Total Posts:79|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why do people want to disprove religion?

Dishoungh
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 1:18:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Why do people feel the urgency to prove or disprove someone's beliefs. It's rude. I'm sick of people trying to disprove God and also Christian's going to people's faces and trying to diminish their beliefs into making them believe in God. STOP IT! I'm sick of it. It's annoying and it's taking up so much room in the DDO website. Talk about something else for f**king once. Stay with your beliefs and stop trying to belittle others. It's rude.
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 1:25:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 1:18:47 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
Why do people feel the urgency to prove or disprove someone's beliefs. It's rude. I'm sick of people trying to disprove God and also Christian's going to people's faces and trying to diminish their beliefs into making them believe in God. STOP IT! I'm sick of it. It's annoying and it's taking up so much room in the DDO website. Talk about something else for f**king once. Stay with your beliefs and stop trying to belittle others. It's rude.

I think this is fair when it comes to the real world where such topics are often not appropriate. But for a site like this, it's not only appropriate, it's encouraged. There often aren't many places where one can begin and engage these topics, so a site like this gives people the opportunity to have these arguments and discussions.

That said, I do think that they should be constructive and civil, and that unfortunately often isn't the case.
Debate.org Moderator
Dishoungh
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 1:31:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 1:25:38 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 1:18:47 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
Why do people feel the urgency to prove or disprove someone's beliefs. It's rude. I'm sick of people trying to disprove God and also Christian's going to people's faces and trying to diminish their beliefs into making them believe in God. STOP IT! I'm sick of it. It's annoying and it's taking up so much room in the DDO website. Talk about something else for f**king once. Stay with your beliefs and stop trying to belittle others. It's rude.

I think this is fair when it comes to the real world where such topics are often not appropriate. But for a site like this, it's not only appropriate, it's encouraged. There often aren't many places where one can begin and engage these topics, so a site like this gives people the opportunity to have these arguments and discussions.

That said, I do think that they should be constructive and civil, and that unfortunately often isn't the case.

It's fine if you want to talk about religion in a peaceful way. Don't go around and f**k with other people and say that your religion is logical than yours.
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 1:37:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 1:31:25 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
At 3/24/2014 1:25:38 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 1:18:47 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
Why do people feel the urgency to prove or disprove someone's beliefs. It's rude. I'm sick of people trying to disprove God and also Christian's going to people's faces and trying to diminish their beliefs into making them believe in God. STOP IT! I'm sick of it. It's annoying and it's taking up so much room in the DDO website. Talk about something else for f**king once. Stay with your beliefs and stop trying to belittle others. It's rude.

I think this is fair when it comes to the real world where such topics are often not appropriate. But for a site like this, it's not only appropriate, it's encouraged. There often aren't many places where one can begin and engage these topics, so a site like this gives people the opportunity to have these arguments and discussions.

That said, I do think that they should be constructive and civil, and that unfortunately often isn't the case.

It's fine if you want to talk about religion in a peaceful way. Don't go around and f**k with other people and say that your religion is logical than yours.

I think the casual cursing might be making it difficult for me to understand, but I agree that any conversation worth having is worth having in a calm, productive way.

On this site however, many things are presented as a challenge to others beliefs (insomuch as it is implies that their beliefs are wrong). I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with this, as long as the exchange is civil even if it does directly challenge the legitimacy of what one believes.
Debate.org Moderator
Dishoungh
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 1:56:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 1:37:32 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 1:31:25 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
At 3/24/2014 1:25:38 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 1:18:47 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
Why do people feel the urgency to prove or disprove someone's beliefs. It's rude. I'm sick of people trying to disprove God and also Christian's going to people's faces and trying to diminish their beliefs into making them believe in God. STOP IT! I'm sick of it. It's annoying and it's taking up so much room in the DDO website. Talk about something else for f**king once. Stay with your beliefs and stop trying to belittle others. It's rude.

I think this is fair when it comes to the real world where such topics are often not appropriate. But for a site like this, it's not only appropriate, it's encouraged. There often aren't many places where one can begin and engage these topics, so a site like this gives people the opportunity to have these arguments and discussions.

That said, I do think that they should be constructive and civil, and that unfortunately often isn't the case.

It's fine if you want to talk about religion in a peaceful way. Don't go around and f**k with other people and say that your religion is logical than yours.

I think the casual cursing might be making it difficult for me to understand, but I agree that any conversation worth having is worth having in a calm, productive way.

On this site however, many things are presented as a challenge to others beliefs (insomuch as it is implies that their beliefs are wrong). I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with this, as long as the exchange is civil even if it does directly challenge the legitimacy of what one

It's very irrelevant that people try to prove and disprove each other's religion because none of them don't know the idea of religion in general. In general, religion consist of BELIEFS that means it's opinionated. That means some old man came out of nowhere and told some stories (I'm not saying it's a lie.) The whole thing about religion is based off what you believe and your opinion, not scientific facts. Nobody knows if there is a God or not, nobody knows how did we come about on this Earth, and I'm pretty sure nobody knows which religion is true or false.
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 2:04:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 1:56:51 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
At 3/24/2014 1:37:32 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 1:31:25 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
At 3/24/2014 1:25:38 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 1:18:47 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
Why do people feel the urgency to prove or disprove someone's beliefs. It's rude. I'm sick of people trying to disprove God and also Christian's going to people's faces and trying to diminish their beliefs into making them believe in God. STOP IT! I'm sick of it. It's annoying and it's taking up so much room in the DDO website. Talk about something else for f**king once. Stay with your beliefs and stop trying to belittle others. It's rude.

I think this is fair when it comes to the real world where such topics are often not appropriate. But for a site like this, it's not only appropriate, it's encouraged. There often aren't many places where one can begin and engage these topics, so a site like this gives people the opportunity to have these arguments and discussions.

That said, I do think that they should be constructive and civil, and that unfortunately often isn't the case.

It's fine if you want to talk about religion in a peaceful way. Don't go around and f**k with other people and say that your religion is logical than yours.

I think the casual cursing might be making it difficult for me to understand, but I agree that any conversation worth having is worth having in a calm, productive way.

On this site however, many things are presented as a challenge to others beliefs (insomuch as it is implies that their beliefs are wrong). I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with this, as long as the exchange is civil even if it does directly challenge the legitimacy of what one

It's very irrelevant that people try to prove and disprove each other's religion because none of them don't know the idea of religion in general. In general, religion consist of BELIEFS that means it's opinionated. That means some old man came out of nowhere and told some stories (I'm not saying it's a lie.) The whole thing about religion is based off what you believe and your opinion, not scientific facts. Nobody knows if there is a God or not, nobody knows how did we come about on this Earth, and I'm pretty sure nobody knows which religion is true or false.

I tend to agree, which is why I don't often argue about religion. But I don't think that makes it a topic less worthy of discussing and arguing about that anything else. I don't personally think there's a lot of value in arguing the existence of god, but some people do, and even if it doesn't have a lot of practical purpose, it can still be a valuable intellectual exercise. I can certainly see more value in arguing about individual religions though, as these generally are defensible/falsifiable. Though again, I don't necessarily see the point beyond intellectual exercise, but that's enough to provide value to the discussion.

In most cases, we are discussing and arguing about our beliefs, whether this relates to religion or otherwise. The more we do it, the better we can become at defending what we believe, or potentially changing what we believe. For that reason, I believe there is value in discussing/arguing pretty much everything.
Debate.org Moderator
SNP1
Posts: 2,404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 2:05:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 1:18:47 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
Why do people feel the urgency to prove or disprove someone's beliefs.

Pursuit of truth. If people want to find out to truth, which many do, religion and God must also be confronted.

It's rude.

That is your opinion. This is an website about debates, you should expect these types of debates here.

I'm sick of people trying to disprove God

Why?

and also Christian's going to people's faces and trying to diminish their beliefs into making them believe in God.

I am sick of this as well, but I am biased coming from an atheist view. Why are you sick of it?

STOP IT! I'm sick of it. It's annoying and it's taking up so much room in the DDO website.

Actually, it doesn't take up "so much room".
Debates, Religion topics take up only 14.3% of all debates.
Opinions, Religious topics only take up about 4.3% of all opinions.
Forums, Religious forum topics only take up about 14.1% of all forums.
Polls, Religious polls only take up about 2.1% of all polls.

That does not seem like it is "so much room".

Talk about something else for f**king once.

Looking at the percentages, it appears that people are talking about something else quite often.

Stay with your beliefs and stop trying to belittle others. It's rude.

Again, the pursuit of knowledge and truth is a huge factor on why these topics are being debated.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 2:07:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 1:56:51 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
At 3/24/2014 1:37:32 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 1:31:25 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
At 3/24/2014 1:25:38 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 1:18:47 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
Why do people feel the urgency to prove or disprove someone's beliefs. It's rude. I'm sick of people trying to disprove God and also Christian's going to people's faces and trying to diminish their beliefs into making them believe in God. STOP IT! I'm sick of it. It's annoying and it's taking up so much room in the DDO website. Talk about something else for f**king once. Stay with your beliefs and stop trying to belittle others. It's rude.

I think this is fair when it comes to the real world where such topics are often not appropriate. But for a site like this, it's not only appropriate, it's encouraged. There often aren't many places where one can begin and engage these topics, so a site like this gives people the opportunity to have these arguments and discussions.

That said, I do think that they should be constructive and civil, and that unfortunately often isn't the case.

It's fine if you want to talk about religion in a peaceful way. Don't go around and f**k with other people and say that your religion is logical than yours.

I think the casual cursing might be making it difficult for me to understand, but I agree that any conversation worth having is worth having in a calm, productive way.

On this site however, many things are presented as a challenge to others beliefs (insomuch as it is implies that their beliefs are wrong). I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with this, as long as the exchange is civil even if it does directly challenge the legitimacy of what one

It's very irrelevant that people try to prove and disprove each other's religion because none of them don't know the idea of religion in general. In general, religion consist of BELIEFS that means it's opinionated. That means some old man came out of nowhere and told some stories (I'm not saying it's a lie.) The whole thing about religion is based off what you believe and your opinion, not scientific facts. Nobody knows if there is a God or not, nobody knows how did we come about on this Earth, and I'm pretty sure nobody knows which religion is true or false.

i know exactly how we were created and I also know how we'll live in the next age. I know for sure that all religions were formed by our Creator to be used to teach His people how to build things in this world. He uses these hand built things as analogies to teach me how He created us as invisible wavelengths of energy.
SNP1
Posts: 2,404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 2:09:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 2:07:14 AM, bornofgod wrote:
i know exactly how we were created and I also know how we'll live in the next age. I know for sure that all religions were formed by our Creator to be used to teach His people how to build things in this world. He uses these hand built things as analogies to teach me how He created us as invisible wavelengths of energy.

And how do you "know" this?
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 2:10:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 2:09:42 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 2:07:14 AM, bornofgod wrote:
i know exactly how we were created and I also know how we'll live in the next age. I know for sure that all religions were formed by our Creator to be used to teach His people how to build things in this world. He uses these hand built things as analogies to teach me how He created us as invisible wavelengths of energy.

And how do you "know" this?

I was created as our Creator's voice.
SNP1
Posts: 2,404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 2:11:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 2:10:18 AM, bornofgod wrote:
I was created as our Creator's voice.

And how do you know that?
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Mediterranean
Posts: 32
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 3:49:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
When a believer wants to convince a non believer about their faith it's because in their belief those people are risking to find home in eternal hell, so their intention is basically good.

In the other hand, what's the point for atheists to try to prove the universe was there by itself? That there is no creator? Do they also believe in hell and punishment for those who believe?

Conclusion is the two trying to prove their points don't come from the same feeling, which means we can not blame them the same.
There is a whole different world right before our eyes, yet we fail to see it.
SNP1
Posts: 2,404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 4:14:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 3:49:09 AM, Mediterranean wrote:
When a believer wants to convince a non believer about their faith it's because in their belief those people are risking to find home in eternal hell, so their intention is basically good.

Yet it usually results in threatening hellfire.

In the other hand, what's the point for atheists to try to prove the universe was there by itself? That there is no creator? Do they also believe in hell and punishment for those who believe?

Education and advancements for the future. Also, the pursuit of truth, logic, and critical thinking.

Conclusion is the two trying to prove their points don't come from the same feeling, which means we can not blame them the same.

Wrong, you are biased towards religion, that is why you make that claim.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 4:51:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 1:18:47 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
Why do people feel the urgency to prove or disprove someone's beliefs. It's rude. I'm sick of people trying to disprove God and also Christian's going to people's faces and trying to diminish their beliefs into making them believe in God. STOP IT! I'm sick of it. It's annoying and it's taking up so much room in the DDO website. Talk about something else for f**king once. Stay with your beliefs and stop trying to belittle others. It's rude.

I bet you don't mind when other peoples beliefs are attacked yes even mocked. What about flat earthers ? or scientolgists or some primitive tribe think their illness is cause by black magic or what ever.........

You won't say jack about that will ya ? but you think your beliefs are off limits ?

Hypocrisy much ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
el_em_en_oh
Posts: 66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 8:00:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 1:18:47 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
Why do people feel the urgency to prove or disprove someone's beliefs. It's rude. I'm sick of people trying to disprove God and also Christian's going to people's faces and trying to diminish their beliefs into making them believe in God. STOP IT! I'm sick of it. It's annoying and it's taking up so much room in the DDO website. Talk about something else for f**king once. Stay with your beliefs and stop trying to belittle others. It's rude.

In my very limited time here on DDO, what I've seen isn't non-believers trying to disprove what believers think/believe, it's more the believers trying desperately to prove what THEY think/believe.

Ask 99.99% of atheist's out there, and I'll personally guarantee that they could give a $hit what you think/believe.

I'd argue that it's the believers trying to push their beliefs on others that don't think as they do, and not the other way around.

Again, I'm sure this isn't the case 100% of time, but from what I've seen/read, it's for sure this way the VAST majority of the time.
Yoshi
Posts: 71
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 8:17:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
"Why do people want to disprove religion?"

Asking this question on Debates.org, I can find that reasonable

"STOP IT! I'm sick of it. It's annoying and it's taking up so much room in the DDO website."

Now that's what I disagree with, you completely shut out your own Threads question and miss the point of debates.org
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 10:59:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 2:11:05 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 2:10:18 AM, bornofgod wrote:
I was created as our Creator's voice.

And how do you know that?

Because I possess the mind of God to know the past, present and future. It took several years of written and spoken testimonies by the flesh that's writing this post to learn who I was.
SNP1
Posts: 2,404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 12:56:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 10:59:50 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 3/24/2014 2:11:05 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 2:10:18 AM, bornofgod wrote:
I was created as our Creator's voice.

And how do you know that?

Because I possess the mind of God to know the past, present and future. It took several years of written and spoken testimonies by the flesh that's writing this post to learn who I was.

How do you know you possess the mind of God?
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 1:01:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 12:56:02 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 10:59:50 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 3/24/2014 2:11:05 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 2:10:18 AM, bornofgod wrote:
I was created as our Creator's voice.

And how do you know that?

Because I possess the mind of God to know the past, present and future. It took several years of written and spoken testimonies by the flesh that's writing this post to learn who I was.

How do you know you possess the mind of God?

There's no way to prove that I am your Creator but if you continue to listen to Me, you will learn about the past, present and future.
SNP1
Posts: 2,404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 1:03:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 1:01:02 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 3/24/2014 12:56:02 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 10:59:50 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 3/24/2014 2:11:05 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 2:10:18 AM, bornofgod wrote:
I was created as our Creator's voice.

And how do you know that?

Because I possess the mind of God to know the past, present and future. It took several years of written and spoken testimonies by the flesh that's writing this post to learn who I was.

How do you know you possess the mind of God?

There's no way to prove that I am your Creator but if you continue to listen to Me, you will learn about the past, present and future.

Why should anyone listen to you if you cannot prove your extraordinary claims?
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Iredia
Posts: 1,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 1:23:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 1:18:47 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
Why do people feel the urgency to prove or disprove someone's beliefs. It's rude. I'm sick of people trying to disprove God and also Christian's going to people's faces and trying to diminish their beliefs into making them believe in God. STOP IT! I'm sick of it. It's annoying and it's taking up so much room in the DDO website. Talk about something else for f**king once. Stay with your beliefs and stop trying to belittle others. It's rude.

Good point. It seems The God Delusion has made people on both sides (my humble self also) more or less obssessed about (the idea of) God and how it affects our culture. Methinks there's money to be made out of this squabble while it lasts.
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.
Dishoungh
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 2:01:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 2:05:33 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 1:18:47 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
Why do people feel the urgency to prove or disprove someone's beliefs.

Pursuit of truth. If people want to find out to truth, which many do, religion and God must also be confronted.

It's rude.

That is your opinion. This is an website about debates, you should expect these types of debates here.

If they want to figure out how did they exist, that's for them to figure out on their own. I don't know how often you visit the website, everywhere you go, there's a topic relating to the existence of God. It's completely unnecessary to confront the existence God and trying to disprove his existence to other people. If you want to disprove his existence, keep it to yourself.

I'm sick of people trying to disprove God

Why?

Go back and read my first post again and you would see why.

and also Christian's going to people's faces and trying to diminish their beliefs into making them believe in God.

I am sick of this as well, but I am biased coming from an atheist view. Why are you sick of it?

"people trying to disprove God and also Christian's going to people's faces and trying to diminish their beliefs into making them believe in God."



STOP IT! I'm sick of it. It's annoying and it's taking up so much room in the DDO website.

Actually, it doesn't take up "so much room".
Debates, Religion topics take up only 14.3% of all debates.
Opinions, Religious topics only take up about 4.3% of all opinions.
Forums, Religious forum topics only take up about 14.1% of all forums.
Polls, Religious polls only take up about 2.1% of all polls.

That does not seem like it is "so much room".

It is when you see it every time you visit the website. Especially when the exact same topic is being brought up over and over and over and over.

Talk about something else for f**king once.

Looking at the percentages, it appears that people are talking about something else quite often.

Doesn't it annoy you when people talk about the same thing over and over and over and over? Especially when the outcome out of that topic will be the exact same outcome from the topic. It's like when 2 people debate on Superman vs Batman, and the guy who was for Batman won. Then, the exact same topic is brought up again, and guess what? Batman won AGAIN! Then the same topic is brought up AGAIN everywhere you go.

Stay with your beliefs and stop trying to belittle others. It's rude.

Again, the pursuit of knowledge and truth is a huge factor on why these topics are being debated.

That doesn't mean you should go around and belittle other people's religion, claim yours is more rational than theirs, and say theirs is illogical. Yet, when they are asked "how do they know," they give absolutely no reason why their religion they claim is "better." No religion out their is proven. You can disprove religion all you want, but, at the end of the day, there are still no right or wrong answers regarding religion. Stay with your own beliefs and leave others alone.
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
Graincruncher
Posts: 2,799
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 2:08:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I can't help but feel you've misunderstood what 'debate' means. People are free to discuss whatever they want and whatever interests them. What interest a lot of people are matters of the existence of god, the role of religion in society, what constitutes moral action and so forth.

A more reasonable question would be why do you feel you have the authority to tell them to not do this? The phrase "fragile faith" comes to mind.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 3:42:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 1:03:47 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 1:01:02 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 3/24/2014 12:56:02 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 10:59:50 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 3/24/2014 2:11:05 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 2:10:18 AM, bornofgod wrote:
I was created as our Creator's voice.

And how do you know that?

Because I possess the mind of God to know the past, present and future. It took several years of written and spoken testimonies by the flesh that's writing this post to learn who I was.

How do you know you possess the mind of God?

There's no way to prove that I am your Creator but if you continue to listen to Me, you will learn about the past, present and future.

Why should anyone listen to you if you cannot prove your extraordinary claims?

No one is forcing you to believe me.
SNP1
Posts: 2,404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 3:52:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 3:42:53 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 3/24/2014 1:03:47 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 1:01:02 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 3/24/2014 12:56:02 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 10:59:50 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 3/24/2014 2:11:05 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 2:10:18 AM, bornofgod wrote:
I was created as our Creator's voice.

And how do you know that?

Because I possess the mind of God to know the past, present and future. It took several years of written and spoken testimonies by the flesh that's writing this post to learn who I was.

How do you know you possess the mind of God?

There's no way to prove that I am your Creator but if you continue to listen to Me, you will learn about the past, present and future.

Why should anyone listen to you if you cannot prove your extraordinary claims?

No one is forcing you to believe me.

I am not asking why I should believe you, I am asking why ANYONE should believe you.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 4:42:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 3:52:38 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 3:42:53 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 3/24/2014 1:03:47 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 1:01:02 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 3/24/2014 12:56:02 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 10:59:50 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 3/24/2014 2:11:05 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 2:10:18 AM, bornofgod wrote:
I was created as our Creator's voice.

And how do you know that?

Because I possess the mind of God to know the past, present and future. It took several years of written and spoken testimonies by the flesh that's writing this post to learn who I was.

How do you know you possess the mind of God?

There's no way to prove that I am your Creator but if you continue to listen to Me, you will learn about the past, present and future.

Why should anyone listen to you if you cannot prove your extraordinary claims?

No one is forcing you to believe me.

I am not asking why I should believe you, I am asking why ANYONE should believe you.

I know thousands of people who believe me so this is about you, not them. You simply don't believe that I speak for our Creator and there's absolutely no proof that I do.
SNP1
Posts: 2,404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 4:45:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 4:42:22 PM, bornofgod wrote:
I know thousands of people who believe me so this is about you, not them. You simply don't believe that I speak for our Creator and there's absolutely no proof that I do.

If there is no proof that you speak for God then can't I make the same claim and have the same amount of authority as you?
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 4:47:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 4:45:39 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 4:42:22 PM, bornofgod wrote:
I know thousands of people who believe me so this is about you, not them. You simply don't believe that I speak for our Creator and there's absolutely no proof that I do.

If there is no proof that you speak for God then can't I make the same claim and have the same amount of authority as you?

Sure you can if God planned for you to do that. They're called false prophets and antichrists who have no clue who our invisible Creator is.
SNP1
Posts: 2,404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 4:49:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 4:47:10 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 3/24/2014 4:45:39 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 4:42:22 PM, bornofgod wrote:
I know thousands of people who believe me so this is about you, not them. You simply don't believe that I speak for our Creator and there's absolutely no proof that I do.

If there is no proof that you speak for God then can't I make the same claim and have the same amount of authority as you?

Sure you can if God planned for you to do that. They're called false prophets and antichrists who have no clue who our invisible Creator is.

Okay, then does that means you are a false prophet and an antichrist? Good to know.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 5:30:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 1:18:47 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
Why do people feel the urgency to prove or disprove someone's beliefs. It's rude.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that you were entitled to dictate my speech. You also need a question mark. You don't have to listen you know. You could just walk away, leave the conversation, turn off your internet connection, unplug your computer, walk away from the computer and hide in a corner. I'm sorry, was that rude?

I'm sick of people trying to disprove God and also Christian's going to people's faces and trying to diminish their beliefs into making them believe in God.

Okay, so just because someone believes something that entitles them to not have that belief challenged? I'm sorry, but we have to try to disprove god. Religious people for years tried to shove religion down our throats in schools and government. The only reason the US is a secular nation is because our founding fathers studied enlightenment thinkers, science and were deists. Had they been a few centuries earlier, this would not have been the case.

By your complicated sentence structure and misuse of ', I assume you are some sort of deist, Jew, Muslim or Hindu.

STOP IT! I'm sick of it. It's annoying and it's taking up so much room in the DDO website.

Well, unlike most other issues, religion is near and dear to everyone. Most everyone was born into a religion, practiced a religion, or is in a religion, or was heavily exposed to religion through friends and other family. The apathy level for this topic is low.

Talk about something else for f**king once. Stay with your beliefs and stop trying to belittle others. It's rude.

Well, what if someone believes something stupid? Are they entitled to that unchallenged opinion, especially if they spout it in an open forum like this, just because that belief is about the cosmos? Why is someone's beliefs about the universe so set in stone, not to be challenged? We challenge all beliefs, political, social, moral, so why is this sacred? (Get it? Sacred. Ha. Ha. Ha.)
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved