Jump to topic:

Hypocrisy

Sophisto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2014 4:14:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
People love Wolverine for the same reason they hate Jesus. Fiction aside, they have the same annoying qualities: unbreakable, self-recovery, heightened senses, being the best at what they do yet what they do is not very nice.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2014 7:28:34 PM
At 3/4/2014 4:14:31 PM, Sophisto wrote:
People love Wolverine for the same reason they hate Jesus. Fiction aside, they have the same annoying qualities: unbreakable, self-recovery, heightened senses, being the best at what they do yet what they do is not very nice.

Sophisto good to meet you..

Hypocrisy is "SAYING " I believe the scriptures then turning around and rejecting the words of Jesus found in the scriptures!!

Hypocrisy is saying; "I believe in Jesus" but rejecting the words of "The Word" the author of the scriptures...

LOOK..
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Believing Jesus is to have LIFE eternally..... Right after 3:16 we read this..

31... The one who comes from heaven is above all. 32 He testifies to what he has seen and heard, but no one accepts his testimony. 33 Whoever has accepted it has certified that God is truthful. 34 For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit. 35 The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. 36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God"s wrath remains on them.

Do you see it... Verse 31 to 36 (above) point to the importance of believing the words of Jesus>> To have eternal life!

John 4:50 "Go," Jesus replied, "your son will live."
The man took Jesus at his word and departed.

Above verse 50... Jesus words.... MUST BE BELIEVED and ACCEPTED! (The Son lived)

But it continues in Chapter 5 of John... The importance of believing the words of Jesus to be called a "Believer"!
John 5:39 You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me,
40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.
41 "I do not accept glory from human beings,
42 but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts.
43 I have come in my Father"s name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.
44 How can you believe since you accept glory from one another but do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?
45 "But do not think I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set.
46 If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me.
47 But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?"
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 5:48:57 PM

I'm more of a Classical mythology person. When you discuss Greek and Roman beliefs (pre-Constantine that is) you don't have a group of people who will tell you it's all true. There probably are some, but they don't seem to be as vocal or numerous.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 5:49:20 PM
At 3/6/2014 5:48:57 PM, Lordgrae wrote:

I'm more of a Classical mythology person. When you discuss Greek and Roman beliefs (pre-Constantine that is) you don't have a group of people who will tell you it's all true. There probably are some, but they don't seem to be as vocal or numerous.

So...... I guess I prefer the cult of Dionysus to Jesus
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
tonick30
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 12:49:36 PM
Religious hypocrisy is when filthy rich cardinals in the Vatikan humbly say "Let us pray for those in pain.. May the Lord grant them shelter, food and compassion" whilst they have millions in the bank, a penthouse in Manhattan and drive expensive cars..

They are in fact no different than the hypocrites of the temple, the scribes and Pharisees that Jesus yelled at.. accusing them of hypocrisy, moral corruption and greed..
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 1:05:19 PM
At 3/8/2014 12:49:36 PM, tonick30 wrote:
Religious hypocrisy is when filthy rich cardinals in the Vatikan humbly say "Let us pray for those in pain.. May the Lord grant them shelter, food and compassion" whilst they have millions in the bank, a penthouse in Manhattan and drive expensive cars..

They are in fact no different than the hypocrites of the temple, the scribes and Pharisees that Jesus yelled at.. accusing them of hypocrisy, moral corruption and greed..

I couldn't agree more. Therefore, I shall create a related debate.
tonick30
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 1:10:04 PM
Why, thank you sir! I appreciate that!
I shall follow that debate closely..

And while you're at it you can create a debate about hypocrisy in politics.. They're two of a kind.. LOL
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 2:28:51 PM
Wolverine actually is only one step down from a messianic character. He's Jesus were Jesus filled with humanity, the wolf, and pissed off about it, but still good, spending most of his time looking for an honourable death at the least. He's as close to Jesus as we're able to get, basically. And then there's Sabertooth to drag him down more... Wolverine is a cool f*cking character.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 4:50:41 PM
At 3/4/2014 7:28:34 PM, Dogknox wrote:

Sophisto good to meet you..

Hypocrisy is "SAYING " I believe the scriptures then turning around and rejecting the words of Jesus found in the scriptures!!

Hypocrisy is saying; "I believe in Jesus" but rejecting the words of "The Word" the author of the scriptures...

LOOK..
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Believing Jesus is to have LIFE eternally..... Right after 3:16 we read this..

31... The one who comes from heaven is above all. 32 He testifies to what he has seen and heard, but no one accepts his testimony. 33 Whoever has accepted it has certified that God is truthful. 34 For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit. 35 The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. 36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God"s wrath remains on them.

Do you see it... Verse 31 to 36 (above) point to the importance of believing the words of Jesus>> To have eternal life!

John 4:50 "Go," Jesus replied, "your son will live."
The man took Jesus at his word and departed.

Above verse 50... Jesus words.... MUST BE BELIEVED and ACCEPTED! (The Son lived)

But it continues in Chapter 5 of John... The importance of believing the words of Jesus to be called a "Believer"!
John 5:39 You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me,
40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.
41 "I do not accept glory from human beings,
42 but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts.
43 I have come in my Father"s name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.
44 How can you believe since you accept glory from one another but do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?
45 "But do not think I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set.
46 If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me.
47 But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?"

Even with all you wrote here, you still don't hear My voice or obey My commandments. I'm not present in a book. I'm here today as your living God and the God who had His prophets and saints write about Me thousands of years ago.