Total Posts:26|Showing Posts:1-26
Jump to topic:

Scientology's Dirty Little Secrets.

bradv42
Posts: 30
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2010 6:27:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I would like to mention before hand that I do not think that Scientology is a religion. However, it is considered a religion in the United States, therefore I figured I would post this topic on the forums revolving around religion.

Scientology does alt of stuff wrong, this is one of them......

Members of the Church of Scientology operate through a series of "levels", after they reach the state of clear they move on to the OT levels. Now, if you are under OTIII you probably will not know the Xenu story. The Xenu story is supposedly the "secret documents of the church", which have been revealed over the years. Now, dispite this fact, a surprising amount of people arn't even aware of it.

This is the Xenu story in a small nutshell, it will show you how strange the "religion" really is. Scientology states that 250 billion years ago an evil space overlord named Xenu lost political power. He brought people to the planet earth, which back then was known as Teegeeack, and lined them around volcanoes on islands that wouldn't even have existed at this time period! The souls of the victems, known as thetans were captured by Xenu and brainwashed with every world wide religion (Christianity, Islam, and so on...) These body theatans then attached themselves to the human populace, brainwashing them. That's the goofy story in a nutshell. If you do not believe me, here is a link to the material in the founder of Scientology, L. Ron Hubbard's own writting. http://www.cs.cmu.edu... And if you still don't believe me, here is the whole story in his own words! Shown in the videos on the side.

Members of the Church of Scientology pay thousands of dollars to get to the OT levels where they learn this! And, when they get their, they have already spent all that money, and are so psycologically brainwashed that they don't leave! So here is my point, Scientology should openly mention Xenu to members who are unaware so the members know what they are getting into. I think that making people spend alt of money to learn how rediculouse Scientology really is, well, it's wrong.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2010 6:53:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Scientology makes more sense than Christianity. However, both are still bs. In fact, Christianity has a million more dirty little secrets than Scientology and steals more money with the same brainwash methods.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
bradv42
Posts: 30
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2010 7:05:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Actually, when it comes to Christianity it depends on the congregation, since there is more then one faction of Christianity. Scientology can be linked to many lawful, and moral crimes. I'm not saying Christianity can't, I mean it can, I'm just saying you need to be careful with what you choose to believe.
bradv42
Posts: 30
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2010 9:15:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Well, Christianity has a more supernatural and spritual aspect to their beliefs. Scientology has a supernatural and spiritual aspect aswell, however it's mixed into a pseudo science of sorts. In the end however, it deosn't matter which religion is more cooky, that's simply a matter of indevidual opinion.

I personally don't care what they believe, I mean if they truely believe in the Xenu story more power to them. I think it's a funny belief, but that is simply a personnal opinion. It's more taboo to me because I am more used to being surounded by other common religiouse views.

But other religions aside, Scientology has a unique quality to it. It's their methods of recruiting, and the kind of people they go after which is honestly very interesting. It's connestions with Hollywood and the celebrity world, as well as it's hostile attitude toward critics can really draw an eye. It's very unfortunet most people do not know about the corruption within it though, despite it being easy to find through online sources.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2010 9:21:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/22/2010 9:15:36 PM, bradv42 wrote:
Well, Christianity has a more supernatural and spritual aspect to their beliefs. Scientology has a supernatural and spiritual aspect aswell, however it's mixed into a pseudo science of sorts. In the end however, it deosn't matter which religion is more cooky, that's simply a matter of indevidual opinion.

I personally don't care what they believe, I mean if they truely believe in the Xenu story more power to them. I think it's a funny belief, but that is simply a personnal opinion. It's more taboo to me because I am more used to being surounded by other common religiouse views.

I hate it when people say: "That's just your opinion"

For that's just what they say when they have no justification for their own, know it, and want to latch onto some excuse that would allow them to keep it anyway.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
bradv42
Posts: 30
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2010 2:24:25 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I hate it when people say: "That's just your opinion"

For that's just what they say when they have no justification for their own, know it, and want to latch onto some excuse that would allow them to keep it anyway.

Well... Lucky you it's not my way of justifying my words. I was simply explaining that different people see religion in a different light. I stated my opinion, and even told you why I had that opinion. I am also annoyed when people say "That's just my opinion." without telling you why it's their opinion, but I told you why.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2010 3:48:35 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/22/2010 6:27:08 PM, bradv42 wrote:
I would like to mention before hand that I do not think that Scientology is a religion. However, it is considered a religion in the United States, therefore I figured I would post this topic on the forums revolving around religion.

Scientology does alt of stuff wrong, this is one of them......

Members of the Church of Scientology operate through a series of "levels", after they reach the state of clear they move on to the OT levels. Now, if you are under OTIII you probably will not know the Xenu story. The Xenu story is supposedly the "secret documents of the church", which have been revealed over the years. Now, dispite this fact, a surprising amount of people arn't even aware of it.

This is the Xenu story in a small nutshell, it will show you how strange the "religion" really is. Scientology states that 250 billion years ago an evil space overlord named Xenu lost political power. He brought people to the planet earth, which back then was known as Teegeeack, and lined them around volcanoes on islands that wouldn't even have existed at this time period! The souls of the victems, known as thetans were captured by Xenu and brainwashed with every world wide religion (Christianity, Islam, and so on...) These body theatans then attached themselves to the human populace, brainwashing them. That's the goofy story in a nutshell. If you do not believe me, here is a link to the material in the founder of Scientology, L. Ron Hubbard's own writting. http://www.cs.cmu.edu... And if you still don't believe me, here is the whole story in his own words! Shown in the videos on the side.



Members of the Church of Scientology pay thousands of dollars to get to the OT levels where they learn this! And, when they get their, they have already spent all that money, and are so psycologically brainwashed that they don't leave! So here is my point, Scientology should openly mention Xenu to members who are unaware so the members know what they are getting into. I think that making people spend alt of money to learn how rediculouse Scientology really is, well, it's wrong.

Scientology is the perfect religion (in the 'man-made' sense of the word) because it has NO God; and so NO rules to break or judgement to face.

Hubbard was a mediocre sci-fi writer who openly boasted that if one 'really wanted to make money one should start a religion'..
He dabbled in the Occult (JUST like Joseph Smith and the rest of them) and THAT is the real source of scientology: Satan.
The Cross.. the Cross.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2010 7:42:08 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 1/22/2010 6:53:02 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Scientology makes more sense than Christianity. However, both are still bs. In fact, Christianity has a million more dirty little secrets than Scientology and steals more money with the same brainwash methods.

You are out of this world, you are on another planet which you would probably admit. Catholics have dirty little secrets and I don't consider them as Christians. Scientology and your belief are both in the same box to me, you can rape them both up and send them both into a mouth of a volcano for all I care.
banker
Posts: 1,370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2010 6:54:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Its amaizing to see how hatefull athiests are...! Blaming christians for all evil...!!!
comparing all cults and pointing out christianity is worse.? Their is so meny alternative versions and just combining them all as worse then everythinh.? Only hate could explain that..?
Its interesting to see how athiest hypOcrites understand how athiests could never be blamed .! But chritianity bieng so diverse is not eligible for the same excuse..!!!
Now its good to learn what it takes to be athiest..!!! I just wonder aside hate what else does it take..?
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
Metallicker
Posts: 44
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2010 9:07:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/23/2010 7:42:08 AM, GodSands wrote:
: At 1/22/2010 6:53:02 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Scientology makes more sense than Christianity. However, both are still bs. In fact, Christianity has a million more dirty little secrets than Scientology and steals more money with the same brainwash methods.

You are out of this world, you are on another planet which you would probably admit. Catholics have dirty little secrets and I don't consider them as Christians. Scientology and your belief are both in the same box to me, you can rape them both up and send them both into a mouth of a volcano for all I care.

Thats good old christian tolerance there isn't it? Yes I disagree with the way scientology recruits people and exploits them, but really, how are their beliefs anymore ridiculous than yours? You both believe in fairy tales, the only difference is the parable that is scientology is a much more recent development.

At 1/23/2010 6:54:52 PM, banker wrote:
Its amaizing to see how hatefull athiests are...! Blaming christians for all evil...!!!
comparing all cults and pointing out christianity is worse.? Their is so meny alternative versions and just combining them all as worse then everythinh.? Only hate could explain that..?
Its interesting to see how athiest hypOcrites understand how athiests could never be blamed .! But chritianity bieng so diverse is not eligible for the same excuse..!!!
Now its good to learn what it takes to be athiest..!!! I just wonder aside hate what else does it take..?

Not hateful at all. Merely pointing out that the beliefs (not recruitment methods or brainwashing tactics, the actual BELIEF) that scientologists hold are every bit as logical as your christian beliefs, or any other religion for that matter. I don't see anyone here blaming christians for all evil, but i still haven't seen any violent crimes committed in the name of atheism.
Atheism isn't based on hate or intolerance, its based on logic and intelligence. Generally the more intelligent a population of people, the less religious they are.
sherlockmethod
Posts: 317
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2010 11:24:09 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Not only is Scientology a joke, but Martin Gardner said as much in the 1950's. I recommend his book, "Fads and Fallicies in the name of science" I think that is the title. I have read some of Hubbard's Sci Fi stuff. Mission Earth is a 10 volume set with some fun characters, but it is not great. Scientology is a long running fad and it will fall away.
Library cards: Stopping stupid one book at a time.
banker
Posts: 1,370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2010 4:53:36 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Your disregard to all points how you blanket all christians ,proves that you lack the comperhansion needed to rationalise..!
Your ganerilizations proves that not only your not comperhanding ,your not honest niether..!
You came out with a study that the higher ones. I,Q the less religious the are..! Please give us the source of that study..!

The very fact your not believing in afterlife and global contiousness that would stop you from crime ,makes you more evil...!
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
Metallicker
Posts: 44
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2010 6:26:40 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/24/2010 4:53:36 AM, banker wrote:
Your disregard to all points how you blanket all christians ,proves that you lack the comperhansion needed to rationalise..!
Your ganerilizations proves that not only your not comperhanding ,your not honest niether..!
You came out with a study that the higher ones. I,Q the less religious the are..! Please give us the source of that study..!

The very fact your not believing in afterlife and global contiousness that would stop you from crime ,makes you more evil...!

http://www.humanreligions.info...

I suggest you read the entire article banker. If you do a simple google search you will find countless studies reaching the same conclusion.

Now I understand how you communicate;

Your disregard to my entire post albeit one statement about IQ proves you lack the comprehension needed to rationalize!
The very fact you accept belief without any empirical evidence tends to make you less intelligent and may affect the IQ of your children!
The fact that your morals are based on fear and judgement whilst mine are based on compassion and good will, makes you evil!
Your spelling and grammar alone prove my argument that religion tends to make you less intelligent!
bradv42
Posts: 30
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2010 2:26:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Banker, Metal... I fear that your insults may be signs of you two letting your feelings get into a simple argument. We are all friends here, joined together by the power of the internet because of our love of knowledge. There is no need for hostilities, or judgements on intelligence.

Now, there are plenty of forum topics and debates on this website to discuss Christain theology on. I am asking you, for the sake of all that this website stands for, please stay on topic.
banker
Posts: 1,370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 4:08:01 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Bradv I apolagise for the distraction I wonder why some have to make sure to slander christianity at every opportunity..!
While this topic is about a specific cult ,how is it related to christianity.? Hate is cuasing people to act in wierd ways ,even to make a defence like. "I am not hatefull since athiests only act with logic" "your defending your self with bad spallink,are hatefull becuase believers have dumb kids" now I am not going to refute that point ..! Why.? Becuase it proved my point in the best way ..!
Its also proved the theory about no need to believe in a higher concious, since he is cntroled by good will...! We experianced that good will first hand..! If your good will could not stop "logical" athiest from trolling against christians, "dumb cristians" surly won't be able to..!
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 1:53:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/25/2010 4:08:01 AM, banker wrote:
Bradv I apolagise for the distraction I wonder why some have to make sure to slander christianity at every opportunity..!
While this topic is about a specific cult ,how is it related to christianity.? Hate is cuasing people to act in wierd ways ,even to make a defence like. "I am not hatefull since athiests only act with logic" "your defending your self with bad spallink,are hatefull becuase believers have dumb kids" now I am not going to refute that point ..! Why.? Becuase it proved my point in the best way ..!
Its also proved the theory about no need to believe in a higher concious, since he is cntroled by good will...! We experianced that good will first hand..! If your good will could not stop "logical" athiest from trolling against christians, "dumb cristians" surly won't be able to..!

Banker, don't you think you're just being a bit hypocritical? You're getting upset because people are slandering christianity, but what about when you slander islam? Is that suddenly ok?
banker
Posts: 1,370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 2:24:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/25/2010 1:53:15 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 1/25/2010 4:08:01 AM, banker wrote:
Bradv I apolagise for the distraction I wonder why some have to make sure to slander christianity at every opportunity..!
While this topic is about a specific cult ,how is it related to christianity.? Hate is cuasing people to act in wierd ways ,even to make a defence like. "I am not hatefull since athiests only act with logic" "your defending your self with bad spallink,are hatefull becuase believers have dumb kids" now I am not going to refute that point ..! Why.? Becuase it proved my point in the best way ..!
Its also proved the theory about no need to believe in a higher concious, since he is cntroled by good will...! We experianced that good will first hand..! If your good will could not stop "logical" athiest from trolling against christians, "dumb cristians" surly won't be able to..!

Banker, don't you think you're just being a bit hypocritical? You're getting upset because people are slandering christianity, but what about when you slander islam? Is that suddenly ok?

so now we compare christianity to islam? or you just try to get a partner with one infidel to fight the other.?

its interesting how some actualy join islam who are the most active persecuters of christians,due to thier hate of christianity...!! it apears that insert is aware of that...!!

now how is it that if islam is for peace,and against teror, yet condemning teror is slandering islam?

i am confused !!!
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 2:32:09 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/25/2010 2:24:56 PM, banker wrote:
At 1/25/2010 1:53:15 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 1/25/2010 4:08:01 AM, banker wrote:
Bradv I apolagise for the distraction I wonder why some have to make sure to slander christianity at every opportunity..!
While this topic is about a specific cult ,how is it related to christianity.? Hate is cuasing people to act in wierd ways ,even to make a defence like. "I am not hatefull since athiests only act with logic" "your defending your self with bad spallink,are hatefull becuase believers have dumb kids" now I am not going to refute that point ..! Why.? Becuase it proved my point in the best way ..!
Its also proved the theory about no need to believe in a higher concious, since he is cntroled by good will...! We experianced that good will first hand..! If your good will could not stop "logical" athiest from trolling against christians, "dumb cristians" surly won't be able to..!

Banker, don't you think you're just being a bit hypocritical? You're getting upset because people are slandering christianity, but what about when you slander islam? Is that suddenly ok?

so now we compare christianity to islam? or you just try to get a partner with one infidel to fight the other.?

its interesting how some actualy join islam who are the most active persecuters of christians,due to thier hate of christianity...!! it apears that insert is aware of that...!!

now how is it that if islam is for peace,and against teror, yet condemning teror is slandering islam?

i am confused !!!

No, I just find it interesting how you find it ok to slander one religion while getting upset about others being slandered. And yes, I'm aware there's muslims who hate christianity. Muslims are supposed to respect jews and christians though. And no, condemming terror isn't slandering islam. However, labelling all muslims as blood-thirsty killers is slander.
banker
Posts: 1,370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 2:37:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/25/2010 2:32:09 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 1/25/2010 2:24:56 PM, banker wrote:
At 1/25/2010 1:53:15 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 1/25/2010 4:08:01 AM, banker wrote:
Bradv I apolagise for the distraction I wonder why some have to make sure to slander christianity at every opportunity..!
While this topic is about a specific cult ,how is it related to christianity.? Hate is cuasing people to act in wierd ways ,even to make a defence like. "I am not hatefull since athiests only act with logic" "your defending your self with bad spallink,are hatefull becuase believers have dumb kids" now I am not going to refute that point ..! Why.? Becuase it proved my point in the best way ..!
Its also proved the theory about no need to believe in a higher concious, since he is cntroled by good will...! We experianced that good will first hand..! If your good will could not stop "logical" athiest from trolling against christians, "dumb cristians" surly won't be able to..!

Banker, don't you think you're just being a bit hypocritical? You're getting upset because people are slandering christianity, but what about when you slander islam? Is that suddenly ok?

so now we compare christianity to islam? or you just try to get a partner with one infidel to fight the other.?

its interesting how some actualy join islam who are the most active persecuters of christians,due to thier hate of christianity...!! it apears that insert is aware of that...!!

now how is it that if islam is for peace,and against teror, yet condemning teror is slandering islam?

i am confused !!!

No, I just find it interesting how you find it ok to slander one religion while getting upset about others being slandered. And yes, I'm aware there's muslims who hate christianity. Muslims are supposed to respect jews and christians though. And no, condemming terror isn't slandering islam. However, labelling all muslims as blood-thirsty killers is slander.

The Muslim world needs to learn that Islam will be perceived by others as Muslims portray it. If Shariah justifies killing a human soul because he or she insulted the Prophet Muhammad or insulted Islam, then the Muslim world must not expect others to call Islam a peaceful religion and Westerners must not expect the outcome of this teaching to be anything but violence and barbarism. When the Muslim world changes its teaching and understanding of the religion to promote forgiveness for those who insult the religion (as described in Option 1) then and only then can Muslims demand that "Islam is the religion of peace
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
Rob1Billion
Posts: 1,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 8:33:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Look. The mormons are the only correct religion. These people are all wrong and are going to burn and rot in hell for infinite time:

atheists
catholics
evangelicals
scientologists
agnostics
born again christians
Islamists
Buddhists
people who only go to church once a week
fundamentalist christians
satanists
presbytarians
pastafarians <--- God has a special place for these people. He spaghettifies them in a home spaghetti maker and then eats them over and over again
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
banker
Posts: 1,370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 3:37:58 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Rob1 I was not aware that mormons where as hatefull,you talk for yourself.
I was not aware momons where jihading..! I seen you expressed excitment about haitians died..! Some how you decided to find humor in others pain..!
I hope you will get help soon.!
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable