Total Posts:48|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Big Bang Fact!

monty1
Posts: 1,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 8:36:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://eprofits.com...

No, it's not a theory anymore and dog, god, Easter bunny, Santa, jesus, the celestial teapot, or any of the other imaginary sky fairies played a part in it.

Christians superstitious beliefs cannot survive the 21st. century as a dominant religion. New and more credible religions will begin to spring up to take it's place. Because, frail humans have not yet evolved to the point at which they can accept their mortality.

Some belief that's much more up to date and believable will step in to take Xtianity's place.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 9:15:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/30/2014 8:36:07 PM, monty1 wrote:
http://eprofits.com...

No, it's not a theory anymore and dog, god, Easter bunny, Santa, jesus, the celestial teapot, or any of the other imaginary sky fairies played a part in it.

What makes you think God has no part in the universe's existence?


Christians superstitious beliefs cannot survive the 21st. century as a dominant religion. New and more credible religions will begin to spring up to take it's place. Because, frail humans have not yet evolved to the point at which they can accept their mortality.

Some belief that's much more up to date and believable will step in to take Xtianity's place.
biomystic
Posts: 606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 10:37:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Monty's mad 'cause he just lost his argument with me on another thread, his silly idea science and Christian theology are incompatible because he thinks only Christians believe literally in their Bibles, and so he has to repeat his lost argument again here in I guess hopes no one's looking at his other posts. I think he started another thread too where he probably will repeat his same failed mantra.
Yoshi
Posts: 71
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 11:27:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/30/2014 8:36:07 PM, monty1 wrote:

No, it's not a theory anymore and dog, god, Easter bunny, Santa, jesus, the celestial teapot, or any of the other imaginary sky fairies played a part in it.

The Big Bang Theory is still a Scientific Theory, that will never change.

The only thing that has changed is that there's more evidence then before.

There was always evidence of the big bang (expanding universe, background radiation) however it's the same with evolution or gravity.

These are scientific theories, a scientific theory is the highest possible position it can be in, they are theories based on a crap ton of evidence and is able to consistently make predictions that always come true, Gravitational Waves which prove Inflation was just another prediction that came true.
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 3:01:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am confused as to why Monty1 seems to think the Big Bang is a problem for Christians. I see it as more evidence for God because it provides cast iron support for the Cosmological arguments for God's existence.
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 3:34:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/30/2014 8:36:07 PM, monty1 wrote:
http://eprofits.com...

No, it's not a theory anymore and dog, god, Easter bunny, Santa, jesus, the celestial teapot, or any of the other imaginary sky fairies played a part in it.

Christians superstitious beliefs cannot survive the 21st. century as a dominant religion. New and more credible religions will begin to spring up to take it's place. Because, frail humans have not yet evolved to the point at which they can accept their mortality.

Some belief that's much more up to date and believable will step in to take Xtianity's place.

This is asinine.

So, for the second night in a row, we get a preachy atheist telling us what every Christian already knows .... the Big Bang is real ... Not friggin crap. Thanks atheist for the eight grade science lesson.

Now, if you can explain why that means that by, your own statistics, 70% of us AT LEAST have already acknowledged us, we might find some reasoning of this thread ... why is this thread here?

The Big Bang is science!!!

Its on the history Channels!!!

I honestly believe I am the only one who knows this!!!!

I haven't actually showed how something ... including an entire universe pops out of nothing ... explains why there is not God!

Science !!!

Atheism!!!

F'ya!!!

America! F'ya!

That about right?
Dogknox
Posts: 5,039
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 4:34:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/30/2014 8:36:07 PM, monty1 wrote:
http://eprofits.com...

No, it's not a theory anymore and dog, god, Easter bunny, Santa, jesus, the celestial teapot, or any of the other imaginary sky fairies played a part in it.

Christians superstitious beliefs cannot survive the 21st. century as a dominant religion. New and more credible religions will begin to spring up to take it's place. Because, frail humans have not yet evolved to the point at which they can accept their mortality.

Some belief that's much more up to date and believable will step in to take Xtianity's place.

monty1 Jesus rose from the dead... There is no more death!!
Jesus destroyed death by dying he restored life by rising!!
Christians believe in the Resurrection!
You cannot prove there is no resurrection, all you have is your BELIEF. You BELIEVE there is not a resurrection!

Dogknox
monty1
Posts: 1,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 4:35:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 3:34:17 PM, neutral wrote:
At 3/30/2014 8:36:07 PM, monty1 wrote:
http://eprofits.com...

No, it's not a theory anymore and dog, god, Easter bunny, Santa, jesus, the celestial teapot, or any of the other imaginary sky fairies played a part in it.

Christians superstitious beliefs cannot survive the 21st. century as a dominant religion. New and more credible religions will begin to spring up to take it's place. Because, frail humans have not yet evolved to the point at which they can accept their mortality.

Some belief that's much more up to date and believable will step in to take Xtianity's place.

This is asinine.

So, for the second night in a row, we get a preachy atheist telling us what every Christian already knows .... the Big Bang is real ... Not friggin crap. Thanks atheist for the eight grade science lesson.

Now, if you can explain why that means that by, your own statistics, 70% of us AT LEAST have already acknowledged us, we might find some reasoning of this thread ... why is this thread here?

The Big Bang is science!!!

Its on the history Channels!!!

I honestly believe I am the only one who knows this!!!!

I haven't actually showed how something ... including an entire universe pops out of nothing ... explains why there is not God!

Science !!!

Atheism!!!

F'ya!!!

America! F'ya!

That about right?

I didn't know that all Christians already knew that the big bang was fact. I thought that most were still believing in the 6 days then rest malarkey.

Now I see that you have spoken for all Christians and said they can forget that now.

This is progress brother neutral!

NO CHRISTIAN BELIEVES THE 6 DAYS CREATION OF THE EARTH/UNIVERSE/MULTIVERSE MALARKEY.

unless they are imaginative and make the big bang go on for 6 days that is. brother neutral is going to do that for us now!
monty1
Posts: 1,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 11:43:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Contrary to what brother neutral contends about the big bang, Christians have not wholly accepted the theory.

I'm going to begin with contending that at least 50% of Christians favour the 6 day then rest creation story. Let this be a challenge to all Christians to defend creation over science.
monty1
Posts: 1,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 11:45:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
And I should have also said that imaginative combinations of the two would be more than welcome as part of the debate.

brother neutral? Your morphed combination theory?
Cameron_Christensen
Posts: 7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 1:54:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Come on! The Big Bang is 100% theory! You cannot go back in time to witness that it happened for sure. Plus, the scientific method is against you. If it is not observable, repeatable, AND demonstrable, than it is not fact. Until you can do all three of these things, you can NOT tell me the Big Bang is a fact.

Now, you're right, I can not tell you that God is a scientific fact. I choose to believe him solely on faith. But, you're belief in the Big Bang takes just as much, if not more, faith to believe in.
monty1
Posts: 1,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 2:43:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/1/2014 1:54:42 PM, Cameron_Christensen wrote:
Come on! The Big Bang is 100% theory! You cannot go back in time to witness that it happened for sure. Plus, the scientific method is against you. If it is not observable, repeatable, AND demonstrable, than it is not fact. Until you can do all three of these things, you can NOT tell me the Big Bang is a fact.

Now, you're right, I can not tell you that God is a scientific fact. I choose to believe him solely on faith. But, you're belief in the Big Bang takes just as much, if not more, faith to believe in.

Tell neutral, he considers it fact because the catholic church told him so. And guess what, they knew it 2000 years ago too! I just accept it as scientific theory.

Now go play, you don't understand any of this.
TheOncomingStorm
Posts: 249
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 3:50:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/30/2014 8:36:07 PM, monty1 wrote:
http://eprofits.com...

No, it's not a theory anymore and dog, god, Easter bunny, Santa, jesus, the celestial teapot, or any of the other imaginary sky fairies played a part in it.

Christians superstitious beliefs cannot survive the 21st. century as a dominant religion. New and more credible religions will begin to spring up to take it's place. Because, frail humans have not yet evolved to the point at which they can accept their mortality.

Some belief that's much more up to date and believable will step in to take Xtianity's place.

So according to your logic, it must be impossible for a maximally great being to hyper expand the universe? If God were limited by that, he would be finite and no longer maximally great and thus not God, which makes the position you hold incoherent. This finding doesn't offer any proof for or against God.
Official "Director of Weather and Hyperbole in the Maximum Degree of Mice and Men" of the FREEDO bureaucracy.
Conservative101
Posts: 191
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 4:03:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/30/2014 8:36:07 PM, monty1 wrote:
http://eprofits.com...

No, it's not a theory anymore and dog, god, Easter bunny, Santa, jesus, the celestial teapot, or any of the other imaginary sky fairies played a part in it.

Christians superstitious beliefs cannot survive the 21st. century as a dominant religion. New and more credible religions will begin to spring up to take it's place. Because, frail humans have not yet evolved to the point at which they can accept their mortality.

Some belief that's much more up to date and believable will step in to take Xtianity's place.

The Big Bang does not undermine the existence of God. It might as well could have been the way He did it.
When in doubt, start riots and scream racism
Iredia
Posts: 1,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 4:23:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/30/2014 11:27:14 PM, Yoshi wrote:
At 3/30/2014 8:36:07 PM, monty1 wrote:

No, it's not a theory anymore and dog, god, Easter bunny, Santa, jesus, the celestial teapot, or any of the other imaginary sky fairies played a part in it.

The Big Bang Theory is still a Scientific Theory, that will never change.

The only thing that has changed is that there's more evidence then before.

There was always evidence of the big bang (expanding universe, background radiation) however it's the same with evolution or gravity.

These are scientific theories, a scientific theory is the highest possible position it can be in, they are theories based on a crap ton of evidence and is able to consistently make predictions that always come true, Gravitational Waves which prove Inflation was just another prediction that came true.

I see. Define gravity.
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.
Iredia
Posts: 1,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 4:28:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 3:01:31 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I am confused as to why Monty1 seems to think the Big Bang is a problem for Christians. I see it as more evidence for God because it provides cast iron support for the Cosmological arguments for God's existence.

Agreed. In fact, the universe having a beginning is what the Bible starts with so in that regard no Christian (and me) has a problem with the BB. The problem is in the details. That's where it misses it.
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.
monty1
Posts: 1,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 5:50:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/1/2014 4:28:07 PM, Iredia wrote:
At 3/31/2014 3:01:31 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I am confused as to why Monty1 seems to think the Big Bang is a problem for Christians. I see it as more evidence for God because it provides cast iron support for the Cosmological arguments for God's existence.

Agreed. In fact, the universe having a beginning is what the Bible starts with so in that regard no Christian (and me) has a problem with the BB. The problem is in the details. That's where it misses it.

Yeah, the problem is always in the details. neutral tells us that cathlics believed the big bang theory 2000 years ago even though we all know that 2000 years ago they still believed the earth was the center of the universe.

What's wrong with Christian beliefs??
Yoshi
Posts: 71
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 4:30:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/1/2014 4:23:38 PM, Iredia wrote:
At 3/30/2014 11:27:14 PM, Yoshi wrote:
At 3/30/2014 8:36:07 PM, monty1 wrote:

No, it's not a theory anymore and dog, god, Easter bunny, Santa, jesus, the celestial teapot, or any of the other imaginary sky fairies played a part in it.

The Big Bang Theory is still a Scientific Theory, that will never change.

The only thing that has changed is that there's more evidence then before.

There was always evidence of the big bang (expanding universe, background radiation) however it's the same with evolution or gravity.

These are scientific theories, a scientific theory is the highest possible position it can be in, they are theories based on a crap ton of evidence and is able to consistently make predictions that always come true, Gravitational Waves which prove Inflation was just another prediction that came true.

I see. Define gravity.

"the force that attracts a body towards the centre of the earth, or towards any other physical body having mass."

We know what gravity is, we know it exists and we are able to make predictions as well.

The force behind it is theorized within the realm of Quantum Physics.

How does telling me "Define Gravity" change my argument one bit?

Get back to the argument instead of annoying me with useless posts.
Iredia
Posts: 1,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 5:08:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/2/2014 4:30:05 AM, Yoshi wrote:
At 4/1/2014 4:23:38 PM, Iredia wrote:
At 3/30/2014 11:27:14 PM, Yoshi wrote:
At 3/30/2014 8:36:07 PM, monty1 wrote:

No, it's not a theory anymore and dog, god, Easter bunny, Santa, jesus, the celestial teapot, or any of the other imaginary sky fairies played a part in it.

The Big Bang Theory is still a Scientific Theory, that will never change.

The only thing that has changed is that there's more evidence then before.

There was always evidence of the big bang (expanding universe, background radiation) however it's the same with evolution or gravity.

These are scientific theories, a scientific theory is the highest possible position it can be in, they are theories based on a crap ton of evidence and is able to consistently make predictions that always come true, Gravitational Waves which prove Inflation was just another prediction that came true.

I see. Define gravity.

"the force that attracts a body towards the centre of the earth, or towards any other physical body having mass."

We know what gravity is, we know it exists and we are able to make predictions as well.

The force behind it is theorized within the realm of Quantum Physics.


How does telling me "Define Gravity" change my argument one bit?

Get back to the argument instead of annoying me with useless posts.

It isn't useless. Your post suggests there is conclusive evidence for gravity. I want to test that claim by questioning it. You claim gravity is an attractive force behind the pulling of objects. What is this attractive force and how does it pull objects ? Because as far as I can see nothing pulls objects.
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 5:55:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/2/2014 5:08:43 AM, Iredia wrote:
At 4/2/2014 4:30:05 AM, Yoshi wrote:
At 4/1/2014 4:23:38 PM, Iredia wrote:
At 3/30/2014 11:27:14 PM, Yoshi wrote:
At 3/30/2014 8:36:07 PM, monty1 wrote:

No, it's not a theory anymore and dog, god, Easter bunny, Santa, jesus, the celestial teapot, or any of the other imaginary sky fairies played a part in it.

The Big Bang Theory is still a Scientific Theory, that will never change.

The only thing that has changed is that there's more evidence then before.

There was always evidence of the big bang (expanding universe, background radiation) however it's the same with evolution or gravity.

These are scientific theories, a scientific theory is the highest possible position it can be in, they are theories based on a crap ton of evidence and is able to consistently make predictions that always come true, Gravitational Waves which prove Inflation was just another prediction that came true.

I see. Define gravity.

"the force that attracts a body towards the centre of the earth, or towards any other physical body having mass."

We know what gravity is, we know it exists and we are able to make predictions as well.

The force behind it is theorized within the realm of Quantum Physics.


How does telling me "Define Gravity" change my argument one bit?

Get back to the argument instead of annoying me with useless posts.

It isn't useless. Your post suggests there is conclusive evidence for gravity. I want to test that claim by questioning it. You claim gravity is an attractive force behind the pulling of objects. What is this attractive force and how does it pull objects ? Because as far as I can see nothing pulls objects.

It is extremely easy to question. Walk off the roof of your house. Gravity proven.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Yoshi
Posts: 71
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 7:18:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/2/2014 5:08:43 AM, Iredia wrote:
At 4/2/2014 4:30:05 AM, Yoshi wrote:
At 4/1/2014 4:23:38 PM, Iredia wrote:
At 3/30/2014 11:27:14 PM, Yoshi wrote:
At 3/30/2014 8:36:07 PM, monty1 wrote:

No, it's not a theory anymore and dog, god, Easter bunny, Santa, jesus, the celestial teapot, or any of the other imaginary sky fairies played a part in it.

The Big Bang Theory is still a Scientific Theory, that will never change.

The only thing that has changed is that there's more evidence then before.

There was always evidence of the big bang (expanding universe, background radiation) however it's the same with evolution or gravity.

These are scientific theories, a scientific theory is the highest possible position it can be in, they are theories based on a crap ton of evidence and is able to consistently make predictions that always come true, Gravitational Waves which prove Inflation was just another prediction that came true.

I see. Define gravity.

"the force that attracts a body towards the centre of the earth, or towards any other physical body having mass."

We know what gravity is, we know it exists and we are able to make predictions as well.

The force behind it is theorized within the realm of Quantum Physics.


How does telling me "Define Gravity" change my argument one bit?

Get back to the argument instead of annoying me with useless posts.

It isn't useless. Your post suggests there is conclusive evidence for gravity. I want to test that claim by questioning it. You claim gravity is an attractive force behind the pulling of objects. What is this attractive force and how does it pull objects ? Because as far as I can see nothing pulls objects.

If you can't understand evidence nor scientific theories, that's not my fault.

"Your post suggests there is conclusive evidence for gravity."

We can study orbits and how objects are attracted to other objects with mass, that's an observation we've made in reality.

The Scientific Theory is that there's a force which describes the fact that objects are attracted by mass.

So we start with the facts and people come up with theories based on these facts (NOTE: Scientific Theories are based on EVIDENCE), so far the Theory that there's a force that we call Gravity has proven to predict and work, it's predicted the Higg's Boson and countless others, put us on the moon, allowed planes to fly, fits perfectly with Quantum Theory and there's been no other theory that fits the facts that mass attracts objects better then this theory.

I don't have time to teach you the basics of Evidence and Scientific Theory, it's a freaking Google search away.
Iredia
Posts: 1,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 10:52:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/2/2014 5:55:21 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/2/2014 5:08:43 AM, Iredia wrote:
At 4/2/2014 4:30:05 AM, Yoshi wrote:
At 4/1/2014 4:23:38 PM, Iredia wrote:
At 3/30/2014 11:27:14 PM, Yoshi wrote:
At 3/30/2014 8:36:07 PM, monty1 wrote:

No, it's not a theory anymore and dog, god, Easter bunny, Santa, jesus, the celestial teapot, or any of the other imaginary sky fairies played a part in it.

The Big Bang Theory is still a Scientific Theory, that will never change.

The only thing that has changed is that there's more evidence then before.

There was always evidence of the big bang (expanding universe, background radiation) however it's the same with evolution or gravity.

These are scientific theories, a scientific theory is the highest possible position it can be in, they are theories based on a crap ton of evidence and is able to consistently make predictions that always come true, Gravitational Waves which prove Inflation was just another prediction that came true.

I see. Define gravity.

"the force that attracts a body towards the centre of the earth, or towards any other physical body having mass."

We know what gravity is, we know it exists and we are able to make predictions as well.

The force behind it is theorized within the realm of Quantum Physics.


How does telling me "Define Gravity" change my argument one bit?

Get back to the argument instead of annoying me with useless posts.

It isn't useless. Your post suggests there is conclusive evidence for gravity. I want to test that claim by questioning it. You claim gravity is an attractive force behind the pulling of objects. What is this attractive force and how does it pull objects ? Because as far as I can see nothing pulls objects.

It is extremely easy to question. Walk off the roof of your house. Gravity proven.

This counts as poor evidence. At most your scenario is a repeat of the age-old known fact that things fall from a height. Using your 'logic' I could just as well say 'goddidit'.
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.
Iredia
Posts: 1,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 11:05:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/2/2014 7:18:23 AM, Yoshi wrote:


If you can't understand evidence nor scientific theories, that's not my fault.

"Your post suggests there is conclusive evidence for gravity."

We can study orbits and how objects are attracted to other objects with mass, that's an observation we've made in reality.

The Scientific Theory is that there's a force which describes the fact that objects are attracted by mass.

So we start with the facts and people come up with theories based on these facts (NOTE: Scientific Theories are based on EVIDENCE), so far the Theory that there's a force that we call Gravity has proven to predict and work, it's predicted the Higg's Boson and countless others, put us on the moon, allowed planes to fly, fits perfectly with Quantum Theory and there's been no other theory that fits the facts that mass attracts objects better then this theory.

I don't have time to teach you the basics of Evidence and Scientific Theory, it's a freaking Google search away.

Well it's a pity you won't or maybe can't provide evidence of gravity. You call it an attractive force yet can't explain how it works. You go iff on a tangent on scientific theories and the nature of evidence which are known to me. Tell me off instead of presenting your case here; which suggests you've been brainwashed into a theory like most. To show me wrong, please explain events that show that planets in orbits are attracted; and explain how gravity effects that. If I think your explanation is satisfactory I'll concede it and we can move ahead.
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 11:11:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/1/2014 5:50:25 PM, monty1 wrote:
At 4/1/2014 4:28:07 PM, Iredia wrote:
At 3/31/2014 3:01:31 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I am confused as to why Monty1 seems to think the Big Bang is a problem for Christians. I see it as more evidence for God because it provides cast iron support for the Cosmological arguments for God's existence.

Agreed. In fact, the universe having a beginning is what the Bible starts with so in that regard no Christian (and me) has a problem with the BB. The problem is in the details. That's where it misses it.

Yeah, the problem is always in the details. neutral tells us that cathlics believed the big bang theory 2000 years ago even though we all know that 2000 years ago they still believed the earth was the center of the universe.

Because of violations to the copernican principle, it acutally is.

What's wrong with Christian beliefs??

Oh, so it's fair to judge religion on what it thought 2000 years ago? Why don't we judge science on what it thought 2000 years ago? Oh, it looks pretty dumb, let's just ignore it.
Graincruncher
Posts: 2,799
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 11:17:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I do love the fact the whole reason evolution/big bang/gravity get compared is because of the assumption that no-one would be so outright insane as to deny the third and should therefore stop moaning about the first two. Fundamentalist response? "Oh you bet your arse we're insane enough to deny gravity!".

It's like a Monty Python sketch. Only true and therefore infinitely depressing.
Yoshi
Posts: 71
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 11:19:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/2/2014 11:05:03 AM, Iredia wrote:
At 4/2/2014 7:18:23 AM, Yoshi wrote:


If you can't understand evidence nor scientific theories, that's not my fault.

"Your post suggests there is conclusive evidence for gravity."

We can study orbits and how objects are attracted to other objects with mass, that's an observation we've made in reality.

The Scientific Theory is that there's a force which describes the fact that objects are attracted by mass.

So we start with the facts and people come up with theories based on these facts (NOTE: Scientific Theories are based on EVIDENCE), so far the Theory that there's a force that we call Gravity has proven to predict and work, it's predicted the Higg's Boson and countless others, put us on the moon, allowed planes to fly, fits perfectly with Quantum Theory and there's been no other theory that fits the facts that mass attracts objects better then this theory.

I don't have time to teach you the basics of Evidence and Scientific Theory, it's a freaking Google search away.

Well it's a pity you won't or maybe can't provide evidence of gravity. You call it an attractive force yet can't explain how it works. You go iff on a tangent on scientific theories and the nature of evidence which are known to me. Tell me off instead of presenting your case here; which suggests you've been brainwashed into a theory like most. To show me wrong, please explain events that show that planets in orbits are attracted; and explain how gravity effects that. If I think your explanation is satisfactory I'll concede it and we can move ahead.

"Well it's a pity you won't or maybe can't provide evidence of gravity"

Or in reality you have no idea how evidence works.

Your comment is a perfect example of stupidity and ignorance, sorry but that isn't just my personal opinion, everyone here can grasp the concept of the Theory of Gravity and understand the fact is, mass attracts objects, the force is the Theory itself.

" you've been brainwashed into a theory"

Actually telling me Science is a conspiracy with no background evidence, or that Scientists are biased about evidence or reality itself is frankly the stupidest thing you can possibly say.

It's fine if you want to live in your little pathetic world view but if your going to make an idiot of yourself on these forums I suggest not even attempting to post.

"If I think your explanation is satisfactory I'll concede it and we can move ahead."

How about, I don't care what you think is "satisfactory" for your own shitty personal worldview and maybe we'll move on anyway.
Yoshi
Posts: 71
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 11:28:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/2/2014 11:17:51 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
I do love the fact the whole reason evolution/big bang/gravity get compared is because of the assumption that no-one would be so outright insane as to deny the third and should therefore stop moaning about the first two. Fundamentalist response? "Oh you bet your arse we're insane enough to deny gravity!".

It's like a Monty Python sketch. Only true and therefore infinitely depressing.

When there's compelling evidence for every single one and it's absurd to deny one, then it's only obvious we'll relate their absurdity with other theories with just as much or more evidence in order to show how absurd one is.

There's no conspiracy behind it.

Big Bang Theory, the understanding that the universe is expanding and it had a beginning.

Evolutionary Theory, the understanding that species change over time

Theory of Gravity, the understanding that mass attracts objects.

All three are packed full of evidence in which science has been trying to prove these theories proven for centuries.

If you want to know the best way to prove a strong theory wrong, ask a scientist. One would say for evolution "show us a fossil that has been discovered in the wrong layer", for Gravity "Prove to us that mass does not attract objects", for the Big Bang "prove to us the universe is not expanding and that the universe did not have a beginning".

Each claim against these three theories need to disprove every fact that holds the theory on it's feet.

Go ahead, find us a better understanding of reality and I'm sure it'll present more questions for science to learn from.
Yoshi
Posts: 71
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 11:29:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/2/2014 11:28:05 AM, Yoshi wrote:

All three are packed full of evidence in which science has been trying to prove these theories proven for centuries.

All three are packed full of evidence in which science has been trying to Disprove these theories proven for centuries.
Yoshi
Posts: 71
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 11:33:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/2/2014 11:29:32 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
I... uh... do you think I'm disputing them?

You are stating that people will hide a lie by presenting other scientific theories to show an absurdity of "not" believing in the lie?

If that makes any sense, please tell me why because it doesn't for me.

AND SERIOUSLY

At 4/2/2014 11:28:05 AM, Yoshi wrote:

All three are packed full of evidence in which science has been trying to prove these theories proven for centuries.

All three are packed full of evidence in which science has been trying to Disprove these theories proven for centuries.

This one sentence and I've messed it up twice hahaha