Jump to topic:

An Argument for Amorality

AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2014 2:39:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
All right, I'm always on the side of morality and decency and all that stuff, but I'm going to play devil's advocate here. F*ck it, I don't even care anymore, that solipsism's gotta hold of me, especially after that last episode of Elementary.

1. Argument from Time

Time screws up the whole being moral bit, or if you're even marginally intelligent anyway, and unless you ascribe to bullsh*t morality like the 10 Commandments, imposed by a retarded god upon a retarded world that just shouldn't f*cking exist anyway (but that's included in that bit about not being retarded).

How does it screw it up? What? Are you supposed to dedicate your entire life to being a revolutionary? If not, how much? How forceful are you supposed to be? Is there a deadline? Is the apocalypse incoming and you're trying to save the world? You're always battling absurdity.

2. Argument from Non-Humanity

What the f*ck would it even mean to make the world something different? It's like in Orwell's 1984 with the Victory cigarettes, the Victory gin and the Victory chocolate, to symbolise that these moral pursuits are always accentuated by either the feeling of victory or loss, each nothing more than plain old human. There's nothing to humanity that isn't bullsh*t. We don't come together only in being retarded, there's no conversation between us only in retardedly controlling sh*t. What? Mass suicide? It doesn't make any sense. Mutism and just living? It doesn't make any sense. Well, one might argue that once the struggle for survival is gone, that none of this matters, that it's all just manipulation anyway, and that we might find inner peace.... but f*ck you, lmao.

3. Argument from Conventional Religion is F*cking Retarded

It just is. It's a joke, it's ridiculous, etc. The conventionally religious are generally the most immoral of all people. GCL is probably one of the fakest people on the internet, lmao.

In conclusion, go f*ck yourself. Nah, see I can't help but have some little twinkling of morality in me all the same, but yeah, go f*ck yourself.
sdavio
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2014 3:06:48 AM
I wanted to understand #2, but it seems indecipherable :/. As for #1, it might work against Kant, but most moralities aren't that binary.
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2014 4:16:03 PM
At 3/7/2014 2:39:07 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
All right, I'm always on the side of morality and decency and all that stuff, but I'm going to play devil's advocate here. F*ck it, I don't even care anymore, that solipsism's gotta hold of me, especially after that last episode of Elementary.

1. Argument from Time

Time screws up the whole being moral bit, or if you're even marginally intelligent anyway, and unless you ascribe to bullsh*t morality like the 10 Commandments, imposed by a retarded god upon a retarded world that just shouldn't f*cking exist anyway (but that's included in that bit about not being retarded).

How does it screw it up? What? Are you supposed to dedicate your entire life to being a revolutionary? If not, how much? How forceful are you supposed to be? Is there a deadline? Is the apocalypse incoming and you're trying to save the world? You're always battling absurdity.

Sure, over time everything perishes, nothing is permanent, as our Buddhist brothers and sisters point out, and as we're constantly empirically reminded. However, impermanence is after all not a discouraging symptom of the absurdity of the universe, but rather a conseqence of its processive-creative nature. I.e., and to put it succinctly, the ongoingness of creation entails the inexorable, incessant production of the new, and destruction of the old; the synthesis of energy in novel forms, and the dissolution of defunct forms; the genesis of entities and their coming to completion and being objectified in other entities, the birth and growth of living creatures and their demise and contribution of life's sustenance to those who consume them. In other words, impermanence and mortality doesn't negate life, it's an aspect of and verifies the ongoingly creative nature of life and of all existence. And it doesn't entitle us to nihilistic apathy; rather, it enjoins us to active and "joyful participation" in the process of the universe, i.e. in the creation and actualization of new experience, value, and beauty.

2. Argument from Non-Humanity

What the f*ck would it even mean to make the world something different?

An adventure. The participation in the adventure of creativty. Which after all is the whole plain-as-the-nose-on-one's-face point of being here, our fundamental ontological raison d'etre. Yes, although life has no external or eschatological meaning or purpose, it does indeed have its own internal and immediate teleological point, the appreciation and actualization of the values and creative options available to us. Reinventing the world will look like this fundamental activity on a grand scale. And the product of our efforts? Well, that's the thing about the journey of creativity, it's a true adventure and therefore there are no predictable outcomes, one simply selects the best values and devotes oneself to realizing them.

There's nothing to humanity that isn't bullsh*t.

This is too categorically pessimistic a statement.

we don't come together only in being retarded, there's no conversation between us only in retardedly controlling sh*t. What? Mass suicide? It doesn't make any sense. Mutism and just living? It doesn't make any sense. Well, one might argue that once the struggle for survival is gone, that none of this matters, that it's all just manipulation anyway, and that we might find inner peace.... but f*ck you, lmao.

Again, too categorically pessimistic. Human beings are also capable of being quite magnificent.

3. Argument from Conventional Religion is F*cking Retarded

It just is. It's a joke, it's ridiculous, etc.

Largely, yes. What with its supernaturalism, dogmatism, moralism, and promotion of intolerance, one can't be blamed for being down on rather than down with religion. But let's not be too sweepingly dismissive either, there's also much of great worth in humanity's moral and religious traditions, historically they've also been known to be forces for enlightenment and liberation; and religion certainly needn't be inexorably contaminated by belief in the supernatural or adherence to anachronistic "moral" norms than make people cruel rather than good.

The conventionally religious are generally the most immoral of all people.

Well, this means that we have two options, to be simplistically and categorically anti-religious; or, the more challenging and arguably intelligent option, to selectively oppose unappealing forms of conventional religion in favor of more progressive ethical-spiritual orientations.

In conclusion, go f*ck yourself. Nah, see I can't help but have some little twinkling of morality in me all the same, but yeah, go f*ck yourself.

Or, alternatively, we can each, individually and as a society, endeavor to cultivate value, growth, and beauty, so that we no longer provoke our neighbor to tell us to "go f*ck ourselves".
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 1:05:29 AM
At 3/7/2014 4:59:28 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
All right, charles. Good job.

Thank you sir.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 1:25:54 AM
At 3/8/2014 1:05:29 AM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/7/2014 4:59:28 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
All right, charles. Good job.

Thank you sir.

You're a good man, charles. That's for sure.