Total Posts:90|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Religion needs to adapt in order to survive.

Jack212
Posts: 572
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 6:54:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
It was one thing to preach Creationism back when there was no evidence against it, but to do it nowadays is just dumb. We know that Evolution is correct. It is the single most-supported theory in science, and disproving it would be ridiculously easy if it was false. We live in a scientific age, and if you want your religion to stay alive then you need to embrace science instead of rejecting it. Religion is not innately evil, it can be a force for good when used correctly. Don't throw it out the window because you're too scared to adapt.
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 7:06:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/20/2014 6:54:33 PM, Jack212 wrote:
It [evolution] is the single most-supported theory in science"

I don't know about that. Coleman Miller, professor of astronomy at the University of Maryland said, "Quantum mechanics is the most successful quantitative theory ever produced." http://www.astro.umd.edu...
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
biomystic
Posts: 606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 7:22:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am a Jewish Christian religious visionary. I once was an anthropology major at U.C. Berkeley. I've studied anthropology since I was 7 years old and got my first introductory book for children on evolutionary science called The Earth For Sam. I love anthropology. I fully believe in evolution as the means by which God's Creation unfolds Life's potential as Life progresses from inorganic to organic to consciousness to Humanity in the fullest sense of that word. There is much more to go in our evolutionary path. But here's the rub, scientists. For all my belief in evolution as the means by which matter transforms itself into higher states of being I do believe with all my heart, mind and soul that it is all Pre-Programmed, i.e., Creationism, but Creationism at a much higher level of logical understanding than any Bible centered p.o.v. I know how the Universe got here and how it will end and that information arrived via spiritual revelation and not intellectual exercise. Ultimately, belief is truth, hard as that is for atheist minds to comprehend..
Iredia
Posts: 1,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 7:33:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/20/2014 7:22:54 PM, biomystic wrote:
I am a Jewish Christian religious visionary. I once was an anthropology major at U.C. Berkeley. I've studied anthropology since I was 7 years old and got my first introductory book for children on evolutionary science called The Earth For Sam. I love anthropology. I fully believe in evolution as the means by which God's Creation unfolds Life's potential as Life progresses from inorganic to organic to consciousness to Humanity in the fullest sense of that word. There is much more to go in our evolutionary path. But here's the rub, scientists. For all my belief in evolution as the means by which matter transforms itself into higher states of being I do believe with all my heart, mind and soul that it is all Pre-Programmed, i.e., Creationism, but Creationism at a much higher level of logical understanding than any Bible centered p.o.v. I know how the Universe got here and how it will end and that information arrived via spiritual revelation and not intellectual exercise. Ultimately, belief is truth, hard as that is for atheist minds to comprehend..

Not so. Beliefs are not truth unless they conform with reality as it is. That is how science works. That said, I think beliefs are truth as the mimd sees them, and sometimes they conform with reality.
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.
Idealist
Posts: 2,520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 7:56:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/20/2014 6:54:33 PM, Jack212 wrote:
It was one thing to preach Creationism back when there was no evidence against it, but to do it nowadays is just dumb. We know that Evolution is correct. It is the single most-supported theory in science, and disproving it would be ridiculously easy if it was false. We live in a scientific age, and if you want your religion to stay alive then you need to embrace science instead of rejecting it. Religion is not innately evil, it can be a force for good when used correctly. Don't throw it out the window because you're too scared to adapt.

I agree with much of what you say, but evolution does not disprove the existence of God. Evolution is a process just like countless other processes on Earth, and as such is subject to being a process regulated by a higher intelligence. Nor does it explain abiogenesis. As the Union of Concerned Scientists puts it, "The scientific method is limited to using evidence from the natural world to explain phenomena. It does not preclude the existence of God or other spiritual beliefs." The biggest mistake that most believers have made is to accept the assertion by certain individuals that science should be the medium which decides whether God exists or not. With that said, I do believe that it's time for believers in a higher order to realize that change is a necessary thing. As our knowledge of the universe changes, so does our knowledge of what might have been required of any Creator. It often seems as if religion has been stuck in a time-warp for two-thousand years. If you think of God as a personal being then it should be possible to infer much about his character from the characteristics of his countless creations.
biomystic
Posts: 606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 7:56:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Like I say, it's a not an easy concept to get your mind around but also like I say, ultimately, it is in belief that truth rests. But to understand how this is you have to know the Gospel of Humanity's central core position: Creation, our Universe, is a done deal. We created it to create ourselves as "God" and to prepare our souls for The World To Come. We can't see this role we play out unconsciously because we're trapped embedded within the evolution of Creation's arrow of time-line from Big Bang Beginning to Black Hole annihilation ending. But in moments here and there of spiritual consciousness beyond time and space, this truth is revealed. Hindus called it "maya", the world as illusion. Some day do rent the old sci-fi movie Forbidden Planet and see in that 1958 film the logic of history revealed as intelligence evolves eventually to be capable of transforming thought into matter, i.e. the power of God, and that's our historic, spiritual destination.
Idealist
Posts: 2,520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 8:05:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/20/2014 7:22:54 PM, biomystic wrote:
I am a Jewish Christian religious visionary. I once was an anthropology major at U.C. Berkeley. I've studied anthropology since I was 7 years old and got my first introductory book for children on evolutionary science called The Earth For Sam. I love anthropology. I fully believe in evolution as the means by which God's Creation unfolds Life's potential as Life progresses from inorganic to organic to consciousness to Humanity in the fullest sense of that word. There is much more to go in our evolutionary path. But here's the rub, scientists. For all my belief in evolution as the means by which matter transforms itself into higher states of being I do believe with all my heart, mind and soul that it is all Pre-Programmed, i.e., Creationism, but Creationism at a much higher level of logical understanding than any Bible centered p.o.v. I know how the Universe got here and how it will end and that information arrived via spiritual revelation and not intellectual exercise. Ultimately, belief is truth, hard as that is for atheist minds to comprehend..

I really like the way you put this. I, too, see an inherent order in the evolving complexity of our reality. I don't think it's any accident that creative intelligence has been one of the most recent developments in evolution, despite how relatively young the human species is. I do believe it's important to remember that revelation is a limited and targeted thing. There are many who have experienced it, yet have learned from it different things. George Washington Carver claimed all his scientific insight came from a revelation in the inter-connectivity of natural systems.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 9:47:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/20/2014 6:54:33 PM, Jack212 wrote:
It was one thing to preach Creationism back when there was no evidence against it, but to do it nowadays is just dumb. We know that Evolution is correct. It is the single most-supported theory in science, and disproving it would be ridiculously easy if it was false. We live in a scientific age, and if you want your religion to stay alive then you need to embrace science instead of rejecting it. Religion is not innately evil, it can be a force for good when used correctly. Don't throw it out the window because you're too scared to adapt.

God is using the illusions of the computer technology and quantum mechanics to help me understand how we were created. Neither evolution or religion can be used for analogies to help us understand who we are in the mind of our Creator.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 3:58:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/20/2014 6:54:33 PM, Jack212 wrote:
It was one thing to preach Creationism back when there was no evidence against it, but to do it nowadays is just dumb. We know that Evolution is correct. It is the single most-supported theory in science, and disproving it would be ridiculously easy if it was false. We live in a scientific age, and if you want your religion to stay alive then you need to embrace science instead of rejecting it. Religion is not innately evil, it can be a force for good when used correctly. Don't throw it out the window because you're too scared to adapt.

In the fact the opposite is true. It needs to revert back to what it was in Patriarchal days.

God has not changed therefore anything that moves away from the original worship, actually moves us away from God.

A big mistaken.

God is not wrong, modern society is, and that is why it will not last.
Jack212
Posts: 572
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 8:16:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/21/2014 3:58:43 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

In the fact the opposite is true. It needs to revert back to what it was in Patriarchal days.

What? Back when we used to own slaves and throw rocks at women who had premarital sex? If that's how you want it then good for you, but you should be careful what you wish for.

God has not changed therefore anything that moves away from the original worship, actually moves us away from God.

A big mistaken.

God is not wrong, modern society is, and that is why it will not last.

Modern society is f*cked up, but I'm not really talking about society here. What I am addressing is the pigheaded ignorance of Fundamentalists who refuse to accept Evolution as fact despite the overwhelming evidence that supports it and disproves a literal 7-day creation. If you stopped being deliberately ignorant about this, your opinions on topics that matter would be regarded more highly and thus listened to.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:25:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/21/2014 8:16:06 AM, Jack212 wrote:
At 2/21/2014 3:58:43 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

In the fact the opposite is true. It needs to revert back to what it was in Patriarchal days.

What? Back when we used to own slaves and throw rocks at women who had premarital sex? If that's how you want it then good for you, but you should be careful what you wish for.

People still have slaves today, they just call them employees lol.

Actually those were the days of the Mosaic Law, the Patriarchal days were before that, and much more peaceful.


God has not changed therefore anything that moves away from the original worship, actually moves us away from God.

A big mistaken.

God is not wrong, modern society is, and that is why it will not last.

Modern society is f*cked up, but I'm not really talking about society here. What I am addressing is the pigheaded ignorance of Fundamentalists who refuse to accept Evolution as fact despite the overwhelming evidence that supports it and disproves a literal 7-day creation. If you stopped being deliberately ignorant about this, your opinions on topics that matter would be regarded more highly and thus listened to.

How can anyone accept something so self evidently wrong as fact. I suggest you study the results of Micro-biology more fully.

The only evidence that there is at present for Evolution is the fossil record, and because of the gaps in it, it currently fits the creation account as written in scripture (not as many fundamentalists try to put it forward) better then the theory of evolution.

The trouble is people mistake adaptation within created kinds for evolution. Adaptation within kinds is not ruled out by the creation account and is as good as guaranteed by God's personality.
Jack212
Posts: 572
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 5:45:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/21/2014 10:25:25 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/21/2014 8:16:06 AM, Jack212 wrote:
At 2/21/2014 3:58:43 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

In the fact the opposite is true. It needs to revert back to what it was in Patriarchal days.

What? Back when we used to own slaves and throw rocks at women who had premarital sex? If that's how you want it then good for you, but you should be careful what you wish for.

People still have slaves today, they just call them employees lol.

Actually those were the days of the Mosaic Law, the Patriarchal days were before that, and much more peaceful.

No they weren't. They were full of petty conflicts between Abraham/Isaac/Jacob and the locals.

God has not changed therefore anything that moves away from the original worship, actually moves us away from God.

A big mistaken.

God is not wrong, modern society is, and that is why it will not last.

Modern society is f*cked up, but I'm not really talking about society here. What I am addressing is the pigheaded ignorance of Fundamentalists who refuse to accept Evolution as fact despite the overwhelming evidence that supports it and disproves a literal 7-day creation. If you stopped being deliberately ignorant about this, your opinions on topics that matter would be regarded more highly and thus listened to.

How can anyone accept something so self evidently wrong as fact. I suggest you study the results of Micro-biology more fully.

I suggest you cite a credible source that explains why Microbiology contradicts Evolution. Anybody who disproved Evolution would be hailed as the new father/mother of modern biology.

The only evidence that there is at present for Evolution is the fossil record, and because of the gaps in it, it currently fits the creation account as written in scripture (not as many fundamentalists try to put it forward) better then the theory of evolution.

There is far more evidence than just the fossil record. DNA analysis, for instance, can use the location and function of certain genes to build a family tree. This tree follows the predictions of Evolution.

The trouble is people mistake adaptation within created kinds for evolution. Adaptation within kinds is not ruled out by the creation account and is as good as guaranteed by God's personality.

Evolution doesn't say "animals are different". Natural Selection states that, within a population, the individuals best suited to their environments will be more successful than those not as suited, and their descendants will become the majority. This combines with Mutation (which creates new genes), Migration (which moves organisms to new geographic locations) and Genetic Drift (because genetic recombination is random, some alleles are lost due to chance), to create a process, Evolution, by which populations change over time. If they change so much that they cannot interbreed with the original population, or with other sub-groups of the original population, then they are considered to be a new species.

Evolution is not rocket science. It is so bloody simple that a 5-year-old could understand it. Creationists have no excuse for their ignorance.
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 5:59:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/20/2014 6:54:33 PM, Jack212 wrote:
It was one thing to preach Creationism back when there was no evidence against it, but to do it nowadays is just dumb. We know that Evolution is correct. It is the single most-supported theory in science, and disproving it would be ridiculously easy if it was false. We live in a scientific age, and if you want your religion to stay alive then you need to embrace science instead of rejecting it. Religion is not innately evil, it can be a force for good when used correctly. Don't throw it out the window because you're too scared to adapt.

l
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 5:59:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/20/2014 6:54:33 PM, Jack212 wrote:
It was one thing to preach Creationism back when there was no evidence against it, but to do it nowadays is just dumb. We know that Evolution is correct. It is the single most-supported theory in science, and disproving it would be ridiculously easy if it was false. We live in a scientific age, and if you want your religion to stay alive then you need to embrace science instead of rejecting it. Religion is not innately evil, it can be a force for good when used correctly. Don't throw it out the window because you're too scared to adapt.

lo
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 5:59:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/20/2014 6:54:33 PM, Jack212 wrote:
It was one thing to preach Creationism back when there was no evidence against it, but to do it nowadays is just dumb. We know that Evolution is correct. It is the single most-supported theory in science, and disproving it would be ridiculously easy if it was false. We live in a scientific age, and if you want your religion to stay alive then you need to embrace science instead of rejecting it. Religion is not innately evil, it can be a force for good when used correctly. Don't throw it out the window because you're too scared to adapt.

lol
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 5:59:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/20/2014 6:54:33 PM, Jack212 wrote:
It was one thing to preach Creationism back when there was no evidence against it, but to do it nowadays is just dumb. We know that Evolution is correct. It is the single most-supported theory in science, and disproving it would be ridiculously easy if it was false. We live in a scientific age, and if you want your religion to stay alive then you need to embrace science instead of rejecting it. Religion is not innately evil, it can be a force for good when used correctly. Don't throw it out the window because you're too scared to adapt.

lolo
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 6:00:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/20/2014 6:54:33 PM, Jack212 wrote:
It was one thing to preach Creationism back when there was no evidence against it, but to do it nowadays is just dumb. We know that Evolution is correct. It is the single most-supported theory in science, and disproving it would be ridiculously easy if it was false. We live in a scientific age, and if you want your religion to stay alive then you need to embrace science instead of rejecting it. Religion is not innately evil, it can be a force for good when used correctly. Don't throw it out the window because you're too scared to adapt.

lolol
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 6:00:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/20/2014 6:54:33 PM, Jack212 wrote:
It was one thing to preach Creationism back when there was no evidence against it, but to do it nowadays is just dumb. We know that Evolution is correct. It is the single most-supported theory in science, and disproving it would be ridiculously easy if it was false. We live in a scientific age, and if you want your religion to stay alive then you need to embrace science instead of rejecting it. Religion is not innately evil, it can be a force for good when used correctly. Don't throw it out the window because you're too scared to adapt.

lololo
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 6:00:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/20/2014 6:54:33 PM, Jack212 wrote:
It was one thing to preach Creationism back when there was no evidence against it, but to do it nowadays is just dumb. We know that Evolution is correct. It is the single most-supported theory in science, and disproving it would be ridiculously easy if it was false. We live in a scientific age, and if you want your religion to stay alive then you need to embrace science instead of rejecting it. Religion is not innately evil, it can be a force for good when used correctly. Don't throw it out the window because you're too scared to adapt.

lololol
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 6:00:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/20/2014 6:54:33 PM, Jack212 wrote:
It was one thing to preach Creationism back when there was no evidence against it, but to do it nowadays is just dumb. We know that Evolution is correct. It is the single most-supported theory in science, and disproving it would be ridiculously easy if it was false. We live in a scientific age, and if you want your religion to stay alive then you need to embrace science instead of rejecting it. Religion is not innately evil, it can be a force for good when used correctly. Don't throw it out the window because you're too scared to adapt.

lolololo
biomystic
Posts: 606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 6:10:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
psychomotor epilepsy symptoms: repetitive movements the patient is unable to control--like repetitive cut-n-pasting on internet forums for example..
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 11:07:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/21/2014 5:45:09 PM, Jack212 wrote:
At 2/21/2014 10:25:25 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/21/2014 8:16:06 AM, Jack212 wrote:
At 2/21/2014 3:58:43 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

In the fact the opposite is true. It needs to revert back to what it was in Patriarchal days.

What? Back when we used to own slaves and throw rocks at women who had premarital sex? If that's how you want it then good for you, but you should be careful what you wish for.

People still have slaves today, they just call them employees lol.

Actually those were the days of the Mosaic Law, the Patriarchal days were before that, and much more peaceful.

No they weren't. They were full of petty conflicts between Abraham/Isaac/Jacob and the locals.

Yes, sorry, when I said they were more peaceful times I was thinking of inside the group of worshippers, I was not meaning in their relations with other peoples.

I was also contrasting them to the days when the Mosaic Law was to be applied so rigidly.

It was a period when worship was much less formal and law-bound than in the Mosaic Law period, as it should be now, consisting mainly of following principles rather than rigid rules.

That is where the peacefulness comes from.


God has not changed therefore anything that moves away from the original worship, actually moves us away from God.

A big mistaken.

God is not wrong, modern society is, and that is why it will not last.

Modern society is f*cked up, but I'm not really talking about society here. What I am addressing is the pigheaded ignorance of Fundamentalists who refuse to accept Evolution as fact despite the overwhelming evidence that supports it and disproves a literal 7-day creation. If you stopped being deliberately ignorant about this, your opinions on topics that matter would be regarded more highly and thus listened to.

How can anyone accept something so self evidently wrong as fact. I suggest you study the results of Micro-biology more fully.

I suggest you cite a credible source that explains why Microbiology contradicts Evolution. Anybody who disproved Evolution would be hailed as the new father/mother of modern biology.

No they wouldn't, they would be shouted down by the Scientists who support the status quo.

Scientists are as hide bound a group who dislike change or anything that contradicts their pet theories as much as any religionist. One only has to look at the ways any scientist. The ones who make the discoveries are usually lost to history, or almost.

For instance, Watson and Crick, who are credited with discovering the DNA helix, did not actually do so, their work was done on the back of the discoveries made by a female scientist whose name has, typically enough, slipped my mind for now.

I suggest you read either "The Design Revolution" or watch a video called "Unlocking the Mystery of Life" both of which detail at least a few of the finds from microbiology, which destroy the credibility of Evolution by Natural Selection. I know Amazon can help you with your search for those since that is where I bought my copies.


The only evidence that there is at present for Evolution is the fossil record, and because of the gaps in it, it currently fits the creation account as written in scripture (not as many fundamentalists try to put it forward) better then the theory of evolution.

There is far more evidence than just the fossil record. DNA analysis, for instance, can use the location and function of certain genes to build a family tree. This tree follows the predictions of Evolution.

Actually it doesn't, it follows the predictions of adaptation within kinds.

For instance, what does the fact that we share at least 50% of our DNA with bananas tell you?

DNA is simply the template the Creator wrote in order to allow the different kinds to be reasonably consistent whilst still leaving room for adaptation within each kind. Being something which is common to all life, animal or vegetable, DNA is one of the many evidences of a highly intelligent designer.


The trouble is people mistake adaptation within created kinds for evolution. Adaptation within kinds is not ruled out by the creation account and is as good as guaranteed by God's personality.

Evolution doesn't say "animals are different". Natural Selection states that, within a population, the individuals best suited to their environments will be more successful than those not as suited, and their descendants will become the majority. This combines with Mutation (which creates new genes), Migration (which moves organisms to new geographic locations) and Genetic Drift (because genetic recombination is random, some alleles are lost due to chance), to create a process, Evolution, by which populations change over time. If they change so much that they cannot interbreed with the original population, or with other sub-groups of the original population, then they are considered to be a new species.

That is true as far as it goes, except that what you are describing is not Evolution as taught today, it is merely adaptation. he gaps in the fossil record show where the different kinds started from, and there is not one recorded fossil which reliably shows any transition stage. Even Archaeopteryx has been debunked as being more than one skeleton fossilised together. something which should be obvious to any who study it closely.

Evolution is not rocket science. It is so bloody simple that a 5-year-old could understand it. Creationists have no excuse for their ignorance.
Jack212
Posts: 572
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 1:15:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/21/2014 11:07:14 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/21/2014 5:45:09 PM, Jack212 wrote:
At 2/21/2014 10:25:25 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/21/2014 8:16:06 AM, Jack212 wrote:
At 2/21/2014 3:58:43 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

In the fact the opposite is true. It needs to revert back to what it was in Patriarchal days.

What? Back when we used to own slaves and throw rocks at women who had premarital sex? If that's how you want it then good for you, but you should be careful what you wish for.

People still have slaves today, they just call them employees lol.

Actually those were the days of the Mosaic Law, the Patriarchal days were before that, and much more peaceful.

No they weren't. They were full of petty conflicts between Abraham/Isaac/Jacob and the locals.

Yes, sorry, when I said they were more peaceful times I was thinking of inside the group of worshippers, I was not meaning in their relations with other peoples.

I was also contrasting them to the days when the Mosaic Law was to be applied so rigidly.

It was a period when worship was much less formal and law-bound than in the Mosaic Law period, as it should be now, consisting mainly of following principles rather than rigid rules.

That is where the peacefulness comes from.

Ishmael and Sarah, anybody?

Also, considering that "the group" consisted of one extended family and their workers/slaves, as opposed to tribes and a nation, it's not really a fair comparison.

God has not changed therefore anything that moves away from the original worship, actually moves us away from God.

A big mistaken.

God is not wrong, modern society is, and that is why it will not last.

Modern society is f*cked up, but I'm not really talking about society here. What I am addressing is the pigheaded ignorance of Fundamentalists who refuse to accept Evolution as fact despite the overwhelming evidence that supports it and disproves a literal 7-day creation. If you stopped being deliberately ignorant about this, your opinions on topics that matter would be regarded more highly and thus listened to.

How can anyone accept something so self evidently wrong as fact. I suggest you study the results of Micro-biology more fully.

I suggest you cite a credible source that explains why Microbiology contradicts Evolution. Anybody who disproved Evolution would be hailed as the new father/mother of modern biology.

No they wouldn't, they would be shouted down by the Scientists who support the status quo.

Scientists don't support "the status quo", you're thinking of politicians. Scientists, by their very job description, seek to change the status quo by discovering new stuff.

Scientists are as hide bound a group who dislike change or anything that contradicts their pet theories as much as any religionist. One only has to look at the ways any scientist. The ones who make the discoveries are usually lost to history, or almost.

They're human, they have egos. Give them a break.

They're not lost to history, they're just not household names because their discoveries are too small to attract the attention of laypeople.

For instance, Watson and Crick, who are credited with discovering the DNA helix, did not actually do so, their work was done on the back of the discoveries made by a female scientist whose name has, typically enough, slipped my mind for now.

Rosalind Franklin.

I suggest you read either "The Design Revolution" or watch a video called "Unlocking the Mystery of Life" both of which detail at least a few of the finds from microbiology, which destroy the credibility of Evolution by Natural Selection. I know Amazon can help you with your search for those since that is where I bought my copies.

Or, given that I don't want to spend money on useless crap, you can summarize the findings. If I'm convinced, THEN I may consider buying the book.

The only evidence that there is at present for Evolution is the fossil record, and because of the gaps in it, it currently fits the creation account as written in scripture (not as many fundamentalists try to put it forward) better then the theory of evolution.

There is far more evidence than just the fossil record. DNA analysis, for instance, can use the location and function of certain genes to build a family tree. This tree follows the predictions of Evolution.

Actually it doesn't, it follows the predictions of adaptation within kinds.

"Adaptation within kinds" is a completely meaningless phrase, as "kind" is not a taxonomic category and all organisms have adaptations. Besides, you are making an assertion without supporting evidence/explanation.

For instance, what does the fact that we share at least 50% of our DNA with bananas tell you?

I always thought it was 20%. Either way, it tells me that humans and bananas share many similar traits, and probably have a common ancestor. We both have cells. We both utilize water. We both have compartmentalized bodies. We both reproduce. Most of the DNA we have and use codes for basic stuff that we take for granted.

DNA is simply the template the Creator wrote in order to allow the different kinds to be reasonably consistent whilst still leaving room for adaptation within each kind. Being something which is common to all life, animal or vegetable, DNA is one of the many evidences of a highly intelligent designer.

This is another assertion. You have provided no explanation as to why DNA supports Creationism.

The trouble is people mistake adaptation within created kinds for evolution. Adaptation within kinds is not ruled out by the creation account and is as good as guaranteed by God's personality.

Evolution doesn't say "animals are different". Natural Selection states that, within a population, the individuals best suited to their environments will be more successful than those not as suited, and their descendants will become the majority. This combines with Mutation (which creates new genes), Migration (which moves organisms to new geographic locations) and Genetic Drift (because genetic recombination is random, some alleles are lost due to chance), to create a process, Evolution, by which populations change over time. If they change so much that they cannot interbreed with the original population, or with other sub-groups of the original population, then they are considered to be a new species.

That is true as far as it goes, except that what you are describing is not Evolution as taught today, it is merely adaptation.

It is exactly what is taught today. I suggest you take a course on Evolution if you don't believe me.

he gaps in the fossil record show where the different kinds started from, and there is not one recorded fossil which reliably shows any transition stage. Even Archaeopteryx has been debunked as being more than one skeleton fossilised together. something which should be obvious to any who study it closely.

That's just bullsh*t. ( http://en.wikipedia.org... )

I suggest you read books written by actual scientists, not just the ones by idiots who support your worldview.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 2:36:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/22/2014 1:15:48 AM, Jack212 wrote:
At 2/21/2014 11:07:14 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/21/2014 5:45:09 PM, Jack212 wrote:
At 2/21/2014 10:25:25 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/21/2014 8:16:06 AM, Jack212 wrote:
At 2/21/2014 3:58:43 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

In the fact the opposite is true. It needs to revert back to what it was in Patriarchal days.

What? Back when we used to own slaves and throw rocks at women who had premarital sex? If that's how you want it then good for you, but you should be careful what you wish for.

People still have slaves today, they just call them employees lol.

Actually those were the days of the Mosaic Law, the Patriarchal days were before that, and much more peaceful.

No they weren't. They were full of petty conflicts between Abraham/Isaac/Jacob and the locals.

Yes, sorry, when I said they were more peaceful times I was thinking of inside the group of worshippers, I was not meaning in their relations with other peoples.

I was also contrasting them to the days when the Mosaic Law was to be applied so rigidly.

It was a period when worship was much less formal and law-bound than in the Mosaic Law period, as it should be now, consisting mainly of following principles rather than rigid rules.

That is where the peacefulness comes from.

Ishmael and Sarah, anybody?

Also, considering that "the group" consisted of one extended family and their workers/slaves, as opposed to tribes and a nation, it's not really a fair comparison.

God has not changed therefore anything that moves away from the original worship, actually moves us away from God.

A big mistaken.

God is not wrong, modern society is, and that is why it will not last.

Modern society is f*cked up, but I'm not really talking about society here. What I am addressing is the pigheaded ignorance of Fundamentalists who refuse to accept Evolution as fact despite the overwhelming evidence that supports it and disproves a literal 7-day creation. If you stopped being deliberately ignorant about this, your opinions on topics that matter would be regarded more highly and thus listened to.

How can anyone accept something so self evidently wrong as fact. I suggest you study the results of Micro-biology more fully.

I suggest you cite a credible source that explains why Microbiology contradicts Evolution. Anybody who disproved Evolution would be hailed as the new father/mother of modern biology.

No they wouldn't, they would be shouted down by the Scientists who support the status quo.

Scientists don't support "the status quo", you're thinking of politicians. Scientists, by their very job description, seek to change the status quo by discovering new stuff.

Scientists are as hide bound a group who dislike change or anything that contradicts their pet theories as much as any religionist. One only has to look at the ways any scientist. The ones who make the discoveries are usually lost to history, or almost.

They're human, they have egos. Give them a break.

They're not lost to history, they're just not household names because their discoveries are too small to attract the attention of laypeople.

For instance, Watson and Crick, who are credited with discovering the DNA helix, did not actually do so, their work was done on the back of the discoveries made by a female scientist whose name has, typically enough, slipped my mind for now.

Rosalind Franklin.

I suggest you read either "The Design Revolution" or watch a video called "Unlocking the Mystery of Life" both of which detail at least a few of the finds from microbiology, which destroy the credibility of Evolution by Natural Selection. I know Amazon can help you with your search for those since that is where I bought my copies.

Or, given that I don't want to spend money on useless crap, you can summarize the findings. If I'm convinced, THEN I may consider buying the book.

The only evidence that there is at present for Evolution is the fossil record, and because of the gaps in it, it currently fits the creation account as written in scripture (not as many fundamentalists try to put it forward) better then the theory of evolution.

There is far more evidence than just the fossil record. DNA analysis, for instance, can use the location and function of certain genes to build a family tree. This tree follows the predictions of Evolution.

Actually it doesn't, it follows the predictions of adaptation within kinds.

"Adaptation within kinds" is a completely meaningless phrase, as "kind" is not a taxonomic category and all organisms have adaptations. Besides, you are making an assertion without supporting evidence/explanation.

For instance, what does the fact that we share at least 50% of our DNA with bananas tell you?

I always thought it was 20%. Either way, it tells me that humans and bananas share many similar traits, and probably have a common ancestor. We both have cells. We both utilize water. We both have compartmentalized bodies. We both reproduce. Most of the DNA we have and use codes for basic stuff that we take for granted.

DNA is simply the template the Creator wrote in order to allow the different kinds to be reasonably consistent whilst still leaving room for adaptation within each kind. Being something which is common to all life, animal or vegetable, DNA is one of the many evidences of a highly intelligent designer.

This is another assertion. You have provided no explanation as to why DNA supports Creationism.

The trouble is people mistake adaptation within created kinds for evolution. Adaptation within kinds is not ruled out by the creation account and is as good as guaranteed by God's personality.

Evolution doesn't say "animals are different". Natural Selection states that, within a population, the individuals best suited to their environments will be more successful than those not as suited, and their descendants will become the majority. This combines with Mutation (which creates new genes), Migration (which moves organisms to new geographic locations) and Genetic Drift (because genetic recombination is random, some alleles are lost due to chance), to create a process, Evolution, by which populations change over time. If they change so much that they cannot interbreed with the original population, or with other sub-groups of the original population, then they are considered to be a new species.

That is true as far as it goes, except that what you are describing is not Evolution as taught today, it is merely adaptation.

It is exactly what is taught today. I suggest you take a course on Evolution if you don't believe me.

he gaps in the fossil record show where the different kinds started from, and there is not one recorded fossil which reliably shows any transition stage. Even Archaeopteryx has been debunked as being more than one skeleton fossilised together. something which should be obvious to any who study it closely.

That's just bullsh*t. ( http://en.wikipedia.org... )

I suggest you read books written by actual scientists, not just the ones by idiots who support your worldview.

In your opinion.

They are real scientists., just more honest than those who punt Evolution, and choose to ignore the evidence..
Jack212
Posts: 572
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 6:04:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/22/2014 2:36:41 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

In your opinion.

They are real scientists., just more honest than those who punt Evolution, and choose to ignore the evidence..

You raise a whole heap of points, but when I call you out, you just say, "that's your opinion." F*cking hell, why did you post on this thread at all if you're not going to defend your arguments?
bulproof
Posts: 25,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 6:26:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/21/2014 11:07:14 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Even Archaeopteryx has been debunked as being more than one skeleton fossilised together. something which should be obvious to any who study

Supply peer reviewed scientific evidence for this garbage or forever be known as a LIAR
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 6:57:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/22/2014 6:04:58 AM, Jack212 wrote:
At 2/22/2014 2:36:41 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

In your opinion.

They are real scientists., just more honest than those who punt Evolution, and choose to ignore the evidence..

You raise a whole heap of points, but when I call you out, you just say, "that's your opinion." F*cking hell, why did you post on this thread at all if you're not going to defend your arguments?

The whole tone of your post made it seem like you were just looking for a fight.

I will defend what needs defending, but evolution is dead and has been for decades.

I don't have to defend anything, and you didn't make any points worth defending against, sorry.
bulproof
Posts: 25,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 7:23:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
This is a LIE
At 2/21/2014 11:07:14 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Even Archaeopteryx has been debunked as being more than one skeleton fossilised together. something which should be obvious to any who study

Prove otherwise.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 7:53:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/22/2014 7:23:40 AM, bulproof wrote:
This is a LIE
At 2/21/2014 11:07:14 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Even Archaeopteryx has been debunked as being more than one skeleton fossilised together. something which should be obvious to any who study

Prove otherwise.

You prove it is a lie. You now you can't
bulproof
Posts: 25,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 7:58:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/22/2014 7:53:31 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/22/2014 7:23:40 AM, bulproof wrote:
This is a LIE
At 2/21/2014 11:07:14 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Even Archaeopteryx has been debunked as being more than one skeleton fossilised together. something which should be obvious to any who study

Prove otherwise.

You prove it is a lie. You now you can't
Madman the LIAR it is your claim. You provide evidence to support it or withdraw it or prove you LIE.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin