Jump to topic:

What do you think of this quote?

Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 10:24:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
"Religion is meant to provide a link between God and Man, and between Man and Man. But when the emphasis is put on anything other than GOD and HIS LOVE, then religion becomes a HINDRANCE between God and Man and a WALL between Man and Man."

It's by a Sikh saint named Khoji.
2-D
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 2:01:48 AM
At 2/23/2014 10:24:54 PM, Romanii wrote:
"Religion is meant to provide a link between God and Man, and between Man and Man. But when the emphasis is put on anything other than GOD and HIS LOVE, then religion becomes a HINDRANCE between God and Man and a WALL between Man and Man."

What form of love does that refer to? I'm not a fan of unconditional love but I place a high value on the natural form of love as expressed as an emotion.
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 7:13:12 AM
What do you guys think of this quote?

"In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of some phony God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence."

--Aalewis, professional quote-maker
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 7:48:07 AM
At 2/24/2014 2:59:57 AM, biomystic wrote:
Not a "woman" ever mentioned. How do Sikh's treat their women?

Very well. It demands total equality.

I think the term "man" is used for literary effect.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 7:49:47 AM
At 2/24/2014 7:13:12 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
What do you guys think of this quote?

"In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of some phony God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence."

--Aalewis, professional quote-maker

Whatever "euphoria" he is feeling at the moment is nothing compared to the euphoria of God's real blessing.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 7:55:08 AM

This wasn't spoken by a saint of the Lord's. This was spoken by a false prophet who had no idea who our invisible Creator was. If he was a saint, then he would know why God created religion.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 7:57:04 AM
At 2/24/2014 2:01:48 AM, 2-D wrote:

What form of love does that refer to? I'm not a fan of unconditional love but I place a high value on the natural form of love as expressed as an emotion.

It is comparable to the love a mother has for their child, especially when younger.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 8:14:27 AM
At 2/24/2014 7:57:04 AM, Romanii wrote:

It is comparable to the love a mother has for their child, especially when younger.

Do you think Jesus spoke about human emotions of love or did he speak the love of God which is much different than human emotions.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 8:36:58 AM
At 2/24/2014 8:14:27 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Do you think Jesus spoke about human emotions of love or did he speak the love of God which is much different than human emotions.

Of course he was talking about the love of God. Human love is almost always conditional and at times can seem superficial. God's love is on a whole different level.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 8:37:47 AM
At 2/24/2014 7:55:08 AM, bornofgod wrote:

This wasn't spoken by a saint of the Lord's. This was spoken by a false prophet who had no idea who our invisible Creator was. If he was a saint, then he would know why God created religion.

Lol as soon as I posted that, I knew you would object to my word choice.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 8:40:01 AM
At 2/24/2014 8:37:47 AM, Romanii wrote:
At 2/24/2014 7:55:08 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Lol as soon as I posted that, I knew you would object to my word choice.

I'm pointing out the fact that you don't know what a saint is and neither does any atheist or Christian.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 8:40:35 AM
At 2/24/2014 8:36:58 AM, Romanii wrote:

Of course he was talking about the love of God. Human love is almost always conditional and at times can seem superficial. God's love is on a whole different level.

What is the love of God, then?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 8:43:08 AM
Hey bog you are in dangerland in the DC&R forum. But have fun idiot. They know who you are.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 8:46:48 AM
At 2/24/2014 8:43:08 AM, bulproof wrote:
Hey bog you are in dangerland in the DC&R forum. But have fun idiot. They know who you are.

The Truth is always endangered in this world that hates Him with a passion.

Jeremiah 6
10: To whom shall I speak and give warning, that they may hear? Behold, their ears are closed, they cannot listen; behold, the word of the LORD is to them an object of scorn, they take no pleasure in it.

John 15
18: "If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
19: If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
25: It is to fulfil the word that is written in their law, `They hated me without a cause.

I'm not at all fearful of the world's fears what you think is dangerous. LOL
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 9:53:22 AM
At 2/24/2014 8:40:35 AM, bornofgod wrote:

How would I know? XD
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 11:10:25 AM
At 2/24/2014 9:53:22 AM, Romanii wrote:
At 2/24/2014 8:40:35 AM, bornofgod wrote:

How would I know? XD

I've been sharing His love with everyone who listens to Him. Unbelievers can't hear His voice during this age.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 12:13:14 PM

God came to earth in the form of Man!
The perfect Man, died on a cross without any sins! Sins bring death, because Jesus was sinless he popped up out of the grave >> Never ever to die again!
To each man is allotted only one death, BECAUSE...
Romanii because Jesus has been there he has done that, he cannot die again.. Thus all who are IMMERSED into the very body of the RISEN Jesus will never die!

1 Peter 3:21
and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also"not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 12:19:46 PM
At 2/24/2014 12:13:14 PM, Dogknox wrote:

The perfect Man, died on a cross without any sins! Sins bring death, because Jesus was sinless he popped up out of the grave >> Never ever to die again!
Romanii because Jesus has been there he has done that, he cannot die again.. Thus all who are IMMERSED into the very body of the RISEN Jesus will never die!

and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also"not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ

...Dog, what does that have anything to do with the quote?
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 12:32:14 PM
At 2/24/2014 12:19:46 PM, Romanii wrote:

Romanii The Religion Jesus formed is his Christian religion..
Christian: Christ Followers!

Jesus established only ONE Church, the Catholic Church! His church is still doing her Job!
Preaching and teaching all nations she brings salvation! THUS...
Romanii thus it has everything to do with it... "The Church" Jesus established, is the body of Jesus! Not a HINDRANCE between God and Man!!
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 1:40:08 PM
At 2/24/2014 12:19:46 PM, Romanii wrote:

Your words... But when the emphasis is put on anything other than GOD and HIS LOVE,

I reply: Jesus died for "US" pure 100% perfect LOVE!!!
He gave us his LIFE, he let go of his divinity to become man, he GIVES us his sacred body and Living forever blood to be completely "CONSUMED!" God gives us "His all his very self in pure love!!

The Catholic Church worships God with love; No other religion comes close!!
At Mass the priests offers to God Jesus' sacrifice we KNOW it is an acceptable sacrifice because it his from Jesus his "only Son"!
At the first Passover in Egypt Moses ate an Unblemished Lamb to be saved!

Romanii The Last Supper was a Passover Meal, at this supper Jesus held bread and declared "This is my body, EAT"

John 1:29
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
TheSquirrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 2:09:49 PM

God must have postpartum depression.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 4:40:40 PM
At 2/24/2014 2:09:49 PM, TheSquirrel wrote:

You must have Bad Joke Syndrome.
TheSquirrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 6:40:41 PM
At 2/24/2014 4:40:40 PM, Romanii wrote:

Please don't make fun, it's a serious ailment.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 6:49:47 PM
At 2/24/2014 6:40:41 PM, TheSquirrel wrote:

I have discovered the cure for BJS. Would you like to hear it?
TheSquirrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 6:56:28 PM
At 2/24/2014 6:49:47 PM, Romanii wrote:

I'm sorry, it really was a bad joke. See, god would first have to exist in order to have a psychological disorder.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 6:58:49 PM
At 2/24/2014 6:56:28 PM, TheSquirrel wrote:

I'm sorry, it really was a bad joke. See, god would first have to exist in order to have a psychological disorder.

Hmmm... good improvement. This one was definitely better than your first. Keep it up! :D
Disquisition
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 7:00:42 PM

The general premise is how could you possibly get along with each other when you haven't experienced the love of God. It forms the cross, the first vertical relationship is with God then the horizontal relationship is with men.
TheSquirrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 7:01:03 PM
At 2/24/2014 6:58:49 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 2/24/2014 6:56:28 PM, TheSquirrel wrote:

Hmmm... good improvement. This one was definitely better than your first. Keep it up! :D

Might be a swing-and-a-miss, but I make up for it with lots of swinging!
obrienkr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 7:04:17 PM
I like that; I'm not familiar with the person you have quoted but his words speak great wisdom.