Jump to topic:

public preaching

Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2014 7:37:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
So I am athiest, but I work with a die hard Christian, and she keeps mentioning how she can pray for me, and how I need to beleive in jesus, and I need more of god in my life. she mentions the bible 24/7 and often preaches at work.

I want to know if this bothers anyone else when this happens, and how to nicely tell them to knock it off if this happens.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2014 3:09:54 PM
Bump damn
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

superflymegastallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2014 4:22:28 PM
At 2/26/2014 3:09:54 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
Bump damn
Have you told her to stop? If so, go see your First Sergeant and tell him or her what is going on. Don't forget to use your chain of command first. First your team leader, squad leader, platoon sergeant and platoon leader.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2014 6:40:11 PM
At 2/26/2014 7:37:57 AM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
So I am athiest, but I work with a die hard Christian, and she keeps mentioning how she can pray for me, and how I need to beleive in jesus, and I need more of god in my life. she mentions the bible 24/7 and often preaches at work.

I want to know if this bothers anyone else when this happens, and how to nicely tell them to knock it off if this happens.

I'm not sure the rules for the military, but your'r not allowed to do that sort of thing in pretty much every big company or public job. I would find out the rules on that, and find out if there are punishments or provisions against this. Then select one of the following statements.

'Stop talking about Jesus. He doesn't exist, your'e stupid, and if you don't stop, I'll report you for creating a hostile work environment you fat, hairy c*nt.'

'I understand that you really care about me, but know that you will not change my mind the way you are trying, and that like you, I also search for the truth. If you cannot accept the truth that I have found, or at least not harass me about it, then I don't think that I can talk to you in any non-work related conversation.'

' Shut up or I will gather my army of atheists, and pray to Satan! He will possess my body making me the anti-christ and I shall destroy you and your soul! Bwu-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.'

- I am not responsible for any repercussions that occur from taking my advice.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2014 7:06:12 PM
Or you could ask her to stop pestering you and try her luck against some one (me!) who can kick her ideological butt!

So PM me with her email & I'll contact her & she can strut her stuff!

OR

Get her to try her luck here at this Forum!

Remind her that with her almighty god, jebus & h-spirit against poor me, I technically shouldn't have a hope against all of them; so she needn't be a gutless coward and refuse!

Cheers!
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2014 8:28:31 PM
At 2/26/2014 6:40:11 PM, Lordgrae wrote:

I'm not sure the rules for the military, but your'r not allowed to do that sort of thing in pretty much every big company or public job.

Actually you are allowed to. The first amendment only protects you against the Government endorsing religion, not private individuals.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2014 9:09:54 PM
At 2/26/2014 8:28:31 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 2/26/2014 6:40:11 PM, Lordgrae wrote:

I'm not sure the rules for the military, but your'r not allowed to do that sort of thing in pretty much every big company or public job.

Actually you are allowed to. The first amendment only protects you against the Government endorsing religion, not private individuals.

For most businesses, they say that religion is one of those topics that if addressed in a certain way can be considered, 'creating a hostile work environment'. In this person's situation, I would say that this clearly qualifies.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2014 10:42:51 PM
According to my ssgt I have to ignore it because there is nothing in our regulations that state it's not okay for her to preach like that.