reality is that we don't know.

It is not impossible to prove a negative. I can prove that there are no coins in my pocket right now, and I can also prove that there are no all red houses that are blue.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 4:25:41 PM
At 4/5/2014 3:03:51 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Oh right, you can't.

It is not impossible to prove a negative. I can prove that there are no coins in my pocket right now, and I can also prove that there are no all red houses that are blue.

But that sort of negative is impossible to prove. It would be like claiming that I have invisible, intangible coins in my pocket. The claims of the nature of God require the ability to have knowledge that is beyond any human being, and therefore we cannot prove the negative.
Graincruncher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 7:50:56 PM
At 4/5/2014 2:43:59 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Oh right, you can't.

The initial Burden of Proof is on the theists.

Prove it.

Seriously? If you'd like proof, I'd say you should start by studying some logic and anything on how reasoned debate takes place. You make a claim, you provide evidence for it. Failing to be convinced by an unsupported claim cannot in any sane world be considered grounds for having a burden of proof to show why you weren't convinced by said unsupported claim.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 1:26:44 AM
Oh right, you can't.

Prove that you're a real person and not some DDO generated algorithm.

Oh right, you can't.
srehtiw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 11:56:01 AM
At 4/6/2014 1:26:44 AM, Double_R wrote:
Oh right, you can't.

Oh right, you can't.
Are you really using that as an argument for atheism? Showing that it is impossible to prove obvious things is something theists do to show atheists how unreasonable what they are asking us to provide is.
SkepticalStardust
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 12:52:23 PM
Oh right, you can't.

Please tell me this is a joke. If someone makes the claim that there is no god, then the burden of proof falls on them. Likewise, if someone makes the claim that there is a god, then the burden of proof falls on them. However, if someone simply doesn't accept the claim that there is a god, then the burden of proof does not fall on them.

Surly you understand that not accepting "X" =/= accepting "not X".
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." " Christopher Hitchens
SkepticalStardust
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 1:01:33 PM
At 4/6/2014 12:52:23 PM, SkepticalStardust wrote:
Oh right, you can't.

Please tell me this is a joke. If someone makes the claim that there is no god, then the burden of proof falls on them. Likewise, if someone makes the claim that there is a god, then the burden of proof falls on them. However, if someone simply doesn't accept the claim that there is a god, then the burden of proof does not fall on them.

Surly you understand that not accepting "X" =/= accepting "not X".

I should have read my post before posting it. I meant Surely, not surly.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." " Christopher Hitchens
SkepticalStardust
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 1:12:03 PM
At 4/6/2014 11:56:01 AM, srehtiw wrote:
Oh right, you can't.

Oh right, you can't.
Are you really using that as an argument for atheism? Showing that it is impossible to prove obvious things is something theists do to show atheists how unreasonable what they are asking us to provide is.

You're misunderstanding the analogy. It's not an argument for atheism; it's an argument against demanding evidence for not accepting an unsupported claim.
OldSeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 1:21:27 PM
Oh right, you can't.

Ok, what's your idea of "God" and can you prove that. Or, what do you say it/he/she/that/other/insert own -- is. Most Atheists don't say there is no God, but if you say there is--then you have to tell them. The general Atheist idea is- that there may possibly be such a thing/person/other, but they wany "you" to explain it. What you need to understand here--is they aren't saying] necessarily that there "isn't" such a thing (although there are them that there isn't). But--you are saying that there "is". The burden then, falls on you. "If" you say that God is a supernatural/human entity--I have to inform you that the book has no such entry or claim. It says' "God", and does not say what or whom it is specifically. The Hebrew "God" is an invisible entity that has no physical shape or material form, and that's according to them. But you'll notice--they never have said either "what" it specifically is. So, what is spirit. (:-)
srehtiw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 3:38:47 PM
At 4/6/2014 1:12:03 PM, SkepticalStardust wrote:
Oh right, you can't.

Oh right, you can't.

You're misunderstanding the analogy. It's not an argument for atheism; it's an argument against demanding evidence for not accepting an unsupported claim.

But how is the analogy different to the situation with God? I could say I do not believe you are a human, prove to me you are human. That is doing the same thing, it is requesting evidence for the claim that you are a human. As of yet the claim that anyone on this site is a actually human has never been backed up for me with evidence. (I'm rambling a bit, I hope you understand my point)
jkerr3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 3:52:01 PM
At 4/5/2014 3:03:51 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Oh right, you can't.

Those are not negative's because you are limiting the independence of them, for example if I where to say prove that there are no red houses in existence anywhere that would be impossible to prove because even if all of the houses on the face of the earth are blue it doesn't mean that there arent red houses on some other planet. However if you ask me to find a red house on your street where you already know all of the houses are blue that isn't a negative because it is highly controlled and the Independence is limited.

If I where to ask you to disprove that alien UFO's exist or that unicorns exist it would be impossible. for theose same reasons asking someone to disprove that god exists is impossible.
OldSeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 9:11:15 PM
At 4/6/2014 3:38:47 PM, srehtiw wrote:
At 4/6/2014 1:12:03 PM, SkepticalStardust wrote:
Oh right, you can't.

Oh right, you can't.

But how is the analogy different to the situation with God? I could say I do not believe you are a human, prove to me you are human. That is doing the same thing, it is requesting evidence for the claim that you are a human. As of yet the claim that anyone on this site is a actually human has never been backed up for me with evidence. (I'm rambling a bit, I hope you understand my point)

This may help:

https://sites.google.com...
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 11:47:45 PM
Oh right, you can't.

Oh right, you can't.

Am I using that as an argument for atheism? No, why on earth would you jump to that conclusion? I was making a snark comment to show the OP how dumb his post was.

It is not unreasonable for atheists to ask theists for evidence of their claims. If you think that providing evidence to support your claims is unreasonable then you don't know what reasonable means.

And no, saying "it just obvious" is not evidence. What that means is that we have to take an even bigger step back to discussing how knowledge and justified belief works, which is the point where most theists clear the room.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 1:49:56 AM
At 4/6/2014 11:47:45 PM, Double_R wrote:
Oh right, you can't.

Oh right, you can't.

Am I using that as an argument for atheism? No, why on earth would you jump to that conclusion? I was making a snark comment to show the OP how dumb his post was.

It is not unreasonable for atheists to ask theists for evidence of their claims. If you think that providing evidence to support your claims is unreasonable then you don't know what reasonable means.

And no, saying "it just obvious" is not evidence. What that means is that we have to take an even bigger step back to discussing how knowledge and justified belief works, which is the point where most theists clear the room.

Wrong answer.

If you think that providing evidence to support your claim is unreasonable, then I have a magic bottle of water that cures all known ailments, including cancer, that I will be willing to sell you for 10,000 dollars.