Jump to topic:

Female Christians

SkepticalStardust
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 1:47:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent." (1 Timothy 2:12)

"As in all the congregations of the saints, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church. Did the word of God originate with you? Or are you the only people it has reached?" (1 Cor. 14:33b-36 NIV).

"Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord." (Ephesians 5:22)

Dear female Christians,

I will allow you to comment on this topic; However, don't try to teach me anything, as you are not permitted to do so. Instead, share your own reasons for accepting Christianity.

Dominantly yours,
Me
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." " Christopher Hitchens
Jack212
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 5:18:08 PM
At 2/23/2014 1:47:02 PM, SkepticalStardust wrote:
"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent." (1 Timothy 2:12)

"As in all the congregations of the saints, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church. Did the word of God originate with you? Or are you the only people it has reached?" (1 Cor. 14:33b-36 NIV).

Dear female Christians,

I will allow you to comment on this topic; However, don't try to teach me anything, as you are not permitted to do so. Instead, share your own reasons for accepting Christianity.

Dominantly yours,
Me

You should post this in the Society section, that's where all the Feminists hang out.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 5:24:06 PM

Dear female Christians,

Dominantly yours,
Me

It is not good to take Scripture outta its context Hun. I am not a pastor so therefore, I am at liberty to speak to anyone in teaching them. That is Biblical too FYI. Read the Original texts of the Greek to get the full meaning before making claims of something because it could come off pretty offensive to others. Just some friendly words :)
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 10:11:15 PM

Dear female Christians,

Dominantly yours,
Me

Don't forget original sin too. Eve eating the apple. I mean, the bible gives hard birth to all women, because a woman ate the apple.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 10:12:34 PM
As the obnoxious YouTuber Dusty Smith (cultofdusty) once said, before you preach the bible, 'shut up and make me a sandwich'.
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 10:18:52 PM
At 2/23/2014 10:11:15 PM, Lordgrae wrote:

Dear female Christians,

Dominantly yours,
Me

Don't forget original sin too. Eve eating the apple. I mean, the bible gives hard birth to all women, because a woman ate the apple.

It never says in the Bible that Eve ate an apple first off.. It says that she ate of the fruit that God commanded she and Adam not to eat from.. Just in case you missed that whenever skimming through the Bible..
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 10:20:33 PM
At 2/23/2014 10:18:52 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Dear female Christians,

Dominantly yours,
Me

It never says in the Bible that Eve ate an apple first off.. It says that she ate of the fruit that God commanded she and Adam not to eat from.. Just in case you missed that whenever skimming through the Bible..

Yeah I know. I had to sit through a boring 4th grade Hebrew school class where they talked about how the fruit was more like a date. However, that is irrelevant to the point I was making.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 10:21:18 PM
At 2/23/2014 10:20:33 PM, Lordgrae wrote:

Dear female Christians,

Dominantly yours,
Me

Yeah I know. I had to sit through a boring 4th grade Hebrew school class where they talked about how the fruit was more like a date. However, that is irrelevant to the point I was making.

LOL, sorry the way you worded here just made me chuckle a bit.. But alright then..
"Good Times" ~ Max
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 10:22:40 PM
At 2/23/2014 10:21:18 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Dear female Christians,

Dominantly yours,
Me

LOL, sorry the way you worded here just made me chuckle a bit.. But alright then..

I see it now. Wow, that was dirty.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 10:25:01 PM
At 2/23/2014 10:22:40 PM, Lordgrae wrote:

Dear female Christians,

Dominantly yours,
Me

A date just seems, idk a weird term for this topic is why I was laughing about it haha..
"Good Times" ~ Max
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 10:34:55 PM
At 2/23/2014 10:22:40 PM, Lordgrae wrote:

Dear female Christians,

Dominantly yours,
Me

This weirdly brought back memories of my own 4th grade Hebrew class. I remember the teacher gave us a random (and very poor) mnemonic on how to remember that the Hebrew word 'tamar' is a date. He said Tamar is a girls name and girls go on dates. I remember thinking at the time (and still do) that it was such a terrible way to remember (boys go on dates too) and today I still recall how I argued with him about it for a minute (not that it really mattered - I just liked to argue). Oddly enough that poor mnemonic is exactly why I remembered the word on the quiz we had shortly after.

I'll admit this is pretty random, but just thought I'd share.
Debate.org Moderator
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 3:02:58 AM
The Biomystic pontificates:

All Abrahamic religions, Judaism, Pauline Christianity and Muhammad's Islam, are biased against women because these religions started their religious war with Goddess worshipers with the Brahmin Vedic ouster of Kali as top Goddess in the Hindu religion. She was incredibly powerful influence over a huge area including even my own state of California named after a cognate Kali Goddess, Califia.

Our Abrahamic religions follow the Brahmin path ("Abrahami/Sarah/Hagar = Brahma, Sarasvati/Ghaggar) of rejecting the Divine Feminine as Great Mother, Tree of Life, etc., while also following Ahkenaton's monotheistic revolution so that the whole Jewish godhead was supposedly stripped down to ONE GOD but never really was..

Anyway, without a recognition of the Divine Feminine in the Godhead all women are cast into inferior social status in Abrahamic religions as objects of ownership of males given absolute authority to rule women, children, everyone. Gnostic Christianity, never following the Bible or the Bible god, of course kept the Divine Feminine in spiritual consciousness by honoring with great honor, Sophia, Wisdom, as the highest level of Spirit beneath a further Great Spirit the old Gnostics knew was there but had no way to identify It. Now we can. It was the Elohim, the Holy Family where EL presided over a Family Godhead. Thus too, earthly families suffer under patriarchal rulership as the role of Mother is virtually destroyed and replaced with Maid for the Man and don't talk back lest the Man start to worry about feeling something's missing..