Scriptures are the Words Of God

Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 9:56:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Acts 17:11
Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

These Jews have only the "Old Testament Scriptures" their scriptures do not tell them to "Listen to the church" they decide on their own to listen to Paul or not to listen to Paul (Church is TEACHING)!
The Berean Jews clearly are more noble because they accept Paul's teaching without being told to Listen to him! Again their "Old Testament Scriptures" do not have written "Listen to the church or be treated as a pagan"!
The Jews of Thessalonica refuse to listen to the Church teaching! These Jews do have an excuse, when they stand in Judgement, they will say; "We did not know we were suppose to listen to the church, we did not have 'Listen to the Church' in our scriptures!"

They are clearly Less Noble but us...
We with this; "Listen to the Church or be treated as pagan" in our New Testament scriptures have NO excuse!!
All who reject the teaching authority of the church are clearly NOT NOBLE, no excuse when standing in judgement!

Yes, the Berean Jews checked the "Old Testament" scriptures with what Church was TEACHING, so what?!

Church was TEACHING "Christ Resurrected" this TEACHING is not found in the Old Testament scriptures! They NEEDED Church to find TRUTH!

This verse comes just before verse #17 (above)
2 As was his custom, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures,
3 explaining and proving that the Messiah had to suffer and rise from the dead. "This Jesus I am proclaiming to you is the Messiah,"

The Berean Jews were MORE NOBLE because they found TRUTH "Christ Resurrected" and accepted the TRUTH from the TEACHING Of The CHURCH!
It was the TEACHING of the CHURCH that saved them!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 10:20:32 AM
At 2/22/2014 9:56:44 AM, Dogknox wrote:
Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

These Jews have only the "Old Testament Scriptures" their scriptures do not tell them to "Listen to the church" they decide on their own to listen to Paul or not to listen to Paul (Church is TEACHING)!
The Berean Jews clearly are more noble because they accept Paul's teaching without being told to Listen to him! Again their "Old Testament Scriptures" do not have written "Listen to the church or be treated as a pagan"!
The Jews of Thessalonica refuse to listen to the Church teaching! These Jews do have an excuse, when they stand in Judgement, they will say; "We did not know we were suppose to listen to the church, we did not have 'Listen to the Church' in our scriptures!"

We with this; "Listen to the Church or be treated as pagan" in our New Testament scriptures have NO excuse!!
All who reject the teaching authority of the church are clearly NOT NOBLE, no excuse when standing in judgement!

Yes, the Berean Jews checked the "Old Testament" scriptures with what Church was TEACHING, so what?!

Church was TEACHING "Christ Resurrected" this TEACHING is not found in the Old Testament scriptures! They NEEDED Church to find TRUTH!

2 As was his custom, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures,
3 explaining and proving that the Messiah had to suffer and rise from the dead. "This Jesus I am proclaiming to you is the Messiah,"

The Berean Jews were MORE NOBLE because they found TRUTH "Christ Resurrected" and accepted the TRUTH from the TEACHING Of The CHURCH!

Everything that's spoken comes from God whether it be through satan and the beast or through Christ. People who speak from satan and the beast have no idea what was spoken through Christ or not.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 12:36:03 PM

Matthew 18:17
If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

A Pagan is a person NOT in the body of Jesus!
Pagans are NOT Christians!

It does NOT matter what the differences are between people...
It is the Church and the AUTHORITY of the Church, this is what matters, in all decisions! The AUTHORITY of the Church is what matters, if a person does NOT listen to the Only Church Jesus established, then clearly the person is NOT Christian!

Martin Luther refused to listen, he said.. "I don't need 'CHURCH' all I need is the scriptures"!

Scriptures say: "The CHURCH is the pillar and the foundation of truth"!
Luther rejected the scriptures, to teach "only the scriptures are the truth"! Clearly he is Pagan.. He was removed from the church as a Pagan!

1 Timothy 3:15
if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God"s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 3:01:03 PM
At 2/22/2014 12:36:03 PM, Dogknox wrote:

If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

It is the Church and the AUTHORITY of the Church, this is what matters, in all decisions! The AUTHORITY of the Church is what matters, if a person does NOT listen to the Only Church Jesus established, then clearly the person is NOT Christian!

Martin Luther refused to listen, he said.. "I don't need 'CHURCH' all I need is the scriptures"!

Luther rejected the scriptures, to teach "only the scriptures are the truth"! Clearly he is Pagan.. He was removed from the church as a Pagan!

if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God"s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.

Dogknox has made the amazing discovery that members of the church of Christ, especially inspired members like Paul, taught and converted people before the New Testament scriptures were ever written. 'Tis a very circular argument that even semi-educated Catholics reject, but that doesn't deter Dogknox!
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 3:49:09 PM
At 2/22/2014 3:01:03 PM, annanicole wrote:

Dogknox has made the amazing discovery that members of the church of Christ, especially inspired members like Paul, taught and converted people before the New Testament scriptures were ever written. 'Tis a very circular argument that even semi-educated Catholics reject, but that doesn't deter Dogknox!

We saints don't convert anyone. All we do is preach the gospel until God's believers come to us and listen to the gospel. This is how we know they are His believers. God's unbelievers listen for a moment, then start arguing until they get angry and go away. That's something that you would do if you met me on the streets in Campbell.

1 John 4
4: Little children, you are of God, and have overcome them; for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
5: They are of the world, therefore what they say is of the world, and the world listens to them.
6: We are of God. Whoever knows God listens to us, and he who is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 4:01:30 PM
At 2/22/2014 3:49:09 PM, bornofgod wrote:

We saints don't convert anyone. All we do is preach the gospel until God's believers come to us and listen to the gospel. This is how we know they are His believers. God's unbelievers listen for a moment, then start arguing until they get angry and go away. That's something that you would do if you met me on the streets in Campbell.

1 John 4
4: Little children, you are of God, and have overcome them; for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
5: They are of the world, therefore what they say is of the world, and the world listens to them.
6: We are of God. Whoever knows God listens to us, and he who is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

Nobody asked about your schizophrenic delusions, Brad. You're also an idiot: you think people are "believers" first, then come and find out what they "believe".

Go get some help, Brad. I know you do not want to depend on handouts for the rest of your life. You do not want your kids and grandkids to remember you as a nice man whose mental illnesses ruined his life.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 4:10:03 PM
At 2/22/2014 4:01:30 PM, annanicole wrote:

1 John 4

Nobody asked about your schizophrenic delusions, Brad. You're also an idiot: you think people are "believers" first, then come and find out what they "believe".

Go get some help, Brad. I know you do not want to depend on handouts for the rest of your life. You do not want your kids and grandkids to remember you as a nice man whose mental illnesses ruined his life.

I'm the only one in this world that understands the past, present and future but you unbelievers hate the Truth so this is why your mind is reprobate when dealing with our Creator's Voice. You are totally stuck on one thought when it comes to Him. I have two other friends that went crazy because of this so be careful on how you reject our Creator.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 4:18:32 PM
At 2/22/2014 4:10:03 PM, bornofgod wrote:

1 John 4

I'm the only one in this world that understands the past, present and future but you unbelievers hate the Truth so this is why your mind is reprobate when dealing with our Creator's Voice. You are totally stuck on one thought when it comes to Him. I have two other friends that went crazy because of this so be careful on how you reject our Creator.

If they were your friends, they were probably crazy to begin with. It seems a little odd that the only person in the world with a good grasp of the past, present, and future turns out to be a homeless shizophrenic who again and again refuses to reveal his psychiatric history.

Remember your story about how God knocked you to the floor and changed your DNA - and turned you into a sinless saint? Then God made you homeless. Then God made you a eunuch. It seems that God has no time for anyone else! He's totally engrossed in Saint Brad Holkesvig!

Go get some help.
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 5:33:27 PM
Annaicole, it would help the rest of us immensely if you did not feed into bornagain's delusions by responding to him. All he really craves is attention and like bad boys have always discovered, acting out bad ideas guarantees someone will pay attention to you. Instead of setting fire to himself, bornagain desires to set fire to all the rest of us. Anna, He is a religious fanatic, (takes one to know one) and in his warped belief system he can't afford to hear your complaints as it would destroy his ego investment in himself as superior to everyone else.

As for the O.P. of this thread. The real Words of God are found in most any sizable library as every single book, magazine, and newspaper and even telephone books found there. To think God limits God's messages to one Book written through human hands and brains is to deny God's wisdom of never leaving important items for humanity in any single basket where it can become by accident or intent lost to history. That's why the Gnostic Christian back-up is now coming into its own--because only in Gnosis of God were the clues to be found for the recovery of the lost Celestial Torah.

And there is this also: There is a New Word of God in the Holy Land that marks the Return of the Spirit of Christ. It is the Sword of Peace with "speaks" Pentacostically, without need of languages, giving Christ's condemnation of war by which He strikes the nations with shame of needless war. Paxcalibur, the Sword of Peace, the True Sword of Jihad, is the rod of iron by which the Spirit of Christ rules the nations.
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 5:36:04 PM
Paxcalibur, the New Word of God is also the Sign of the Return of the Messiah. It is here now in the Holy Land in our times.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 7:30:11 PM
"Paxcalibur, the Sword of Peace, the True Sword of Jihad, is the rod of iron by which the Spirit of Christ rules the nations. Paxcalibur, the New Word of God is also the Sign of the Return of the Messiah. It is here now in the Holy Land in our times."

You are probably correct that borno has no intention of seeking any help, for his delusional life is much more fun than reality. He needs it, though, as does anyone who thinks that God has singled them out for some special revelation.

As for you, you need to get rid of that old second-hand sword with the peace sign welded into it. God pays no attention to such things. Who came up with that name, anyway?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 7:33:44 PM

Dogknox, it's time for you to come clean and admit that the popish church, in her never-ending quest for more and more power, forged documents or relied upon forged documents in order to advance her claims. The net result is that most of the writings that you cite from "church fathers" are merely forgeries from Rome.

You are still citing Ignatius, although the Roman Catholic Church has admitted that she lied about the Ignatian letters.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 7:35:05 PM
Clearly the words of Jesus must be accepted as the truth!!
All who accept the scriptures believe the words of Jesus!
Those who do NOT accept the words of Jesus are NOT.. They CANNOT be called believers!

The early Church Father's are believers, they are the first Christians! Christians are called "Christian" because they follow Christ, they believe his words are the truth!

These Early Church Father's and early Christians were the first "Martyrs" they suffered because of their faith in Jesus! All these martyrs were Catholics, not a protestant or "de-Former" in the bunch!

These Christians in Jesus' established church taught.. "Baptize Infants to save infants!"
Irenaeus is a CHRISTIAN, he said..
"He [Jesus] came to save all through himself; all, I say, who through him are reborn in God: infants, and children, and youths, and old men. Therefore he passed through every age, becoming an infant for infants, sanctifying infants; a child for children, sanctifying those who are of that age . . . [so that] he might be the perfect teacher in all things, perfect not only in respect to the setting forth of truth, perfect also in respect to relative age" (Against Heresies 2:22:4 [A.D. 189]).

Hippolytus is another Christian he said..
"Baptize first the children, and if they can speak for themselves let them do so. Otherwise, let their parents or other relatives speak for them" (The Apostolic Tradition 21:16 [A.D. 215]).

They ate the flesh of Jesus drank his blood!
Ignatius of Antioch
"I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the bread of God, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David; and for drink I desire his blood, which is love incorruptible" (Letter to the Romans 7:3 [A.D. 110]).

The Early Church was a Catholic Church, Christians believe the words of Jesus!!
Augustine is a Christian he is not a protestant! He believes the scriptures
He said..
"Christ was carried in his own hands when, referring to his own body, he said, "This is my body" [Matt. 26:26]. For he carried that body in his hands" (Explanations of the Psalms 33:1:10 [A.D. 405]).

Christians believe the words of Jesus!
"My flesh is real food my blood is real drink"!

Christians accept the AUTHORITY of Jesus' holy Catholic Church.. Always have!
Hermas is a CHRISTIAN.. A Early Church father.
He said..
"Therefore shall you [Hermas] write two little books and send one to Clement [Bishop of Rome] and one to Grapte. Clement shall then send it to the cities abroad, because that is his duty" (The Shepherd 2:4:3 [A.D. 80]).

Council of Sardica
Said..
"[I]f any bishop loses the judgment in some case [decided by his fellow bishops] and still believes that he has not a bad but a good case, in order that the case may be judged anew . . . let us honor the memory of the apostle Peter by having those who have given the judgment write to Julius, Bishop of Rome, so that if it seem proper he may himself send arbiters and the judgment may be made again by the bishops of a neighboring province" (canon 3 [A.D. 342]).

Peters successor Julius Bishop of Rome!!

Clement of Alexandria is a BELIEVER.
He said..
"[T]he blessed Peter, the chosen, the preeminent, the first among the disciples, for whom alone with himself the Savior paid the tribute [Matt. 17:27], quickly g.asped and understood their meaning. And what does he say? "Behold, we have left all and have followed you" [Matt. 19:27; Mark 10:28]" (Who Is the Rich Man That Is Saved? 21:3"5 [A.D. 200]).

Blessed Peter
Peter the chosen
Peter the preeminent
Peter the first among the disciples

The Letter of Clement to James
Clement is a Christian he is a Early Church Father, he is a CATHOLIC.
He said..
"Be it known to you, my lord, that Simon [Peter], who, for the sake of the true faith, and the most sure foundation of his doctrine, was set apart to be the foundation of the Church, and for this end was by Jesus himself, with his truthful mouth, named Peter, the first fruits of our Lord, the first of the apostles; to whom first the Father revealed the Son; whom the Christ, with good reason, blessed; the called, and elect" (Letter of Clement to James 2 [A.D. 221]).

Peter the first of the apostles
Peter the Blessed!
Peter called; The Elect!

Ignatius of Antioch
Said..
"Not as Peter and Paul did, do I command you [Romans]. They were apostles, and I am a convict" (Letter to the Romans 4:3 [A.D. 110]).

Peter COMMANDS!!

The scriptures were written by Christians; CATHOLICS every one!
The scriptures were entrusted to the Early Church Father's; CATHOLICS every one!
The scriptures are TAUGHT by CATHOLICS with the AUTHORITY of God, to all NATIONS!

The Bereans accepted the TEACHING of the Church, they were SAVED because they trusted the TEACHING of Church, they did not trust in the scriptures ALONE!!!
The ONLY CHURCH Jesus established is the Holy Catholic Church Catholics believe the scriptures; Catholics are called CHRISTIAN always have been!!
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 7:01:52 AM
At 2/22/2014 7:30:11 PM, annanicole wrote:
"Paxcalibur, the Sword of Peace, the True Sword of Jihad, is the rod of iron by which the Spirit of Christ rules the nations. Paxcalibur, the New Word of God is also the Sign of the Return of the Messiah. It is here now in the Holy Land in our times."

You are probably correct that borno has no intention of seeking any help, for his delusional life is much more fun than reality. He needs it, though, as does anyone who thinks that God has singled them out for some special revelation.

As for you, you need to get rid of that old second-hand sword with the peace sign welded into it. God pays no attention to such things. Who came up with that name, anyway?

Oh don't be such a spiritual nincompoop! That "old second-hand sword" is an honored religious icon and is living proof of how God acts in mysterious ways to deliver the right information at the right time to the right people to get things changed for the better. And as for the name, God came up with it. Do you even know the full Story of Paxcalibur or are you just spouting your typical negativity from your imagination? Why don't you start asking yourself what a modern Jewish prophesy bearer would post like in our times before you go off halfcocked with more misguided criticism based on lack of knowledge of what I'm doing.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 7:14:47 AM
At 2/22/2014 7:35:05 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Blessed Peter
Peter the chosen
Peter the preeminent
Peter the first among the disciples

& Peter a.k.a. the Satan (Mark 8:33)

The various catholic popeys are thus the agents of Satan!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 8:23:05 AM
At 2/22/2014 4:18:32 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 2/22/2014 4:10:03 PM, bornofgod wrote:

1 John 4

If they were your friends, they were probably crazy to begin with. It seems a little odd that the only person in the world with a good grasp of the past, present, and future turns out to be a homeless shizophrenic who again and again refuses to reveal his psychiatric history.

Remember your story about how God knocked you to the floor and changed your DNA - and turned you into a sinless saint? Then God made you homeless. Then God made you a eunuch. It seems that God has no time for anyone else! He's totally engrossed in Saint Brad Holkesvig!

Go get some help.

The flesh called Saint Brad is the vessel that our Creator is using for His purpose. He's using your flesh to reject Him and the flesh of believers to listen to Him. He also made the flesh of ignorant people who are not participating in His witness and testimonies at this time.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 8:55:42 AM
At 2/23/2014 7:01:52 AM, biomystic wrote:

Oh don't be such a spiritual nincompoop! That "old second-hand sword" is an honored religious icon and is living proof of how God acts in mysterious ways to deliver the right information at the right time to the right people to get things changed for the better. And as for the name, God came up with it. Do you even know the full Story of Paxcalibur or are you just spouting your typical negativity from your imagination? Why don't you start asking yourself what a modern Jewish prophesy bearer would post like in our times before you go off halfcocked with more misguided criticism based on lack of knowledge of what I'm doing.

PAXCALIBUR >>>> Anti-CHRISTIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Throughout the last 2,000 years this symbol has designated hatred of Christians. Nero, who despised Christians, crucified the Apostle Peter on a cross head downward. This hideous event resembled the Teutonic cross and became a popular pagan insignia of the day. Thereafter, this sign became known as the 'Neronic cross.'

"The symbol's origin in history proves it to be the visual mystic character for 'Aum' (the split 'Y'). This is the sacred word to the Hindu. Chanting 'Aum' is supposed to help awaken 'the serpent power of Brahma' at the base of the human spine. Occultist Albert Pike also identifies this symbol as mystical in his book on Freemasonry Morals and Dogma.

The peace symbol (also called the "broken cross," "crow's foot," "witch's foot," "Nero Cross," "sign of the 'broken Jew,'" and the "symbol of the 'anti-Christ') is actually a cross with the arms broken. It also signifies the "gesture of despair," and the "death of man.''

Clearly PAXCALIBUR is "SATANIST"!!
PAXCALIBUR >>>>> It also signifies the "gesture of despair," and the "death of man.'
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 9:33:54 AM
Hey doggy, who says scriptures are the words of god and who says the bible is scriptures?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 9:58:55 AM

Oh don't be such a spiritual nincompoop!

Having a so-called "icon" IS a symptom of spiritual nicompoop-ism.

Bio: That "old second-hand sword" is an honored religious icon

Anna: .... honored by the ignorant and superstitious just as cows are honored in India.

Bio: and is living proof of how God acts in mysterious ways to deliver the right information at the right time to the right people to get things changed for the better.

Anna: Pssssst. That old remodeled sword isn't living.

Bio: And as for the name, God came up with it. Do you even know the full Story of Paxcalibur or are you just spouting your typical negativity from your imagination?

Anna: You're blaming God with it? Hardly. How did God name it, i. e. how are you mixed up in this? Something tells me that you came up with it.

Bio: Why don't you start asking yourself what a modern Jewish prophesy bearer would post like in our times before you go off halfcocked with more misguided criticism based on lack of knowledge of what I'm doing.

Anna: Where is a "modern Jewish prophesy bearer"? I thought Saint Brad was the only sinless saint aka "prophesy bearer" around here. Then SkyAngel the Space Cadet showed up with her own dictionary. You see, God speaks to Saint Brad. Know how I know it? He told me! Of course, he can't do any miracles to confirm it, but why bother with that little detail. Skyangel has determined that life itself is God - or a god. I haven't been able to make heads or tails out of it. Then Dogknox looks to papa over in Rome. Father Knows Best, you know. MadCornish listens to God's mouthpiece over in Brooklyn: those phantoms of prophetic phoul-ups, the WatchTower. They pray for wisdom - and God delivers. Ask 'em.

Of course, neither Saint Brad, nor SpaceCadet, nor papa in Rome, nor the WatchTower can perform any miracles. They are right because they "feel" it, generally (with some exceptions). Now you come along. You've also got a story to tell.
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 3:02:31 PM
Anna, your nihilism is hard to stomach. Please go outside and smell the roses and get some SPIRIT in you. You're just full of negativity and aren't any better suited to judge Jewish Scriptures than Skyangle, or boringofgod or dognox. I know you don't know anything about where our Jewish Scriptural symbolism originates as you poo poo all religious symbolism that only seems to leave you without compassion or wisdom for religious feelings in others who actually FEEL God's presence where you don't--having convinced yourself God can't speak through symbolic actions or even iconic devices, such as the Crucifixion Cross or Paxcalibur. You are spiritually blind, my dear and like Skyangle, don't know it. Religion isn't an intellectual exercise like you two seem to think it is. Religion is how human beings organize their major emotions. Now you know.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 5:45:33 PM

"Upside down broken cross is the handy work of Satan!
PAXCALIBUR >>>> is Anti-CHRISTIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Throughout the last 2,000 years this symbol has designated hatred of Christians. Nero, who despised Christians, crucified the Apostle Peter on a cross head downward. This hideous event resembled the Teutonic cross and became a popular pagan insignia of the day. Thereafter, this sign became known as the 'Neronic cross.'
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 7:45:46 PM
At 2/23/2014 10:40:48 AM, Romanii wrote:
Who said that the Bible was the word of God?

Romanii I hope all is well...
The Bible is the word of God.... The Catholic Church with her AUTHORITY tells you it is!
She tossed out all the phony manuscripts that said they were God' word She kept only the INSPIRED Manuscripts and put them all together into one book she named "The Bible"!

The Catholic Church came before the bible!
The Catholic Church is the body of Jesus, the words found in the scriptures are all the words of Jesus, the God man!!

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 8:09:32 PM
At 2/23/2014 7:45:46 PM, Dogknox wrote:

The Bible is the word of God.... The Catholic Church with her AUTHORITY tells you it is!

I don't care... who gave the Catholic Church authority?

She tossed out all the phony manuscripts that said they were God' word She kept only the INSPIRED Manuscripts and put them all together into one book she named "The Bible"!

The Catholic Church is the body of Jesus, the words found in the scriptures are all the words of Jesus, the God man!!

You're going to have to provide proof for that assertion.
From OUTSIDE the Bible.

You can't use the Bible to prove the Bible. You must use external sources.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 11:58:32 AM
At 2/23/2014 8:09:32 PM, Romanii wrote:

From OUTSIDE the Bible.

Historical fact: The first recorded council dealing with the canon was the Council of Rome, which was held in 382 under the presidency of Pope Damasus.
Later councils, such as Hippo (393) and Carthage (397) and the ecumenical council of Florence (1438), reaffirmed the canon issued by the Council of Rome.

Romanii The Catholic Church had to weed out hundreds of phony manuscripts that were in circulation; NO ONE...
Romanii no one knew what was the real inspired words of God until the Catholic Church guided by the Holy Spirit declared they were!

The Catholic Church came before the bible!!! "BIBLE" is a book containing all and ONLY the inspired words of God! The Catholic Church named her book "The Bible"!!

Romanii you said.. I don't care... who gave the Catholic Church authority

Jesus gave his established church her authority!! It is in the scriptures! For just one.. "Jesus gave the Keys to Peter" and only to Peter the chief Apostle! Keys are a symbol of AUTHORITY!! Keys to heaven and earth!

Out side of the scriptures..
The Early Church Father's were all CATHOLICS!
ALL every martyr was a CATHOLIC!
All ate the flesh of Jesus, they drank his blood; They called this EUCHARIST!!

Romanii note the early date this was written.

Ignatius of Antioch "Let no one do anything of concern to the Church without the bishop. Let that be considered a valid Eucharist which is celebrated by the bishop or by one whom he ordains [i.e., a presbyter]. Wherever the bishop appears, let the people be there; just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church" (Letter to the Smyrneans"8:2 [A.D. 110])."

>>>>>>>> "Just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church" <<<<<<<<<<

The Martyrdom of Polycarp And of the elect, he was one indeed, the wonderful martyr Polycarp, who in our days was an apostolic and prophetic teacher, bishop of the Catholic Church in Smyrna. For every word that came forth from his mouth was fulfilled and will be fulfilled (Martyrdom of Polycarp 16:2 [A.D. 155]).

>>>>> Bishop of the Catholic Church <<<<<<

The Catholic Church has BISHOPS with the authority of Jesus to teach all nations!!!
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 8:52:06 PM

No scriptures say... "You are saved by what you read!!"
Jesus is very clear... "He who hears you hears me, he who rejects you rejects me!"
(He who hears CHURCH>>> hears Jesus)
(He who rejects CHURCH>>> rejects Jesus)

Church teaches with all the authority of God! The Bereans were saved because they heard Paul's teaching! There wasn't any scriptures of any great number for anyone to read until, the printing press!! For about seventeen hundred years it was >>CHURCH<< that taught and brought salvation to the world!!!

To believe in "Scriptures are the only authority" is NOT LOGICAL it is not biblical!!

Only the very, very rich could own a bible, they were costly works of art for the first seventeen hundred years!!
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 2:56:45 PM

From OUTSIDE the Bible.

Romanii You there?? No answer to post #25??
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 5:33:13 PM
At 2/25/2014 2:56:45 PM, Dogknox wrote:

From OUTSIDE the Bible.

Romanii You there?? No answer to post #25??

Not really...
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 9:14:47 PM
At 2/23/2014 8:55:42 AM, Dogknox wrote:

PAXCALIBUR >>>> Anti-CHRISTIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The symbol's origin in history proves it to be the visual mystic character for 'Aum' (the split 'Y'). This is the sacred word to the Hindu. Chanting 'Aum' is supposed to help awaken 'the serpent power of Brahma' at the base of the human spine. Occultist Albert Pike also identifies this symbol as mystical in his book on Freemasonry Morals and Dogma.

The peace symbol (also called the "broken cross," "crow's foot," "witch's foot," "Nero Cross," "sign of the 'broken Jew,'" and the "symbol of the 'anti-Christ') is actually a cross with the arms broken. It also signifies the "gesture of despair," and the "death of man.''

Clearly PAXCALIBUR is "SATANIST"!!
PAXCALIBUR >>>>> It also signifies the "gesture of despair," and the "death of man.'

My Evangelical Christian son-in-law showed me sites where this incredible bullshite against the Peace Sign originates. The Peace Sign for all who use it as the world's best recognized Sign of Peace originated from British Semaphore signal language for the letters ND, standing for Nuclear Disarmament, that movement started in the late 1950's. World peace activists starting using the ND Sign as a Peace Sign from then on and in the 1960's it became universally famous. Only phonies Rightwingers calling themselves "Christian" try to link peace activism with the devil.

And that's you, Dognox, a real true PHONY Christian who attacks peace when it was Jesus Christ himself who told you to HONOR those who work for peace. Stop your false Christian trolling of real Christians promoting Jesus' teachings and not some Rightwing Republican political agenda that hates peace activists for protesting war mongers wanting to destroy the world for capitalist war profiteers.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 9:38:14 PM
Hey Doggy where is it written that the compilation of the bible was divinely inspired?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin