Total Posts:93|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Story of Modern Christians (Hate Em)

ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 10:36:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
When you grow up in the south, you get a taste of hypocrisy. My background is that last year, I was a born again Christian and because of people who told me to look into science to see that Christianity couldn't make sense, I since then became a Christian with an appetite for logic, psychology, and science in general. Anyways

So with me in college and considering being a therapist, I have went into arguments with my folks who question my interest in science. They also don't like watching The Cosmos. That they once asked why do you wanna know all this instead of taking God's word? I respond with "I want to see God's blueprints." So In doing so, I became a believer of the Big Bang. When my dad and I discusses evolution, he said why I believed we came from monkeys. I told him we just share a common ancestor and plus we are born from dust. He goes to say are sons and daughters of Adam and Eve, but I explain other humans had to go through the evolution process so that everyone else could mate and reproduce. After providing many angles of reason to evolution and God, he merely thinks I'm being persuaded by the devil. I felt offended after saying I thought it was God telling me this. He said the same thing when I confessed i didn't think being gay was a sin. I told him the bible told me it wasn't. He was speechless.

Anybody had these encounters before with christians?
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 11:07:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/28/2014 10:36:12 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
When you grow up in the south, you get a taste of hypocrisy. My background is that last year, I was a born again Christian and because of people who told me to look into science to see that Christianity couldn't make sense, I since then became a Christian with an appetite for logic, psychology, and science in general. Anyways

So with me in college and considering being a therapist, I have went into arguments with my folks who question my interest in science. They also don't like watching The Cosmos. That they once asked why do you wanna know all this instead of taking God's word? I respond with "I want to see God's blueprints." So In doing so, I became a believer of the Big Bang. When my dad and I discusses evolution, he said why I believed we came from monkeys. I told him we just share a common ancestor and plus we are born from dust. He goes to say are sons and daughters of Adam and Eve, but I explain other humans had to go through the evolution process so that everyone else could mate and reproduce. After providing many angles of reason to evolution and God, he merely thinks I'm being persuaded by the devil. I felt offended after saying I thought it was God telling me this. He said the same thing when I confessed i didn't think being gay was a sin. I told him the bible told me it wasn't. He was speechless.

Anybody had these encounters before with christians?

Simply put, you're father is ignorant.

Trust me, and I really mean trust me, you are on the right track in your pursuit of knowledge of God.

Do not allow the ignorant to hold you back.

You're exactly right when you say science is "God's blueprints." You can find God just as much in nature and science as you can in the Bible. Those who reject science in the name of their personal beliefs are ignorant.

Also being homosexual is not sinful. However, acting on it is sinful.
Nolite Timere
biomystic
Posts: 606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 7:48:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Wtf? was that?

To the southerner ex-born-again religious jumper, I'd say next time, look before you leap?
I mean when some boring-again tells you "Jump for Jesus" and points to the edge of the Golden Gate Bridge, well, that is your Bible thumper "Christian" who is actually most often a follower of Paul, not Jesus Christ of the Gospels. And certainly not Jesus Christ of the Gnostic Gospels with which I suggest you become familiar with to get an idea that Pauline Christianity is what the world thinks all Christianity is only because Constantin's Roman Empire adopted Pauline Christian Church men's doctrines and not any of the Gnostic Christians--Except of course beloved Pauline John writing against beloved Gnostic Thomas, "Ahn" against "Tammuz" in an example of modern Gnostic exegesis which comes from revelation first, then usually manic desire for more knowledge and hitting the religious reference books or internet these days.
At least that's my experience.

It's different from scientific method research scholarship which would be far more methodical and thorough, and probably weigh things quite a bit differently than relation driven research--which is always looking for Signs, synchronicity events connecting this with that in some really important way, again in my own personal experience as a modern Jewish Christian religious visionary.
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 7:51:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/28/2014 10:36:12 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
When you grow up in the south, you get a taste of hypocrisy. My background is that last year, I was a born again Christian and because of people who told me to look into science to see that Christianity couldn't make sense, I since then became a Christian with an appetite for logic, psychology, and science in general. Anyways

So with me in college and considering being a therapist, I have went into arguments with my folks who question my interest in science. They also don't like watching The Cosmos. That they once asked why do you wanna know all this instead of taking God's word? I respond with "I want to see God's blueprints." So In doing so, I became a believer of the Big Bang. When my dad and I discusses evolution, he said why I believed we came from monkeys. I told him we just share a common ancestor and plus we are born from dust. He goes to say are sons and daughters of Adam and Eve, but I explain other humans had to go through the evolution process so that everyone else could mate and reproduce. After providing many angles of reason to evolution and God, he merely thinks I'm being persuaded by the devil. I felt offended after saying I thought it was God telling me this. He said the same thing when I confessed i didn't think being gay was a sin. I told him the bible told me it wasn't. He was speechless.

Anybody had these encounters before with christians?

I think you arE going to find that there are all kinds of people who are comfortable with their world view. Having found a 'truth' for themselves they are largely comfortable and see no reason to push further. It is a human characteristic hardly unique to Christians

The question is whether you want one man to determine your view of faith for you, a view that you clearly know is at odds both with logic and the standards o Christianity.

My advice? Find some different Christians. There are plenty, and, even in the South, most don't follow a path that rejects science. At some point, and as an aspiring therapist you know this better than most, you are just spinning your wheels.

Some things are not influenced of born of logic, some are. Find those who are.
biomystic
Posts: 606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 7:58:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
But could methodical research arrive here with this science conclusion part of my original religious conversion experience in 1979 to the point of public announcement as part of God's Plan? How long did it take for paleontologists to publicly state birds are the modern descendants of dinosaurs now found to be full of feathers in some species? Think about it.
biomystic
Posts: 606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 8:03:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Resurrection of the Dead

Dinosaurs haven't become extinct. The dinosaurs who managed to get their eggs off the ground and out of harm's way of the new little egg sucking mammals scurrying in the bushes beneath the giants, are here with us today--the birds*.

Easter, 1979
annanicole
Posts: 19,785
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 8:49:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/28/2014 10:36:12 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
When you grow up in the south, you get a taste of hypocrisy. My background is that last year, I was a born again Christian and because of people who told me to look into science to see that Christianity couldn't make sense, I since then became a Christian with an appetite for logic, psychology, and science in general. Anyways

So with me in college and considering being a therapist, I have went into arguments with my folks who question my interest in science. They also don't like watching The Cosmos. That they once asked why do you wanna know all this instead of taking God's word? I respond with "I want to see God's blueprints." So In doing so, I became a believer of the Big Bang. When my dad and I discusses evolution, he said why I believed we came from monkeys. I told him we just share a common ancestor and plus we are born from dust. He goes to say are sons and daughters of Adam and Eve, but I explain other humans had to go through the evolution process so that everyone else could mate and reproduce. After providing many angles of reason to evolution and God, he merely thinks I'm being persuaded by the devil. I felt offended after saying I thought it was God telling me this.

God was telling you this - HOW?

I fail to see how someone can embrace the many theories of evolution, particularly as it relates to humans, and also believe the Biblical account. Nonetheless, when the day is done, the Bible still says that God created the heavens and the earth- and offers little or no explanation as to how He did so.

By the way, I'd be very, very suspicious of those who claim God somehow "spoke" to them or "revealed" things directly to them. If you look around, they are a dime a dozen - and God is telling each of them very different and conflicting things! God must be very, very confused. Know how many of these modern-day "spiritual men" can confirm their messages as did Moses, Daniel, Peter, John, and Paul? A grand total of zero! Yet each of them "knows" it because he "feels" it, and they want to "prove" it by their own testimony.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 9:07:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 8:49:23 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 3/28/2014 10:36:12 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
When you grow up in the south, you get a taste of hypocrisy. My background is that last year, I was a born again Christian and because of people who told me to look into science to see that Christianity couldn't make sense, I since then became a Christian with an appetite for logic, psychology, and science in general. Anyways

So with me in college and considering being a therapist, I have went into arguments with my folks who question my interest in science. They also don't like watching The Cosmos. That they once asked why do you wanna know all this instead of taking God's word? I respond with "I want to see God's blueprints." So In doing so, I became a believer of the Big Bang. When my dad and I discusses evolution, he said why I believed we came from monkeys. I told him we just share a common ancestor and plus we are born from dust. He goes to say are sons and daughters of Adam and Eve, but I explain other humans had to go through the evolution process so that everyone else could mate and reproduce. After providing many angles of reason to evolution and God, he merely thinks I'm being persuaded by the devil. I felt offended after saying I thought it was God telling me this.

God was telling you this - HOW?

I fail to see how someone can embrace the many theories of evolution, particularly as it relates to humans, and also believe the Biblical account. Nonetheless, when the day is done, the Bible still says that God created the heavens and the earth- and offers little or no explanation as to how He did so.

By the way, I'd be very, very suspicious of those who claim God somehow "spoke" to them or "revealed" things directly to them. If you look around, they are a dime a dozen - and God is telling each of them very different and conflicting things! God must be very, very confused. Know how many of these modern-day "spiritual men" can confirm their messages as did Moses, Daniel, Peter, John, and Paul? A grand total of zero! Yet each of them "knows" it because he "feels" it, and they want to "prove" it by their own testimony.

Bible says God created, but my job is to look at how it was done since God wasn't stating specifics for us. All it says is Adam and Eve were created as adults from their birth.
annanicole
Posts: 19,785
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 9:15:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 9:07:31 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 3/29/2014 8:49:23 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 3/28/2014 10:36:12 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
When you grow up in the south, you get a taste of hypocrisy. My background is that last year, I was a born again Christian and because of people who told me to look into science to see that Christianity couldn't make sense, I since then became a Christian with an appetite for logic, psychology, and science in general. Anyways

So with me in college and considering being a therapist, I have went into arguments with my folks who question my interest in science. They also don't like watching The Cosmos. That they once asked why do you wanna know all this instead of taking God's word? I respond with "I want to see God's blueprints." So In doing so, I became a believer of the Big Bang. When my dad and I discusses evolution, he said why I believed we came from monkeys. I told him we just share a common ancestor and plus we are born from dust. He goes to say are sons and daughters of Adam and Eve, but I explain other humans had to go through the evolution process so that everyone else could mate and reproduce. After providing many angles of reason to evolution and God, he merely thinks I'm being persuaded by the devil. I felt offended after saying I thought it was God telling me this.

God was telling you this - HOW?

I fail to see how someone can embrace the many theories of evolution, particularly as it relates to humans, and also believe the Biblical account. Nonetheless, when the day is done, the Bible still says that God created the heavens and the earth- and offers little or no explanation as to how He did so.

By the way, I'd be very, very suspicious of those who claim God somehow "spoke" to them or "revealed" things directly to them. If you look around, they are a dime a dozen - and God is telling each of them very different and conflicting things! God must be very, very confused. Know how many of these modern-day "spiritual men" can confirm their messages as did Moses, Daniel, Peter, John, and Paul? A grand total of zero! Yet each of them "knows" it because he "feels" it, and they want to "prove" it by their own testimony.

Bible says God created, but my job is to look at how it was done since God wasn't stating specifics for us. All it says is Adam and Eve were created as adults from their birth.

Yes, it does, so I'll ask: do you believe that God created Adam as an adult from dust of the ground? Or is your belief that Adam was simply born as an infant from his mother?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 9:44:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/28/2014 10:36:12 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
When you grow up in the south, you get a taste of hypocrisy. My background is that last year, I was a born again Christian and because of people who told me to look into science to see that Christianity couldn't make sense, I since then became a Christian with an appetite for logic, psychology, and science in general. Anyways

So with me in college and considering being a therapist, I have went into arguments with my folks who question my interest in science. They also don't like watching The Cosmos. That they once asked why do you wanna know all this instead of taking God's word? I respond with "I want to see God's blueprints." So In doing so, I became a believer of the Big Bang. When my dad and I discusses evolution, he said why I believed we came from monkeys. I told him we just share a common ancestor and plus we are born from dust. He goes to say are sons and daughters of Adam and Eve, but I explain other humans had to go through the evolution process so that everyone else could mate and reproduce. After providing many angles of reason to evolution and God, he merely thinks I'm being persuaded by the devil. I felt offended after saying I thought it was God telling me this. He said the same thing when I confessed i didn't think being gay was a sin. I told him the bible told me it wasn't. He was speechless.

Anybody had these encounters before with Christians?

Answer me this:
Did God abduct two newly evolved homo-sapiens and put them in a garden where everything was perfect, even though outside the garden things had been dying and killing each other for billions of years? Then one day, they ate a fruit and the world became corrupted, even though animals had already been killing each other for the past several billions of years? So did God re-create the sphere of the Earth even though it had existed for billions of years?
And how about Noah's Flood? Was this just an allegory?
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 10:02:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 9:15:01 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 3/29/2014 9:07:31 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 3/29/2014 8:49:23 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 3/28/2014 10:36:12 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
When you grow up in the south, you get a taste of hypocrisy. My background is that last year, I was a born again Christian and because of people who told me to look into science to see that Christianity couldn't make sense, I since then became a Christian with an appetite for logic, psychology, and science in general. Anyways

So with me in college and considering being a therapist, I have went into arguments with my folks who question my interest in science. They also don't like watching The Cosmos. That they once asked why do you wanna know all this instead of taking God's word? I respond with "I want to see God's blueprints." So In doing so, I became a believer of the Big Bang. When my dad and I discusses evolution, he said why I believed we came from monkeys. I told him we just share a common ancestor and plus we are born from dust. He goes to say are sons and daughters of Adam and Eve, but I explain other humans had to go through the evolution process so that everyone else could mate and reproduce. After providing many angles of reason to evolution and God, he merely thinks I'm being persuaded by the devil. I felt offended after saying I thought it was God telling me this.

God was telling you this - HOW?

I fail to see how someone can embrace the many theories of evolution, particularly as it relates to humans, and also believe the Biblical account. Nonetheless, when the day is done, the Bible still says that God created the heavens and the earth- and offers little or no explanation as to how He did so.

By the way, I'd be very, very suspicious of those who claim God somehow "spoke" to them or "revealed" things directly to them. If you look around, they are a dime a dozen - and God is telling each of them very different and conflicting things! God must be very, very confused. Know how many of these modern-day "spiritual men" can confirm their messages as did Moses, Daniel, Peter, John, and Paul? A grand total of zero! Yet each of them "knows" it because he "feels" it, and they want to "prove" it by their own testimony.

Bible says God created, but my job is to look at how it was done since God wasn't stating specifics for us. All it says is Adam and Eve were created as adults from their birth.

Yes, it does, so I'll ask: do you believe that God created Adam as an adult from dust of the ground? Or is your belief that Adam was simply born as an infant from his mother?

I believe Adam was born from the dust of the ground, which was also made of space dust. So if we are descendants of Adam, it's no wonder we have the space dust DNA.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 10:10:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 9:44:55 AM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 3/28/2014 10:36:12 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
When you grow up in the south, you get a taste of hypocrisy. My background is that last year, I was a born again Christian and because of people who told me to look into science to see that Christianity couldn't make sense, I since then became a Christian with an appetite for logic, psychology, and science in general. Anyways

So with me in college and considering being a therapist, I have went into arguments with my folks who question my interest in science. They also don't like watching The Cosmos. That they once asked why do you wanna know all this instead of taking God's word? I respond with "I want to see God's blueprints." So In doing so, I became a believer of the Big Bang. When my dad and I discusses evolution, he said why I believed we came from monkeys. I told him we just share a common ancestor and plus we are born from dust. He goes to say are sons and daughters of Adam and Eve, but I explain other humans had to go through the evolution process so that everyone else could mate and reproduce. After providing many angles of reason to evolution and God, he merely thinks I'm being persuaded by the devil. I felt offended after saying I thought it was God telling me this. He said the same thing when I confessed i didn't think being gay was a sin. I told him the bible told me it wasn't. He was speechless.

Anybody had these encounters before with Christians?

Answer me this:
Did God abduct two newly evolved homo-sapiens and put them in a garden where everything was perfect, even though outside the garden things had been dying and killing each other for billions of years? Then one day, they ate a fruit and the world became corrupted, even though animals had already been killing each other for the past several billions of years? So did God re-create the sphere of the Earth even though it had existed for billions of years?
And how about Noah's Flood? Was this just an allegory?

I believe that from my bible, it doesn't say what year Adam and Eve existed. So it could've been a long set of years since it doesn't tell us how long it took for the snake to seduce Eve or how long it took for Eve to act. So I believe the earth is billions of years old, but I believe the bible could be accurate of their dates and claims. So no, God didnt recreate the earth. And no, the flood could've been caused by what killed the dinosaurs.
annanicole
Posts: 19,785
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 10:12:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 10:02:10 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 3/29/2014 9:15:01 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 3/29/2014 9:07:31 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 3/29/2014 8:49:23 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 3/28/2014 10:36:12 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
When you grow up in the south, you get a taste of hypocrisy. My background is that last year, I was a born again Christian and because of people who told me to look into science to see that Christianity couldn't make sense, I since then became a Christian with an appetite for logic, psychology, and science in general. Anyways

So with me in college and considering being a therapist, I have went into arguments with my folks who question my interest in science. They also don't like watching The Cosmos. That they once asked why do you wanna know all this instead of taking God's word? I respond with "I want to see God's blueprints." So In doing so, I became a believer of the Big Bang. When my dad and I discusses evolution, he said why I believed we came from monkeys. I told him we just share a common ancestor and plus we are born from dust. He goes to say are sons and daughters of Adam and Eve, but I explain other humans had to go through the evolution process so that everyone else could mate and reproduce. After providing many angles of reason to evolution and God, he merely thinks I'm being persuaded by the devil. I felt offended after saying I thought it was God telling me this.

God was telling you this - HOW?

I fail to see how someone can embrace the many theories of evolution, particularly as it relates to humans, and also believe the Biblical account. Nonetheless, when the day is done, the Bible still says that God created the heavens and the earth- and offers little or no explanation as to how He did so.

By the way, I'd be very, very suspicious of those who claim God somehow "spoke" to them or "revealed" things directly to them. If you look around, they are a dime a dozen - and God is telling each of them very different and conflicting things! God must be very, very confused. Know how many of these modern-day "spiritual men" can confirm their messages as did Moses, Daniel, Peter, John, and Paul? A grand total of zero! Yet each of them "knows" it because he "feels" it, and they want to "prove" it by their own testimony.

Bible says God created, but my job is to look at how it was done since God wasn't stating specifics for us. All it says is Adam and Eve were created as adults from their birth.

Yes, it does, so I'll ask: do you believe that God created Adam as an adult from dust of the ground? Or is your belief that Adam was simply born as an infant from his mother?

I believe Adam was born from the dust of the ground, which was also made of space dust. So if we are descendants of Adam, it's no wonder we have the space dust DNA.

I was unaware that space dust possesses DNA
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 10:35:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
You know what the great thing about the South is? There 's always a big liberal city for you liberal folk to move to.
RoderickSpode
Posts: 2,372
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 10:54:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/28/2014 10:36:12 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
When you grow up in the south, you get a taste of hypocrisy. My background is that last year, I was a born again Christian and because of people who told me to look into science to see that Christianity couldn't make sense, I since then became a Christian with an appetite for logic, psychology, and science in general. Anyways

So with me in college and considering being a therapist, I have went into arguments with my folks who question my interest in science. They also don't like watching The Cosmos. That they once asked why do you wanna know all this instead of taking God's word? I respond with "I want to see God's blueprints." So In doing so, I became a believer of the Big Bang. When my dad and I discusses evolution, he said why I believed we came from monkeys. I told him we just share a common ancestor and plus we are born from dust. He goes to say are sons and daughters of Adam and Eve, but I explain other humans had to go through the evolution process so that everyone else could mate and reproduce. After providing many angles of reason to evolution and God, he merely thinks I'm being persuaded by the devil. I felt offended after saying I thought it was God telling me this. He said the same thing when I confessed i didn't think being gay was a sin. I told him the bible told me it wasn't. He was speechless.

Anybody had these encounters before with christians?
It sounds like you received both extremes. One suggesting that Christianity is anti-science, the other that science is anti-Christianity.

Actually the latter example I think usually gets taken out of context by non-Christians. I think some modern Christians (as they are the only Christians I come in contact with) might be a bit careless in their wording, and give an impression that would almost suggest that science is a non-entity. But one of the problems I think is where you alluded to when you stated,


They also don't like watching The Cosmos


I assume you mean they don't take an interest in astronomy (and/or science in general) as opposed to the popular TV series Cosmos. In reality, most people, Christian or non, are not interested in science to the extent of a Carl Sagan or Richard Dawkins. Therefore, it's easy for them to make dismissive comments that are made carelessly, including Christians. And when a Christian does it, it gets translated as anti-science. When in reality, it's someone who is not interested in it enough to expound on Biblical interpretations involving the Cosmos. Now if someone claims that Monster Trucks are anti-Christian, then that may spark some interest where the Cosmos failed to.

Carl Sagan and Richard Dawkins seem to have given an impression that Christians have stunted the growth of what they both find very fascinating...science and the cosmos. That while there is this vast beautiful universe to behold, and possibly explore further, us modern Christians are only interested in handling snakes, casting demons, etc.

But there are Creationist scientists who've been as fascinated with science as Sagan and Dawkins that had to come to a crossroad. And that crossroad wasn't always rejecting evolution because it contradicts the Bible, but because they initially believed in evolution, and found that molecule-to-man-evolution contradicts science based on their own personal subjective research.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 11:13:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 10:35:07 AM, TN05 wrote:
You know what the great thing about the South is? There 's always a big liberal city for you liberal folk to move to.

Nah. I'm gonna raise some hell in my conservative town.
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 11:29:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 11:13:15 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 3/29/2014 10:35:07 AM, TN05 wrote:
You know what the great thing about the South is? There 's always a big liberal city for you liberal folk to move to.

Nah. I'm gonna raise some hell in my conservative town.

Okay, but don't expect people to not get irritated. I'm sure the people in Greenwich Village or the Bronx wouldn't be too pleased if I moved there and started telling them how all their views are wrong.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 11:31:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 11:29:08 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/29/2014 11:13:15 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 3/29/2014 10:35:07 AM, TN05 wrote:
You know what the great thing about the South is? There 's always a big liberal city for you liberal folk to move to.

Nah. I'm gonna raise some hell in my conservative town.

Okay, but don't expect people to not get irritated. I'm sure the people in Greenwich Village or the Bronx wouldn't be too pleased if I moved there and started telling them how all their views are wrong.

I'm in a band and my kind of stunts are saying Rick Perry and Rick Samtorum are Hitlers children or talking about the building church being a mental institution. XD
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 12:08:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 11:31:44 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 3/29/2014 11:29:08 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/29/2014 11:13:15 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 3/29/2014 10:35:07 AM, TN05 wrote:
You know what the great thing about the South is? There 's always a big liberal city for you liberal folk to move to.

Nah. I'm gonna raise some hell in my conservative town.

Okay, but don't expect people to not get irritated. I'm sure the people in Greenwich Village or the Bronx wouldn't be too pleased if I moved there and started telling them how all their views are wrong.

I'm in a band and my kind of stunts are saying Rick Perry and Rick Samtorum are Hitlers children or talking about the building church being a mental institution. XD

Well, that explains it. Some people aren't going to react well to trolls.

Just out of curiosity, what area of the South do you live in? I live in small-town, Republican North Carolina and haven't heard encountered that many intolerant people. Then again I don't go near any IFBCs, so maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.
Yoshi
Posts: 71
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 12:27:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/28/2014 11:07:21 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
You're exactly right when you say science is "God's blueprints." You can find God just as much in nature and science as you can in the Bible. Those who reject science in the name of their personal beliefs are ignorant.

Also being homosexual is not sinful. However, acting on it is sinful.

"acting on it is sinful."

However you just said "You can find God just as much in nature and science as you can in the Bible."

But homosexuality occurs in nature all the time in many different species?

What is sin anyway? your personal interpretation? if so then how can you trust your own interpretations?

I don't think your reasoning is as solid as you assert it to be.
Yoshi
Posts: 71
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 12:31:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 10:02:10 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:

I believe Adam was born from the dust of the ground, which was also made of space dust. So if we are descendants of Adam, it's no wonder we have the space dust DNA.

But there's an actual natural reason to stay we of stardust?

Didn't you tell us you pursue science to know the blueprints of your creator? yet you cling to stories like "adam and eve" when you only just realized your father was ignorant for the same reason?
Yoshi
Posts: 71
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 12:33:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 12:31:28 PM, Yoshi wrote:
to stay we of

Sorry, didn't see that error.

"to say we're of"*
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 12:37:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 12:27:39 PM, Yoshi wrote:
At 3/28/2014 11:07:21 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
You're exactly right when you say science is "God's blueprints." You can find God just as much in nature and science as you can in the Bible. Those who reject science in the name of their personal beliefs are ignorant.

Also being homosexual is not sinful. However, acting on it is sinful.

"acting on it is sinful."

However you just said "You can find God just as much in nature and science as you can in the Bible."

But homosexuality occurs in nature all the time in many different species?


What is sin anyway? your personal interpretation? if so then how can you trust your own interpretations?



I don't think your reasoning is as solid as you assert it to be.

Nature does not equate to natural law. The purpose of sex is to conclude in procreation. Any act of sex that denies the possibility of procreation, or is not ordered towards procreation in type of biological complimentary is a sin against nature via natural law. This only holds true among humans who are rationale creature and are made as the people of God. A crime against nature is essentially a crime against God, who designed sex for procreation. Anything that frustrates the means of the end of sex purposefully mocks God's design and blessing of pleasure.

Sin is certainly not my personal interpretation. Sin is anything that acts against God or his will.
Nolite Timere
Yoshi
Posts: 71
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 12:49:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 12:37:49 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 3/29/2014 12:27:39 PM, Yoshi wrote:
At 3/28/2014 11:07:21 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
You're exactly right when you say science is "God's blueprints." You can find God just as much in nature and science as you can in the Bible. Those who reject science in the name of their personal beliefs are ignorant.

Also being homosexual is not sinful. However, acting on it is sinful.

"acting on it is sinful."

However you just said "You can find God just as much in nature and science as you can in the Bible."

But homosexuality occurs in nature all the time in many different species?

What is sin anyway? your personal interpretation? if so then how can you trust your own interpretations?

I don't think your reasoning is as solid as you assert it to be.

Nature does not equate to natural law. The purpose of sex is to conclude in procreation. Any act of sex that denies the possibility of procreation, or is not ordered towards procreation in type of biological complimentary is a sin against nature via natural law. This only holds true among humans who are rationale creature and are made as the people of God. A crime against nature is essentially a crime against God, who designed sex for procreation. Anything that frustrates the means of the end of sex purposefully mocks God's design and blessing of pleasure.

Sin is certainly not my personal interpretation. Sin is anything that acts against God or his will.

"The purpose of sex is to conclude in procreation"

Just because you think pleasure should only be for one duty contradicts when you state "Nature does not equate to natural law"

Pleasure isn't just for procreation, pleasure is pleasure and why do you think we evolved with our prostate gland being easily stimulated via anal sex?

" Any act of sex that denies the possibility of procreation, or is not ordered towards procreation in type of biological complimentary is a sin against nature via natural law."

You just contradicted yourself again when you stated "Nature does not equate to natural law"

It IS natural because it IS a phenomenon in nature that occurs for the needs of pleasure.

You don't get to pick and choose whats natural.

"are made as the people of God"

A claim

"crime against nature is essentially a crime against God, who designed sex for procreation"

Another claim

"purposefully mocks God's design and blessing of pleasure."

Another claim

You really aren't going anywhere, Like I said, your reasoning is not quite rational as you think it is.

"Sin is certainly not my personal interpretation. Sin is anything that acts against God or his will."

That proves my point that you in fact are using your own personal interpretation of sin

What about other religions, better yet, what about other stories and verses in the bible that contradicts what is defined as sin?

You pick and choose what you think best fits your own personal interpretation of "sin"
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 12:49:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 12:08:13 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/29/2014 11:31:44 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 3/29/2014 11:29:08 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/29/2014 11:13:15 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 3/29/2014 10:35:07 AM, TN05 wrote:
You know what the great thing about the South is? There 's always a big liberal city for you liberal folk to move to.

Nah. I'm gonna raise some hell in my conservative town.

Okay, but don't expect people to not get irritated. I'm sure the people in Greenwich Village or the Bronx wouldn't be too pleased if I moved there and started telling them how all their views are wrong.

I'm in a band and my kind of stunts are saying Rick Perry and Rick Samtorum are Hitlers children or talking about the building church being a mental institution. XD

Well, that explains it. Some people aren't going to react well to trolls.

Just out of curiosity, what area of the South do you live in? I live in small-town, Republican North Carolina and haven't heard encountered that many intolerant people. Then again I don't go near any IFBCs, so maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.

West Monroe/Monroe, home of Duck Dynasty
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 12:54:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 12:31:28 PM, Yoshi wrote:
At 3/29/2014 10:02:10 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:

I believe Adam was born from the dust of the ground, which was also made of space dust. So if we are descendants of Adam, it's no wonder we have the space dust DNA.

But there's an actual natural reason to stay we of stardust?

Didn't you tell us you pursue science to know the blueprints of your creator? yet you cling to stories like "adam and eve" when you only just realized your father was ignorant for the same reason?

Most christians don't think we are dust. They don't read the bible like I do. I notice where the bible tells us things that are true like a spherical earth or a world where we are made of dust like everything else. Adam and Eve has two sides. Some believe its true, some think its a metaphor that they were the first ape-men. I only look into things when challenged. Or whenever I watch The Cosmos.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 12:59:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 12:37:49 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 3/29/2014 12:27:39 PM, Yoshi wrote:
At 3/28/2014 11:07:21 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
You're exactly right when you say science is "God's blueprints." You can find God just as much in nature and science as you can in the Bible. Those who reject science in the name of their personal beliefs are ignorant.

Also being homosexual is not sinful. However, acting on it is sinful.

"acting on it is sinful."

However you just said "You can find God just as much in nature and science as you can in the Bible."

But homosexuality occurs in nature all the time in many different species?


What is sin anyway? your personal interpretation? if so then how can you trust your own interpretations?



I don't think your reasoning is as solid as you assert it to be.

Nature does not equate to natural law. The purpose of sex is to conclude in procreation. Any act of sex that denies the possibility of procreation, or is not ordered towards procreation in type of biological complimentary is a sin against nature via natural law. This only holds true among humans who are rationale creature and are made as the people of God. A crime against nature is essentially a crime against God, who designed sex for procreation. Anything that frustrates the means of the end of sex purposefully mocks God's design and blessing of pleasure.

Sin is certainly not my personal interpretation. Sin is anything that acts against God or his will.

We all disobey God everyday. The sin of lust occurs in both sexes, and we both act upon it. Gays should be in relationships as much as straights. Acting upon gayness sounds weird. Like I hate the term practicing homosexuals, sounds like piano lessons. Yet, we don't use practicing straight people.
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 1:36:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 12:49:25 PM, Yoshi wrote:
At 3/29/2014 12:37:49 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 3/29/2014 12:27:39 PM, Yoshi wrote:
At 3/28/2014 11:07:21 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
You're exactly right when you say science is "God's blueprints." You can find God just as much in nature and science as you can in the Bible. Those who reject science in the name of their personal beliefs are ignorant.

Also being homosexual is not sinful. However, acting on it is sinful.

"acting on it is sinful."

However you just said "You can find God just as much in nature and science as you can in the Bible."

But homosexuality occurs in nature all the time in many different species?

What is sin anyway? your personal interpretation? if so then how can you trust your own interpretations?

I don't think your reasoning is as solid as you assert it to be.

Nature does not equate to natural law. The purpose of sex is to conclude in procreation. Any act of sex that denies the possibility of procreation, or is not ordered towards procreation in type of biological complimentary is a sin against nature via natural law. This only holds true among humans who are rationale creature and are made as the people of God. A crime against nature is essentially a crime against God, who designed sex for procreation. Anything that frustrates the means of the end of sex purposefully mocks God's design and blessing of pleasure.

Sin is certainly not my personal interpretation. Sin is anything that acts against God or his will.

"The purpose of sex is to conclude in procreation"

Just because you think pleasure should only be for one duty contradicts when you state "Nature does not equate to natural law"


Pleasure isn't just for procreation, pleasure is pleasure and why do you think we evolved with our prostate gland being easily stimulated via anal sex?


" Any act of sex that denies the possibility of procreation, or is not ordered towards procreation in type of biological complimentary is a sin against nature via natural law."

You just contradicted yourself again when you stated "Nature does not equate to natural law"

I'll explain on the assumption that you do not fully understand Natural Law.

Natural Law is how nature was designed towards a certain end of the means. It typically applies to natural morality among humans and is often used in theological philosophy.

In this case, the natural purpose of sex is for procreation. To apply this theologically, God designed sex to be open to procreation. Any sex where procreation is impossible and or is no procreative in type is immoral because it frustrates the means of sex, which would be procreation, and abuses the blessing of sex which would be pleasure.

So, nature is not the same as natural law. It is natural that homosexuality exists, but homosexual sex goes against natural law since it frustrates the purpose of sex.

It IS natural because it IS a phenomenon in nature that occurs for the needs of pleasure.

You don't get to pick and choose whats natural.

"are made as the people of God"

A claim

Yes, I am arguing from a Christian standpoint, so it is to be assumed true.

"crime against nature is essentially a crime against God, who designed sex for procreation"

Another claim

Yes, I am arguing from a Christian standpoint, so it is to be assumed true.

"purposefully mocks God's design and blessing of pleasure."

Another claim

Yes, I am arguing from a Christian standpoint, so it is to be assumed true.

You really aren't going anywhere, Like I said, your reasoning is not quite rational as you think it is.

I'm not sure you're as rational as you think you are.

"Sin is certainly not my personal interpretation. Sin is anything that acts against God or his will."

That proves my point that you in fact are using your own personal interpretation of sin

Where is your proof? This is objectively the definition of sin. I did not apply my own thoughts, ideas, ect. to it.

What about other religions

Well since I'm arguing from a Christian standpoint other religions are not taken into account. Since we are assuming Christianity to be true for my argument then I can just respond that all other religions are wrong.

better yet, what about other stories and verses in the bible that contradicts what is defined as sin?

Find them.

You pick and choose what you think best fits your own personal interpretation of "sin"

No I don't.
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 1:38:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 12:59:18 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 3/29/2014 12:37:49 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 3/29/2014 12:27:39 PM, Yoshi wrote:
At 3/28/2014 11:07:21 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
You're exactly right when you say science is "God's blueprints." You can find God just as much in nature and science as you can in the Bible. Those who reject science in the name of their personal beliefs are ignorant.

Also being homosexual is not sinful. However, acting on it is sinful.

"acting on it is sinful."

However you just said "You can find God just as much in nature and science as you can in the Bible."

But homosexuality occurs in nature all the time in many different species?


What is sin anyway? your personal interpretation? if so then how can you trust your own interpretations?



I don't think your reasoning is as solid as you assert it to be.

Nature does not equate to natural law. The purpose of sex is to conclude in procreation. Any act of sex that denies the possibility of procreation, or is not ordered towards procreation in type of biological complimentary is a sin against nature via natural law. This only holds true among humans who are rationale creature and are made as the people of God. A crime against nature is essentially a crime against God, who designed sex for procreation. Anything that frustrates the means of the end of sex purposefully mocks God's design and blessing of pleasure.

Sin is certainly not my personal interpretation. Sin is anything that acts against God or his will.

We all disobey God everyday. The sin of lust occurs in both sexes, and we both act upon it. Gays should be in relationships as much as straights. Acting upon gayness sounds weird. Like I hate the term practicing homosexuals, sounds like piano lessons. Yet, we don't use practicing straight people.

We all disobey God therefore disobeying God is justified?
Good sir, it does not work that way. Disobeying God is not like disobeying your parents where it may sometimes be justified. God is love, God is happiness, God is morally perfect. To act against God is to reject goodness itself. God's laws aren't some hindrance on us, they are literally the rules to finding perfection and being perfect. They are the laws to becoming happy.
Nolite Timere
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 2:55:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 1:38:40 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 3/29/2014 12:59:18 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 3/29/2014 12:37:49 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 3/29/2014 12:27:39 PM, Yoshi wrote:
At 3/28/2014 11:07:21 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
You're exactly right when you say science is "God's blueprints." You can find God just as much in nature and science as you can in the Bible. Those who reject science in the name of their personal beliefs are ignorant.

Also being homosexual is not sinful. However, acting on it is sinful.

"acting on it is sinful."

However you just said "You can find God just as much in nature and science as you can in the Bible."

But homosexuality occurs in nature all the time in many different species?


What is sin anyway? your personal interpretation? if so then how can you trust your own interpretations?



I don't think your reasoning is as solid as you assert it to be.

Nature does not equate to natural law. The purpose of sex is to conclude in procreation. Any act of sex that denies the possibility of procreation, or is not ordered towards procreation in type of biological complimentary is a sin against nature via natural law. This only holds true among humans who are rationale creature and are made as the people of God. A crime against nature is essentially a crime against God, who designed sex for procreation. Anything that frustrates the means of the end of sex purposefully mocks God's design and blessing of pleasure.

Sin is certainly not my personal interpretation. Sin is anything that acts against God or his will.

We all disobey God everyday. The sin of lust occurs in both sexes, and we both act upon it. Gays should be in relationships as much as straights. Acting upon gayness sounds weird. Like I hate the term practicing homosexuals, sounds like piano lessons. Yet, we don't use practicing straight people.

We all disobey God therefore disobeying God is justified?
Good sir, it does not work that way. Disobeying God is not like disobeying your parents where it may sometimes be justified. God is love, God is happiness, God is morally perfect. To act against God is to reject goodness itself. God's laws aren't some hindrance on us, they are literally the rules to finding perfection and being perfect. They are the laws to becoming happy.

God saw that being tied to the law like that was too much. So that now when Jesus died, we wouldn't be burdened. If your saying what I think your saying, your saying Jesus DIDN'T die for our sins?