Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

Evolution Is a Religion

jh1234l
Posts: 580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 8:28:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Evolutionism is a religion, because it requires a lot of faith. Why? There is no scientific evidence for evolution. Evolution is a lie!

Evolution states that a dot came from nowhere. Then, it exploded for no reason, spontaneously creating the universe. Then, a ball of gas started spinning and spinning until it formed the solar system. Life appeared spontaneously from goo, and evolved into little dots. Then, the little dots turned into huge creatures that appeared like tadpoles. Those creatures liked to swim, and they swam until they suddenly turned into fish. Then, the fish decided that it would be cool to climb out of the ocean, so they evolved lungs and climbed out of the ocean. They became frogs! Then, the frogs grew hair, and turned into monkeys! The first monkey, which morphed into the first human, which evolutionists called the "common ancestor". Evolution is just a theory, and is created by Darwin, a racist who supports Hitler and thinks that the Aryan race is the supreme race.

Evolution is based on complete random chance. If a tornado were to blow through a warehouse, it does not randomly create a boeing 747, even if all the parts and materials that were needed were inside the warehouse.

The second law of thermodynamics says that entropy, which is disorder, always increases in closed systems. Evolution creates order, which is contradictory to the second law of thermodynamics. Some atheists may say that the sun shines on the Earth, so the Earth is an open system, or that the organisms themselves are open systems, but we'll see if they will still hold on to their delusions when they get dropped into the burning hot fires of hell. Evolution is a religion because supernatural forces are needed to reduce entropy.

If evolution is true, then speciation and transitional fossils should exist. However, they do not exist, and all of the alleged instances are frauds, because the atheists will realize that they have been lied to by public schools when they wake up in hell. All transitional fossils are fake because Darwin made up the Piltdown man.

Irreducible complexity is a fatal blow to evolution. Half-ears and quarter-legs are not beneficial to organisms, so they cannot be selected by natural selection and cannot form gradually.

In the cambrian explosion, the world's first multicellular organisms suddenly spontaneously appeared out of nowhere and left their fossils. Some atheists may use loopholes, such as claiming that the cambrian is a historical period stretching millions of years, and not spontaneous, and that "transitional fossils" between old species and species created in the cambrian were found. However, they will stop believing the lies of evil liberal scientists when they get tortured by demons in the afterlife!

Evolution has also been causing crime and pollution. The 9/11, Katrina, etc. were all punishments for America accepting evolution!

As you can see, because evolution is flawed and requires faith and special pleading, it is a religion!
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
1 square right of Nelson Mandela, 2 squares down from Francois Hollande
jh1234l
Posts: 580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 10:36:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Also, evolutionists are evil satanists!
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
1 square right of Nelson Mandela, 2 squares down from Francois Hollande
goldtrotter
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 5:53:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
There is plenty of scientific evidence to prove evolution is real, so you are mistaken my friend. In fact, "theory of evolution" is a misnomer as it is no longer a theory. It is proven.

On the other hand, the creationist idea is entirely false with nothing to back it up but the Bible, written thousands of years ago at the hand of man.
queenofmayhem
Posts: 132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 6:19:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/28/2014 8:28:21 PM, jh1234l wrote:
Evolutionism is a religion, because it requires a lot of faith. Why? There is no scientific evidence for evolution. Evolution is a lie!

In fact, there is plenty of evidence supporting evolution. What goldtrotter has stated is true, the theory of evolution is a misnomer, as there is no reason to call it a theory when it has been proven.

Evolution states that a dot came from nowhere. Then, it exploded for no reason, spontaneously creating the universe. Then, a ball of gas started spinning and spinning until it formed the solar system. Life appeared spontaneously from goo, and evolved into little dots. Then, the little dots turned into huge creatures that appeared like tadpoles. Those creatures liked to swim, and they swam until they suddenly turned into fish. Then, the fish decided that it would be cool to climb out of the ocean, so they evolved lungs and climbed out of the ocean. They became frogs! Then, the frogs grew hair, and turned into monkeys! The first monkey, which morphed into the first human, which evolutionists called the "common ancestor". Evolution is just a theory, and is created by Darwin, a racist who supports Hitler and thinks that the Aryan race is the supreme race.

You obviously have not looked into the science of evolution, therefore this destroys your credibility to speak of it. What you have stated above is entirely untrue and shows what little knowledge you have on the subject, quite hilarious actually. Your feeble attempt at discrediting Darwin by claiming he is racist and supports Hitler is laughable because it reminds me of a child throwing a tantrum. Open you eyes, hon.

Evolution is based on complete random chance. If a tornado were to blow through a warehouse, it does not randomly create a boeing 747, even if all the parts and materials that were needed were inside the warehouse.

Analogy is incorrect and irrelevant.

The second law of thermodynamics says that entropy, which is disorder, always increases in closed systems. Evolution creates order, which is contradictory to the second law of thermodynamics. Some atheists may say that the sun shines on the Earth, so the Earth is an open system, or that the organisms themselves are open systems, but we'll see if they will still hold on to their delusions when they get dropped into the burning hot fires of hell. Evolution is a religion because supernatural forces are needed to reduce entropy.

Evolution has never contradicted the second law of thermodynamics as disorder and order are a part of our "system" and you are incorrect in trying to claim the evolution is wrong because organized religions attempt to use order vs. disorder, a matter they themselves do not understand. It only sounds right, so that is why people like you like to use it as an excuse.

If evolution is true, then speciation and transitional fossils should exist. However, they do not exist, and all of the alleged instances are frauds, because the atheists will realize that they have been lied to by public schools when they wake up in hell. All transitional fossils are fake because Darwin made up the Piltdown man.

There are plenty of transitional fossils to support evolution, and a second feeble attempt as discrediting Darwin does not change this. Not only this, but other scientific occurrences such as continental drift goes to show that organisms can and will evolve.

Irreducible complexity is a fatal blow to evolution. Half-ears and quarter-legs are not beneficial to organisms, so they cannot be selected by natural selection and cannot form gradually.

In the cambrian explosion, the world's first multicellular organisms suddenly spontaneously appeared out of nowhere and left their fossils. Some atheists may use loopholes, such as claiming that the cambrian is a historical period stretching millions of years, and not spontaneous, and that "transitional fossils" between old species and species created in the cambrian were found. However, they will stop believing the lies of evil liberal scientists when they get tortured by demons in the afterlife!

Evil liberal scientists? Ha! I think in your argument you have destroyed your credibility in the matter, but now all you have to say is that the demons of hell go to show that evolution is fake. Open your eyes! We are a modern society, and it is people like you that turn your back on all these amazing scientific advances that bring us down. Honestly, to believe in demons and angels is like believing in witches and unicorns. Or are those real too?

Evolution has also been causing crime and pollution. The 9/11, Katrina, etc. were all punishments for America accepting evolution!

Oh, and your evidence for this is where? That is what I thought :)

As you can see, because evolution is flawed and requires faith and special pleading, it is a religion!
Sswdwm
Posts: 1,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 7:40:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I attend evolution mass every Sunday, to profess my faith that simple things became complex!

Nothing magically exploded to form the Earth, BOOM!
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:
http://www.debate.org...

God most likely exists:
http://www.debate.org...
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 2:58:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 10:36:39 PM, jh1234l wrote:
Also, evolutionists are evil satanists!

Wrong. Southern Christians are evil Satanists. XD
bjaysus
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 5:12:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
evolution could be a quick 6,000 year process where the big bang happened and the universe formed quickly in just a thousand years, against the possibility of the travel of matter even at light speed to the eventual size of the universe ...

... then planets were gathered in localised solar systems from debris in just a thousand years, against the possibility of the collection of critical mass to form planets ...

... but much more quicker the sedimentation layers of rock in millimetre layers were formed every week around each planet like the ebbing of the tides, so that ...

... fossilised rock layers started forming instantaneously with the most basic and earliest forms of arthropods - trilobites which instantly appeared in just a couple of years at the bottom of all rock formation layers, then in 52 weeks, 52 millimetres of rock (or 2 inches) formed ...

... then in a thousand years, 2,000 inches of rock layers formed, or rock formations and layers 166 feet deep, (or high) so that the greek and roman empires were often rebuilding their empires every few decades over several feet of sedimentary rock formation ...

... so that the final rock sedimentation record, over say 4,000 years was just 600 feet deep overall, and not the thousands of feet deep we know about and the thousands of feet high up mountains, clearly visible with sedimentary rock layer evidence ...

... all this operating at a rate of super fast rock layering that made every new civilisation keep having to build on several feet of rock layer build up of several feet every few decades, but not like today somehow ...

... and in every few tens of feet of rock layer sedimentation, there are fast explosions in this 6,000 year idea of the universe of the evolution of species from simple trilobites through to sharks then dinosaurs then mammals and humans, very quickly ...

... like as if evolution is happening at light speed with new super species self invented in just a few years between every developed level

yeah evolution is like religion, it sounds feckin nuts
Dogknox
Posts: 5,072
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 5:20:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 10:36:39 PM, jh1234l wrote:
Also, evolutionists are evil satanists!

I add: The evolutionist BELIEVE it is right to Kill the old, the weak, the poor, the marginalized, handicapped for the survival of the gene pool!!
The survival of the fittest.. Hitler was an evolutionist!
Most all Atheists are believers of "Evolution the survival of the fittest!"

Christians on the other hand... Protect the weak, the poor, the marginalized, handicapped etc
We all know where Hitler got us; He also was an atheist!!
jh1234l
Posts: 580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 11:35:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 5:20:42 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/29/2014 10:36:39 PM, jh1234l wrote:
Also, evolutionists are evil satanists!

I add: The evolutionist BELIEVE it is right to Kill the old, the weak, the poor, the marginalized, handicapped for the survival of the gene pool!!
The survival of the fittest.. Hitler was an evolutionist!
Most all Atheists are believers of "Evolution the survival of the fittest!"

Christians on the other hand... Protect the weak, the poor, the marginalized, handicapped etc
We all know where Hitler got us; He also was an atheist!!

Yay! Finally there is someone who speaksout against the persecution and oppresion of the truth by evil athiests!!
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
1 square right of Nelson Mandela, 2 squares down from Francois Hollande
Dogknox
Posts: 5,072
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 10:19:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/2/2014 11:35:00 PM, jh1234l wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:20:42 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/29/2014 10:36:39 PM, jh1234l wrote:
Also, evolutionists are evil satanists!

I add: The evolutionist BELIEVE it is right to Kill the old, the weak, the poor, the marginalized, handicapped for the survival of the gene pool!!
The survival of the fittest.. Hitler was an evolutionist!
Most all Atheists are believers of "Evolution the survival of the fittest!"

Christians on the other hand... Protect the weak, the poor, the marginalized, handicapped etc
We all know where Hitler got us; He also was an atheist!!

Yay! Finally there is someone who speaksout against the persecution and oppresion of the truth by evil athiests!!

jh1234l You have your beliefs.... So what is the problem??
You >>BELIEVE<< there is not a God!!
You>> CANNOT<< prove there is NO God otherwise your BELIEF would not be a belief anymore, it would be the truth!

FACT: Evolution means: The survival of the fittest!
Meaning... A true evolutionist would kill the old the sick the handicapped the weak the malnourished etc... for the betterment of the gene pool!

Logic alone says: All Atheists MUST believe in "Evolution"!
jh1234l take it how you like... I don't care!
jkerr3
Posts: 177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 11:06:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 5:20:42 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/29/2014 10:36:39 PM, jh1234l wrote:
Also, evolutionists are evil satanists!

I add: The evolutionist BELIEVE it is right to Kill the old, the weak, the poor, the marginalized, handicapped for the survival of the gene pool!!
The survival of the fittest.. Hitler was an evolutionist!
Most all Atheists are believers of "Evolution the survival of the fittest!"

Christians on the other hand... Protect the weak, the poor, the marginalized, handicapped etc
We all know where Hitler got us; He also was an atheist!!

IDK what your talking about here, evolution has nothing to do with killing people lmao. And it's not survival of the fittest either, it's mutations. If I have a mutation that makes me smarter than you or stronger than you than I will be able to thrive better than you and I will be more likely to reproduce. Thus my children will receive that gene making them smarter/stronger and they will be more likely to reproduce ect.... eventually 1000 years down the road everyone has that gene.

IDK what hitler has to do with it
monty1
Posts: 1,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 11:36:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 5:20:42 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/29/2014 10:36:39 PM, jh1234l wrote:
Also, evolutionists are evil satanists!

I add: The evolutionist BELIEVE it is right to Kill the old, the weak, the poor, the marginalized, handicapped for the survival of the gene pool!!
The survival of the fittest.. Hitler was an evolutionist!
Most all Atheists are believers of "Evolution the survival of the fittest!"

Christians on the other hand... Protect the weak, the poor, the marginalized, handicapped etc
We all know where Hitler got us; He also was an atheist!!

We are proud of our death panels in Canada and there's no doubt that more of us are atheists. The question is, did the death panels come first and that made us choose death, or were we atheists who chose death panels over life?
Dogknox
Posts: 5,072
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 12:26:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/3/2014 11:06:35 AM, jkerr3 wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:20:42 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/29/2014 10:36:39 PM, jh1234l wrote:
Also, evolutionists are evil satanists!

I add: The evolutionist BELIEVE it is right to Kill the old, the weak, the poor, the marginalized, handicapped for the survival of the gene pool!!
The survival of the fittest.. Hitler was an evolutionist!
Most all Atheists are believers of "Evolution the survival of the fittest!"

Christians on the other hand... Protect the weak, the poor, the marginalized, handicapped etc
We all know where Hitler got us; He also was an atheist!!

IDK what your talking about here, evolution has nothing to do with killing people lmao. And it's not survival of the fittest either, it's mutations. If I have a mutation that makes me smarter than you or stronger than you than I will be able to thrive better than you and I will be more likely to reproduce. Thus my children will receive that gene making them smarter/stronger and they will be more likely to reproduce ect.... eventually 1000 years down the road everyone has that gene.

IDK what hitler has to do with it

jkerr3 Hitler killed Jews and mentally retarded as a superior race he had to stop their reproduction!!

Yes MUTATIONS in Animals cause the better breed.. Humans want to speed up the process they proclaim "the survival of the fittest their right to do so!"
jkerr3 If you believe in the "Survival of the fittest" you will also kill the weak the retarded the handicapped!"
It is a slippery slope.... "Kill the old" they are a burden on society!

It was predicted long ago, after Abortion is legalized "euthanasia" will follow! There are countries today already passing laws in favor of this practice!

Abortion is killing the weak in favor of the strong! Survival of the fittest; The strong push the weak out of the nest!
Funny don't you think that ALL....
jkerr3 all those in favor of Abortion have already been born!!!
Dogknox
Posts: 5,072
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 7:57:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/3/2014 11:36:42 AM, monty1 wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:20:42 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/29/2014 10:36:39 PM, jh1234l wrote:
Also, evolutionists are evil satanists!

I add: The evolutionist BELIEVE it is right to Kill the old, the weak, the poor, the marginalized, handicapped for the survival of the gene pool!!
The survival of the fittest.. Hitler was an evolutionist!
Most all Atheists are believers of "Evolution the survival of the fittest!"

Christians on the other hand... Protect the weak, the poor, the marginalized, handicapped etc
We all know where Hitler got us; He also was an atheist!!

We are proud of our death panels in Canada and there's no doubt that more of us are atheists. The question is, did the death panels come first and that made us choose death, or were we atheists who chose death panels over life?

death panels????? Please rephrase.... I am not sure what you mean by these "death panels"!
jkerr3
Posts: 177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 10:54:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/3/2014 12:26:20 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 4/3/2014 11:06:35 AM, jkerr3 wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:20:42 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/29/2014 10:36:39 PM, jh1234l wrote:
Also, evolutionists are evil satanists!

I add: The evolutionist BELIEVE it is right to Kill the old, the weak, the poor, the marginalized, handicapped for the survival of the gene pool!!
The survival of the fittest.. Hitler was an evolutionist!
Most all Atheists are believers of "Evolution the survival of the fittest!"

Christians on the other hand... Protect the weak, the poor, the marginalized, handicapped etc
We all know where Hitler got us; He also was an atheist!!

IDK what your talking about here, evolution has nothing to do with killing people lmao. And it's not survival of the fittest either, it's mutations. If I have a mutation that makes me smarter than you or stronger than you than I will be able to thrive better than you and I will be more likely to reproduce. Thus my children will receive that gene making them smarter/stronger and they will be more likely to reproduce ect.... eventually 1000 years down the road everyone has that gene.

IDK what hitler has to do with it

jkerr3 Hitler killed Jews and mentally retarded as a superior race he had to stop their reproduction!!

Yes MUTATIONS in Animals cause the better breed.. Humans want to speed up the process they proclaim "the survival of the fittest their right to do so!"
jkerr3 If you believe in the "Survival of the fittest" you will also kill the weak the retarded the handicapped!"
It is a slippery slope.... "Kill the old" they are a burden on society!

It was predicted long ago, after Abortion is legalized "euthanasia" will follow! There are countries today already passing laws in favor of this practice!

Abortion is killing the weak in favor of the strong! Survival of the fittest; The strong push the weak out of the nest!
Funny don't you think that ALL....
jkerr3 all those in favor of Abortion have already been born!!!

You keep bringing up hitler, he wasn't a scientest/biologist he has nothing to do with the study of evolution and he obviously didnt come from a higher race b/c if he did he wouldn't have lost the war lol.

Humans don't need to kill of weaker humans because they will die naturally, people with bad genes such as austistic people or people with sever illnesses are likely to die young and not to reproduce. Healthy intelligent humans are more likely to reproduce and pass on our genes. And we are developing medicene to help the ones who are ill which is they exact opposite of killing them unlike what you claim.

You keep getting off topic.... Abortion has nothing to do with evolution lol, it starting to sound like your just going on a rant with no real purpose.
Dogknox
Posts: 5,072
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 9:40:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/3/2014 10:54:41 PM, jkerr3 wrote:
At 4/3/2014 12:26:20 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 4/3/2014 11:06:35 AM, jkerr3 wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:20:42 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/29/2014 10:36:39 PM, jh1234l wrote:
Also, evolutionists are evil satanists!

I add: The evolutionist BELIEVE it is right to Kill the old, the weak, the poor, the marginalized, handicapped for the survival of the gene pool!!
The survival of the fittest.. Hitler was an evolutionist!
Most all Atheists are believers of "Evolution the survival of the fittest!"

Christians on the other hand... Protect the weak, the poor, the marginalized, handicapped etc
We all know where Hitler got us; He also was an atheist!!

IDK what your talking about here, evolution has nothing to do with killing people lmao. And it's not survival of the fittest either, it's mutations. If I have a mutation that makes me smarter than you or stronger than you than I will be able to thrive better than you and I will be more likely to reproduce. Thus my children will receive that gene making them smarter/stronger and they will be more likely to reproduce ect.... eventually 1000 years down the road everyone has that gene.

IDK what hitler has to do with it

jkerr3 Hitler killed Jews and mentally retarded as a superior race he had to stop their reproduction!!

Yes MUTATIONS in Animals cause the better breed.. Humans want to speed up the process they proclaim "the survival of the fittest their right to do so!"
jkerr3 If you believe in the "Survival of the fittest" you will also kill the weak the retarded the handicapped!"
It is a slippery slope.... "Kill the old" they are a burden on society!

It was predicted long ago, after Abortion is legalized "euthanasia" will follow! There are countries today already passing laws in favor of this practice!

Abortion is killing the weak in favor of the strong! Survival of the fittest; The strong push the weak out of the nest!
Funny don't you think that ALL....
jkerr3 all those in favor of Abortion have already been born!!!

You keep bringing up hitler, he wasn't a scientest/biologist he has nothing to do with the study of evolution and he obviously didnt come from a higher race b/c if he did he wouldn't have lost the war lol.

Humans don't need to kill of weaker humans because they will die naturally, people with bad genes such as austistic people or people with sever illnesses are likely to die young and not to reproduce. Healthy intelligent humans are more likely to reproduce and pass on our genes. And we are developing medicene to help the ones who are ill which is they exact opposite of killing them unlike what you claim.

You keep getting off topic.... Abortion has nothing to do with evolution lol, it starting to sound like your just going on a rant with no real purpose.

jkerr3 Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species

"The survival of the fittest!"

Nazism, eugenics, fascism, imperialism
Social Darwinism was predominantly found in laissez-faire societies where the prevailing view was that of an individualist order to society. As such, Social Darwinism, supposed that human progress would generally favor the most individualistic races, which were those perceived as stronger. The opposite position to Social Darwinism was Reform Darwinism, which called on the State to actively guide human evolution as a social question. Reform Darwinists were primarily members of the Progressive intellectual movement and manifested their general belief in government involvement into specific support for community programs including eugenics programs and segregation. Reform Darwinism was part of the ideological foundations of Nazism and other fascist movements. However, this form of social Darwinism is different from the laissez-faire version, because it does not envision survival of the fittest within an individualist order of society, but rather advocates a type of racial and national struggle where the state directs human breeding through eugenics. Names such as "Darwinian collectivism" or "Reform Darwinism" have been suggested to describe these views, in order to differentiate them from the individualist type of social Darwinism.

Some pre-twentieth century doctrines subsequently described as social Darwinism appear to anticipate state imposed eugenics and the race doctrines of Nazism. Critics have frequently linked evolution, Charles Darwin and social Darwinism with racialism, nationalism, imperialism and eugenics, contending that social Darwinism became one of the pillars of fascism and Nazi ideology, and that the consequences of the application of policies of "survival of the fittest" by Nazi Germany eventually created a very strong backlash against the theory.

As mentioned above, social Darwinism has often been linked to nationalism and imperialism. During the age of New Imperialism, the concepts of evolution justified the exploitation of "lesser breeds without the law" by "superior races." To elitists, strong nations were composed of white people who were successful at expanding their empires, and as such, these strong nations would survive in the struggle for dominance.[ With this attitude, Europeans, except for Christian missionaries, seldom adopted the customs and languages of local people under their empires.
andymcstab
Posts: 308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 12:25:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Everyone claims there is a mountain of evidence for evolution. Where exactly?
Could you please share a pebble of this mountain with us scientifically illiterate neanderthal men?
perplexed
Posts: 863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 12:38:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/28/2014 8:28:21 PM, jh1234l wrote:
Evolutionism is a religion, because it requires a lot of faith. Why? There is no scientific evidence for evolution. Evolution is a lie!

it takes faith to ignore the facts...
poor thing
: At 4/29/2014 3:14:36 AM, annanicole wrote:

:
: I'll be happy to concede the raping of virgin girls, if you can find it somewhere.
SemperVI
Posts: 294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 1:46:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Is it a religion? No, not even close. Is it junk science? It is beginning to look that way.

Having said that - it is important to recognize that just because people believe in evolution, does not make it a religion. Just as people who believe in a political ideology does not make politics a religion.

The only thing religion and evolution have in common is that both are man made explanations and interpretations of our origins. I know, there are a bunch of people here that believe evolution is a scientific fact. I get it - I used to be one of those people who bought evolution hook, line and sinker. It is what is being taught in our public schools and in some cases under graduate programs in universities across the country.

Interestingly enough, graduate levels and above in more and more science based educating are no longer teaching this. This is particularly true in physics, mathematics, micro biology and genetics. The reason for this is because the scientific community has a much better understanding of the nature of life and evolution does not fit the science.

Accordingly, it is becoming more and more difficult to find a modern scientist who will argue in favor of evolution; however, they will not argue against it either because it is still very political. It will take time for society to recognize the reality of our own existence.

I do not say this to make an argument for religion either. If you truly believe in scientific principles, I ask that you simply open your mind, and re evaluate the scientific evidence that points out all the inconsistencies of the theory of evolution. I would suggest you research DNA/RNA sequencing, research basic quantum mechanics and sub atomic particles/wave patterns, research the golden ratio and how it correlates with a precisely tuned universe. Look at the work paleontologists are doing and see what they have to say. If you do this and earnest, and you are at a minimum at least not asking yourself "WTH!". Well, I don't know what to say except that you are clinging onto a theory that is dying on the scientific vine.

The truth is, validity of evolution maintains its tenacity because it is the only thing that refutes a faith based world view of the origins of life. Just because a persons faith describes life as being created and you do not believe in that faith, does not mean life as we know it was NOT deliberate, was not created.

I said my peace - be diligent, do the homework as a rationale adult. Examine the empirical evidence with an open mind. You may be surprised what you find.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 4:08:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/5/2014 1:46:28 PM, SemperVI wrote:
Is it a religion? No, not even close. Is it junk science? It is beginning to look that way.

Having said that - it is important to recognize that just because people believe in evolution, does not make it a religion. Just as people who believe in a political ideology does not make politics a religion.

The only thing religion and evolution have in common is that both are man made explanations and interpretations of our origins. I know, there are a bunch of people here that believe evolution is a scientific fact. I get it - I used to be one of those people who bought evolution hook, line and sinker. It is what is being taught in our public schools and in some cases under graduate programs in universities across the country.

Interestingly enough, graduate levels and above in more and more science based educating are no longer teaching this. This is particularly true in physics, mathematics, micro biology and genetics. The reason for this is because the scientific community has a much better understanding of the nature of life and evolution does not fit the science.

Funny, because I have a friend who is a graduate student in the Ecology and Evolutionary Biology department of U of T, and I dont remember him saying how his department is becoming obsolete.

Accordingly, it is becoming more and more difficult to find a modern scientist who will argue in favor of evolution; however, they will not argue against it either because it is still very political. It will take time for society to recognize the reality of our own existence.

Laughable. As someone who is a scientist and is, relatively, caught up both among friends who are graduate students, some working on their PhD, All of which I consider modern scientists studying and working in the field of biology, and yet none of them seem to have difficulty arguing in favor of evolution.

I do not say this to make an argument for religion either. If you truly believe in scientific principles, I ask that you simply open your mind, and re evaluate the scientific evidence that points out all the inconsistencies of the theory of evolution. I would suggest you research DNA/RNA sequencing, research basic quantum mechanics and sub atomic particles/wave patterns, research the golden ratio and how it correlates with a precisely tuned universe. Look at the work paleontologists are doing and see what they have to say. If you do this and earnest, and you are at a minimum at least not asking yourself "WTH!". Well, I don't know what to say except that you are clinging onto a theory that is dying on the scientific vine.

Such as? What sort of inconsistencies, are there? I dont know why youre bringing up things like precisely tuned universe in a discussion about evolutionary biology, but arguments like that, I.e. Anthropic principle and the likes, have already been addressed by many philosophers as utterly absurd.

The truth is, validity of evolution maintains its tenacity because it is the only thing that refutes a faith based world view of the origins of life.

Uh, no, the validity of evolution maintains its tenacity because it is the theory that has the most evidence to back it up, with the least amount of evidence that contradicts it. I mean, evolution has nothing to do with the origins of life to begin with, so it could not, by definition, refute a faith based worldview of the origin of life.

Just because a persons faith describes life as being created and you do not believe in that faith, does not mean life as we know it was NOT deliberate, was not created.

Sure. And just because a persons faith describes life as being created and you do not believe in that faith, does not mean life as we know it WAS deliberate, WAS created, either. I mean, what a meaningless thing to say.

In conclusion, everything you said was utterly absurd and unsubstantiated.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 4:18:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/5/2014 12:25:29 PM, andymcstab wrote:
Everyone claims there is a mountain of evidence for evolution. Where exactly?
Could you please share a pebble of this mountain with us scientifically illiterate neanderthal men?

Genetics alone provides a mountain of evidence for evolution.
SemperVI
Posts: 294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 4:22:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/5/2014 4:08:28 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 4/5/2014 1:46:28 PM, SemperVI wrote:
Blah blah blah

You have a friend who said..... That is what you come up with.

I am not going to bother giving you the evidence because all you need to do is your own research. It is not something you can paraphrase - do your research. Both Science and Nature magazine are writing articles all the time asking these questions.

I agree, many scientist still believe this and are desperately trying to prove it. The reason for this is because it is being refuted by other scientists, not theologians per se. Do your research. Of course your friend who is studying Evolution believes in it - he committed his life to it.

All I am saying is that there is in fact science that refutes evolution the way it is taught. there are accomplished scientists who say evolution is dead, its junk science. Do your research. Take the time to look at the evidence. I know you have not because you actually said there is no evidence. This is simply not the case - Google is a click away. Do your own research, allow yourself to question this. If you walk away with the same opinion, you have lost nothing and will only better understand the argument that is being made. Don't give in to telling someone also has a background in science they are absurd - that is a knee jerk reaction. Do your research

Here, I will point you in the right direction if you really need to be lead to water

Google Keyword: Scientific Evidence that refutes evolution
https://www.google.com...
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 4:47:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/5/2014 4:22:55 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 4/5/2014 4:08:28 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 4/5/2014 1:46:28 PM, SemperVI wrote:
Blah blah blah

You have a friend who said..... That is what you come up with.

Since your argument was how it was "more and more difficult to find a modern scientist who will argue in favor of evolution", yes, I believe that finding people who argue in favor of evolution demonstrates how you are wrong. If you want actual names of people who support evolution, ill direct you to project Steve(http://ncse.com...).

I am not going to bother giving you the evidence because all you need to do is your own research. It is not something you can paraphrase - do your research. Both Science and Nature magazine are writing articles all the time asking these questions.

Ah, yes. I love it. The old "I have proof that evolution is false, but Im not gonna give you the evidence".

I agree, many scientist still believe this and are desperately trying to prove it. The reason for this is because it is being refuted by other scientists, not theologians per se. Do your research. Of course your friend who is studying Evolution believes in it - he committed his life to it.

Trying to prove what, exactly? The theory of Evolution has already been "Proven(as far as things can be proven in science, atleast)" to be true/accurate.

Specific aspects of the history of evolution, the pathway of the evolution of specific species, etc, are certainly up for debate, but the actual theory of evolution is something that has been demonstrated, "Proven" if you will, to be accurate.

All I am saying is that there is in fact science that refutes evolution the way it is taught. there are accomplished scientists who say evolution is dead, its junk science. Do your research. Take the time to look at the evidence. I know you have not because you actually said there is no evidence. This is simply not the case - Google is a click away. Do your own research, allow yourself to question this. If you walk away with the same opinion, you have lost nothing and will only better understand the argument that is being made. Don't give in to telling someone also has a background in science they are absurd - that is a knee jerk reaction. Do your research

Here, I will point you in the right direction if you really need to be lead to water

Google Keyword: Scientific Evidence that refutes evolution
https://www.google.com...

You keep telling me to do the research. Guess what? Ive been here on this site, and others, discussed with creationists for many years, and ive done the research. And guess what? None of the evidence against evolution actually stands up to scrutiny. Which is why im asking you for evidence, because I have done the research and have come up with nothing.

I mean, here is the first website on the google search:
http://www.icr.org...

Even within the first introductory paragraph alone, there are problems. If you want me to list them, id be happy to. I guess thats the difference between you and me. When someone asks me for evidence, I provide it, and im happy to discuss it further. When someone asks you for evidence, you dont.
andymcstab
Posts: 308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 7:56:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/5/2014 4:18:39 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 4/5/2014 12:25:29 PM, andymcstab wrote:
Everyone claims there is a mountain of evidence for evolution. Where exactly?
Could you please share a pebble of this mountain with us scientifically illiterate neanderthal men?

Genetics alone provides a mountain of evidence for evolution.

Such as?
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 11:26:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/5/2014 7:56:12 PM, andymcstab wrote:
At 4/5/2014 4:18:39 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 4/5/2014 12:25:29 PM, andymcstab wrote:
Everyone claims there is a mountain of evidence for evolution. Where exactly?
Could you please share a pebble of this mountain with us scientifically illiterate neanderthal men?

Genetics alone provides a mountain of evidence for evolution.

Such as?

Off the top of my head, ERVs? 2nd Chromosome? Vitamin C deficiencies? These are all within the segment of common ancestry between humans and other apes.
andymcstab
Posts: 308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 6:56:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/5/2014 11:26:31 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 4/5/2014 7:56:12 PM, andymcstab wrote:
At 4/5/2014 4:18:39 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 4/5/2014 12:25:29 PM, andymcstab wrote:
Everyone claims there is a mountain of evidence for evolution. Where exactly?
Could you please share a pebble of this mountain with us scientifically illiterate neanderthal men?

Genetics alone provides a mountain of evidence for evolution.

Such as?

Off the top of my head, ERVs? 2nd Chromosome? Vitamin C deficiencies? These are all within the segment of common ancestry between humans and other apes.

Explain how they're evidence for evolution.
jkerr3
Posts: 177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 12:40:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/4/2014 9:40:13 AM, Dogknox wrote:
At 4/3/2014 10:54:41 PM, jkerr3 wrote:
At 4/3/2014 12:26:20 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 4/3/2014 11:06:35 AM, jkerr3 wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:20:42 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/29/2014 10:36:39 PM, jh1234l wrote:
Also, evolutionists are evil satanists!

I add: The evolutionist BELIEVE it is right to Kill the old, the weak, the poor, the marginalized, handicapped for the survival of the gene pool!!
The survival of the fittest.. Hitler was an evolutionist!
Most all Atheists are believers of "Evolution the survival of the fittest!"

Christians on the other hand... Protect the weak, the poor, the marginalized, handicapped etc
We all know where Hitler got us; He also was an atheist!!

IDK what your talking about here, evolution has nothing to do with killing people lmao. And it's not survival of the fittest either, it's mutations. If I have a mutation that makes me smarter than you or stronger than you than I will be able to thrive better than you and I will be more likely to reproduce. Thus my children will receive that gene making them smarter/stronger and they will be more likely to reproduce ect.... eventually 1000 years down the road everyone has that gene.

IDK what hitler has to do with it

jkerr3 Hitler killed Jews and mentally retarded as a superior race he had to stop their reproduction!!

Yes MUTATIONS in Animals cause the better breed.. Humans want to speed up the process they proclaim "the survival of the fittest their right to do so!"
jkerr3 If you believe in the "Survival of the fittest" you will also kill the weak the retarded the handicapped!"
It is a slippery slope.... "Kill the old" they are a burden on society!

It was predicted long ago, after Abortion is legalized "euthanasia" will follow! There are countries today already passing laws in favor of this practice!

Abortion is killing the weak in favor of the strong! Survival of the fittest; The strong push the weak out of the nest!
Funny don't you think that ALL....
jkerr3 all those in favor of Abortion have already been born!!!

You keep bringing up hitler, he wasn't a scientest/biologist he has nothing to do with the study of evolution and he obviously didnt come from a higher race b/c if he did he wouldn't have lost the war lol.

Humans don't need to kill of weaker humans because they will die naturally, people with bad genes such as austistic people or people with sever illnesses are likely to die young and not to reproduce. Healthy intelligent humans are more likely to reproduce and pass on our genes. And we are developing medicene to help the ones who are ill which is they exact opposite of killing them unlike what you claim.

You keep getting off topic.... Abortion has nothing to do with evolution lol, it starting to sound like your just going on a rant with no real purpose.

jkerr3 Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species

"The survival of the fittest!"

Nazism, eugenics, fascism, imperialism
Social Darwinism was predominantly found in laissez-faire societies where the prevailing view was that of an individualist order to society. As such, Social Darwinism, supposed that human progress would generally favor the most individualistic races, which were those perceived as stronger. The opposite position to Social Darwinism was Reform Darwinism, which called on the State to actively guide human evolution as a social question. Reform Darwinists were primarily members of the Progressive intellectual movement and manifested their general belief in government involvement into specific support for community programs including eugenics programs and segregation. Reform Darwinism was part of the ideological foundations of Nazism and other fascist movements. However, this form of social Darwinism is different from the laissez-faire version, because it does not envision survival of the fittest within an individualist order of society, but rather advocates a type of racial and national struggle where the state directs human breeding through eugenics. Names such as "Darwinian collectivism" or "Reform Darwinism" have been suggested to describe these views, in order to differentiate them from the individualist type of social Darwinism.

Some pre-twentieth century doctrines subsequently described as social Darwinism appear to anticipate state imposed eugenics and the race doctrines of Nazism. Critics have frequently linked evolution, Charles Darwin and social Darwinism with racialism, nationalism, imperialism and eugenics, contending that social Darwinism became one of the pillars of fascism and Nazi ideology, and that the consequences of the application of policies of "survival of the fittest" by Nazi Germany eventually created a very strong backlash against the theory.

As mentioned above, social Darwinism has often been linked to nationalism and imperialism. During the age of New Imperialism, the concepts of evolution justified the exploitation of "lesser breeds without the law" by "superior races." To elitists, strong nations were composed of white people who were successful at expanding their empires, and as such, these strong nations would survive in the struggle for dominance.[ With this attitude, Europeans, except for Christian missionaries, seldom adopted the customs and languages of local people under their empires.


First off all you are trying to discredit certain people who reference evolution, instead you should debate the actual theory itself. Just b/c a select group of people attempt to use evolution as a reason to commit evil acts that doesn't mean that the study of evolution is indicative of such acts.

Lets talk about the actual scientific theory of evolution and why it is accurate/inaccurate
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 1:33:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/6/2014 6:56:45 AM, andymcstab wrote:
At 4/5/2014 11:26:31 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 4/5/2014 7:56:12 PM, andymcstab wrote:
At 4/5/2014 4:18:39 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 4/5/2014 12:25:29 PM, andymcstab wrote:
Everyone claims there is a mountain of evidence for evolution. Where exactly?
Could you please share a pebble of this mountain with us scientifically illiterate neanderthal men?

Genetics alone provides a mountain of evidence for evolution.

Such as?

Off the top of my head, ERVs? 2nd Chromosome? Vitamin C deficiencies? These are all within the segment of common ancestry between humans and other apes.

Explain how they're evidence for evolution.

They work just like paternity tests work, i.e. they work on likelihood and statistics. Things like ERVs, where viruses have injected specific DNA sequences into the genome of the animal, and where the DNA sequence injected has mutated, causing the sequence to become inert, and where this mutation is located in the exact same location in two species, are so highly improbable that they could only be the result of common ancestry.