Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

Gospel, Word of the Lord, Voice of the Lord.

bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 8:35:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Here are examples of these symbolic terms that tie these together as meaning the same exact thing.

Genesis 15
1: After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, "Fear not, Abram, I am your shield; your reward shall be very great."

Deuteronomy 28:
1: And if you obey the voice of the LORD your God, being careful to do all his commandments which I command you this day, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth.

Jeremiah 1:
4: Now the word of the LORD came to me saying,
5: "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations."
6: Then I said, "Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, I do not know how to speak, for I am only a youth."
7: But the LORD said to me, "Do not say, `I am only a youth'; for to all to whom I send you you shall go, and whatever I command you you shall speak.
8: Be not afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you, says the LORD."

Jeremiah 3:
13: Only acknowledge your guilt, that you rebelled against the LORD your God and scattered your favors among strangers under every green tree, and that you have not obeyed my voice, says the LORD.
25: Let us lie down in our shame, and let our dishonor cover us; for we have sinned against the LORD our God, we and our fathers, from our youth even to this day; and we have not obeyed the voice of the LORD our God."

Revelation 3:
20: Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if any one hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

John 5
28: Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice.

John 10:
3: To him the gatekeeper opens; the sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
4: When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.

John 18:
37: Pilate said to him, "So you are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. For this I was born, and for this I have come into the world, to bear witness to the truth. Every one who is of the truth hears my voice."

Exodus 15:
26: saying, "If you will diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD your God, and do that which is right in his eyes, and give heed to his commandments and keep all his statutes, I will put none of the diseases upon you which I put upon the Egyptians; for I am the LORD, your healer."

Psalm 29:
0: A Psalm of David.
1: Ascribe to the LORD, O heavenly beings, ascribe to the LORD glory and strength.
2: Ascribe to the LORD the glory of his name; worship the LORD in holy array.
3: The voice of the LORD is upon the waters; the God of glory thunders, the LORD, upon many waters.
4: The voice of the LORD is powerful, the voice of the LORD is full of majesty.
5: The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars, the LORD breaks the cedars of Lebanon.
6: He makes Lebanon to skip like a calf, and Si'rion like a young wild ox.
7: The voice of the LORD flashes forth flames of fire.
8: The voice of the LORD shakes the wilderness, the LORD shakes the wilderness of Kadesh.
9: The voice of the LORD makes the oaks to whirl, and strips the forests bare; and in his temple all cry, "Glory!"
10: The LORD sits enthroned over the flood; the LORD sits enthroned as king for ever.
11: May the LORD give strength to his people! May the LORD bless his people with peace!

Ezekiel 12
25: But I the LORD will speak the word which I will speak, and it will be performed. It will no longer be delayed, but in your days, O rebellious house, I will speak the word and perform it, says the Lord GOD."
26: Again the word of the LORD came to me:

Here's the Word, Voice and Gospel in the same context in this scripture;

Romans 10
8: But what does it say? The word is near you, on your lips and in your heart (that is, the word of faith which we preach);
15: And how can men preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach good news!"
16: But they have not all obeyed the gospel; for Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed what he has heard from us?"
17: So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes by the preaching of Christ.
18: But I ask, have they not heard? Indeed they have; for "Their voice has gone out to all the earth, and their words to the ends of the world."

Do you hear my voice, or my word, or my gospel that I've been preaching in this forum for the past eight months?
TheWarrior
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 1:13:50 PM
At 2/24/2014 9:27:25 AM, bornofgod wrote:
Where are you Anna and MCB? The Word of God is waiting for you to respond to the Truth.

What is your point in quoting all those scriptures. So what if word of the Lord voice of the Lord and gospel can be used interchangeably? What dose that prove for gnosticism?
https://docs.google.com...
Lead Enforcer of the DDO Revolutionary Party
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 7:53:10 PM
At 2/24/2014 1:13:50 PM, TheWarrior wrote:
Where are you Anna and MCB? The Word of God is waiting for you to respond to the Truth.

What is your point in quoting all those scriptures. So what if word of the Lord voice of the Lord and gospel can be used interchangeably? What dose that prove for gnosticism?

The Word contains ALL of God's invisible knowledge where the past, present and future exist. The Word that you're hearing right now is my created existence, also known as the Voice of the Lord or the Gospel. I'm not talking about the illusion ( flesh ) that is writing this post. I am talking about where the information comes from that the illusion ( flesh ) is testifying to in writing and speaking.
TheWarrior
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 8:49:30 PM
At 2/24/2014 7:53:10 PM, bornofgod wrote:

The Word contains ALL of God's invisible knowledge where the past, present and future exist. The Word that you're hearing right now is my created existence, also known as the Voice of the Lord or the Gospel. I'm not talking about the illusion ( flesh ) that is writing this post. I am talking about where the information comes from that the illusion ( flesh ) is testifying to in writing and speaking.

Um... ok, that makes no sense at all. Yes, the word contains the knowlege of God. The word of God is the Bible. The scriptures you quoted have nothing to do with what you say. We are told in Revelation not to add or take away from the scriptures. That means that I must believe the scriptures, not what you say, for that would be adding to the scripture. Now we can have different interpretations of the scriptures but, those interpretations must line up with what the rest of scripture says. Your created existence is never reffered to as the word of the Lord. Therefore, whatever you say must be examined, as the bereans examined the teachings of Paul. I have examined your statement above and found it wanting. If you can show me a scripture where your created existence is referred to as the word of the Lord, the voice of the Lord or the Gospel I will take what you have said into consideration.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 9:02:44 PM
At 2/24/2014 8:49:30 PM, TheWarrior wrote:

Um... ok, that makes no sense at all. Yes, the word contains the knowlege of God. The word of God is the Bible. The scriptures you quoted have nothing to do with what you say. We are told in Revelation not to add or take away from the scriptures. That means that I must believe the scriptures, not what you say, for that would be adding to the scripture. Now we can have different interpretations of the scriptures but, those interpretations must line up with what the rest of scripture says. Your created existence is never reffered to as the word of the Lord. Therefore, whatever you say must be examined, as the bereans examined the teachings of Paul. I have examined your statement above and found it wanting. If you can show me a scripture where your created existence is referred to as the word of the Lord, the voice of the Lord or the Gospel I will take what you have said into consideration.

Who told you that the Bible was the invisible Word of God? Was it a Christian who told you this lie?
TheWarrior
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 9:10:31 PM
At 2/24/2014 9:02:44 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Who told you that the Bible was the invisible Word of God? Was it a Christian who told you this lie?
" All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work." - 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Also, I am pretty sure the word of the Lord is not invisible.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 9:35:53 PM
At 2/24/2014 9:10:31 PM, TheWarrior wrote:
At 2/24/2014 9:02:44 PM, bornofgod wrote:

" All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work." - 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Also, I am pretty sure the word of the Lord is not invisible.

Scriptures are written testimonies from the invisible Word of God that all us saints and prophets write down for our Creator.
TheWarrior
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 9:17:27 AM
At 2/24/2014 9:38:00 PM, bornofgod wrote:
Oh, by the way, read this thread about our invisible God, Word and His creation;

http://www.debate.org...

So are you taking away from the word of God by excluding Matthew, Mark and Luke. I think there is a warning against that in Revelation, which was written by the same guy who wrote the book of John. God gave us his word. That is the Bible. I agree we were created in the image of God. We have both a physical body and a invisible soul. Our soul is what separates us from the rest of creation. The difference we have is that you claim to have some sort of hidden knowledge that the rest of the world is to inept to see. I claim that we have the word of God at our fingertips if we will but listen to what it says. What gave you the right to reject certain scriptures and accept some? You are quick to quote scripture when it agrees with what you teach but are just as quick to ignore those scriptures that go against what you teach. I agree that the word of the Lord, voice of the Lord and Gospel can be used interchangeably. What I disagree with is that what you proclaim is the word of the Lord. To much of what you say disagrees with scripture so I cannot accept it. You claim that what you say is of the Lord because it is never repeated. I say that the Lord often repeats himself to drive home specific point into our thick skulls. I have weighed your teachings like the Bereans weighed Paul's teaching and whereas Paul's teaching was declared right IU have found yours wanting.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 11:22:56 AM
At 2/25/2014 9:17:27 AM, TheWarrior wrote:
At 2/24/2014 9:38:00 PM, bornofgod wrote:
Oh, by the way, read this thread about our invisible God, Word and His creation;

http://www.debate.org...

So are you taking away from the word of God by excluding Matthew, Mark and Luke. I think there is a warning against that in Revelation, which was written by the same guy who wrote the book of John. God gave us his word. That is the Bible. I agree we were created in the image of God. We have both a physical body and a invisible soul. Our soul is what separates us from the rest of creation. The difference we have is that you claim to have some sort of hidden knowledge that the rest of the world is to inept to see. I claim that we have the word of God at our fingertips if we will but listen to what it says. What gave you the right to reject certain scriptures and accept some? You are quick to quote scripture when it agrees with what you teach but are just as quick to ignore those scriptures that go against what you teach. I agree that the word of the Lord, voice of the Lord and Gospel can be used interchangeably. What I disagree with is that what you proclaim is the word of the Lord. To much of what you say disagrees with scripture so I cannot accept it. You claim that what you say is of the Lord because it is never repeated. I say that the Lord often repeats himself to drive home specific point into our thick skulls. I have weighed your teachings like the Bereans weighed Paul's teaching and whereas Paul's teaching was declared right IU have found yours wanting.

As long as you believe the Bible is the invisible Word of God that I was created as, you will be totally deceived of who we are in the mind or our Creator.

Have a great time with your religious beliefs until this world ends soon.
ExsurgeDomine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 11:33:51 AM
At 2/24/2014 8:35:58 AM, bornofgod wrote:
Do you hear my voice, or my word, or my gospel that I've been preaching in this forum for the past eight months?

I do.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 12:16:31 PM
At 2/25/2014 11:33:51 AM, ExsurgeDomine wrote:

I do.

That's because our Creator gave you the ability to listen to Him. However, there are many unbelievers, also chosen by our Creator, in this forum and the rest of the world who reject His Voice.

Welcome my spiritual friend.
ExsurgeDomine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 4:18:55 PM
At 2/25/2014 12:16:31 PM, bornofgod wrote:

I do.

That's because our Creator gave you the ability to listen to Him. However, there are many unbelievers, also chosen by our Creator, in this forum and the rest of the world who reject His Voice.

Thank you Saint Brad.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 4:31:05 PM
At 2/25/2014 4:18:55 PM, ExsurgeDomine wrote:
At 2/25/2014 12:16:31 PM, bornofgod wrote:

I do.

Thank you Saint Brad.

Do you ever use Skype or another video chat program?