Jump to topic:

Would You Accept It

bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 7:59:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Let's say that you're a Muslim. You die and you go to Heaven. In Heaven, you find out that the God of the Bible is real, and not Allah. What do you do then? Would you bow before the God of the Bible, or would you refuse?

Likewise, let's say that you're a Christian who died. You go to Heaven, just to realize that the god of the Quran is real, and not the God of the Bible. What do you do then? Would you bow before Allah, or would you refuse?

I'm not trying to offend anybody here. I'm just curious to know: if you got to Heaven and realized that some other religion was true, would you be willing to bow to another god that you never believed in or worshiped during your human life?
Sswdwm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 8:08:31 PM
At 2/28/2014 7:59:44 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Let's say that you're a Muslim. You die and you go to Heaven. In Heaven, you find out that the God of the Bible is real, and not Allah. What do you do then? Would you bow before the God of the Bible, or would you refuse?

Likewise, let's say that you're a Christian who died. You go to Heaven, just to realize that the god of the Quran is real, and not the God of the Bible. What do you do then? Would you bow before Allah, or would you refuse?

I'm not trying to offend anybody here. I'm just curious to know: if you got to Heaven and realized that some other religion was true, would you be willing to bow to another god that you never believed in or worshiped during your human life?

This was one of the things that made me stop believing, the fact that there were so many mutually exclusive claims to divinity. I'm not either but I wouldn't bow to either and worship even if I knew one of them was true heaven or here right now on Earth.

The notion of 'compulsory love' and worship for your creator is one I find rather disgusting. I don't accept ownership over my thoughts and my body to anyone. And the demand for it seems pathetically... petty, so no.
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:

God most likely exists:
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 8:40:43 PM
At 2/28/2014 8:08:31 PM, Sswdwm wrote:

This was one of the things that made me stop believing, the fact that there were so many mutually exclusive claims to divinity. I'm not either but I wouldn't bow to either and worship even if I knew one of them was true heaven or here right now on Earth.

The notion of 'compulsory love' and worship for your creator is one I find rather disgusting. I don't accept ownership over my thoughts and my body to anyone. And the demand for it seems pathetically... petty, so no.

Sswdwm to love God is to do his will... Just this simple!!
The will of God is 1) Love him
2) Love neighbor!

What is love?
Simple.... Love is: GIVING of your self to another from the heart!

Sswdwm GIVING is what gets you into heaven!!!

You are NOT >>WORKING<< your way into heaven if you GIVE!! GIVING means you do not expect a reward or payment!

You are wrong ... 'compulsory love' and worship for your creator is one I find rather disgusting. I don't accept ownership over my thoughts and my body to anyone. And the demand for it seems pathetically... petty, so no.

You own your own self...!
No one forces you to do a thing!!!!!
FACT IS>>> If you were FORCED to GIVE: If you were FORCED to LOVE then your giving would not be "GIFT!" Then you love would not be "True Love"!!!
Sswdwm Think.. You are mixed up.. Satan has twisted you in his direction!!
Sswdwm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 8:52:27 PM
At 2/28/2014 8:40:43 PM, Dogknox wrote:

And to love me is for my human slaves to do my will, wouldn't you agree? I don't see how you can draw the distinction.

2) Love neighbor!

What is love?

You are NOT >>WORKING<< your way into heaven if you GIVE!! GIVING means you do not expect a reward or payment!

Since the reward is getting into heaven, you have hence just refuted your own argument. The deal is - love God or be tortured for eternity. That is one disgusting notion, made worse by his worshippers proclamation that this is his act of 'love' towards us...

You are wrong ... 'compulsory love' and worship for your creator is one I find rather disgusting. I don't accept ownership over my thoughts and my body to anyone. And the demand for it seems pathetically... petty, so no.

If I hold a gun to your head, and say, you are free to do whatever you want.... but if you do not do as I say I will pull the trigger, am I not forcing you do do something? Give me a break.

FACT IS>>> If you were FORCED to GIVE: If you were FORCED to LOVE then your giving would not be "GIFT!" Then you love would not be "True Love"!!!

You're welcome to believe that, don't go thinking you have made a point here though.

God most likely exists:
SolarSista
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 9:13:02 PM

In most religions, if you die without believing the specific god or doing some kind of sacred ritual, you're doomed to Hell whether you bow to that god or not.

So, I guess I'm screwed either way.
"Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people." - Carl Sagan
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 9:16:09 PM

2) Love neighbor!

What is love?

YEAH SSW, your not being forced to love doggy's god. But if you don't then you gonna burn forever and ever and ever and ever and ever.

No force. bwuahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 9:18:09 PM
At 2/28/2014 9:13:02 PM, SolarSista wrote:

In most religions, if you die without believing the specific god or doing some kind of sacred ritual, you're doomed to Hell whether you bow to that god or not.

Take heart from the fact that ALL the interesting people will be in hell with ya Sista.
SolarSista
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 9:23:01 PM
At 2/28/2014 9:18:09 PM, bulproof wrote:

Take heart from the fact that ALL the interesting people will be in hell with ya Sista.

Well, at least that would be something to look forward to. ;)
Paartaaayyy~
"Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people." - Carl Sagan
Measure
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 10:40:29 AM

How did you make it there in the first place? Then it will answer the question.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 10:44:22 AM
At 3/1/2014 10:40:29 AM, Measure wrote:

How did you make it there in the first place? Then it will answer the question.

I believe that everybody, whether they end up in Heaven or Hell, will first stand before God to face the White Throne Judgment.
Now, what would you do?
Sswdwm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 10:44:36 AM
At 3/1/2014 10:38:36 AM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Atheists, if you died and discovered that God is real, would you bow before Him?

I already answered you in my first post, the answer was no.

God most likely exists:
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 10:45:17 AM
At 3/1/2014 10:44:36 AM, Sswdwm wrote:
Atheists, if you died and discovered that God is real, would you bow before Him?

Thank you.
Sswdwm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 10:49:16 AM
At 3/1/2014 10:45:17 AM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 3/1/2014 10:44:36 AM, Sswdwm wrote:

Thank you.

It's not to say I have an automatic compulsion not to do so.

If I genuinely felt a God was deserving of my love being given to it, then it will happen if I saw God. But it doesn't get automatic entitlement of it being my creator, or having ownership over me, and I already mentioned why in the case of the bible and Qu'ran, that was definitely not going to be the case if the character in those stories is all I have to go on.

God most likely exists:
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 6:40:26 PM
At 2/28/2014 8:52:27 PM, Sswdwm wrote:

And to love me is for my human slaves to do my will, wouldn't you agree? I don't see how you can draw the distinction.

2) Love neighbor!

What is love?

Since the reward is getting into heaven, you have hence just refuted your own argument. The deal is - love God or be tortured for eternity. That is one disgusting notion, made worse by his worshippers proclamation that this is his act of 'love' towards us...

If I hold a gun to your head, and say, you are free to do whatever you want.... but if you do not do as I say I will pull the trigger, am I not forcing you do do something? Give me a break.

You're welcome to believe that, don't go thinking you have made a point here though.

Sswdwm You are mixed up... LOVE is your choice!!
Hear me out.... You choose to love or hate!! "YOUR CHOICE"!!!
God IS LOVE!!!
You are made in the image of God...
Not animals they cannot love, they do not have a choice!!!
Pigs cannot love and the reverse, they cannot hate!

Sswdwm You decide if you want to go to heaven NOT God, it is not God' decision it is yours!!!!
IF....
Sswdwm if you decide to love then you will go up!!
If you decide NOT to love then you go down!!

God does not send you down.. It is you.. You have no one to blame for your predicament you find yourself in.. No one except "YOU"!

Sswdwm God does NOT send you.. God supplies the place, it is you who decides your own fate!

Satan twists "love" to mean "Self Pleasure", he twists "Love" to mean; ME and what I can GET!!
NO ONE can force you to love!!!
The true meaning of LOVE is to; "Let Go Of Self, for others!"

Jesus did just that.. Jesus gave his ALL... Completely on the cross, he let go of his very life for you.. A pure act of love!!!
Sswdwm No one forced Jesus to GIVE his Life to you!!!

Your words... If I hold a gun to your head, and say, you are free to do whatever you want.... but if you do not do as I say I will pull the trigger, am I not forcing you do do something? Give me a break.

Fact is; You are holding the gun to your own head... YOU blame everyone but yourself for not going to eternal happy bliss!

The man in Gehenna the place of Satan, will curse Jesus. Those in Gehenna will blame Jesus for not being able to die! They will try all manner of ways to kill themselves but none will work, all they will end up doing in their effort is increasing the suffering!

Sswdwm Jesus destroyed death on the cross.. Death is no more!!!!
Today, men want to live forever... Living to experience every pleasure of self indulgence! BUT>>> After they die and leave this world for "Gehenna" the place of Satan and eternal fire they will want nothing but "Death"!!
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 6:45:51 PM

It depends if the Muslim God is all-loving or not.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 6:48:45 PM

SolarSista So you say... But not the truth!!!!
You have confused yourself into believing what is not the truth!!

If you die without LOVE... The you are screwed!!!
LOVE is >>>GIVING<<< of self!!!!
GIVING of self from the heart!

Prostitutes do not GIVE themselves... They SELL themselves!!!

Jesus GAVE his life for your life!!!
Jesus GIVES you his life so you will not die!!!
Jesus LOVES Completely... TOTALLY Giving his body, soul and his divinity, his "ALL" completely to be totally consumed in Perfect LOVE of you!!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 6:51:21 PM

What neither Christian or Muslim knows is that we were created in the Kingdom of Heaven. This means no one is GOING to Heaven. We already exist in Heaven.
Sswdwm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 6:56:57 PM
Your portrayal of me holding the gun to my own head is a rather absurd one. As I would never put the gun at my own head. I would never make the choice of 'love God, or suffer, for eternity'.

The choice is simple, it's either/or. An emotional blackmail with torturous consequences for not yielding. God is the one in control of who goes to heaven/hell, as I understand from your Bible. God is the one holding the gun, he is the one who is making the demand.

Just so you know, most non-Christians don't understand the presupposition you make in order for anyone to understand what you mean by this sentence. I won't address it for now though, just letting you know.

Today, men want to live forever... Living to experience every pleasure of self indulgence! BUT>>> After they die and leave this world for "Gehenna" the place of Satan and eternal fire they will want nothing but "Death"!!

Again this sentence is riddled with so many presuppositions that scream objection to me that I cannot form a remotely intelligible response to this.

God most likely exists:
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 7:22:16 PM
At 3/1/2014 6:56:57 PM, Sswdwm wrote:
Your portrayal of me holding the gun to my own head is a rather absurd one. As I would never put the gun at my own head. I would never make the choice of 'love God, or suffer, for eternity'.

The choice is simple, it's either/or. An emotional blackmail with torturous consequences for not yielding. God is the one in control of who goes to heaven/hell, as I understand from your Bible. God is the one holding the gun, he is the one who is making the demand.

Just so you know, most non-Christians don't understand the presupposition you make in order for anyone to understand what you mean by this sentence. I won't address it for now though, just letting you know.

Again this sentence is riddled with so many presuppositions that scream objection to me that I cannot form a remotely intelligible response to this.

Sswdwm I did post the scriptures to back my words.. You post nothing except "What you >>THINK<< is truth!"

You were the first to mention a gun being held to your head... I just put the gun in the proper hand!

AGAIN.... God does not send you.. You send yourself to hell!

LOOK..
1 John 4:16
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

"God is LOVE!"

Second part.... If you LOVE you have God inside of you.. God is LOVE!
IF....
Sswdwm if you love, if you have "God in you" then you are; IN God!!!
LOGIC ALONE tells you: If you have God inside of you then God would be going to hell if you were to go there!!! SO.....
IF.... You have God inside of you..
"If you GIVE of your self from the heart to another" then you will NOT go to hell!

God lives in heaven!!
If you have God in you.. If you have LOVE in you then you go to where God lives!!!
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 9:26:03 PM
At 3/1/2014 7:22:16 PM, Dogknox wrote:

You've got that arse backwards.

Hell is the default that your god has set.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 11:35:00 PM
At 3/1/2014 9:26:03 PM, bulproof wrote:

You've got that arse backwards.

Hell is the default that your god has set.
THINK........
Your soul must go someplace!!!
Only love is allowed into heaven!!!

Your words... Hell is the default that your god has set.

I reply... AND your point is???! Is it; You cannot LOVE?! Is it; "Love is wrong"!!?

God is LOVE! You must love to be "In God"!!
If your soul is not going to heaven where it was meant to go.... Then your soul goes where it was not meant to go!!! It is just this simple...!!

QUESTION: If a soul is without love... You tell me.. Should the love-less soul still go to heaven???

bulproof Satan does NOT love, "Satan HATES you", he hates all people..... Instead of becoming "One with God" the man with NO love becomes "One with Satan"!

John 6:56
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. .... (remains in me, and I in them.)

John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one. ....... (so that they may be one as we are one)

John 17:22
I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one" ..... (they may be one as we are one)

1 Corinthians 10:17
Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf. ........ ( are one body,)

bulproof Don't forget to answer the QUESTION.
mrsatan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2014 1:01:16 AM

Honestly, it depends on the character of said God. I agree with Ssw that my creation alone is not enough to warrant admiration.

If this God were sending anyone to be eternally tormented, then I would not. Imo, no sin or finite number of sins is deserving of eternal torment, and so I find eternal torment to be a despicable concept, and I like to think I would have the courage to tell such a God just that.

However, if this God were truly a good god, and allowed me the time to see this in his actions through my own eyes (which I imagine a good god would, in fact, allow) then yes, I would. I would be surprised if he expected or even wanted me to bow before him (This really does strike me as too petty for such a being), but I would do so with or without such an expectation, out of respect for such a being as a good god. More than that, I'm sure in the time it took me to judge the character of this God, I would come to love him very much as well.

Of course, I can't really give you a definite yes or no on this. Again, it all depends on Gods character, which I would have to judge based on Gods actions. There are SOOOOOO many possibilities to what God might be that the best I can say is: If his actions reveal a character that meets (or exceeds) my standards for goodness, then yes. If not, then it depends how far short he falls, and in what aspects.
To say one has free will, to have chosen other than they did, is to say they have will over their will... Will over the will they have over their will... Will over the will they have over the will they have over their will, etc... It's utter nonsense.
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2014 1:57:39 PM
At 3/1/2014 6:56:57 PM, Sswdwm wrote:

Sswdwm I did post the scriptures to back my words.. You post nothing except "What you >>THINK<< is truth!"

So, you don't post that which you think is truth?

You were the first to mention a gun being held to your head... I just put the gun in the proper hand!

God created you; God created Hell. God said if you don't love me, I'm going to send you to Hell. How is that not God's sending you to Hell? When I was a little boy, my father said if I didn't obey him, he was going to spank me. Sometimes, I would disobey him; and, he would spank me. Sometimes, I would disobey him; and, he would not. Notice, how I put the emphasis, on him; because, if it were left up to me, I wouldn't get spanked.

LOOK..
1 John 4:16
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

"God is LOVE!"

Second part.... If you LOVE you have God inside of you.. God is LOVE!
IF....
Sswdwm if you love, if you have "God in you" then you are; IN God!!!
LOGIC ALONE tells you: If you have God inside of you then God would be going to hell if you were to go there!!! SO.....
IF.... You have God inside of you..
"If you GIVE of your self from the heart to another" then you will NOT go to hell!

God lives in heaven!!
If you have God in you.. If you have LOVE in you then you go to where God lives!!!
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2014 2:01:33 PM

I would just point to the earth and say: "Seriously. Stop. Fix that ****."

Why the hell would I bow? If God wanted to tile the universe with kneeling he would have done so.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2014 2:47:09 PM

Well, I'm an atheist, so I will take this as 'I am an atheist who dies and finds out that a personal deity exists'.

If that happened, I would probably have some pointed questions for that deity. In my head, I can see myself flipping god off, but I'm a spineless non-aggressive, so realistically, me giving him a blowjob would be a more likely series of events.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2014 2:48:45 PM
At 2/28/2014 9:23:01 PM, SolarSista wrote:

Paartaaayyy~

I'll be there too. Watching you. I'm pretty hyper-sexual, so if you have clothes in hell, you should leave them on.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
SolarSista
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2014 3:02:12 PM
At 3/2/2014 2:48:45 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
At 2/28/2014 9:23:01 PM, SolarSista wrote:

Paartaaayyy~

I'll be there too. Watching you. I'm pretty hyper-sexual, so if you have clothes in hell, you should leave them on.

Aw, but clothes are such a bother~
Also, it'll probably be pretty hot down there. What, with the fire and brimstone and all...