Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

I am right and you are wrong.

Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 11:50:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The title is the attitude of all posters in the religious forum.

Each one of them thinks they are chosen by God and are anointed by God to speak for God. One believes he is God and that apparently makes him superior to all those who have only been anointed by God.
Another believes all these self professed anointed people including the one who claims to be God have no credentials at all.
He thinks his man made credentials somehow proves he has a brain and makes him superior to all other posters. All readers should therefore bow before him and pay full attention to his words.
However the rest also think readers should pay more attention to them than others.

It seems God created a bunch of egotistical moronic hypocrites in his own image. They all want full attention and get upset and complain when they are teased or put down by others but they see nothing wrong with putting others down themselves.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2014 12:45:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/9/2014 11:50:14 PM, Skyangel wrote:
The title is the attitude of all posters in the religious forum.

Each one of them thinks they are chosen by God and are anointed by God to speak for God. One believes he is God and that apparently makes him superior to all those who have only been anointed by God.
Another believes all these self professed anointed people including the one who claims to be God have no credentials at all.
He thinks his man made credentials somehow proves he has a brain and makes him superior to all other posters. All readers should therefore bow before him and pay full attention to his words.
However the rest also think readers should pay more attention to them than others.

It seems God created a bunch of egotistical moronic hypocrites in his own image. They all want full attention and get upset and complain when they are teased or put down by others but they see nothing wrong with putting others down themselves.

Did you read this post as you were looking into a mirror?
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2014 12:51:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/10/2014 12:45:21 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 3/9/2014 11:50:14 PM, Skyangel wrote:
The title is the attitude of all posters in the religious forum.

Each one of them thinks they are chosen by God and are anointed by God to speak for God. One believes he is God and that apparently makes him superior to all those who have only been anointed by God.
Another believes all these self professed anointed people including the one who claims to be God have no credentials at all.
He thinks his man made credentials somehow proves he has a brain and makes him superior to all other posters. All readers should therefore bow before him and pay full attention to his words.
However the rest also think readers should pay more attention to them than others.

It seems God created a bunch of egotistical moronic hypocrites in his own image. They all want full attention and get upset and complain when they are teased or put down by others but they see nothing wrong with putting others down themselves.

Did you read this post as you were looking into a mirror?

I didn't need to. I know I am right and you are wrong without looking into a mirror. ;-)
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2014 10:12:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/10/2014 12:51:22 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 3/10/2014 12:45:21 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 3/9/2014 11:50:14 PM, Skyangel wrote:
The title is the attitude of all posters in the religious forum.

Each one of them thinks they are chosen by God and are anointed by God to speak for God. One believes he is God and that apparently makes him superior to all those who have only been anointed by God.
Another believes all these self professed anointed people including the one who claims to be God have no credentials at all.
He thinks his man made credentials somehow proves he has a brain and makes him superior to all other posters. All readers should therefore bow before him and pay full attention to his words.
However the rest also think readers should pay more attention to them than others.

It seems God created a bunch of egotistical moronic hypocrites in his own image. They all want full attention and get upset and complain when they are teased or put down by others but they see nothing wrong with putting others down themselves.

Did you read this post as you were looking into a mirror?

I didn't need to. I know I am right and you are wrong without looking into a mirror. ;-)

No further questions are necessary your Honor.
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2014 1:22:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/9/2014 11:50:14 PM, Skyangel wrote:
The title is the attitude of all posters in the religious forum.

Each one of them thinks they are chosen by God and are anointed by God to speak for God. One believes he is God and that apparently makes him superior to all those who have only been anointed by God.
Another believes all these self professed anointed people including the one who claims to be God have no credentials at all.
He thinks his man made credentials somehow proves he has a brain and makes him superior to all other posters. All readers should therefore bow before him and pay full attention to his words.
However the rest also think readers should pay more attention to them than others.

It seems God created a bunch of egotistical moronic hypocrites in his own image. They all want full attention and get upset and complain when they are teased or put down by others but they see nothing wrong with putting others down themselves.

Skyangle, I've never met a person who had a point of view, but didn't think their point of view was right. And all people who subscribe to the law of non-contradiction (that is, all rational people) think that those who disagree with them are wrong. That's not being egotistical. That's just being rational.

Don't you think your point of view is right? You seem to think all of the people on this forum are egotistical. I disagree with you. Am I wrong?

Are you egotistical too? After all, you, too, are posting on this forum. You too apparently want to be heard (otherwise, why post?). You, too, probably think you're right. And if you argue with anything I'm saying here, that proves that you think I'm wrong. After all, if you don't think I'm wrong, then why argue with me?

Do you see something wrong with putting other down? If so, then why are you putting everybody down on this forum?
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2014 1:29:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/10/2014 12:51:22 AM, Skyangel wrote:

I didn't need to. I know I am right and you are wrong without looking into a mirror. ;-)

Oh, I see. You were pulling our legs, and I fell for it. :-(
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
invisibledeity
Posts: 48
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2014 1:42:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/10/2014 1:29:43 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 3/10/2014 12:51:22 AM, Skyangel wrote:

I didn't need to. I know I am right and you are wrong without looking into a mirror. ;-)

Oh, I see. You were pulling our legs, and I fell for it. :-(

LOL!!! STUPID theists!!
NightofTheLivingCats
Posts: 2,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2014 2:07:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/10/2014 1:42:36 PM, invisibledeity wrote:
At 3/10/2014 1:29:43 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 3/10/2014 12:51:22 AM, Skyangel wrote:

I didn't need to. I know I am right and you are wrong without looking into a mirror. ;-)

Oh, I see. You were pulling our legs, and I fell for it. :-(

LOL!!! STUPID theists!!

Not as stupid as you.
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2014 4:29:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/9/2014 11:50:14 PM, Skyangel wrote:
The title is the attitude of all posters in the religious forum.

Each one of them thinks they are chosen by God and are anointed by God to speak for God. One believes he is God and that apparently makes him superior to all those who have only been anointed by God.
Another believes all these self professed anointed people including the one who claims to be God have no credentials at all.
He thinks his man made credentials somehow proves he has a brain and makes him superior to all other posters. All readers should therefore bow before him and pay full attention to his words.
However the rest also think readers should pay more attention to them than others.

It seems God created a bunch of egotistical moronic hypocrites in his own image. They all want full attention and get upset and complain when they are teased or put down by others but they see nothing wrong with putting others down themselves.

Yup. About sums it up. At least I'm an atheist, so my sense of entitlement and perfection doesn't seem like a call from god, it is a legitimate character flaw. I am awesome though. And so is Lord Grae, the greatest antagonist ever to be created!
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
LuckyStars
Posts: 244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2014 4:49:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/10/2014 4:29:42 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
At 3/9/2014 11:50:14 PM, Skyangel wrote:
The title is the attitude of all posters in the religious forum.

Each one of them thinks they are chosen by God and are anointed by God to speak for God. One believes he is God and that apparently makes him superior to all those who have only been anointed by God.
Another believes all these self professed anointed people including the one who claims to be God have no credentials at all.
He thinks his man made credentials somehow proves he has a brain and makes him superior to all other posters. All readers should therefore bow before him and pay full attention to his words.
However the rest also think readers should pay more attention to them than others.

It seems God created a bunch of egotistical moronic hypocrites in his own image. They all want full attention and get upset and complain when they are teased or put down by others but they see nothing wrong with putting others down themselves.

Yup. About sums it up. At least I'm an atheist, so my sense of entitlement and perfection doesn't seem like a call from god, it is a legitimate character flaw. I am awesome though. And so is Lord Grae, the greatest antagonist ever to be created!

Did you make him?
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2014 5:10:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/10/2014 4:49:23 PM, LuckyStars wrote:
At 3/10/2014 4:29:42 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
At 3/9/2014 11:50:14 PM, Skyangel wrote:
The title is the attitude of all posters in the religious forum.

Each one of them thinks they are chosen by God and are anointed by God to speak for God. One believes he is God and that apparently makes him superior to all those who have only been anointed by God.
Another believes all these self professed anointed people including the one who claims to be God have no credentials at all.
He thinks his man made credentials somehow proves he has a brain and makes him superior to all other posters. All readers should therefore bow before him and pay full attention to his words.
However the rest also think readers should pay more attention to them than others.

It seems God created a bunch of egotistical moronic hypocrites in his own image. They all want full attention and get upset and complain when they are teased or put down by others but they see nothing wrong with putting others down themselves.

Yup. About sums it up. At least I'm an atheist, so my sense of entitlement and perfection doesn't seem like a call from god, it is a legitimate character flaw. I am awesome though. And so is Lord Grae, the greatest antagonist ever to be created!

Did you make him?

Yes. He is an elven anti-hero who leads an army against the protagonist.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
LuckyStars
Posts: 244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2014 5:11:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/10/2014 5:10:44 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
At 3/10/2014 4:49:23 PM, LuckyStars wrote:
At 3/10/2014 4:29:42 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
At 3/9/2014 11:50:14 PM, Skyangel wrote:
The title is the attitude of all posters in the religious forum.

Each one of them thinks they are chosen by God and are anointed by God to speak for God. One believes he is God and that apparently makes him superior to all those who have only been anointed by God.
Another believes all these self professed anointed people including the one who claims to be God have no credentials at all.
He thinks his man made credentials somehow proves he has a brain and makes him superior to all other posters. All readers should therefore bow before him and pay full attention to his words.
However the rest also think readers should pay more attention to them than others.

It seems God created a bunch of egotistical moronic hypocrites in his own image. They all want full attention and get upset and complain when they are teased or put down by others but they see nothing wrong with putting others down themselves.

Yup. About sums it up. At least I'm an atheist, so my sense of entitlement and perfection doesn't seem like a call from god, it is a legitimate character flaw. I am awesome though. And so is Lord Grae, the greatest antagonist ever to be created!

Did you make him?

Yes. He is an elven anti-hero who leads an army against the protagonist.

Does he win? Who's the Protagonist?
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2014 5:17:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/10/2014 5:11:47 PM, LuckyStars wrote:
At 3/10/2014 5:10:44 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
At 3/10/2014 4:49:23 PM, LuckyStars wrote:
At 3/10/2014 4:29:42 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
At 3/9/2014 11:50:14 PM, Skyangel wrote:
The title is the attitude of all posters in the religious forum.

Each one of them thinks they are chosen by God and are anointed by God to speak for God. One believes he is God and that apparently makes him superior to all those who have only been anointed by God.
Another believes all these self professed anointed people including the one who claims to be God have no credentials at all.
He thinks his man made credentials somehow proves he has a brain and makes him superior to all other posters. All readers should therefore bow before him and pay full attention to his words.
However the rest also think readers should pay more attention to them than others.

It seems God created a bunch of egotistical moronic hypocrites in his own image. They all want full attention and get upset and complain when they are teased or put down by others but they see nothing wrong with putting others down themselves.

Yup. About sums it up. At least I'm an atheist, so my sense of entitlement and perfection doesn't seem like a call from god, it is a legitimate character flaw. I am awesome though. And so is Lord Grae, the greatest antagonist ever to be created!

Did you make him?

Yes. He is an elven anti-hero who leads an army against the protagonist.

Does he win? Who's the Protagonist?

No. And he dies three times in the process. (Killed by his 'allies, falls from a phoenix, executed by the protagonist) The protagonist is Nothan, a squire of no noble background who ascends to the title of prince after he is lied to about his heritage. Grae wins some decisive battles, but is ultimately betrayed by several of his allies, and forced into a surrender.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2014 8:37:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/10/2014 1:22:39 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 3/9/2014 11:50:14 PM, Skyangel wrote:
The title is the attitude of all posters in the religious forum.

Each one of them thinks they are chosen by God and are anointed by God to speak for God. One believes he is God and that apparently makes him superior to all those who have only been anointed by God.
Another believes all these self professed anointed people including the one who claims to be God have no credentials at all.
He thinks his man made credentials somehow proves he has a brain and makes him superior to all other posters. All readers should therefore bow before him and pay full attention to his words.
However the rest also think readers should pay more attention to them than others.

It seems God created a bunch of egotistical moronic hypocrites in his own image. They all want full attention and get upset and complain when they are teased or put down by others but they see nothing wrong with putting others down themselves.

Skyangle, I've never met a person who had a point of view, but didn't think their point of view was right. And all people who subscribe to the law of non-contradiction (that is, all rational people) think that those who disagree with them are wrong. That's not being egotistical. That's just being rational.

Don't you think your point of view is right? You seem to think all of the people on this forum are egotistical. I disagree with you. Am I wrong?

Are you egotistical too? After all, you, too, are posting on this forum. You too apparently want to be heard (otherwise, why post?). You, too, probably think you're right. And if you argue with anything I'm saying here, that proves that you think I'm wrong. After all, if you don't think I'm wrong, then why argue with me?

Do you see something wrong with putting other down? If so, then why are you putting everybody down on this forum?

Not all who think their point of view is right are rational people.
Not all who think others are wrong are rational either.

I do not just think my point of view is right, I know without any doubt it is right. All people are egotistical in one way or another. It all depends on perception. Yes I am egotistical too in the eyes of many people and I am also not egotistical at all in the eyes of others. It depends on how well they know me and what they use to make their judgments. in my own eyes I do not consider myself to be egotistical but I know myself better than anyone else does.

When it comes to being right or wrong about anything, That is all a matter of perception as well. One person might say another is wrong because they have the opposite perception and another might say the same person is right because they can see things from the same perspective as they do. The fact is that there are always opposite ways of looking at any subject and neither way is right or wrong. They are simply opposite perceptions. To see the whole picture of anything at all, one needs to embrace all opposites and not reject any. Opposites all balance each other out in the end and both sides are needed for balance.

Discussing opposite sides of anything does not need to end in arguments when all participants understand that opposites are needed to make a whole.

Your statement about me putting down everybody on this forum is not true. I make general statements which people can choose to apply to themselves or not. The choice is theirs. If the cap fits ... those whom it fits tend to become offended by it.

Some put others down in a teasing way to try to attempt to challenge them to grow up and wake up from their fantasies and dream world. Others seem to do it out of sheer meanness and only appear to want to ruin the reputation of other people.

I tease those who I perceive as fools in order to challenge them to wake up from their foolishness.
Adults who still believe in fairy tales deserve to be teased for their childish beliefs. How else are you going to help them wake up to reality?

I can only presume that those who put me down also see me as foolish and are doing the same as I am so I can only presume they have the best intentions. However, I do see some people posting personal insults against others and all they appear to be doing is trying to ruin the personal reputation of others instead of debating opposite sides of a subject.

Right and wrong is always a matter of perception and depends on the motives.
The fact is people do and say what they do whether others like it or not. All any of us can do is try to accept them as they are and try to understand why they behave the way they do and what makes them tick.
Life is what it is. All we can do is direct and control the things which are under our control. The rest needs to take of itself.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2014 8:47:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/10/2014 4:29:42 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
At 3/9/2014 11:50:14 PM, Skyangel wrote:
The title is the attitude of all posters in the religious forum.

Each one of them thinks they are chosen by God and are anointed by God to speak for God. One believes he is God and that apparently makes him superior to all those who have only been anointed by God.
Another believes all these self professed anointed people including the one who claims to be God have no credentials at all.
He thinks his man made credentials somehow proves he has a brain and makes him superior to all other posters. All readers should therefore bow before him and pay full attention to his words.
However the rest also think readers should pay more attention to them than others.

It seems God created a bunch of egotistical moronic hypocrites in his own image. They all want full attention and get upset and complain when they are teased or put down by others but they see nothing wrong with putting others down themselves.

Yup. About sums it up. At least I'm an atheist, so my sense of entitlement and perfection doesn't seem like a call from god, it is a legitimate character flaw. I am awesome though. And so is Lord Grae, the greatest antagonist ever to be created!

It seems all people have the same character flaw or asset depending on what you wish to call it.
Believers blame their character flaws on sin. Where do you think character flaws come from ? Are they really flaws at all or simply part of human nature which humans themselves reject?
We all have opposite sides to our human nature. That is not a flaw but it is what makes us perfect and whole.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2014 8:53:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/10/2014 5:17:07 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
At 3/10/2014 5:11:47 PM, LuckyStars wrote:
At 3/10/2014 5:10:44 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
At 3/10/2014 4:49:23 PM, LuckyStars wrote:
At 3/10/2014 4:29:42 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
At 3/9/2014 11:50:14 PM, Skyangel wrote:
The title is the attitude of all posters in the religious forum.

Each one of them thinks they are chosen by God and are anointed by God to speak for God. One believes he is God and that apparently makes him superior to all those who have only been anointed by God.
Another believes all these self professed anointed people including the one who claims to be God have no credentials at all.
He thinks his man made credentials somehow proves he has a brain and makes him superior to all other posters. All readers should therefore bow before him and pay full attention to his words.
However the rest also think readers should pay more attention to them than others.

It seems God created a bunch of egotistical moronic hypocrites in his own image. They all want full attention and get upset and complain when they are teased or put down by others but they see nothing wrong with putting others down themselves.

Yup. About sums it up. At least I'm an atheist, so my sense of entitlement and perfection doesn't seem like a call from god, it is a legitimate character flaw. I am awesome though. And so is Lord Grae, the greatest antagonist ever to be created!

Did you make him?

Yes. He is an elven anti-hero who leads an army against the protagonist.

Does he win? Who's the Protagonist?

No. And he dies three times in the process. (Killed by his 'allies, falls from a phoenix, executed by the protagonist) The protagonist is Nothan, a squire of no noble background who ascends to the title of prince after he is lied to about his heritage. Grae wins some decisive battles, but is ultimately betrayed by several of his allies, and forced into a surrender.

He dies only three times? Cats have more lives than that.
All living things die daily so your superhero is not keeping up with the times. His growth, death and resurrection, is far too slow.
Any superheros worst enemy is themselves. Everyone knows that. ;-)