David Blaine, Derren Brown, Criss Angel, Dyna

AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 5:20:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Dynamo, Etc.

Do these people actually have magic powers? Are they perhaps heretical Saints? Is the end near?

I mean Dynamo walked on water. I don't think Jesus did that.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 5:25:27 PM
Idk, I watched it.. But, who's to say that there's not some platform underneath or something? ... Seems to good to be true..
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
ExsurgeDomine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 5:25:35 PM
Is it true that the magician DYNAMO is actually jebus returned, doing similar party tricks like before in Story book land?

I ask this because I saw DYNAMO ' walking on water ' on TV!
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 5:28:42 PM
At 2/28/2014 5:25:35 PM, ExsurgeDomine wrote:
Is it true that the magician DYNAMO is actually jebus returned, doing similar party tricks like before in Story book land?

I ask this because I saw DYNAMO ' walking on water ' on TV!

Yes, it's pretty convincing stuff all right. It's almost as good as if you read about stuff like this out of a book that's a thousand years old, IMO.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 5:33:05 PM
At 2/28/2014 5:25:27 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Idk, I watched it.. But, who's to say that there's not some platform underneath or something? ... Seems to good to be true..

Who's to say the bible isn't completely and utterly made up?
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 5:39:43 PM
At 2/28/2014 5:33:05 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

Hey now, we weren't talking about the Bible here, dear. We were discussing the video. :)
But I understand what your saying though.
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 5:40:52 PM
At 2/28/2014 5:39:43 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Hey now, we weren't talking about the Bible here, dear. We were discussing the video. :)

So you don't believe in God?
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 5:41:25 PM
At 2/28/2014 5:40:52 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 2/28/2014 5:39:43 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

So you don't believe in God?

Of course I do.
"Good Times" ~ Max
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 5:42:55 PM
I know what your saying here. Just trying to be peaceful about it is all. I was merely just stating my opinion in my first above post.
"Good Times" ~ Max
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 5:46:17 PM
I'd prefer to look at every possibility before suggesting that the guy did actually walk on water... I mean we weren't there.. It could've been a play or something, or the guy messing around using a hidden platform..
"Good Times" ~ Max
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 5:46:48 PM
At 2/28/2014 5:42:55 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
I know what your saying here. Just trying to be peaceful about it is all. I was merely just stating my opinion in my first above post.

But it doesn't make sense... How can you apply one sort of reasoning to one thing and not apply it to something similar?

Did you know Derren Brown can trick atheist girls into believing in God by making them feel really bad about their biological fathers, unsafe with just them around, and in need of something better?

Or, maybe he just has a link to God, I dunno.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 5:47:42 PM
At 2/28/2014 5:46:17 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
I'd prefer to look at every possibility before suggesting that the guy did actually walk on water... I mean we weren't there.. It could've been a play or something, or the guy messing around using a hidden platform..

And how come you're not considering the possibility that the bible is just complete nonsense? I mean, it's the same thing, basically.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 5:50:07 PM
At 2/28/2014 5:46:48 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

But it doesn't make sense... How can you apply one sort of reasoning to one thing and not apply it to something similar?

Did you know Derren Brown can trick atheist girls into believing in God by making them feel really bad about their biological fathers, unsafe with just them around, and in need of something better?

what do you mean??

mmmm, idk sounds kinda wrong the way he's going about it then... Do you by chance have videos I can view by him to see what he's about? Obviously I'm gonna watch it..
"Good Times" ~ Max
superflymegastallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 5:52:04 PM
I like what you said there. "Seems to good to be true.."
That's how I think of the bible. "Seems to good to be true.." Would it be nice that Jesus sacrificed himself for me? Maybe, but it seems to good to be true. Especially when we factor in the fact that a rapist, murderer, etc... can get off free and clear when judgment comes by suddenly accepting Christ. Seems to good to be true.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 5:52:37 PM
At 2/28/2014 5:47:42 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

And how come you're not considering the possibility that the bible is just complete nonsense? I mean, it's the same thing, basically.

I understand, but did it not ever occur to you that maybe there WAS a point in my life where I actually didn't believe the Bible.. Or God.. I doubted ... I am not glad I did, but its what brought me to be stronger in believing than when I didn't..
"Good Times" ~ Max
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 5:55:15 PM
At 2/28/2014 5:50:07 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

what do you mean??

Basically, girls look to their fathers for protection. And if the father is viewed inadequately, then there's often need there for a delusion, a belief in some "Heavenly Father", so that girls can function. Not just girls, though, of course. And so he made her feel really bad about her father, then suggested that this other thing could exist, this "Heavenly Father", and all of a sudden this girl had a religious experience. That's actually why God is referred to as "The Father" too - because it's really just manipulation of your fear.

mmmm, idk sounds kinda wrong the way he's going about it then... Do you by chance have videos I can view by him to see what he's about? Obviously I'm gonna watch it..

But it's exactly the same way the bible and the church do it. Derren Brown just makes it more personal. If he's wrong, then the bible is too. He's an atheist, of course.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 5:57:26 PM
At 2/28/2014 5:52:37 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 2/28/2014 5:47:42 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

I understand, but did it not ever occur to you that maybe there WAS a point in my life where I actually didn't believe the Bible.. Or God.. I doubted ... I am not glad I did, but its what brought me to be stronger in believing than when I didn't..

Amm, what? What does not believing have to do with believing? Because you didn't believe, you're now correct in believing?
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 5:58:40 PM
I can't find an individual video, by the way, but you could always watch the full documentary: "Fear and Faith: Derren Brown".
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 6:01:47 PM
At 2/28/2014 5:52:04 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
I like what you said there. "Seems to good to be true.."
That's how I think of the bible. "Seems to good to be true.." Would it be nice that Jesus sacrificed himself for me? Maybe, but it seems to good to be true. Especially when we factor in the fact that a rapist, murderer, etc... can get off free and clear when judgment comes by suddenly accepting Christ. Seems to good to be true.

Buuuuut, why does that bother you though?? I don't understand?? Why would it bother someone if they can be forgiven and be saved?? That just doesn't make sense??... 0.o
Wouldn't you rather be given a SECOND chance and forgiven than to deal with the second death?? Example, I'll even go as far as using a relative of mine just to get my point across.. So this relative of mine, was charged with assault and resistance to arrest.. My relative was looking at 15 yrs in prison, but was let off with a 5 yr probation.. Given a second chance to redeem self.. Now try to look at it from God's point of view.. If He was "evil" or whatever people think He is then why would He have bothered even setting a way for people to be saved and forgiven.. That is mercy, love, and grace... Otherwise, had Jesus never came to the world and died for the sins and take God's wrath upon Himself as a sacrifice to save us than there's no doubt after we would all die we would be doomed for hell regardless of any good works we would try to earn grace, but because of Christ we have been given grace FREELY! There is hope of freedom and salvation.. Why is this hard to take in or accept??
"Good Times" ~ Max
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 6:03:07 PM
At 2/28/2014 5:58:40 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I can't find an individual video, by the way, but you could always watch the full documentary: "Fear and Faith: Derren Brown".

I will... Definitely...
"Good Times" ~ Max
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 6:04:15 PM
At 2/28/2014 6:03:07 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

I will... Definitely...

No you won't, and if you won't draw comparison between it and the bible.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 6:04:29 PM
At 2/28/2014 5:20:12 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Dynamo, Etc.

Do these people actually have magic powers? Are they perhaps heretical Saints? Is the end near?

When he walks on water he's actually stepping on super clear glass. When someone swims under him, there's an upside down U shape that he's stepping on.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 6:05:26 PM
At 2/28/2014 6:04:15 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

I will... Definitely...

These sort of mistakes are fascinating. That should be "If you do, you won't draw comparisons between it and the bible" though.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 6:06:21 PM
At 2/28/2014 6:04:29 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
Dynamo, Etc.

When he walks on water he's actually stepping on super clear glass. When someone swims under him, there's an upside down U shape that he's stepping on.

Maybe he's just a figment of your imagination.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 6:06:56 PM
At 2/28/2014 5:55:15 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 2/28/2014 5:50:07 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

what do you mean??

Basically, girls look to their fathers for protection. And if the father is viewed inadequately, then there's often need there for a delusion, a belief in some "Heavenly Father", so that girls can function. Not just girls, though, of course. And so he made her feel really bad about her father, then suggested that this other thing could exist, this "Heavenly Father", and all of a sudden this girl had a religious experience. That's actually why God is referred to as "The Father" too - because it's really just manipulation of your fear.

And manipulation is wrong :/
That's never a good reason to believe in God..
Believing in God is something you learn and figure out yourself.. Not by manipulation :/

But it's exactly the same way the bible and the church do it. Derren Brown just makes it more personal. If he's wrong, then the bible is too. He's an atheist, of course.

I don't see how that is the same way? Where I attend church, it is not like that. And why would an atheist manipulate girls to believing in God though? That just confuses me like cray... 0.o

Btw, my asking questions here is just to learn about your view and understand you.. Its not to say things outta any other purpose :) I PROMISE!
"Good Times" ~ Max
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 6:07:34 PM
At 2/28/2014 6:06:21 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 2/28/2014 6:04:29 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
Dynamo, Etc.

Maybe he's just a figment of your imagination.

He's a mental construct made up of mostly color qualia and abstract thoughts... Yes, I tend towards idealism/panpsychism ;)
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 6:08:43 PM
At 2/28/2014 6:04:15 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

I will... Definitely...

Uhhh, why would you say I wouldn't when I just said that I would? I watched the video you posted and watched it to the end not knowing how long it would be... But I was curious what you posted..
"Good Times" ~ Max