Jump to topic:

The definition of 'God': help me

muslimnomore
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 6:56:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I feel like no two people actually agree on every aspect of their understanding of God.

For example, in some circles within the Muslim community, there is a huge disagreement about Allah being an anthropomorphic deity and also about 'where' Allah is.

I know also that in Christianity, people debate about theological systems such as Calvinism.

What is 'God', and who is 'God' according to you?

If someone asked you to define and explain God, what would you say?

I define God as 'human emotions and experiences' and that's a 'God' I can believe in.

Bornofgod, it is my sincere hope that you and your ilk will stay out of this discussion. Thank you.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 9:46:04 PM
At 3/23/2014 6:56:49 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
I feel like no two people actually agree on every aspect of their understanding of God.

For example, in some circles within the Muslim community, there is a huge disagreement about Allah being an anthropomorphic deity and also about 'where' Allah is.

I know also that in Christianity, people debate about theological systems such as Calvinism.

I define God as 'human emotions and experiences' and that's a 'God' I can believe in.

Bornofgod, it is my sincere hope that you and your ilk will stay out of this discussion. Thank you.

The bible says God is Love. Therefore I define God as LOVE which is a human emotion as well as an attitude which we can choose or reject when it comes to how to treat others. I agree with you in the sense that God can be human emotions and experiences.
However, the bible also defines God as a spirit of Truth and a spirit of Life. Using those concepts. I define God also as Truth and Life itself. Love is part of life after all. When you think about it Life contains all that is good and all that humans also perceive as evil. It is a balance of all opposites. That balance is what makes it perfect.
Life (God) is in ALL of Life which includes death as part of the whole process. God is an eternal cycle of life and death which is basically Life itself which is always coming and going at the same time.

I cannot believe that God is any supernatural deity simply because supernatural deities and gods are myths. They are personified characters of human emotions and the God of the bible is no different. He is a personified version of many aspects of life in general.
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 9:54:34 PM

I believe the definition of God is very personal.
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 9:58:11 PM

However, for me, I believe God is that whichever you value.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 11:24:12 PM

If you want to know about God, you certainly shouldn't be making rules against His last saint. This is what the Roman government did against the early saints of God and had them all killed for their testimonies of the Word of God.

Psalm 116
16. Precious in the sight of thy Lord is the death of his saints.

Revelation 6
9: When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne;
10: they cried out with a loud voice, "O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before thou wilt judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell upon the earth?"
11: Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brethren should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been.