Jump to topic:

Neutral And The Big Bang

monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 4:42:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Brother neutral tells us that all Christians accepted the big bang theory long ago. But is that true? Do all Chrisitans on this forum accept the big bang theory or is neutral telling us 'untruths'?

http://www.bing.com...

Acccording to this link there are lots of Christians who don't believe the big bang theory and they present '*pretty good evidence' on that video to show that it can't be true. Did the big bang create all the beautiful animals? (snicker)

* I'll leave it to forum members to decide if it's good evidence or not. LOL

WERE YOIU TELLING US THE WHOLE TRUTH BROTHER NEUTRAL?
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:21:55 PM
At 3/31/2014 4:42:35 PM, monty1 wrote:
Brother neutral tells us that all Christians accepted the big bang theory long ago. But is that true? Do all Chrisitans on this forum accept the big bang theory or is neutral telling us 'untruths'?

Acccording to this link there are lots of Christians who don't believe the big bang theory and they present '*pretty good evidence' on that video to show that it can't be true. Did the big bang create all the beautiful animals? (snicker)

First of all, it's not really an explosion. It's really just an expansion from a previously compact state. Maybe that is an explosion, but I just wanted to stress that.

Anyway, evolution is sound, in theory, and is essentially proven as historical fact. (Yeah yeah, I know that some people don't agree. I don't care, just don't teach your BS in my nice, rich public school)

So, from what evolution, probability, and causality teach us, this is all that needs to happen. A massive number of worlds with planets or potentially livable places needs to occur.

There are an uncountable number of planets, and we do not know if there are other universes (which there may well be). If one is livable on its own, (as in, without constant interference. We are fairly certain even if there is a deity, that the earth will continue spinning even if the deity were to leave), then we must assume that there is some chance that a livable place could appear in the multitude of planets, therefore, the probability is sound. Odds are, a planet with livable conditions could occur randomly.

Evolution tells us that all that needs to happen is for some proteins to form (which they do naturally), and eventually, through mutations and selective breeding and ecological pressure, intelligent life may form.

Causality tells us that if we view the world from a causal perspective, we will assume an intelligent cause for an intelligent outcome.

At my school, they teach critical thinking. They handed out little papers, and they would have cause and effect. Some causes (like, johnny pushes a girl on the swings) and effects (like, the cake is gone) are filled in on the sheets and the other sides are left blank. If you try to fill in the cause, you will tend to assume an intelligent cause. Like, if one was Susie fell down, then the likely assumption is, (and many people would select this type of answer), someone tripped her. But what if she just fell down, because her shoelace came undone? Or what if a small stick was in her way? We assume intelligent causes for seemingly caused actions, because we have more experience with it.

Here is another causal chain. The doorbell rings. Now, when my doorbell rings, I usually assume that someone is at the door who wants to talk to me, or a family member got locked out and wants me to let them in, or my neighbors ding-dong-ditched me. Regardless, I assume an intelligent cause. But what if a bird just smacked into the bell? I would assume this is unlikely, but that is simply because I have no experience with doorbells ringing on their own accord.

Little girls may fall down because of random events, but doorbells usually don't. We guess these things, because we have experience with them. We have all seen little children fall down, and we have all heard the ring of doorbells.

Here is my question then. What experience do we have with universe creation?

If our knowledge of what are caused and uncaused events comes from our experience with them, then how can we extrapolate with so little knowledge?
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 12:05:12 AM

Monty?

Are you on crack?

You do realize that publicly calling out other posters is against the forum rules? I have no wish to engage a serially abusive poster who has blown off everything I have said on the subject.

I will not engage in a thread that is an open and obvious violation of the forum rules Monty.

This will be reported.

The entire concept is to discuss IDEAS not personalities. I have no idea why atheists struggle with the concept of objectivity and need to get irrationally personal with IDEAS.

I have already rebutted and answered your question, repeatedly and you ignored it. Caling me out in an attempt to embarrass someone into again engaging with a wantonly abusive request is wrong.

I will not do it Monty.

Its about IDEAS, not your bruised ego - and I simply do not think you have the objective ability to engage rationally on this subject. If you did, you would simply have stuck to the FIRST thread, found my response and offered your opinion.

You are going out of your way to set up a personal blood feud, in violation of the forum rules.

Enough.
Yoshi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 6:09:15 AM
At 3/31/2014 7:21:55 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
If our knowledge of what are caused and uncaused events comes from our experience with them, then how can we extrapolate with so little knowledge?

Can we extrapolate when we say dinosaurs once walked the earth given we understand evolution and that we've discovered their fossils?

The Universe is a big place but essentially is the same scenario, we understand the universe is expanding, we find background radiation and slowly evidence fits with the concept of a large expansion of space-time in the early beginning of our universe.

We don't collect knowledge from our experience with caused and uncaused events, we get knowledge from experiments and the scientific method, if there's too many variables such as a bird hitting the doorbell, then it's not a perfect experiment.
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 11:39:34 AM
At 4/1/2014 12:05:12 AM, neutral wrote:

Monty?

Are you on crack?

You do realize that publicly calling out other posters is against the forum rules? I have no wish to engage a serially abusive poster who has blown off everything I have said on the subject.

I will not engage in a thread that is an open and obvious violation of the forum rules Monty.

This will be reported.

The entire concept is to discuss IDEAS not personalities. I have no idea why atheists struggle with the concept of objectivity and need to get irrationally personal with IDEAS.

I have already rebutted and answered your question, repeatedly and you ignored it. Caling me out in an attempt to embarrass someone into again engaging with a wantonly abusive request is wrong.

I will not do it Monty.

Its about IDEAS, not your bruised ego - and I simply do not think you have the objective ability to engage rationally on this subject. If you did, you would simply have stuck to the FIRST thread, found my response and offered your opinion.

You are going out of your way to set up a personal blood feud, in violation of the forum rules.

Enough.

No brother neutral, you accusations are all completely off base. You had declared that Christianity had accepted the big bang theory long ago and I was simply showing you that wasn't true. I'm going to begin with suggesting that at least half of Christians don't accept the big bang theory.

Run from the debate by making excuses if you like brother neutral but you can't hide for long. Respectfully of course!
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 12:16:17 PM
At 4/1/2014 11:39:34 AM, monty1 wrote:
At 4/1/2014 12:05:12 AM, neutral wrote:

Monty?

Are you on crack?

This will be reported.

I will not do it Monty.

Enough.

No brother neutral, you accusations are all completely off base. You had declared that Christianity had accepted the big bang theory long ago and I was simply showing you that wasn't true. I'm going to begin with suggesting that at least half of Christians don't accept the big bang theory.

Run from the debate by making excuses if you like brother neutral but you can't hide for long. Respectfully of course!

Catholic Church.

Maybe you should familiarize yourself with the thing you reject before you reject it or claim some kind of expertise in how it views things.

Why not start by educating yourself on the Catholic Church's take on evolution? Which did not happen yesterday.

When you have an accurate assessment of how Christians actually think, perhaps we will have this discussion.

Again I have no desire to st her san listen to you prattle on about how you THINK we believe rather than actually allow us to tell you HOW WE ACTUALLY BELIEVE.

DO you think you would enjoy it?

Shall we test it?

Atheists believe that the universe is nothing, created by nothing, to do nothing, and that we are nothing, no different from a rock.

They also all like pink flowers for some reason.

Do you feel the need to correct either of those statements?

And would appreciate it if I KEPT coming back and telling you, "No dude, OBVIOUSLY you link pink flowers! You signed up for that crap!"

Can you possibly see how that just might not be appreciated?

Enjoy the flowers Monty.
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 12:31:34 PM
Brother neutral says: "
Why not start by educating yourself on the Catholic Church's take on evolution? Which did not happen yesterday"

Excellent! Now you have reduced your claim of all Christians accepting the big band theory down to THE CATHOLIC CHURCH!

And that brings it down to much less than all! Now I can go on to proving that all catholics don't accept the big bang theory.

You LIED brother neutral because you didn't speak on behalf of all Christians. And now you persist in reinforcing your lies by attempting to speak for all Catholics.

Thank you for stopping the running away brother. Now we will make a little more progress here!
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 5:53:23 AM
At 4/1/2014 12:31:34 PM, monty1 wrote:
Why not start by educating yourself on the Catholic Church's take on evolution? Which did not happen yesterday"

Excellent! Now you have reduced your claim of all Christians accepting the big band theory down to THE CATHOLIC CHURCH!

And that brings it down to much less than all! Now I can go on to proving that all catholics don't accept the big bang theory.

You LIED brother neutral because you didn't speak on behalf of all Christians. And now you persist in reinforcing your lies by attempting to speak for all Catholics.

Thank you for stopping the running away brother. Now we will make a little more progress here!

Ad this is why I refuse to engage you Monty - you just deliberately misquoted me and clearly and cleanly misstated my point.

BEGIN with the Catholic Church is hardly (Do you see the word START).... all Christian are now subjected to the Catholic Church. What you just did there is extremely dishonest - and to do so AFTER questions are raised about your intent to engage honorable is telling.

I gave you a point to START with, and you can't even get that statement right can you? Jumping immediately to hyperbole and insult.

You clearly do not wish to understand having blown off my responses, now deliberately misquoting and misrepresenting them. In short, this is personal for you, and I have no desire to be a door mat for abusive conduct.
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 11:50:34 AM
At 4/2/2014 5:53:23 AM, neutral wrote:
At 4/1/2014 12:31:34 PM, monty1 wrote:

Ad this is why I refuse to engage you Monty - you just deliberately misquoted me and clearly and cleanly misstated my point.

BEGIN with the Catholic Church is hardly (Do you see the word START).... all Christian are now subjected to the Catholic Church. What you just did there is extremely dishonest - and to do so AFTER questions are raised about your intent to engage honorable is telling.

I gave you a point to START with, and you can't even get that statement right can you? Jumping immediately to hyperbole and insult.

You clearly do not wish to understand having blown off my responses, now deliberately misquoting and misrepresenting them. In short, this is personal for you, and I have no desire to be a door mat for abusive conduct.

That was all rather confusing but I'll leave it to you to explain if you think it's worth your time.

You continue to lie to us on behalf of the catholic church and you only need to understand that 'all' Christians don't accept the big bang theory. I think you've been amply shown that here by now. I'm just going to conclude that half of Christians don't accept the big bang theory until you prove otherwise.

And you still refuse to even attempt to explain the Adam and Eve nonsense so that it can be reconciled with Darwinian evolution. Are you afraid to present inventions of the modern church for fear that they are laughable?

JUST CONTINUE LYING AND AVOIDING THE TRUTH AND I'LL MAKE SURE YOU ARE QUESTIONED ON IT BROTHER NEUTRAL!