Jump to topic:

Disproving the Word Of Faith Doctrine

medellinheel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2014 12:10:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I need some help here. Mother has been watching too much TBN or something and has been sucked into this movement.

Thinking that one can speak and command miracles and healing through faith. We are all guaranteed wealth, health, and prosperity. And if for some reason you are not wealthy, prosperous, or healed it is your fault because you lacked sufficient faith. That somehow we are not pervious to Adam and Eve's transgressions of this fallen world.

I am amazed at how large and wide spread this movement has become.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2014 11:40:53 PM
At 3/12/2014 12:10:54 PM, medellinheel wrote:
I need some help here. Mother has been watching too much TBN or something and has been sucked into this movement.

Thinking that one can speak and command miracles and healing through faith. We are all guaranteed wealth, health, and prosperity. And if for some reason you are not wealthy, prosperous, or healed it is your fault because you lacked sufficient faith. That somehow we are not pervious to Adam and Eve's transgressions of this fallen world.

I am amazed at how large and wide spread this movement has become.

Maybe your mother is going into her second childhood and wants to believe in magic again.
Acracadabra!.
Say the right magic words and you will get what you ask for IF and only IF you have enough FAITH. Too bad IF you do not.

Do they also sell faith in the church?
Do they advertise and sell preaching DVDs so people can HEAR Gods voice speak to them through the preachers. Faith comes by HEARING the word spoken from God. ( Rom 10:17) Buy one DVD get one free. It's all a money making rip off business which takes advantage of sick and gullible people who live in hopes of being physically healed and also takes advantage of greedy gamblers who want to be wealthy but end up gambling or giving their money away and end up poor as can be.

Con artists and seducers in Christianity suck gullible people into their movements because they tell people what they want to hear and believe whether it's true or not.
The con artists become richer as they rob the poor and then blame the poor for not having enough "faith" to get what they want.
Evan_Shad
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 1:13:20 AM
Is your mother a fideist? If so I'm afraid there is little you can do. If not...

Is she a christian? You can probably find some bible verses to the contrary googling around.
I don't know much about other common religions, but most likely she has been raised in an environment very conductive to her beliefs and has never really been challenged. Maybe she needs some skeptical input. You could paraphrase http://philosophy-and-religion.blogspot.com..., it might work.