Jump to topic:

Better than Deserved

GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 10:33:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Since this is a religious belief I hold to I think it's relevant to post it in the religion forum.
Most people disagree with this thought or with me because they think I'm degrading myself or putting myself down in a negative way. Has nothing to do so much with what thinking low of myself but seeing what and who I really am as a person. I believe as a sinful person I don't deserve the least amount of good I receive everyday, but it's given FREELY on account of God's doing. Not mine. And to just maybe explain this point of view, this song I chose here will kinda elaborate a bit as my knowing of who I am.
http://youtu.be...

If you have disagreements, (as I'm sure there will be) by all means necessary ask or comment. But with all due respect, please let's try to be civil here. Thanks! :)
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 10:43:55 AM
At 2/18/2014 10:37:55 AM, TheWarrior wrote:
No disagreements here. We all deserve to be in Hell right now.

FINALLY someone agrees with me!! I'm not alone!! :)
Thanks for sharing!!
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
ElCoyote
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 10:49:10 AM
Sin has caused all of creation to go to hell, There is not one person on this earth that deserves to go to Heaven but we ask forgivness and through God's Grace we are allowed to enter the Kingdom of Heaven
TheWarrior
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 10:49:23 AM
At 2/18/2014 10:43:55 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

FINALLY someone agrees with me!! I'm not alone!! :)
Thanks for sharing!!

You are quite welcome!
https://docs.google.com...
Lead Enforcer of the DDO Revolutionary Party
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 10:50:50 AM
At 2/18/2014 10:49:10 AM, ElCoyote wrote:
Sin has caused all of creation to go to hell, There is not one person on this earth that deserves to go to Heaven but we ask forgivness and through God's Grace we are allowed to enter the Kingdom of Heaven

Amen!
"Good Times" ~ Max
ElCoyote
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 10:52:06 AM
we should discuss theology more often i feel like this could be a very entertaining topic :)
Soulja_n
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 11:01:55 AM
The term: "better than deserved" is kinda, well I just don't like it...

It seems degrading, how do you "deserve" to go to hell, it's not like you're going around murdering people, you ask for forgiveness for the sins you do commit , but you're still saying you deserve to go to hell...
Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 11:17:26 AM
You don't deserve to be happy, just as much as you don't deserve to be sad, jealous, anxious or annoyed. Such emotions aren't supposedly unobtainable goals, but varying factors that occur on a seemingly random basis. The word "deserve" is used out of context here. For one does not strive for happiness, because happiness is a choice. There are people in this world who, somehow against all odds have chosen to be happy in spite of their unhappy situation. This is not blind emotion, but non-conformance.

I don't think that someone's worldview (optimism/pessimism/realism) should have to conflict with their religion.
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
TheWarrior
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 11:26:25 AM
At 2/18/2014 11:01:55 AM, Soulja_n wrote:

It seems degrading, how do you "deserve" to go to hell, it's not like you're going around murdering people, you ask for forgiveness for the sins you do commit , but you're still saying you deserve to go to hell...
We all deserve Hell because we have all sinned against God. Yes, we as Christians ask forgiveness but it is only by the sheer grace of God and the blood of His Son that we are forgiven. So, yes we do deserve Hell, but God, in His grace has pardoned us.
If the president were to pardon a criminal of any sort, would not that criminal still be deserving of his sentence, whatever that may be? The answer would be yes, he still deserves his punishment, but he no longer has to be punished and no longer is.
ElCoyote
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 11:28:38 AM

We sin every day so we are not pure, as well as being born with the originial sin
Soulja_n
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 11:52:18 AM
At 2/18/2014 11:26:25 AM, TheWarrior wrote:

We all deserve Hell because we have all sinned against God. Yes, we as Christians ask forgiveness but it is only by the sheer grace of God and the blood of His Son that we are forgiven. So, yes we do deserve Hell, but God, in His grace has pardoned us.
If the president were to pardon a criminal of any sort, would not that criminal still be deserving of his sentence, whatever that may be? The answer would be yes, he still deserves his punishment, but he no longer has to be punished and no longer is.

Okay so if you have new grace, and you know you're forgiven and your slate is clean, why walk around still saying you're not? Or in this case "better than deserved"?
Soulja_n
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 11:54:24 AM
At 2/18/2014 11:28:38 AM, ElCoyote wrote:

We sin every day so we are not pure, as well as being born with the original sin

But still you ask for forgiveness, and you have new grace and mercy everyday... That makes you pure again.
TheWarrior
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 11:55:25 AM
At 2/18/2014 11:52:18 AM, Soulja_n wrote:

Okay so if you have new grace, and you know you're forgiven and your slate is clean, why walk around still saying you're not? Or in this case "better than deserved"?
Saying that we are doing better than deserved is not saying that we are not forgiven. It is saying that we are doing better than we deserve because we are forgiven.
Soulja_n
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 11:59:04 AM
At 2/18/2014 11:55:25 AM, TheWarrior wrote:

Saying that we are doing better than deserved is not saying that we are not forgiven. It is saying that we are doing better than we deserve because we are forgiven.

Are you not supposed to be forgiven??? O_o
TheWarrior
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 12:00:58 PM
At 2/18/2014 11:59:04 AM, Soulja_n wrote:

That is up to God not us.
Soulja_n
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 12:10:27 PM
At 2/18/2014 12:00:58 PM, TheWarrior wrote:

John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Since the "bible" says it, it's supposed to be true...

God wouldn't forgive you if you don't "deserve" to be forgiven, right?
DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 12:11:24 PM

No one ever deserves to go to hell.
DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 12:13:42 PM

We sin every day so we are not pure, as well as being born with the originial sin

If god didn't want people to (wicked though) then he should have taken more care into designing a better species.
DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 12:15:59 PM
At 2/18/2014 11:54:24 AM, Soulja_n wrote:

We sin every day so we are not pure, as well as being born with the original sin

But still you ask for forgiveness, and you have new grace and mercy everyday... That makes you pure again.

Ah but remember, Almighty God can commit us of thought crime. Just for what we think. So when you leave the church, you probably have already sinned...

Hallelujah! This is deserved...
Soulja_n
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 12:21:42 PM
At 2/18/2014 12:15:59 PM, DudeStop wrote:

Ah but remember, Almighty God can commit us of thought crime. Just for what we think. So when you leave the church, you probably have already sinned...

Hmm...True
DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 12:25:09 PM
At 2/18/2014 12:21:42 PM, Soulja_n wrote:

Hmm...True

NO. It's not true.

There's not the slightest evidence to indicate this.

It's complete garbage.
Soulja_n
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 12:29:03 PM
At 2/18/2014 12:25:09 PM, DudeStop wrote:

Hmm...True

NO. It's not true.

It's complete garbage.

In your opinion it might be, but if it's such garbage why did you post at all?
DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 12:33:30 PM
At 2/18/2014 12:29:03 PM, Soulja_n wrote:

Hmm...True

NO. It's not true.

It's complete garbage.

Tooo inform you it is garbage.

Not an opinion mate...
TheWarrior
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 12:37:51 PM
At 2/18/2014 12:10:27 PM, Soulja_n wrote:
At 2/18/2014 12:00:58 PM, TheWarrior wrote:

John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Since the "bible" says it, it's supposed to be true...

God wouldn't forgive you if you don't "deserve" to be forgiven, right?
Yes, if we confess our sin God will forgive us.
Let me explain it this way. If I loan someone $100 dollars and they are, for some reason, unable to pay it back and I forgive them there debt, does that mean they don't deserve to pay it back? No, they still deserve to pay it but they no longer have to pay it. To be honest, no one deserves to be forgiven. If they did that would defeat the whole purpose of forgiveness.
Soulja_n
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 12:48:42 PM
At 2/18/2014 12:33:30 PM, DudeStop wrote:

Hmm...True

NO. It's not true.

It's complete garbage.

Not an opinion mate...

um, okay you have informed me and I have made not that it is garbage, is that all? :P
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 12:54:27 PM
At 2/18/2014 12:11:24 PM, DudeStop wrote:

IKR. I agree that we are all sinful but I thought God was all-loving...
Soulja_n
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 12:58:01 PM
At 2/18/2014 12:48:42 PM, Soulja_n wrote:

Hmm...True

NO. It's not true.

It's complete garbage.

Not an opinion mate...

um, okay you have informed me and I have made note that it is garbage, is that all? :P
DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 12:58:03 PM
At 2/18/2014 12:48:42 PM, Soulja_n wrote:

Hmm...True

NO. It's not true.

It's complete garbage.

Not an opinion mate...

um, okay you have informed me and I have made not that it is garbage, is that all? :P

No, I think Romanii got hooked.
DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 1:01:36 PM
At 2/18/2014 12:54:27 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 2/18/2014 12:11:24 PM, DudeStop wrote:

IKR. I agree that we are all sinful but I thought God was all-loving....

Oh c'mon. It's for a greater good, remember?

The billions from. India deserve to go to hell because they didn't follow Christianity! DUH!

Any reasonable person would drop down and grovel on their knees (forgetting the religion they practiced their whole lives) if they saw an ancient book!!!