To Christians..

GOP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 4:36:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
who believe that salvation can be lost:

If it's true that you could lose your salvation, then why did Jesus say "I never knew you" to many of those who thought they were saved, but weren't?

Jesus used the word "never", implying that they were not saved to begin with. If it was possible to lose your salvation, then don't you think Jesus would have said something along the lines of, "I used to know some of you, but now I don't"?

Surely (from the perspective of Christians adhering to conditional security), some of those people must have been formerly saved at some point (because not everybody that's going to hell [from the aforementioned perspective] is an unbeliever that never knew Jesus, it includes people who once knew Him and then departed from the faith). But again, Jesus used the word "never".

How would you respond to this, guys?
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 4:52:24 PM
At 3/31/2014 4:36:08 PM, GOP wrote:

If it's true that you could lose your salvation, then why did Jesus say "I never knew you" to many of those who thought they were saved, but weren't?

Jesus used the word "never", implying that they were not saved to begin with. If it was possible to lose your salvation, then don't you think Jesus would have said something along the lines of, "I used to know some of you, but now I don't"?

Surely (from the perspective of Christians adhering to conditional security), some of those people must have been formerly saved at some point (because not everybody that's going to hell [from the aforementioned perspective] is an unbeliever that never knew Jesus, it includes people who once knew Him and then departed from the faith). But again, Jesus used the word "never".

GOP Good to meet you..
Jesus is teaching the APOSTLES how to pray!!!
This is how he finished teaching them....
14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

If sins are NOT forgiven then they are lost!!!
To be lost, to lose salvation the Apostles will not be forgive!! There is no exceptions!!

ALSO..
Mark 9:47
And if your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell,

ALSO...
John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.
29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father"s hand.

DO YOU SEE IT??? No one will snatch them out of GOD' hand. DOES....
GOP does NOT mean God himself, Jesus himself cannot TAKE you out of his own hand and toss you into the fire!!!!
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 5:49:26 AM

There is only one unpardonable sin: To KNOW God and his truth and reject it anyway.

Can you deductively prove that there is a God, 100%? Currently, that answer is no.

If you could however? If you KNEW he existed? If you KNEW his love and compassion were immense? KNEW all that he was? Would you reject it?

That would be the unpardonable sin. To KNOW truth and deny it, to actively preach against it is a sin that God cannot forgive.

It short, you must actively reject God in full knowledge of what God is and the consequences (the real consequence, not the threat) and choose that course anyway.

To call it sin would be a misnomer however, its the reality of freewill: You will only be ALLOWED to drift off into darkness when you actively, judiciously, willfully of your own freewill choose to leave God.

Only then, he will respect your choice.
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 9:19:47 AM

I think if you wanted to make an argument for the perseverance of the saints there are better scriptures to use. For example Philippians 1:6, "And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ." Someone who believes a Christian can lose salvation would ask what the point is in having so many verses in the bible which tell us to "hold fast" to our faith, and even warn us about falling away, if it was not possible to fall away in the first place.
TheOncomingStorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 9:30:04 AM

I would respond to this by saying that you're asserting that just because a few people were never saved and claimed to be, that every person who claims to be saved and later decided they're not saved is in the same position. I'm not going to take a side, but your assertion can't be supported in call cases.
Official "Director of Weather and Hyperbole in the Maximum Degree of Mice and Men" of the FREEDO bureaucracy.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 5:26:11 PM

GOP Good to meet you..
I reply: Jesus is teaching the APOSTLES how to pray!!!
This is how he finished teaching them....
14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

If sins are NOT forgiven then they are lost!!!
To be lost, lost NO salvation even the Apostles will not be forgiven!! There is no exceptions!!

ALSO..
Mark 9:47
And if your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell,

ALSO...
John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.
29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father"s hand.

DO YOU SEE IT??? No one will snatch them out of GOD' hand. DOES....
GOP does NOT mean; God himself, Jesus himself cannot TAKE you out of his own hand and toss you into the stinking fire!!!!