Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

The Plan of Salvation

Moroni23
Posts: 235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 1:01:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The Plan of Salvation

The unfortunate thing about modern day Christianity (in my opinion), is that they have completely lost site from the actual teachings of Christ. Because of this we have more and more people questioning religion and declaring themselves Atheist because it "just doesn"t make sense". My hopes is that by explaining to you my believe in the Plan of Salvation, I can bring "sense" back into religion.
If you have some sort of scripture, or belief that discredits my belief in the Plan of Salvation, I ask that you DO NOT post it on this forum UNLESS you can provide your own explanation of God"s plan that answers all the same questions The Plan of Salvation does. If you are honestly curious about a certain scripture, or topic I speak about, you can post it and I will do my best to answer. I have no intentions of entering a religious debate with a bias, hard-headed, Christian who honestly does not care about my opinion.

The Plan of Salvation answers the following questions:
1)Where do we come from?
2)Why are we here, what is the purpose of life?
3)Why is there suffering in this world?
4)Why did an all-powerful God send down his only son to die for our sins, couldn"t he just forgive them himself?
5)Why are there so many different religions all fighting over the same God?
6)Why does the Bible contradict itself?
7)What happens to those of us who do not believe in the "right church", or never get baptized in the "right church"?
8)What happens to those of us who do not believe in God?
9)What happens to the billions of us who have never once heard the name of Christ, and had a chance to except him into their lives?
10)What happens when we die?

Please keep in mind that there is a LOT of detail that goes into every one of these stages. I am going to try and make this as elementary as possible. If you would like scripture references, or additional information feel free to ask.
The beginning
We all lived with our Father in Heaven before we came to this Earth. God is our literal Father in Heaven and he loves us because we are his literal children. We are not just another one of his toys and creations that he favors above all the rest. We did not have bodies when we lived with our Father in Heaven, but because we loved him, we wanted to be just like him. God came up with a plan.

The Plan
The plan was to test us to see what kind of body/responsibilities we could truly handle, or be "worthy" to handle. This naturally opens up the question, "If God knows the desires of our hearts, why would he have to test us?" Because God truly loves us, he wanted us to experience and know without a doubt that we deserve the outcome of the test. If you were taking a test in school and before the test started the teacher handed you a grade that said "F", you would have an issue with that no matter how much you trusted the teacher"s intuition. If you took the test and you earned an F, you would know without a doubt that you deserved that grade.

Jesus the Christ and the Laws of Justice
In the universe we have a law called the laws of Justice. This means that in order to have a functioning anything, you HAVE to have consequences for actions. If you break rules, you NEED to have some sort of punishment so the scales of justice can be balanced. It is no secret that we make mistakes, and because we make mistakes, it was inevitable that we would break the laws of Heaven. But God did not want to set us up for failure. There were two plans proposed.
We have heard that Satan is the "arc angel", but most Christians don"t truly understand what that means. Satan lived with us in Heaven and he too is a child of God. Satan was very controlling and believed that if we were to be tested, he wanted to make sure that all of us obtained an "A". He was to do this by taking away our agency, or our free will (right to choose right from wrong). By doing this, we would not make mistakes. In his plan he asked that he receive all the Glory.
Jesus Christ offered himself up as a sacrifice. To come to the world as the literal Son of God, and take upon himself all the sins of the world so that the laws of Justice can be fulfilled and we can still have our free agency. Not only did he offer to do this, but he offered to give all of the Glory to the Father.
Satan was upset that God choose Christ"s plan. He convinced 1/3 of the host of Heaven to turn against God and fight for his plan. Satan, along with all of his followers were "cast out of Heaven". It is now his goal to take away our free will by trapping us in addictions. He plans to make all of us as miserable as he is so he can show God that his plan was the right plan. 2/3rds of us choose to fight with God. Yes this means that EVERYBODY on this Earth once stood next to God and willingly chose to fight for him. Every Atheist and Satanist you see and talk to once stood next to God and fought for his plan.

Earth
Earth was created to be the place of testing. Each and every one of us has been sent to this earth to be tested. We obviously do not remember our pre-mortal existence. The test was designed for us to see the true desires of our hearts. If we were to remember our existence, it would compromise the outcome of the test. Part of our existence on this earth is to experience feelings of sorrow, anger, and suffering. We often look at this as a flaw in the plan, but if you truly understand it, it is nothing but a blessing. ONLY because we know what it means to be sad, we now know what it means to be happy. Because we know anger, we know how to forgive, and because we know suffering, we know joy. It is essential for us to experience suffering in this short life, so we can know for the rest of eternity the feelings of comfort, happiness, and joy.
Because Christ died for our sins, we are able to be saved and redeemed through him. If we are getting a D on the test and we come to him for help, he will change that D to an A. The only thing we need to do is let him into our lives, and allow him to help us. But what happens to all the people on this Earth that never heard of Christ"s name? Monks who live there whole life really trying to do the right thing. If God is really a loving God why would he condemn them all to burn in Hell for not accepting Jesus?

Spirit World
God truly loves us, and because he loves us he has set up a perfect plan. Those of us who die in this live, and have never had an opportunity to accept Christ, will be taught in the next life. Christ has set up a place called the spirit world. All of us will go to the spirit world when we die. We will either be in a place that resembles a "paradise" if we have accepted the savior and have been forgiven of our sins, or a "prison". The prison is named symbolically because you will be unable to progress into paradise until you have accepted Christ as your savior. Thus you are trapped. Everybody will be taught in the spirit world the gospel and will have a chance to accept it, or continue to reject it.

Judgment Day
The day will come when we will all be graded on our test. The grading process is perfect. Christ will judge us based on our actions, and whether or not we have accepted him into our life so we can be forgiven of our sins. Every single person who has eventually accepted Jesus Christ as the savior WILL enter into Heaven. This is what is meant by John 3:16 "whoever shall believe in me shall have eternal life". Eternal life is a free gift all of us have been given by the savior by just believing in him. But some of us live by different rules. People who live their life being patient, loving, and try every day to become more and more like Christ will not be happy living with murders, liars, inpatient, and hypocritical people. But according to Christ all who believe in him will enter Heaven"

I ran out of room will post a comment finishing up my thoughts:
Moroni23
Posts: 235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 1:02:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Heaven
God has set up a system where you will live by the laws you are comfortable living by.

Celestial Kingdom- Live with Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. In order to be placed in this kingdom you have to be without sin. You have to have tried so hard to be like the savior, that by the graces of the atonement you can actually be made perfect. These are people who are valiant in their testimonies, and love God unconditionally.

Terrestrial Kingdom- People who try to be good, love God, but have a problem living some of the laws required to make you "perfect".

Telestial Kingdom- Everybody else. People who do not want to live by the laws required of God.
If you DO NOT accept Christ as your savior, either in this life or the next, the laws of justice will have to be met and you will suffer for your sins. After you have suffered for you sins sufficient enough to meet the demands of Justice, you will live in the Telestial Kingdom.

Satan has been cast out of Heaven completely. The ONLY WAY you can be cast out of Heaven completely is by openly rebelling against God. This means that you know God is real, and openly choose to rebel against him.

I understand a lot of this is mind boggling and to the close minded you probably can"t see why anybody would believe in this. But I write this to those that are open minded. You might not agree with this, but this should answer every major question you have about religion. You should at least be able to finally see how the theist point of view can make sense too.

Steven Michael Anderson
superflymegastallion
Posts: 370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 5:09:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/6/2014 1:02:07 PM, Moroni23 wrote:
Heaven
God has set up a system where you will live by the laws you are comfortable living by.

Celestial Kingdom- Live with Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. In order to be placed in this kingdom you have to be without sin. You have to have tried so hard to be like the savior, that by the graces of the atonement you can actually be made perfect. These are people who are valiant in their testimonies, and love God unconditionally.

Terrestrial Kingdom- People who try to be good, love God, but have a problem living some of the laws required to make you "perfect".

Telestial Kingdom- Everybody else. People who do not want to live by the laws required of God.
If you DO NOT accept Christ as your savior, either in this life or the next, the laws of justice will have to be met and you will suffer for your sins. After you have suffered for you sins sufficient enough to meet the demands of Justice, you will live in the Telestial Kingdom.

Satan has been cast out of Heaven completely. The ONLY WAY you can be cast out of Heaven completely is by openly rebelling against God. This means that you know God is real, and openly choose to rebel against him.

I understand a lot of this is mind boggling and to the close minded you probably can"t see why anybody would believe in this. But I write this to those that are open minded. You might not agree with this, but this should answer every major question you have about religion. You should at least be able to finally see how the theist point of view can make sense too.

Steven Michael Anderson

Moroni? LDS I assume?
The major problem I have with what you have written is how do you know any of what you wrote to be correct.
Don't take that as a knock, because I respect your right to believe, but how can you back up any of your statements?
For example: "God has set up a system where you will live by the laws you are comfortable living by." How do you know that? How is it possible for you to know that you are correct while don't think you are? Please understand that you made a statement here as fact, but didn't show why it's a fact.
An example I would give would be like me saying "Cat's are more cute than dogs." I would have to say why that statement is a fact.
I respect your opinion, but don't accept statements like these as fact.
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 5:26:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/6/2014 5:09:04 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 3/6/2014 1:02:07 PM, Moroni23 wrote:
Heaven
God has set up a system where you will live by the laws you are comfortable living by.

Celestial Kingdom- Live with Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. In order to be placed in this kingdom you have to be without sin. You have to have tried so hard to be like the savior, that by the graces of the atonement you can actually be made perfect. These are people who are valiant in their testimonies, and love God unconditionally.

Terrestrial Kingdom- People who try to be good, love God, but have a problem living some of the laws required to make you "perfect".

Telestial Kingdom- Everybody else. People who do not want to live by the laws required of God.
If you DO NOT accept Christ as your savior, either in this life or the next, the laws of justice will have to be met and you will suffer for your sins. After you have suffered for you sins sufficient enough to meet the demands of Justice, you will live in the Telestial Kingdom.

Satan has been cast out of Heaven completely. The ONLY WAY you can be cast out of Heaven completely is by openly rebelling against God. This means that you know God is real, and openly choose to rebel against him.

I understand a lot of this is mind boggling and to the close minded you probably can"t see why anybody would believe in this. But I write this to those that are open minded. You might not agree with this, but this should answer every major question you have about religion. You should at least be able to finally see how the theist point of view can make sense too.

Steven Michael Anderson

Moroni? LDS I assume?

Based upon certain wordings and inflections (not to mention the name Moroni), I'd say you are right. I'd also suppose that "Moroni" is a young teenager, about 13 or 14.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
superflymegastallion
Posts: 370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 5:29:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/6/2014 5:26:16 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 3/6/2014 5:09:04 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 3/6/2014 1:02:07 PM, Moroni23 wrote:
Heaven
God has set up a system where you will live by the laws you are comfortable living by.

Celestial Kingdom- Live with Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. In order to be placed in this kingdom you have to be without sin. You have to have tried so hard to be like the savior, that by the graces of the atonement you can actually be made perfect. These are people who are valiant in their testimonies, and love God unconditionally.

Terrestrial Kingdom- People who try to be good, love God, but have a problem living some of the laws required to make you "perfect".

Telestial Kingdom- Everybody else. People who do not want to live by the laws required of God.
If you DO NOT accept Christ as your savior, either in this life or the next, the laws of justice will have to be met and you will suffer for your sins. After you have suffered for you sins sufficient enough to meet the demands of Justice, you will live in the Telestial Kingdom.

Satan has been cast out of Heaven completely. The ONLY WAY you can be cast out of Heaven completely is by openly rebelling against God. This means that you know God is real, and openly choose to rebel against him.

I understand a lot of this is mind boggling and to the close minded you probably can"t see why anybody would believe in this. But I write this to those that are open minded. You might not agree with this, but this should answer every major question you have about religion. You should at least be able to finally see how the theist point of view can make sense too.

Steven Michael Anderson

Moroni? LDS I assume?

Based upon certain wordings and inflections (not to mention the name Moroni), I'd say you are right. I'd also suppose that "Moroni" is a young teenager, about 13 or 14.
It's the name that got me. I once had a young man who worked for me, who was part of LDS, and I remember Moroni.
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 5:36:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/6/2014 5:29:43 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 3/6/2014 5:26:16 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 3/6/2014 5:09:04 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 3/6/2014 1:02:07 PM, Moroni23 wrote:
Heaven
God has set up a system where you will live by the laws you are comfortable living by.

Celestial Kingdom- Live with Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. In order to be placed in this kingdom you have to be without sin. You have to have tried so hard to be like the savior, that by the graces of the atonement you can actually be made perfect. These are people who are valiant in their testimonies, and love God unconditionally.

Terrestrial Kingdom- People who try to be good, love God, but have a problem living some of the laws required to make you "perfect".

Telestial Kingdom- Everybody else. People who do not want to live by the laws required of God.
If you DO NOT accept Christ as your savior, either in this life or the next, the laws of justice will have to be met and you will suffer for your sins. After you have suffered for you sins sufficient enough to meet the demands of Justice, you will live in the Telestial Kingdom.

Satan has been cast out of Heaven completely. The ONLY WAY you can be cast out of Heaven completely is by openly rebelling against God. This means that you know God is real, and openly choose to rebel against him.

I understand a lot of this is mind boggling and to the close minded you probably can"t see why anybody would believe in this. But I write this to those that are open minded. You might not agree with this, but this should answer every major question you have about religion. You should at least be able to finally see how the theist point of view can make sense too.

Steven Michael Anderson

Moroni? LDS I assume?

Based upon certain wordings and inflections (not to mention the name Moroni), I'd say you are right. I'd also suppose that "Moroni" is a young teenager, about 13 or 14.
It's the name that got me. I once had a young man who worked for me, who was part of LDS, and I remember Moroni.

Yes, and he's setting the stage for being asked questions concerning baptism for the dead.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
biomystic
Posts: 606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 6:07:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
"Moroni" is Italian for morons. Anyone who takes Joseph Smith's theology seriously doesn't think straight. Gentile visionaries never get our Jewish Scriptures right and always go off half-cocked with their own interpretations. We've got another one here in bornagain playing Gentile prophet of God. So many of you Gentile usurpers of our Jewish Scriptures starting with the Church Fathers editing the New Testament who knows which ways, then Muhammad, then Joe Smith, Mary Baker Eddy, 7th Day Adventists, J.W's, Jim Jones, David Koresh, the comet crazies, etc, etc, lot's of violence mixed in with these Gentile phonies and bornagain expects to be killed.

A crock of sheeite to this Jewish prophesy bearer. Salvation is of the Jews and that spiritual truth still holds and always will. Gentile religious visionaries using Jewish religious ideas for their territorial earthly kingdoms of church control are people to stay far away from.