Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

I Have a Question for Christians

unceunceunce
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 12:40:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
So, I am a Christian. However, I'm starting to believe that the fiery, eternal hell doesn't exist. I want to hear from Christians who don't believe that this hell exists. I want to know the answer to the following question:

Since a fiery hell doesn't exist, which of these is more likely: A hell that is merely a separation from God (much like the first circle of hell in classic Catholicism/displayed in Dante's Inferno) or only an unconscious death for those who aren't Christians? Also, explain your answer.

Thank you in advance!
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 2:49:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2014 12:40:19 AM, unceunceunce wrote:
So, I am a Christian. However, I'm starting to believe that the fiery, eternal hell doesn't exist. I want to hear from Christians who don't believe that this hell exists. I want to know the answer to the following question:

Since a fiery hell doesn't exist, which of these is more likely: A hell that is merely a separation from God (much like the first circle of hell in classic Catholicism/displayed in Dante's Inferno) or only an unconscious death for those who aren't Christians? Also, explain your answer.

Thank you in advance!

Your first obstacle is locating a genuine xtian!

Not a single one outside of Story book land is or ever has been (easily proved)

Also a genuine believer / follower of the lard jebus christ; is a Jew, as was the eternal Jew jebus!
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 10:51:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2014 2:49:30 AM, Composer wrote:
At 3/23/2014 12:40:19 AM, unceunceunce wrote:
So, I am a Christian. However, I'm starting to believe that the fiery, eternal hell doesn't exist. I want to hear from Christians who don't believe that this hell exists. I want to know the answer to the following question:

Since a fiery hell doesn't exist, which of these is more likely: A hell that is merely a separation from God (much like the first circle of hell in classic Catholicism/displayed in Dante's Inferno) or only an unconscious death for those who aren't Christians? Also, explain your answer.

Thank you in advance!

Your first obstacle is locating a genuine xtian!

Not a single one outside of Story book land is or ever has been (easily proved)

Also a genuine believer / follower of the lard jebus christ; is a Jew, as was the eternal Jew jebus!

I tip my fedora to you, good sir.
PureX
Posts: 1,533
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 12:54:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2014 12:40:19 AM, unceunceunce wrote:
So, I am a Christian. However, I'm starting to believe that the fiery, eternal hell doesn't exist. I want to hear from Christians who don't believe that this hell exists. I want to know the answer to the following question:

Since a fiery hell doesn't exist, which of these is more likely: A hell that is merely a separation from God (much like the first circle of hell in classic Catholicism/displayed in Dante's Inferno) or only an unconscious death for those who aren't Christians? Also, explain your answer.

Thank you in advance!

Christ in not Jesus' last name, or a religious dogma from a religious book, it's a state of being. Specifically, it's our allowing the spirit of God (love, compassion, forgiveness, generosity and kindness, etc.) to act within us, and through us to others, to heal us and save us from ourselves. Christ is a spiritual way of being what and who we were created to be. And the exemplification of this way of being has been represented to us in the story of Jesus' life, death and resurrection.

This being the case, I would conceive of "hell" as being NOT in Christ. As NOT allowing that divine spirit of love, compassion, forgiveness, etc., to act within us and through us to others. And instead, we would be acting on our own self-centered fears: the fear of not getting what we want or need, the fear of others taking these from us, or taking them before we can obtain then. Seeing others as our enemies and competitors, instead of our brothers and sisters, and partners, etc.,. "Hell" is who we are and how we live when we live in fear and selfishness, and in antipathy with everything and everyone around us, instead of living in the spirit of Christ.
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 1:03:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2014 12:40:19 AM, unceunceunce wrote:
So, I am a Christian. However, I'm starting to believe that the fiery, eternal hell doesn't exist. I want to hear from Christians who don't believe that this hell exists. I want to know the answer to the following question:

Since a fiery hell doesn't exist, which of these is more likely: A hell that is merely a separation from God (much like the first circle of hell in classic Catholicism/displayed in Dante's Inferno) or only an unconscious death for those who aren't Christians? Also, explain your answer.

Thank you in advance!

Okay, I am not a Christian, but I will speak on this.

If you are trying to convince someone of something that isn't real, or you know will be met with skepticism, either now, or at some point in their life, what do you do? You tell them that if they be good, they will get a reward. But you and I both know, both from hundreds of fairy tales and real life that the promise of a reward, especially one which you may doubt exists will not keep you perfectly in line. Therefore, there is a deterrant. Hell. Hell is what frightens little children away from questioning god. It's what makes them suppress being gay. It's what makes them go door to door telling people to repent their sins.

In other words, hell is simply the deterrent to stop people from questioning their beliefs.

If you look at some research done by Pew Review, you will find that less religious (reform and conservative and others like them) Jews are having a hard time retaining their youth population. As someone who came from this situation, I may be able to give a rational explanation why.

First of all, this phenomena is happening in all religions in the US, not just Judaism. (some of the 'problem' extends from less religious parents marrying interfaith) Here is one possible explanation. Jews are not taught about Hell. They are told that the rewards from god will be given to them not in the afterlife, but now and to their children. This means that questioning is more possible. I can question, and know that my punishments will not extend to death.

The Buddhists have Karma, the Christians and Muslims have hell, and every other successful religion has some deterrent to stop people from questioning their beliefs. The ones that do not will fade into obscurity and irrelevance during the information era.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 1:16:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2014 12:40:19 AM, unceunceunce wrote:
So, I am a Christian. However, I'm starting to believe that the fiery, eternal hell doesn't exist. I want to hear from Christians who don't believe that this hell exists. I want to know the answer to the following question:

Since a fiery hell doesn't exist, which of these is more likely: A hell that is merely a separation from God (much like the first circle of hell in classic Catholicism/displayed in Dante's Inferno) or only an unconscious death for those who aren't Christians? Also, explain your answer.

Thank you in advance!

10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Revelation 14: 10-11
http://www.biblegateway.com...

Have a nice day.
TheWarrior
Posts: 126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 2:08:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2014 1:16:01 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 3/23/2014 12:40:19 AM, unceunceunce wrote:
So, I am a Christian. However, I'm starting to believe that the fiery, eternal hell doesn't exist. I want to hear from Christians who don't believe that this hell exists. I want to know the answer to the following question:

Since a fiery hell doesn't exist, which of these is more likely: A hell that is merely a separation from God (much like the first circle of hell in classic Catholicism/displayed in Dante's Inferno) or only an unconscious death for those who aren't Christians? Also, explain your answer.

Thank you in advance!

10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Revelation 14: 10-11
http://www.biblegateway.com...

Have a nice day.

Exactly what are you say by quoting this scripture. This is refering to the lake of fire not hell. Hell is eventually cast into the lake of fire and destroyed making it not eternal. To see my view on hell visit this link it is post number 34 http://www.debate.org...
https://docs.google.com...
Lead Enforcer of the DDO Revolutionary Party
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 4:02:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2014 1:03:56 PM, Lordgrae wrote:

Sorry, Hindus have Karma. My bad.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
biomystic
Posts: 606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 4:02:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2014 12:40:19 AM, unceunceunce wrote:
So, I am a Christian. However, I'm starting to believe that the fiery, eternal hell doesn't exist. I want to hear from Christians who don't believe that this hell exists. I want to know the answer to the following question:

Since a fiery hell doesn't exist, which of these is more likely: A hell that is merely a separation from God (much like the first circle of hell in classic Catholicism/displayed in Dante's Inferno) or only an unconscious death for those who aren't Christians? Also, explain your answer.

Thank you in advance!

The Lake of Fire and condemnation to a fiery Hell was an ancient Egyptian religious idea. Souls of the dead were weighed against a feather as to their deeds done in life and those souls deemed insufficiently moral were sent back to earth as pigs which is where the pork prohibition comes from, no Egyptian, then Jew, then Muslim wanting to eat a relative by mistake. Really bad souls were sent into the Lake of Fire to be roasted forever. Christianity is actually a Jewish Egyptian Mystery Religion expressed in Greek language.

For modern Christians not needing any threats to believe in God and the Spirit of Christ, there of course cannot be any Hell if God truly forgives sin and sinners. It would be a most hypocritical God who told us that sinners are forgiven and then find they are not at all. Which is why Revelation is not a Christian text at all because it's "Jesus Christ" acts as God's avenging angel which negates everything Jesus of the Gospels stood for, forgiveness of sin and sinners.

Think about it. If God is truly omnipotent, God can do anything, including changing bad souls into good ones just like we correct parts of our bodies that don't work right because God's given us the tools to do so.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 6:46:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2014 12:40:19 AM, unceunceunce wrote:
So, I am a Christian. However, I'm starting to believe that the fiery, eternal hell doesn't exist. I want to hear from Christians who don't believe that this hell exists. I want to know the answer to the following question:

Since a fiery hell doesn't exist, which of these is more likely: A hell that is merely a separation from God (much like the first circle of hell in classic Catholicism/displayed in Dante's Inferno) or only an unconscious death for those who aren't Christians? Also, explain your answer.

Thank you in advance!

Heaven and hell are not locations where anyone goes after they die. Heaven and hell are states of mind in which you live while on this earth. Heaven is the where the heart and mind is at perfect peace, you live in joy and contentment. Hell is when your heart and mind is in inner turmoil and conflict and you live in fear, filled with all kinds of negative attitudes.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 6:54:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2014 6:46:10 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 3/23/2014 12:40:19 AM, unceunceunce wrote:
So, I am a Christian. However, I'm starting to believe that the fiery, eternal hell doesn't exist. I want to hear from Christians who don't believe that this hell exists. I want to know the answer to the following question:

Since a fiery hell doesn't exist, which of these is more likely: A hell that is merely a separation from God (much like the first circle of hell in classic Catholicism/displayed in Dante's Inferno) or only an unconscious death for those who aren't Christians? Also, explain your answer.

Thank you in advance!

Heaven and hell are not locations where anyone goes after they die. Heaven and hell are states of mind in which you live while on this earth. Heaven is the where the heart and mind is at perfect peace, you live in joy and contentment. Hell is when your heart and mind is in inner turmoil and conflict and you live in fear, filled with all kinds of negative attitudes.
Hell is a literal place = The Grave!
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 9:58:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2014 6:54:57 PM, Composer wrote:
At 3/23/2014 6:46:10 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 3/23/2014 12:40:19 AM, unceunceunce wrote:
So, I am a Christian. However, I'm starting to believe that the fiery, eternal hell doesn't exist. I want to hear from Christians who don't believe that this hell exists. I want to know the answer to the following question:

Since a fiery hell doesn't exist, which of these is more likely: A hell that is merely a separation from God (much like the first circle of hell in classic Catholicism/displayed in Dante's Inferno) or only an unconscious death for those who aren't Christians? Also, explain your answer.

Thank you in advance!

Heaven and hell are not locations where anyone goes after they die. Heaven and hell are states of mind in which you live while on this earth. Heaven is the where the heart and mind is at perfect peace, you live in joy and contentment. Hell is when your heart and mind is in inner turmoil and conflict and you live in fear, filled with all kinds of negative attitudes.
Hell is a literal place = The Grave!

The grave is merely one interpretation of the word but the grave is not a place where anyone burns for all eternity. The grave is actually a place where one rests for eternity in peace. They feel nothing, see nothing hear nothing. No worries or pain any more. LOL