Jump to topic:

Was Jesus a jerk?

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 1:20:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I see a lot of people argue that God was immoral, but what about Jesus?

Was Jesus a jerk?

I say he was. I even issued a debate challenge, so I can prove it.

http://www.debate.org...

I'm not looking to debate it here. I was jut wondering, if other people share my view that Jesus was a jerk.

So, thoughts?
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 1:25:15 AM
No, He was not. However, I still wish to know why you think such things of Him as well?
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 1:31:58 AM
At 3/18/2014 1:25:15 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
No, He was not. However, I still wish to know why you think such things of Him as well?

I will respectfully disagree with you.

I don't want to reveal my hand and state my premises at this moment. Should somebody choose to debate me on it I will reveal my hand then, and only then. If you want I can PM you my thoughts on this, but I don't see the rush in finding out.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 1:33:48 AM
At 3/18/2014 1:31:58 AM, Wylted wrote:

I don't want to reveal my hand and state my premises at this moment. Should somebody choose to debate me on it I will reveal my hand then, and only then. If you want I can PM you my thoughts on this, but I don't see the rush in finding out.

That's fine. Everyone disagrees in some ways. No offense or anything. But it would help me understand your stance I guess is why I keep asking lol
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 2:09:31 AM
At 3/18/2014 1:33:48 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

That's fine. Everyone disagrees in some ways. No offense or anything. But it would help me understand your stance I guess is why I keep asking lol

If you can't win this one, you might as well hang it up.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 2:11:45 AM
At 3/18/2014 2:09:31 AM, annanicole wrote:

I'm sorry? 0.0
"Good Times" ~ Max
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 5:54:33 AM
At 3/18/2014 2:11:45 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

I'm sorry? 0.0

Not at all. Just hold your ground, and watch for literalization of figurative passages and false dichotomies.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 6:54:12 AM
At 3/18/2014 5:54:33 AM, annanicole wrote:

I'm sorry? 0.0

Not at all. Just hold your ground, and watch for literalization of figurative passages and false dichotomies.

She doesn't need your advice. She is the mouthpiece of God.

I have faith that she will channel him in that debate and I will be directly debating with God himself.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 9:09:46 AM

I'm sorry? 0.0

Ummm I was meaning more of a I'm sorry what do you mean?
"Good Times" ~ Max
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 9:11:48 AM
At 3/18/2014 6:54:12 AM, Wylted wrote:

I'm sorry? 0.0

She doesn't need your advice. She is the mouthpiece of God.

I have faith that she will channel him in that debate and I will be directly debating with God himself.
I appreciate your efforts of defending, but I don't mind receiving advice even if it is harsh or not. But thanks ya. Strong words I might add too! It would idk, appear, that you definitely see and sense something to say such strong words which I'm quickly gonna say all God credit as before. So yeah.
"Good Times" ~ Max
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 10:14:58 AM
Is wyltd a jerk? That would be the conclusion I have of someone who looks for ways to defame the world's most spiritually powerful religious icon of self-sacrifice, a man who put his life in service to others.

Only a jerk would try to find fault with such a popular religious hero. It smacks of jealousy, frankly, the same motivation that drives most atheists to single out Jesus Christ and Christianity for their evangelical proselytization going on these days on most every Christian or religious internet forum.

What drives these atheists to want to compete with Jesus for attention?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 1:52:53 PM
At 3/18/2014 10:14:58 AM, biomystic wrote:
Is wyltd a jerk? That would be the conclusion I have of someone who looks for ways to defame the world's most spiritually powerful religious icon of self-sacrifice, a man who put his life in service to others.

Only a jerk would try to find fault with such a popular religious hero. It smacks of jealousy, frankly, the same motivation that drives most atheists to single out Jesus Christ and Christianity for their evangelical proselytization going on these days on most every Christian or religious internet forum.

I've seen your website. How's your cult coming? Do you have any members yet?

I also defend Christianity, in a lot of debates. So I feel like Jesus, owes me one.
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 4:47:19 PM
At 3/18/2014 1:52:53 PM, Wylted wrote:

I also defend Christianity, in a lot of debates. So I feel like Jesus, owes me one.

What? Why on earth would you feel "Jesus owes" you one? Jesus Christ is a Spirit and Spirits don't "owe" anyone anything. You mistake a story character for the Great Spirit of Christ and expect a story book character to apologize for your inability to tell the difference? We work for Jesus Christ as Christians, we don't expect Him to owe us anything as we owe everything to Him if you understand Celestial Torah Christianity which you probably don't, seeing how's you expect a cult group instead of looking up at the night sky all by yourself and getting the Message that needs no cult to deliver to you or anyone else for that matter, the sky being free to observe and historical astrological knowledge available to most people on earth now. That's the beauty and purity of Celestial Torah Christianity: no one can mess with the stars from earth and the astrological information has been loose on earth for thousands of years now so it can't be really stopped except by fascist policies that deny human rights.

Anyway, if you follow the Celestial Torah Christ you won't ask Christ for any apology. You will help humanity and not bitch and moan about it, just do the farooking work! Brownie points are in heaven, not earth.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 5:35:37 PM
At 3/18/2014 4:47:19 PM, biomystic wrote:

What? Why on earth would you feel "Jesus owes" you one? Jesus Christ is a Spirit and Spirits don't "owe" anyone anything. You mistake a story character for the Great Spirit of Christ and expect a story book character to apologize for your inability to tell the difference? We work for Jesus Christ as Christians, we don't expect Him to owe us anything as we owe everything to Him if you understand Celestial Torah Christianity which you probably don't, seeing how's you expect a cult group instead of looking up at the night sky all by yourself and getting the Message that needs no cult to deliver to you or anyone else for that matter, the sky being free to observe and historical astrological knowledge available to most people on earth now. That's the beauty and purity of Celestial Torah Christianity: no one can mess with the stars from earth and the astrological information has been loose on earth for thousands of years now so it can't be really stopped except by fascist policies that deny human rights.

Anyway, if you follow the Celestial Torah Christ you won't ask Christ for any apology. You will help humanity and not bitch and moan about it, just do the farooking work! Brownie points are in heaven, not earth.

The celestial Torah is something you made up. You should be ashamed of yourself for trying to start a cult.

Your beliefs aren't backed by fact and your attempt to make them unfalsifiable is extremely transparent.
superflymegastallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 6:00:01 PM
At 3/18/2014 1:20:59 AM, Wylted wrote:

Was Jesus a jerk?

I'm not looking to debate it here. I was jut wondering, if other people share my view that Jesus was a jerk.

So, thoughts?
No, he wasn't.
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 7:05:10 PM

lol - I hate to say it, but that was the first thing to come into my mind, too.
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 7:07:30 PM

All due respect, but it was how you worded it. How is anyone supposed to randomly know your history of debates, or your religious standing? The question itself tends to imply certain things about what you think, whether they are true or not.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 7:42:00 PM

Was Jesus a jerk?

So, thoughts?

Yeshua couldn't be a jerk anyway. All you have to do is look at the definition of jerk and the two key words "contemptibly" and "obnoxious". End of story. This debate would be a breeze for anyone who knows what they are doing.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 8:56:23 PM
At 3/18/2014 7:42:00 PM, Haroush wrote:

Was Jesus a jerk?

So, thoughts?

Yeshua couldn't be a jerk anyway. All you have to do is look at the definition of jerk and the two key words "contemptibly" and "obnoxious". End of story. This debate would be a breeze for anyone who knows what they are doing.

I have faith in my opponent to put up a good fight.
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2014 6:42:51 AM
At 3/18/2014 5:35:37 PM, Wylted wrote:

The celestial Torah is something you made up. You should be ashamed of yourself for trying to start a cult.

Me: Sure I made it up. Just like I made up the three encyclopedia of Judaism entries about the Celestial Torah and how the earthly Torah is derived from it. Somehow I was magically able to do this feat. Also I penned all the astro-theology information the mythicist historians have found as bedrock religious structure for most every major religion on earth including Judaism and Christianity. I do get around. I even wrote those clear Aquarius symbols embedded into Judeo-Christianity, you know the Water God connections seen in the Flood Story of Noah, seen in the powers of Moses to part the Red Sea, seen in Moses' very name, "Musa", "drawn out of water" in Arabic closer to the Egyptian original where "Mu" is the Egyptian word for "water" and the Egyptian hieroglyph for "Mu" the same as the Sign of Aquarius. Elijah controls drought, parts the Jordan. Jesus is anointed in the Jordan water, he controls the storms (Air and Water of Aquarius) He walks on water and He bears in Himself Living Waters which is the traditional quality of the psychopomp-Anubis/Baptist role seen inscribed on tomb walls in ancient Sumeria/Babylonia and Egypt,, all of these connected to water and power over water. I could go on and on with the astrological connections found in the Bible but all one has to do is Google Bible Astrology to find them, lot's and lot's of them.

So, no, I didn't make anything up but merely collected the evidence together to see the common astrological Patterns running through Scriptures and their tie-ins to the religious symbolism of ancient Near Eastern civilizations. Anyone is free to check my references for my Celestial Torah conclusions and come to their own if the material they've researched warrants it. Mythicists without reason to protect Abrahamic beliefs are forging ahead in the astrological/religion connections so what I'm bringing into believer's awareness is news that believers will be unable to sweep under the rug like attempts here to dismiss this important historical movement linking astrology with major religious beliefs.

Your beliefs aren't backed by fact and your attempt to make them unfalsifiable is extremely transparent.

Me: see my answers above and bring your "proofs". Mine are symbolically written in the heavens as God's Sign Language as well as literally written on earth in stone. Good luck trying to defeat the sky and ancient history.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2014 9:19:06 AM
At 3/19/2014 6:42:51 AM, biomystic wrote:
At 3/18/2014 5:35:37 PM, Wylted wrote:

Me: Sure I made it up. Just like I made up the three encyclopedia of Judaism entries about the Celestial Torah and how the earthly Torah is derived from it. Somehow I was magically able to do this feat. Also I penned all the astro-theology information the mythicist historians have found as bedrock religious structure for most every major religion on earth including Judaism and Christianity. I do get around. I even wrote those clear Aquarius symbols embedded into Judeo-Christianity, you know the Water God connections seen in the Flood Story of Noah, seen in the powers of Moses to part the Red Sea, seen in Moses' very name, "Musa", "drawn out of water" in Arabic closer to the Egyptian original where "Mu" is the Egyptian word for "water" and the Egyptian hieroglyph for "Mu" the same as the Sign of Aquarius. Elijah controls drought, parts the Jordan. Jesus is anointed in the Jordan water, he controls the storms (Air and Water of Aquarius) He walks on water and He bears in Himself Living Waters which is the traditional quality of the psychopomp-Anubis/Baptist role seen inscribed on tomb walls in ancient Sumeria/Babylonia and Egypt,, all of these connected to water and power over water. I could go on and on with the astrological connections found in the Bible but all one has to do is Google Bible Astrology to find them, lot's and lot's of them.

So, no, I didn't make anything up but merely collected the evidence together to see the common astrological Patterns running through Scriptures and their tie-ins to the religious symbolism of ancient Near Eastern civilizations. Anyone is free to check my references for my Celestial Torah conclusions and come to their own if the material they've researched warrants it. Mythicists without reason to protect Abrahamic beliefs are forging ahead in the astrological/religion connections so what I'm bringing into believer's awareness is news that believers will be unable to sweep under the rug like attempts here to dismiss this important historical movement linking astrology with major religious beliefs.

Me: see my answers above and bring your "proofs". Mine are symbolically written in the heavens as God's Sign Language as well as literally written on earth in stone. Good luck trying to defeat the sky and ancient history.

I can't defeat it. It's unfalsifiable. I'm glad you're here to interpret the celestial Torah for people, otherwise we'd be helpless to on our own.

Why exactly are you trying to clothe pantheism, with the Abrahamic religions anyway?

No nevermind, I know the answer.

You found an exploitable niche. I hope one day it's profitable for you.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2014 10:04:31 AM
At 3/18/2014 8:56:23 PM, Wylted wrote:

Was Jesus a jerk?

So, thoughts?

You seem to be an atheist who is pretty respectable of religious people (so far from my experience). I am interested in how your childhood was and what your parents were like. Could you tell me? I should have checked your profile, but didn't. Though I'll know what you believe after I add this reply, lol.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2014 10:07:17 AM

Was Jesus a jerk?

So, thoughts?

So, are you an Atheist, Satanist, or Luciferian as you couldn't be all three, but only one??
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2014 10:29:40 AM
At 3/19/2014 10:04:31 AM, Haroush wrote:

Was Jesus a jerk?

So, thoughts?

You seem to be an atheist who is pretty respectable of religious people (so far from my experience). I am interested in how your childhood was and what your parents were like. Could you tell me? I should have checked your profile, but didn't. Though I'll know what you believe after I add this reply, lol.

I went to church a lot as a kid and buried my head in the bible. I don't know if I'd call my self a Satanist. It seems a little immature. I agree with the amoral philosophies present in Satanism. Anton LaVey when writing the satanic bible borrowed heavily from Ayn Rand, Ragnar Redbeard's 'Might is Right' and Nietzsche. You can actually be an atheist and a Satanist, you can also be a theist and a Satanist. You're right that Satanism is incompatible with Luciferianism. I heard Michael D. Aquino say that you can't be a Satanist and an atheist once, but his 'Temple of Set' allows atheists in.

I have nothing against Christians. I'm politically conservative like they usually are and share a lot of their morals. In my case I would call it a code of honor and not morals, though. I think there are some incredibly smart Christians out there, whose faith is backed by some pretty solid philosophies.