Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2014 10:57:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/7/2014 8:00:17 PM, TheWarrior wrote:
Does God love Satan?

I think it's kind of pointless to ask questions like this. There is no way that any of us could know how God feels about Satan. If you accept that God exists, and that God is love, then God loves Satan. If you don't accept that then he probably doesn't. I've read that Jeffrey Dahlmer had people who loved him, which is hard for me to imagine, but then I would still love my son no matter what acts he committed. And to tell the truth, I really never had anything against Jeffrey Dahlmer, only his actions.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2014 11:42:39 PM
Does God love Satan?

God was the Creator of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, which is the same thing as Satan. Whatever you see in this world of illusions is called Satan and he is very deceiving of the Truth.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 5:03:04 AM
Does God love Satan?

In a very real sense God loves all his creation, including Satan. He would not have insisted on the just and correct course of giving him the opportunity to demonstrate his ability to pull all humans away from God.

The controlling factor is that he hates what Satan has done and continues to do. Therefore Satan is now under Satan of destruction, said sentence to be carried out at a specific time in the future.

No matter how much one loves an individual, when one loves all equally one cannot allow any to disrupt the peace of those happy to behave in the way which is best for all. They deserve the peace they seek. Therefore Satan will have to be destroyed at the appointed time.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 6:47:26 PM
At 3/8/2014 5:03:04 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Does God love Satan?

In a very real sense God loves all his creation, including Satan. He would not have insisted on the just and correct course of giving him the opportunity to demonstrate his ability to pull all humans away from God.

This isn't called love though!

The controlling factor is that he hates what Satan has done and continues to do. Therefore Satan is now under Satan of destruction, said sentence to be carried out at a specific time in the future.

No matter how much one loves an individual, when one loves all equally one cannot allow any to disrupt the peace of those happy to behave in the way which is best for all. They deserve the peace they seek. Therefore Satan will have to be destroyed at the appointed time.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 4:35:59 AM
Story book god IS a Satan, the worst Satan of all! (Col. 1:16) Story book

"And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah". (2 Samuel 24: 1) KJV story book

Comparing this parallel account of the same incident we read: -

And Satan stood up against Israel, , , , (1 Chron. 21: 1) KJV story book

Later in story book 1 Chron. 21 we read: -

And God was displeased with this thing; therefore he smote Israel. {And...: Heb. And it was evil in the eyes of the LORD concerning this thing} 8 And David said unto God, I have sinned greatly, because I have done this thing: but now, I beseech thee, do away the iniquity of thy servant; for I have done very foolishly. (1 Chron. 21: 7 - 8) KJV story book

So the Satan that was against Israel / smote Israel - was definitely not a naughty spirit angel supernatural being (which doesn't literally exist either In nor Out of the story book pages) but was story book god itself!
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 10:23:41 AM
Does God love Satan?

Could you define: Satan, love, God, ....and does? :P
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
TheWarrior
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 10:59:11 AM
At 3/9/2014 10:23:41 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
Does God love Satan?

Could you define: Satan, love, God, ....and does? :PMain Entry: Sa"tan
Pronunciation: \G2;sā-tən\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English, from Late Latin, from Greek, from Hebrew "7;ātP3;ān adversary
Date: before 12th century
1 : the angel who in Jewish belief is commanded by God to tempt humans to sin, to accuse the sinners, and to carry out God's punishment 2 : the rebellious angel who in Christian belief is the adversary of God and lord of evil

Main Entry: 1god
Pronunciation: \G2;g"d also G2;goM5;d\
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English; akin to Old High German got god
1 capitalized : the supreme or ultimate reality: as a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe
Main Entry: 1love
Pronunciation: \G2;ləv\
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English lufu; akin to Old High German luba love, Old English lēof dear, Latin lubēre, libēre to please
1 a (1) : strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties
Main Entry: does
present 3d singular of do plural of doe

All are from merriam websters online dictionary.
https://docs.google.com...
Lead Enforcer of the DDO Revolutionary Party
Hematite12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 12:51:55 PM
Oh, well in that case, I don't see why God would have emotions, so it follows that he wouldn't "love", if it has to do with affection .
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 12:55:33 PM
At 3/8/2014 5:03:04 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Does God love Satan?

LOL...............LOL.................LOL!!!!! You unbelieving posters are getting more ridiculous each time you post garbage like this.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 12:56:36 PM
At 3/9/2014 12:51:55 PM, Hematite12 wrote:
Oh, well in that case, I don't see why God would have emotions, so it follows that he wouldn't "love", if it has to do with affection .

The love of God is knowledge that we'll all share in the next age. God's people were kept from this knowledge that only His saints got to understand.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 1:06:24 PM
Does God love Satan?

Yes. To love someone is to will the best for them. Satan has given himself completely and without reservation to hating God. Thus, the best thing for him is punishment. The punishment lasts as long as his will remains against God, and since demons are different than humans, he's already given his will entirely to hating God.

I hear Satanic priests will sometimes curse tattoo ink. At least they do here on the south side of Milwaukee. Interesting fun fact.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 1:08:00 PM

Love is not a passion. It's an act of the will. An act of your will towards what is best for someone else. When I love someone, I will what's best for them... God, being perfect, couldn't not will anything other than the good.

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 1:13:23 PM
At 3/9/2014 1:08:00 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Love is not a passion. It's an act of the will. An act of your will towards what is best for someone else. When I love someone, I will what's best for them... God, being perfect, couldn't not will anything other than the good.

You don't understand God's will, do you?

Deuteronomy 32
39: "`See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 1:15:27 PM
At 3/9/2014 1:13:23 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Deuteronomy 32
39: "`See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

If God were to will something that is anything other than the good, then he wouldn't be perfect. So God's perfection makes it necessary that he wills the good of everything.

bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 1:43:47 PM
At 3/9/2014 1:15:27 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Deuteronomy 32

If God were to will something that is anything other than the good, then he wouldn't be perfect. So God's perfection makes it necessary that he wills the good of everything.

What appears good to God's people isn't something God is concerned about in His eternal plan for His creation. He plans on getting rid of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil very soon.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 1:45:19 PM
At 3/9/2014 1:43:47 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 3/9/2014 1:15:27 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Deuteronomy 32

What appears good to God's people isn't something God is concerned about in His eternal plan for His creation.

Yeah, well that's irrelevant to the point I'm making. I'm saying that regardless of what "the good" is, God still wills the good for all his creation.

He plans on getting rid of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil very soon.

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 1:45:42 PM
*what appears as good

bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 1:48:17 PM
At 3/9/2014 1:45:42 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
*what appears as good

Your right. God knows what's good for us and ALL His people will understand this in the next age when He destroys this world soon.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 1:51:42 PM
At 3/9/2014 1:48:17 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 3/9/2014 1:45:42 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
*what appears as good

Your right. God knows what's good for us and ALL His people will understand this in the next age when He destroys this world soon.

Well I guess we'll all see if that's true sooner or later ;)

Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 4:26:24 PM
At 3/9/2014 1:06:24 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
Does God love Satan?

Yes. To love someone is to will the best for them. Satan has given himself completely and without reservation to hating God. Thus, the best thing for him is punishment. The punishment lasts as long as his will remains against God, and since demons are different than humans, he's already given his will entirely to hating God.

I hear Satanic priests will sometimes curse tattoo ink. At least they do here on the south side of Milwaukee. Interesting fun fact.

Satanically cursed tattoo ink...HAHAHAHA! Is the name of the tattoo shop "Evil Inc." :)
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 4:32:39 PM
At 3/9/2014 10:59:11 AM, TheWarrior wrote:
At 3/9/2014 10:23:41 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
Does God love Satan?

Could you define: Satan, love, God, ....and does? :PMain Entry: Sa"tan
Pronunciation: \G2;sā-tən\
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English, from Late Latin, from Greek, from Hebrew "7;ātP3;ān adversary
1 : the angel who in Jewish belief is commanded by God to tempt humans to sin, to accuse the sinners, and to carry out God's punishment 2 : the rebellious angel who in Christian belief is the adversary of God and lord of evil

Main Entry: 1god
Pronunciation: \G2;g"d also G2;goM5;d\
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English; akin to Old High German got god
1 capitalized : the supreme or ultimate reality: as a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe
Main Entry: 1love
Pronunciation: \G2;ləv\
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English lufu; akin to Old High German luba love, Old English lēof dear, Latin lubēre, libēre to please
1 a (1) : strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties
Main Entry: does
present 3d singular of do plural of doe

All are from merriam websters online dictionary.

Is your god capable of hate?

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 4:33:15 PM
At 3/9/2014 4:26:24 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Does God love Satan?

Satanically cursed tattoo ink...HAHAHAHA! Is the name of the tattoo shop "Evil Inc." :)

Lol, no. People pay them money to have the ink cursed like if it's going to be put on someone they don't like.

Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 4:38:18 PM
At 3/9/2014 4:33:15 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
Does God love Satan?

Lol, no. People pay them money to have the ink cursed like if it's going to be put on someone they don't like.

Sounds like a waste of money to me...

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 4:39:35 PM
At 3/9/2014 4:38:18 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Does God love Satan?

Maybe.. ;) But I guess curses are the second most common way people get possessed or obsessed or oppressed by a demon according to the exorcist I know.

Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 4:43:37 PM
At 3/9/2014 4:39:35 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/9/2014 4:38:18 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Does God love Satan?

Maybe.. ;) But I guess curses are the second most common way people get possessed or obsessed or oppressed by a demon according to the exorcist I know.

Hmmm, does he/she work for the church, and/or is he/she exclusively an exorcist as his primary means of income?