Jump to topic:

Atheist Revolution

jamccartney
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2014 10:32:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This is for all Atheists out there. Who thinks there should be an Atheist revolution/movement in the US as well as the world?
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 3:13:34 AM
At 3/12/2014 10:32:41 PM, jamccartney wrote:
This is for all Atheists out there. Who thinks there should be an Atheist revolution/movement in the US as well as the world?

You have my fedora and mountain dew.
Sswdwm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 4:37:44 AM

A coming out campaign much like the gay rights movement might be in order. But a revolution seems counter productive, people are not going to let go of such hard-held central beliefs so easily, much more so than the gay movement.

I think as soon as people realise how many people in their own midst don't share their worldview, social change will happen by itself.
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:

God most likely exists:
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 5:21:28 AM
You guys don't think straight, being secular fundies, but here's a tip you won't hear because Attacking Christians is the religion of yuppie atheists (you do know that most atheists don't come from the lower economic classes but the classes with spendable incomes, i.e yuppies, making atheism the religion of Yuppies) : Make a distinction between those religions fielding violent men into the world to wreak havoc, and those religions which are peaceful and there's no reason to bother them, huh? Something to think about because then you'd have an Alliance against most all your complaints about religious folks whose beliefs produce violent men, wars, and social mayhem.

For example, I'm a modern Gnostic Christian. We Gnostics never did base our religious beliefs on the Bible. That's why I can rationally address criticisms of the Bible from a Gnostic p.o.v. which often matches atheist or any critical review of Bible beliefs. And look at the Ahmadiyyah Muslims who never hurt people, they have a big stake in mellowing out Sunni and Shiite Muslims who are violently opposed to other religions. Gather all who oppose Violent Religionists, most of whom are the Abrahamics-Zionist Jews, Evangelical Zionist Christians, Shiite/Sunni Muslims, some Hindus, some Buddhists even. Join forces against Violent Religion, not against no God which will never ever happen since human beings being spiritually evolving creatures.

Don't focus on my Christian faith in your responses, please! Think about what I say about Uniting against Violent Religions and maybe by uniting together that way we can actually get social change traction. Atheist protest by itself is far too weak to go up against organized religions controlling major government policies.
jamccartney
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 11:05:46 AM
At 3/13/2014 4:37:44 AM, Sswdwm wrote:

A coming out campaign much like the gay rights movement might be in order. But a revolution seems counter productive, people are not going to let go of such hard-held central beliefs so easily, much more so than the gay movement.

I think as soon as people realise how many people in their own midst don't share their worldview, social change will happen by itself.

I think with enough work, people's opinions can change.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 11:12:59 AM
At 3/13/2014 11:05:46 AM, jamccartney wrote:

If you force people to be atheists, then you're just as bad as the Crusaders and the witch burners and the Jihadists.
jamccartney
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 11:14:54 AM
At 3/13/2014 11:12:59 AM, bubbatheclown wrote:

If you force people to be atheists, then you're just as bad as the Crusaders and the witch burners and the Jihadists.

I prefer 'convincing' instead of 'forcing'. I am not talking about forcing. I just want some persuasive speeches.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 11:17:18 AM
At 3/13/2014 11:14:54 AM, jamccartney wrote:

I prefer 'convincing' instead of 'forcing'. I am not talking about forcing. I just want some persuasive speeches.

I will never change my Christian beliefs under my own free will, regardless of how well developed your evolutionary theory gets, and there are millions of other Christians who think the same way. How are you going to "convince" them?
jamccartney
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 11:18:38 AM
At 3/13/2014 11:17:18 AM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 3/13/2014 11:14:54 AM, jamccartney wrote:

I will never change my Christian beliefs under my own free will, regardless of how well developed your evolutionary theory gets, and there are millions of other Christians who think the same way. How are you going to "convince" them?

I honestly do not know how I would 'convince' them. The best way would be to show people that there is no God. Unfortunately, there is no solid evidence.