Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Which religion/non-religion(s) should I pick?

kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 11:08:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Say I want a fresh look at life, and am in the market for religion-related values. What should I choose? Why?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2014 12:10:10 AM
At 3/15/2014 11:08:35 PM, kbub wrote:
Say I want a fresh look at life, and am in the market for religion-related values. What should I choose? Why?

Each moment of the day is a fresh look at life. Why would you want to destroy that look with religion?
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2014 1:00:49 AM

I would start at the one with the most outrageous claim.

Catholicism - its claim is that it was started by God and that its official teachings are protected from error by God.

Its theology is by far the most flushed out and logical. It is responsible our university system, hospital system, legal system and is the largest charitable organization in the world.
Pitbull15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2014 2:16:11 AM

Follow in Peter Griffin's footsteps and join the Church of the Fonz.
zmikecuber and I debate the Modal Ontological Argument
http://www.debate.org...

"YOU ARE A TOTAL MORON!!! LOL!!!- invisibledeity

"I have shown incredible restraint in the face of unrelenting stupidity."-Izbo10

"Oh my God, WHO THE HELL CARES?!"-Peter Griffin

"Let me put this in Spanish for you: NO!!"-Jase Robertson
Rasputin45
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2014 1:20:41 PM
Taoism/Buddhism are good choices. Sikhism and Zoroastrianism are Ok choices. Every thing else is either something I am ignorant about or something I cannot in good conscience endorse.
Grigori Rasputin (James FRJ Hall)
Untertan des "bersicht. Hageln Sie ihm!

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 11:34:34 PM

If you want a fresh look at life, then I'd suggest something different than the white light religions being, heavily discussed on here.

The religion world view that would help you look at the world differently then how you do now is Anton LaVey's Satanism.

Views in Satanism that give you a fresh perspective.

Amorality- judging by your other posts, it's clear you're the opposite of this.

Might is Right- you're always defending the weak. So this is opposite.

These white light religions will only confirm your world view, where Satanism will challenge it.
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 11:36:37 PM
At 3/17/2014 11:34:34 PM, Wylted wrote:

If you want a fresh look at life, then I'd suggest something different than the white light religions being, heavily discussed on here.

The religion world view that would help you look at the world differently then how you do now is Anton LaVey's Satanism.

These white light religions will only confirm your world view, where Satanism will challenge it.

Cool! Now that sounds fun. Gimme the lay down--why satanism specifically?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 11:50:32 PM
At 3/17/2014 11:36:37 PM, kbub wrote:
At 3/17/2014 11:34:34 PM, Wylted wrote:

Cool! Now that sounds fun. Gimme the lay down--why satanism specifically?

The why is because it challenges your world views strongly enough, to actually give you a fresh view.

Here is something to get you started.

The 9 Satanic statements by Anton LaVey.

1.Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!

2.Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

3.Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

4.Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!

5.Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!

6.Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

7.Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development," has become the most vicious animal of all!

8.Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

9.Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

Here is a copy of the Satanic Bible so you can understand the world view better. It's a very short read. Especially if you skip the unnecessary psychodrama stuff at the end.

http://www.thesatanicbiblefree.com...
superflymegastallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 5:57:15 PM
At 3/16/2014 2:16:11 AM, Pitbull15 wrote:

Follow in Peter Griffin's footsteps and join the Church of the Fonz.
Agreed! Aaaayyyyeeee!!!!!
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 7:12:38 PM

You don't need a religion to have the "religion-related values." Develop the values first by letting your conscience be your guide. :)