Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Proof that God does Exist

Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 2:06:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This is to refute the hardcore atheists on here telling us God is fake.

We know God isn't fake, because Jesus was a real person, and all historical texts say that he was God. If Jesus is real then God is real. Jesus is real, therefore God is real.
biomystic
Posts: 606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 2:35:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Jesus isn't real. "Jesus" was a literary creation. There's no historical proof at all that can be vetted by sources outside the Christian propagandists. Every bible scholar above Bible College education level knows this.
Mikal
Posts: 11,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 2:36:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/9/2014 2:06:02 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
This is to refute the hardcore atheists on here telling us God is fake.

We know God isn't fake, because Jesus was a real person, and all historical texts say that he was God. If Jesus is real then God is real. Jesus is real, therefore God is real.

hypothetically if Jesus did exist, that would not prove he is God. You just proved another Mexican was alive back in the day.
biomystic
Posts: 606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 2:37:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Now, Yeishu ben Pantera, the man whose biography fits that of Jesus Christ, he existed and as the Talmud says, "led many astray" and was killed with his 5 disciples as per Jewish law for blasphemers. He was stoned to death and hung on a tree as Paul reports in Gal 3:13.
superflymegastallion
Posts: 370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 2:38:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/9/2014 2:06:02 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
This is to refute the hardcore atheists on here telling us God is fake.

We know God isn't fake, because Jesus was a real person,
How do you know that?
and all historical texts say that he was God.
What texts are you talking about? Historical?
If Jesus is real then God is real.
Why?
Jesus is real, therefore God is real.
Prove the first point, then we can move to the other. I'm not saying Jesus didn't exist. I Know that he did. I know where he works. I have met him, and have had quite a few conversations with him. But, I don't think we are talking about the same Jesus.
superflymegastallion
Posts: 370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 2:40:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/9/2014 2:38:08 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 3/9/2014 2:06:02 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
This is to refute the hardcore atheists on here telling us God is fake.

We know God isn't fake, because Jesus was a real person,
How do you know that?
and all historical texts say that he was God.
What texts are you talking about? Historical?
If Jesus is real then God is real.
Why?
Jesus is real, therefore God is real.
Prove the first point, then we can move to the other. I'm not saying Jesus didn't exist. I Know that he did. I know where he works. I have met him, and have had quite a few conversations with him. But, I don't think we are talking about the same Jesus.
I doubt that instalgentgoo will ever reply to any of this. He likes to make blanket statements, then disappear. What a coward.
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 2:49:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/9/2014 2:38:08 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 3/9/2014 2:06:02 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
This is to refute the hardcore atheists on here telling us God is fake.

We know God isn't fake, because Jesus was a real person,
How do you know that?
and all historical texts say that he was God.
What texts are you talking about? Historical?
If Jesus is real then God is real.
Why?
Jesus is real, therefore God is real.
Prove the first point, then we can move to the other. I'm not saying Jesus didn't exist. I Know that he did. I know where he works. I have met him, and have had quite a few conversations with him. But, I don't think we are talking about the same Jesus.

We know Jesus Christ existed, idiot, because there are four biographies of him. There are also the same number of historical references to him less than one-hundred years after his death as there are references to the Emperor Nero. Also lol at stealing your last gag from rationalwiki.
Sswdwm
Posts: 1,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 4:37:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/9/2014 2:49:29 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 3/9/2014 2:38:08 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 3/9/2014 2:06:02 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
This is to refute the hardcore atheists on here telling us God is fake.

We know God isn't fake, because Jesus was a real person,
How do you know that?
and all historical texts say that he was God.
What texts are you talking about? Historical?
If Jesus is real then God is real.
Why?
Jesus is real, therefore God is real.
Prove the first point, then we can move to the other. I'm not saying Jesus didn't exist. I Know that he did. I know where he works. I have met him, and have had quite a few conversations with him. But, I don't think we are talking about the same Jesus.

We know Jesus Christ existed, idiot, because there are four biographies of him. There are also the same number of historical references to him less than one-hundred years after his death as there are references to the Emperor Nero. Also lol at stealing your last gag from rationalwiki.

We also know Spiderman exists. There are numerous concordant biographies of him. There are also more historical references to him less than one-hundred years after his death as there are references to America, and the current presidents.

So, what have you just proven here?

And why should we have 3-3,500 hearsay testimony over modern day physical and recorded evidence? Why would your god leave such bad evidence of his existance behind? In illiterate parts of the Middle East no less.
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:
http://www.debate.org...

God most likely exists:
http://www.debate.org...
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 4:42:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/9/2014 4:37:23 PM, Sswdwm wrote:
At 3/9/2014 2:49:29 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 3/9/2014 2:38:08 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 3/9/2014 2:06:02 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
This is to refute the hardcore atheists on here telling us God is fake.

We know God isn't fake, because Jesus was a real person,
How do you know that?
and all historical texts say that he was God.
What texts are you talking about? Historical?
If Jesus is real then God is real.
Why?
Jesus is real, therefore God is real.
Prove the first point, then we can move to the other. I'm not saying Jesus didn't exist. I Know that he did. I know where he works. I have met him, and have had quite a few conversations with him. But, I don't think we are talking about the same Jesus.

We know Jesus Christ existed, idiot, because there are four biographies of him. There are also the same number of historical references to him less than one-hundred years after his death as there are references to the Emperor Nero. Also lol at stealing your last gag from rationalwiki.

We also know Spiderman exists. There are numerous concordant biographies of him.

Nice false analogy. Spiderman is written to be fiction, everyone knows that. The Bible was not.

There are also more historical references to him less than one-hundred years after his death as there are references to America, and the current presidents.

When did spiderman die? What? You're ascribing physical characteristics to a cartoon character? Great counter-argument. Very logical.

So, what have you just proven here?

That you are terrible at giving counter-arguments to historical fact.

And why should we have 3-3,500 hearsay testimony over modern day physical and recorded evidence? Why would your god leave such bad evidence of his existance behind? In illiterate parts of the Middle East no less.

Most of the testimony dates back to Jesus' lifetime. That's the best kind of testimony.
Sswdwm
Posts: 1,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 5:44:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/9/2014 4:42:49 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 3/9/2014 4:37:23 PM, Sswdwm wrote:
At 3/9/2014 2:49:29 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 3/9/2014 2:38:08 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 3/9/2014 2:06:02 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
This is to refute the hardcore atheists on here telling us God is fake.

We know God isn't fake, because Jesus was a real person,
How do you know that?
and all historical texts say that he was God.
What texts are you talking about? Historical?
If Jesus is real then God is real.
Why?
Jesus is real, therefore God is real.
Prove the first point, then we can move to the other. I'm not saying Jesus didn't exist. I Know that he did. I know where he works. I have met him, and have had quite a few conversations with him. But, I don't think we are talking about the same Jesus.

We know Jesus Christ existed, idiot, because there are four biographies of him. There are also the same number of historical references to him less than one-hundred years after his death as there are references to the Emperor Nero. Also lol at stealing your last gag from rationalwiki.

We also know Spiderman exists. There are numerous concordant biographies of him.

Nice false analogy. Spiderman is written to be fiction, everyone knows that. The Bible was not.

How do you know that? Did you know the writers of Genesis or any of the books of the NT? How do you know that these are intended to be historical documents instead of cumulative fiction.

Your a priori assumptions show.

There are also more historical references to him less than one-hundred years after his death as there are references to America, and the current presidents.

When did spiderman die? What? You're ascribing physical characteristics to a cartoon character? Great counter-argument. Very logical.

So, what have you just proven here?

That you are terrible at giving counter-arguments to historical fact.

You are assuming a priori it is a historical fact. It's that notion that we are challenging. It's not a historical fact any more than spiderman is.

And why should we have 3-3,500 hearsay testimony over modern day physical and recorded evidence? Why would your god leave such bad evidence of his existance behind? In illiterate parts of the Middle East no less.

Most of the testimony dates back to Jesus' lifetime. That's the best kind of testimony.

You have missed the point. Which was that the evidence for the superpowers of spiderman are just as good, if not better than for the existence of your god.
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:
http://www.debate.org...

God most likely exists:
http://www.debate.org...
monty1
Posts: 1,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 7:24:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Peter Pan, tooth fairy, Santa, Tinkerbell, jesus, Easter bunny, and the celestial teapot are all sky fairies and they are equally real. Some are still alive and there is solid evidence to prove that they exist. Jesus, not so much.

How fukking inane and stupid can some people be?
superflymegastallion
Posts: 370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2014 5:21:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/9/2014 2:49:29 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 3/9/2014 2:38:08 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 3/9/2014 2:06:02 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
This is to refute the hardcore atheists on here telling us God is fake.

We know God isn't fake, because Jesus was a real person,
How do you know that?
and all historical texts say that he was God.
What texts are you talking about? Historical?
If Jesus is real then God is real.
Why?
Jesus is real, therefore God is real.
Prove the first point, then we can move to the other. I'm not saying Jesus didn't exist. I Know that he did. I know where he works. I have met him, and have had quite a few conversations with him. But, I don't think we are talking about the same Jesus.

We know Jesus Christ existed, idiot, because there are four biographies of him. There are also the same number of historical references to him less than one-hundred years after his death as there are references to the Emperor Nero. Also lol at stealing your last gag from rationalwiki.
Since you think that I like to steal gags from places, please quote what you are saying I stole from rationalwiki. I haven't ever heard of it until now. I won't count myself the idiot here as you didn't answer anything that I asked. Dumb dumb. Yup, that made me feel better.
gray28
Posts: 16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2014 10:42:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This is a very shabby argument. Genghis Khan claimed to be invading and killing per God's instructions, and our knowing he existed doesn't mean God exists. Same thing with Jesus, and the historic accounts are much more tattered and shady. They even got his name wrong in the Bible. It's Jeshua. Unlike some other atheists I think that it is likely someone Jesus-like did exist at the time, but his word or the Bible wouldn't be proof of God existing.
Idealist
Posts: 2,520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2014 11:03:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/9/2014 2:35:17 PM, biomystic wrote:
Jesus isn't real. "Jesus" was a literary creation. There's no historical proof at all that can be vetted by sources outside the Christian propagandists. Every bible scholar above Bible College education level knows this.

"The debate over Jesus" existence has led to a curious role reversal. Two of the New Testament scholars who are leading the way arguing for Jesus" existence have a reputation for attacking, not defending, traditional Christianity.

Ehrman, for example, is an agnostic who has written books that argue that virtually half of the New Testament is forged. Another defender of Jesus" existence is John Dominic Crossan, a New Testament scholar who has been called a heretic because his books challenge some traditional Christian teachings.

But as to the existence of Jesus, Crossan says, he"s "certain." ~ Huffington Post. Sorry, Dude, but all you have to do is look it up on Wiki or any other source. 99% of Bible scholars support the historicity of Jesus. Not the miracle of his coming back to life, but most certainly the reality of his existence and his teaching.