Jump to topic:

Jesus and Modern-day Christianity

Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 10:10:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
This is a question to all people who are or were Christians. I imagine this makes up a substantial amount of this forum given as most of the people on here are from America. My question is; what do you think Jesus would think of modern-day Christianity? Would he like the modern-day Churches, would he be ambivalent towards them, would he be sad about them? Please answer as objectively as possible.
PiedPiper
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 10:13:31 AM
I can't pretend to know much about Christianity, but I think he would be disappointed to see so much focus on interpretation of scripture, divisions between branches of the religion, and the degree to which the religion is used in anger (to condemn, oppress, etc.), rather than people focusing on just being a good person and loving God. At the end of the day, religion isn't about studying scripture and theological texts, it's just about being a good person, promoting love, and creating harmony in the world. Sadly, Christianity is not always used with this goal in mind.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 10:18:40 AM
At 2/25/2014 10:13:31 AM, PiedPiper wrote:
I can't pretend to know much about Christianity, but I think he would be disappointed to see so much focus on interpretation of scripture, divisions between branches of the religion, and the degree to which the religion is used in anger (to condemn, oppress, etc.), rather than people focusing on just being a good person and loving God. At the end of the day, religion isn't about studying scripture and theological texts, it's just about being a good person, promoting love, and creating harmony in the world. Sadly, Christianity is not always used with this goal in mind.

I reckon this is just about the best post I've seen since I got here. HUZZAH Piper.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
TheWarrior
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 10:26:19 AM
At 2/25/2014 10:10:26 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
This is a question to all people who are or were Christians. I imagine this makes up a substantial amount of this forum given as most of the people on here are from America. My question is; what do you think Jesus would think of modern-day Christianity? Would he like the modern-day Churches, would he be ambivalent towards them, would he be sad about them? Please answer as objectively as possible.

I think that he would like some churches and others he would not. I think that all churches have there problems. Because, modern day Christianity is so wide spread I cannot say for sure that he would condemn all churches or be pleased with all churches.
https://docs.google.com...
Lead Enforcer of the DDO Revolutionary Party
LAZARUS77
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 10:27:40 AM
quranic answerrrrrrrrrrr
5:115-118
And [beware the Day] when Allah will say, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people, 'Take me and my mother as deities besides Allah ?'" He will say, "Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen.

I said not to them except what You commanded me - to worship Allah , my Lord and your Lord. And I was a witness over them as long as I was among them; but when You took me up, You were the Observer over them, and You are, over all things, Witness.

If You should punish them - indeed they are Your servants; but if You forgive them - indeed it is You who is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.
No man is a true believer unless he desires for his brother that, what he desires for himself. - Prophet Muhammad saw
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 10:35:30 AM
At 2/25/2014 10:27:40 AM, LAZARUS77 wrote:
quranic answerrrrrrrrrrr
And [beware the Day] when Allah will say, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people, 'Take me and my mother as deities besides Allah ?'" He will say, "Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen.

I said not to them except what You commanded me - to worship Allah , my Lord and your Lord. And I was a witness over them as long as I was among them; but when You took me up, You were the Observer over them, and You are, over all things, Witness.

If You should punish them - indeed they are Your servants; but if You forgive them - indeed it is You who is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.
Ya just gotta muslims who quote gibberish in response to a question about jesus and christianity. It improves their intellectual standing in the community by NOTHING.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
LAZARUS77
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 10:37:09 AM
At 2/25/2014 10:35:30 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/25/2014 10:27:40 AM, LAZARUS77 wrote:
quranic answerrrrrrrrrrr

Ya just gotta muslims who quote gibberish in response to a question about jesus and christianity. It improves their intellectual standing in the community by NOTHING.

ohh crap you are here too...
No man is a true believer unless he desires for his brother that, what he desires for himself. - Prophet Muhammad saw