AnsweringAtheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2014 11:15:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
REJOICE! REJOICE! THE WICKED WITCH IS DEAD

Fred Phelps Sr., leader of Westboro Baptist Church, dies at 84

Fred Phelps Sr., a fire-and-brimstone preacher whose anti-gay picketing at military funerals inflamed the nation and drew international scorn but was protected by the U.S. Supreme Court as an exercise in free speech, died March 19 at a hospice in Topeka, Kan. He was 84.

His daughter Shirley Phelps-Roper confirmed his death to the Topeka Capital-Journal. The cause was not reported.

http://www.washingtonpost.com...

Shall we picket?
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2014 11:16:24 AM
At 3/20/2014 11:15:31 AM, AnsweringAtheism wrote:

Fred Phelps Sr., a fire-and-brimstone preacher whose anti-gay picketing at military funerals inflamed the nation and drew international scorn but was protected by the U.S. Supreme Court as an exercise in free speech, died March 19 at a hospice in Topeka, Kan. He was 84.

His daughter Shirley Phelps-Roper confirmed his death to the Topeka Capital-Journal. The cause was not reported.

Shall we picket?

Lol. I was just about to make a thread myself about that.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2014 12:08:05 PM

While I wholly believe what the Westboro Baptist Church does is wrong, it is also wrong to rejoice in the death of your fellow man.

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee." - John Dunn
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2014 3:48:48 PM

Shall we picket?

Even though I'm sorry he lived such a miserable life, I have to admit, that was one hateful human being.
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2014 9:26:03 PM
It's fun to watch all the modern anti-racists try to distance themselves from a man who was one of their own. Not only was Fred Phelps a life-long Democrat, but he was also hard core civil rights hero.

From Wikipedia:
The first notable cases were related to civil rights. "I systematically brought down the Jim Crow laws of this town," he claims. Phelps' daughter was quoted as saying, "We took on the Jim Crow establishment, and Kansas did not take that sitting down. They used to shoot our car windows out, screaming we were n***** lovers," and that the Phelps law firm made up one-third of the state's federal docket of civil rights cases.... In the 1980s, Phelps received awards from the Greater Kansas City Chapter of Blacks in Government and the Bonner Springs branch of the NAACP, for his work on behalf of black clients.
Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2014 9:51:07 PM
Hmmmm maybe there is a god afterall.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2014 9:55:33 PM
At 3/20/2014 9:26:03 PM, 1Percenter wrote:
It's fun to watch all the modern anti-racists try to distance themselves from a man who was one of their own. Not only was Fred Phelps a life-long Democrat, but he was also hard core civil rights hero.

From Wikipedia:
The first notable cases were related to civil rights. "I systematically brought down the Jim Crow laws of this town," he claims. Phelps' daughter was quoted as saying, "We took on the Jim Crow establishment, and Kansas did not take that sitting down. They used to shoot our car windows out, screaming we were n***** lovers," and that the Phelps law firm made up one-third of the state's federal docket of civil rights cases.... In the 1980s, Phelps received awards from the Greater Kansas City Chapter of Blacks in Government and the Bonner Springs branch of the NAACP, for his work on behalf of black clients.

Doesn't matter. It's not like we follow a left wing version of the eleventh commandment.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2014 9:56:44 PM
At 3/20/2014 9:26:03 PM, 1Percenter wrote:

From Wikipedia:

It's also a guilt by association fallacy.

Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 5:57:49 PM
At 3/20/2014 12:08:05 PM, Geogeer wrote:

While I wholly believe what the Westboro Baptist Church does is wrong, it is also wrong to rejoice in the death of your fellow man.

If this miserable excuse for a human being is classified as my "fellow man", then I am ashamed to be part of "mankind".
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 4:10:27 PM

Shall we picket?

I would, but I'm waaaay too lazy.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved