Total Posts:231|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

God isn't the problem, it's your idea of God

perplexed
Posts: 863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 5:13:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
It's tiring this ongoing debate about god.
First off, define God
Secondly how dare you expect me to take that seriously?
Thirdly if you want to be taken seriously, meet the criteria everyone uses in order to determine a claim is true or false.

Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?
I have some thoughts as to why belief in your god is so important.
Being that we live in a country where the mob mentality leans towards Christianity, there is a very important verse that mentions the core tenant, belief.
That is why you want me to believe in your god, right? Because you do and you want your beliefs to be taken seriously.
So what? I don't believe in your God, get over it. Or is it you want to control my choices?
Do you want to control my choices because you think if you live in a country where same sex marriages are accepted your god will punish the entire country...do you realize what sort of god you are describing, if this is your reason?
: At 4/29/2014 3:14:36 AM, annanicole wrote:

:
: I'll be happy to concede the raping of virgin girls, if you can find it somewhere.
Dogknox
Posts: 5,065
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 5:30:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 5:13:48 PM, perplexed wrote:
It's tiring this ongoing debate about god.
First off, define God
Secondly how dare you expect me to take that seriously?
Thirdly if you want to be taken seriously, meet the criteria everyone uses in order to determine a claim is true or false.

Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?
I have some thoughts as to why belief in your god is so important.
Being that we live in a country where the mob mentality leans towards Christianity, there is a very important verse that mentions the core tenant, belief.
That is why you want me to believe in your god, right? Because you do and you want your beliefs to be taken seriously.
So what? I don't believe in your God, get over it. Or is it you want to control my choices?
Do you want to control my choices because you think if you live in a country where same sex marriages are accepted your god will punish the entire country...do you realize what sort of god you are describing, if this is your reason?

perplexed You have your FAITH!!
You "BELIEVE" there is NO God!!
You can not prove there is NO God.. All you have got to go on is, your own faith!!

Why is it important?! Your Words.. Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?

Simple and most logical answer is... You get only one kick at the can!! Just one chance to get it right!!!
WHY.....
perplexed why are you so cock sure you have got it right!!??
You have NO proof there is NO God.. At best, all you have is "YOU THINK you are right!"

WHAT.....
perplexed what if you are wrong???!! Give this some thought then get back to me!!
bjaysus
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 5:44:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
my god is called wang dang ding dong

he gots ten noses

them noses is sacred and only to be picked by the highest priests

them priests have ten foot hats

cheeky monkeys live on top of the ten foot hats and reach up to pick gods noses

the priests claim they pick the big man's noses, but it is the monkeys

there are different sects that are pro priest or pro monkey

them sects are always warring, but both are god fearing

just don't you dare mock my big noses god, wang dang ding dong
perplexed
Posts: 863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 5:50:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 5:30:32 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:13:48 PM, perplexed wrote:
It's tiring this ongoing debate about god.
First off, define God
Secondly how dare you expect me to take that seriously?
Thirdly if you want to be taken seriously, meet the criteria everyone uses in order to determine a claim is true or false.

Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?
I have some thoughts as to why belief in your god is so important.
Being that we live in a country where the mob mentality leans towards Christianity, there is a very important verse that mentions the core tenant, belief.
That is why you want me to believe in your god, right? Because you do and you want your beliefs to be taken seriously.
So what? I don't believe in your God, get over it. Or is it you want to control my choices?
Do you want to control my choices because you think if you live in a country where same sex marriages are accepted your god will punish the entire country...do you realize what sort of god you are describing, if this is your reason?

perplexed You have your FAITH!!
You "BELIEVE" there is NO God!!
You can not prove there is NO God.. All you have got to go on is, your own faith!!

Why is it important?! Your Words.. Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?

Simple and most logical answer is... You get only one kick at the can!! Just one chance to get it right!!!
WHY.....
perplexed why are you so cock sure you have got it right!!??
You have NO proof there is NO God.. At best, all you have is "YOU THINK you are right!"

WHAT.....
perplexed what if you are wrong???!! Give this some thought then get back to me!!

what if i'm wrong?
i'm wrong...so what?
: At 4/29/2014 3:14:36 AM, annanicole wrote:

:
: I'll be happy to concede the raping of virgin girls, if you can find it somewhere.
perplexed
Posts: 863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 5:52:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 5:44:55 PM, bjaysus wrote:
my god is called wang dang ding dong

he gots ten noses

them noses is sacred and only to be picked by the highest priests

them priests have ten foot hats

cheeky monkeys live on top of the ten foot hats and reach up to pick gods noses

the priests claim they pick the big man's noses, but it is the monkeys

there are different sects that are pro priest or pro monkey

them sects are always warring, but both are god fearing

just don't you dare mock my big noses god, wang dang ding dong

hahhahhah...just know i'm not laughing at your god, wang dang ding dong...k?
;p
: At 4/29/2014 3:14:36 AM, annanicole wrote:

:
: I'll be happy to concede the raping of virgin girls, if you can find it somewhere.
bjaysus
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 5:57:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
heeey perplexed you are larfing at my 10 noses god head !

i'm building a wooden church in my garden for wang dang

you are welcome to pick his noses if you wear gloves and stroke my monkeys
perplexed
Posts: 863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 6:20:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 5:57:22 PM, bjaysus wrote:
heeey perplexed you are larfing at my 10 noses god head !

i'm building a wooden church in my garden for wang dang

you are welcome to pick his noses if you wear gloves and stroke my monkeys

the invitation sounds extremely attractive....
: At 4/29/2014 3:14:36 AM, annanicole wrote:

:
: I'll be happy to concede the raping of virgin girls, if you can find it somewhere.
bjaysus
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 6:36:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
they are not normal monkeys though

they rubs themselves on anything that moves, and growl at nuns
perplexed
Posts: 863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:19:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 6:36:17 PM, bjaysus wrote:
they are not normal monkeys though

they rubs themselves on anything that moves, and growl at nuns

growling at nuns sounds fun
: At 4/29/2014 3:14:36 AM, annanicole wrote:

:
: I'll be happy to concede the raping of virgin girls, if you can find it somewhere.
Graincruncher
Posts: 2,799
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:32:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 5:50:03 PM, perplexed wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:30:32 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:13:48 PM, perplexed wrote:
It's tiring this ongoing debate about god.
First off, define God
Secondly how dare you expect me to take that seriously?
Thirdly if you want to be taken seriously, meet the criteria everyone uses in order to determine a claim is true or false.

Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?
I have some thoughts as to why belief in your god is so important.
Being that we live in a country where the mob mentality leans towards Christianity, there is a very important verse that mentions the core tenant, belief.
That is why you want me to believe in your god, right? Because you do and you want your beliefs to be taken seriously.
So what? I don't believe in your God, get over it. Or is it you want to control my choices?
Do you want to control my choices because you think if you live in a country where same sex marriages are accepted your god will punish the entire country...do you realize what sort of god you are describing, if this is your reason?

perplexed You have your FAITH!!
You "BELIEVE" there is NO God!!
You can not prove there is NO God.. All you have got to go on is, your own faith!!

Why is it important?! Your Words.. Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?

Simple and most logical answer is... You get only one kick at the can!! Just one chance to get it right!!!
WHY.....
perplexed why are you so cock sure you have got it right!!??
You have NO proof there is NO God.. At best, all you have is "YOU THINK you are right!"

WHAT.....
perplexed what if you are wrong???!! Give this some thought then get back to me!!

what if i'm wrong?
i'm wrong...so what?

Don't worry about DogCocks, he's insane in the most spittle-spraying, nonsensical way possible. There's a lot of awful fundy retards on here, but he doesn't even qualify as that. Soon he'll go the way of Phelps and the world will be all the less retarded for it.
TheWarrior
Posts: 126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 9:58:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 5:13:48 PM, perplexed wrote:
It's tiring this ongoing debate about god.
First off, define God
Secondly how dare you expect me to take that seriously?
Thirdly if you want to be taken seriously, meet the criteria everyone uses in order to determine a claim is true or false.

Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?
I have some thoughts as to why belief in your god is so important.
Being that we live in a country where the mob mentality leans towards Christianity, there is a very important verse that mentions the core tenant, belief.
That is why you want me to believe in your god, right? Because you do and you want your beliefs to be taken seriously.
So what? I don't believe in your God, get over it. Or is it you want to control my choices?
Do you want to control my choices because you think if you live in a country where same sex marriages are accepted your god will punish the entire country...do you realize what sort of god you are describing, if this is your reason?
God is love. If you don't want to take that seriously, that is your perogative. It is important so that we can spend an eternity with rather that without God. No, I do not want you to believe because I do. I want you to believe because God loves you. I do not want to control your choices. I do not believe that God will destroy this country if it accepts same-sex marriage, that was not the sin of sodom. Also, the sacrifice for sins was already paid in full with Christ because God loved us. I understand the problems you have with Christianity. If you would like to see more of what I believe visit the blog badchristian.com The blog was not written by me but by christians who understand how hateful christians can be.
https://docs.google.com...
Lead Enforcer of the DDO Revolutionary Party
Dogknox
Posts: 5,065
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 10:58:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 5:50:03 PM, perplexed wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:30:32 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:13:48 PM, perplexed wrote:
It's tiring this ongoing debate about god.
First off, define God
Secondly how dare you expect me to take that seriously?
Thirdly if you want to be taken seriously, meet the criteria everyone uses in order to determine a claim is true or false.

Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?
I have some thoughts as to why belief in your god is so important.
Being that we live in a country where the mob mentality leans towards Christianity, there is a very important verse that mentions the core tenant, belief.
That is why you want me to believe in your god, right? Because you do and you want your beliefs to be taken seriously.
So what? I don't believe in your God, get over it. Or is it you want to control my choices?
Do you want to control my choices because you think if you live in a country where same sex marriages are accepted your god will punish the entire country...do you realize what sort of god you are describing, if this is your reason?

perplexed You have your FAITH!!
You "BELIEVE" there is NO God!!
You can not prove there is NO God.. All you have got to go on is, your own faith!!

Why is it important?! Your Words.. Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?

Simple and most logical answer is... You get only one kick at the can!! Just one chance to get it right!!!
WHY.....
perplexed why are you so cock sure you have got it right!!??
You have NO proof there is NO God.. At best, all you have is "YOU THINK you are right!"

WHAT.....
perplexed what if you are wrong???!! Give this some thought then get back to me!!

what if i'm wrong?
i'm wrong...so what?

perplexed You ask.. what if i'm wrong? i'm wrong...so what?

I reply: This is where LOGIC should enter the conversation!!
LOGIC should tell you... "Being WRONG" means there must be a "RIGHT"!
LOGIC should tell you... Not being "WRONG" should be your goal in life, it should be every ones goal!!
LOGIC should tell you.... "Survival" self preservation is a built in automatic response to danger!
LOGIC tells me... "You do not realize the danger you are in"!

It's like bending to pick up a rock, not seeing the snake coiled up under the rock until you pick it up.. THEN...
perplexed then it is too late!!!

You can't know if I am right and you are wrong OR you are right and I am wrong.. UNTIL...
perplexed until you look... Until you investigate.. Until you have done your homework...
Then and ONLY then can you make an INFORMED decision!!

Please.... LOOK, check out every thing.... As I said before "You only get one kick at the can, only one life to get it right!

From my vantage looking in.. I say; "Satan has you right where he wants you"! You are doing nothing, content trusting you got it right!! Not spending any effort towards spending life eternally with God!
perplexed
Posts: 863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 11:19:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 10:58:04 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:50:03 PM, perplexed wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:30:32 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:13:48 PM, perplexed wrote:
It's tiring this ongoing debate about god.
First off, define God
Secondly how dare you expect me to take that seriously?
Thirdly if you want to be taken seriously, meet the criteria everyone uses in order to determine a claim is true or false.

Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?
I have some thoughts as to why belief in your god is so important.
Being that we live in a country where the mob mentality leans towards Christianity, there is a very important verse that mentions the core tenant, belief.
That is why you want me to believe in your god, right? Because you do and you want your beliefs to be taken seriously.
So what? I don't believe in your God, get over it. Or is it you want to control my choices?
Do you want to control my choices because you think if you live in a country where same sex marriages are accepted your god will punish the entire country...do you realize what sort of god you are describing, if this is your reason?

perplexed You have your FAITH!!
You "BELIEVE" there is NO God!!
You can not prove there is NO God.. All you have got to go on is, your own faith!!

Why is it important?! Your Words.. Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?

Simple and most logical answer is... You get only one kick at the can!! Just one chance to get it right!!!
WHY.....
perplexed why are you so cock sure you have got it right!!??
You have NO proof there is NO God.. At best, all you have is "YOU THINK you are right!"

WHAT.....
perplexed what if you are wrong???!! Give this some thought then get back to me!!

what if i'm wrong?
i'm wrong...so what?

perplexed You ask.. what if i'm wrong? i'm wrong...so what?

I reply: This is where LOGIC should enter the conversation!!
LOGIC should tell you... "Being WRONG" means there must be a "RIGHT"!
LOGIC should tell you... Not being "WRONG" should be your goal in life, it should be every ones goal!!
LOGIC should tell you.... "Survival" self preservation is a built in automatic response to danger!
LOGIC tells me... "You do not realize the danger you are in"!

It's like bending to pick up a rock, not seeing the snake coiled up under the rock until you pick it up.. THEN...
perplexed then it is too late!!!

You can't know if I am right and you are wrong OR you are right and I am wrong.. UNTIL...
perplexed until you look... Until you investigate.. Until you have done your homework...
Then and ONLY then can you make an INFORMED decision!!

Please.... LOOK, check out every thing.... As I said before "You only get one kick at the can, only one life to get it right!

From my vantage looking in.. I say; "Satan has you right where he wants you"! You are doing nothing, content trusting you got it right!! Not spending any effort towards spending life eternally with God!

logic tells me you have to prove to me your idea about god is the right one
: At 4/29/2014 3:14:36 AM, annanicole wrote:

:
: I'll be happy to concede the raping of virgin girls, if you can find it somewhere.
perplexed
Posts: 863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 11:21:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 9:58:50 PM, TheWarrior wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:13:48 PM, perplexed wrote:
It's tiring this ongoing debate about god.
First off, define God
Secondly how dare you expect me to take that seriously?
Thirdly if you want to be taken seriously, meet the criteria everyone uses in order to determine a claim is true or false.

Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?
I have some thoughts as to why belief in your god is so important.
Being that we live in a country where the mob mentality leans towards Christianity, there is a very important verse that mentions the core tenant, belief.
That is why you want me to believe in your god, right? Because you do and you want your beliefs to be taken seriously.
So what? I don't believe in your God, get over it. Or is it you want to control my choices?
Do you want to control my choices because you think if you live in a country where same sex marriages are accepted your god will punish the entire country...do you realize what sort of god you are describing, if this is your reason?
God is love. If you don't want to take that seriously, that is your perogative. It is important so that we can spend an eternity with rather that without God. No, I do not want you to believe because I do. I want you to believe because God loves you. I do not want to control your choices. I do not believe that God will destroy this country if it accepts same-sex marriage, that was not the sin of sodom. Also, the sacrifice for sins was already paid in full with Christ because God loved us. I understand the problems you have with Christianity. If you would like to see more of what I believe visit the blog badchristian.com The blog was not written by me but by christians who understand how hateful christians can be.

as a mother i recognize unconditional love without your god, so what?
: At 4/29/2014 3:14:36 AM, annanicole wrote:

:
: I'll be happy to concede the raping of virgin girls, if you can find it somewhere.
Dogknox
Posts: 5,065
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 12:04:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 11:19:46 PM, perplexed wrote:
At 3/31/2014 10:58:04 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:50:03 PM, perplexed wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:30:32 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:13:48 PM, perplexed wrote:
It's tiring this ongoing debate about god.
First off, define God
Secondly how dare you expect me to take that seriously?
Thirdly if you want to be taken seriously, meet the criteria everyone uses in order to determine a claim is true or false.

Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?
I have some thoughts as to why belief in your god is so important.
Being that we live in a country where the mob mentality leans towards Christianity, there is a very important verse that mentions the core tenant, belief.
That is why you want me to believe in your god, right? Because you do and you want your beliefs to be taken seriously.
So what? I don't believe in your God, get over it. Or is it you want to control my choices?
Do you want to control my choices because you think if you live in a country where same sex marriages are accepted your god will punish the entire country...do you realize what sort of god you are describing, if this is your reason?

perplexed You have your FAITH!!
You "BELIEVE" there is NO God!!
You can not prove there is NO God.. All you have got to go on is, your own faith!!

Why is it important?! Your Words.. Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?

Simple and most logical answer is... You get only one kick at the can!! Just one chance to get it right!!!
WHY.....
perplexed why are you so cock sure you have got it right!!??
You have NO proof there is NO God.. At best, all you have is "YOU THINK you are right!"

WHAT.....
perplexed what if you are wrong???!! Give this some thought then get back to me!!

what if i'm wrong?
i'm wrong...so what?

perplexed You ask.. what if i'm wrong? i'm wrong...so what?

I reply: This is where LOGIC should enter the conversation!!
LOGIC should tell you... "Being WRONG" means there must be a "RIGHT"!
LOGIC should tell you... Not being "WRONG" should be your goal in life, it should be every ones goal!!
LOGIC should tell you.... "Survival" self preservation is a built in automatic response to danger!
LOGIC tells me... "You do not realize the danger you are in"!

It's like bending to pick up a rock, not seeing the snake coiled up under the rock until you pick it up.. THEN...
perplexed then it is too late!!!

You can't know if I am right and you are wrong OR you are right and I am wrong.. UNTIL...
perplexed until you look... Until you investigate.. Until you have done your homework...
Then and ONLY then can you make an INFORMED decision!!

Please.... LOOK, check out every thing.... As I said before "You only get one kick at the can, only one life to get it right!

From my vantage looking in.. I say; "Satan has you right where he wants you"! You are doing nothing, content trusting you got it right!! Not spending any effort towards spending life eternally with God!

logic tells me you have to prove to me your idea about god is the right one

perplexed thank you for your question..
I reply: Simply, read the scriptures!
The scriptures tell you "Jesus rose from the dead!"
The scriptures tell you "God has ONLY one son.. Jesus"!
The scriptures tell you "Baptism IMMERSES people INTO the resurrected body of Jesus"!
LOGIC tells you; "All IN Jesus are thus God' children!"
The scriptures tell you; "All IN Jesus' body will also rise from death"!

perplexed LOGIC tells you.... NO ONE.....
perplexed no one can die twice... Heck you cannot even kill a stinking, no good mangy dog two times... Even a dog can die only one (1) time!!
Jesus "Died" he has been there and done that! Jesus CANNOT die a second time... THIS...
perplexed this fact is your assurance of eternal LIFE!!! Get your self "IMMERSED into the resurrected never to die a second time body of Jesus"!

Don't take my word for it.. As I said.. Read the scriptures!!
perplexed
Posts: 863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 12:10:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/1/2014 12:04:59 AM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/31/2014 11:19:46 PM, perplexed wrote:
At 3/31/2014 10:58:04 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:50:03 PM, perplexed wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:30:32 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:13:48 PM, perplexed wrote:
It's tiring this ongoing debate about god.
First off, define God
Secondly how dare you expect me to take that seriously?
Thirdly if you want to be taken seriously, meet the criteria everyone uses in order to determine a claim is true or false.

Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?
I have some thoughts as to why belief in your god is so important.
Being that we live in a country where the mob mentality leans towards Christianity, there is a very important verse that mentions the core tenant, belief.
That is why you want me to believe in your god, right? Because you do and you want your beliefs to be taken seriously.
So what? I don't believe in your God, get over it. Or is it you want to control my choices?
Do you want to control my choices because you think if you live in a country where same sex marriages are accepted your god will punish the entire country...do you realize what sort of god you are describing, if this is your reason?

perplexed You have your FAITH!!
You "BELIEVE" there is NO God!!
You can not prove there is NO God.. All you have got to go on is, your own faith!!

Why is it important?! Your Words.. Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?

Simple and most logical answer is... You get only one kick at the can!! Just one chance to get it right!!!
WHY.....
perplexed why are you so cock sure you have got it right!!??
You have NO proof there is NO God.. At best, all you have is "YOU THINK you are right!"

WHAT.....
perplexed what if you are wrong???!! Give this some thought then get back to me!!

what if i'm wrong?
i'm wrong...so what?

perplexed You ask.. what if i'm wrong? i'm wrong...so what?

I reply: This is where LOGIC should enter the conversation!!
LOGIC should tell you... "Being WRONG" means there must be a "RIGHT"!
LOGIC should tell you... Not being "WRONG" should be your goal in life, it should be every ones goal!!
LOGIC should tell you.... "Survival" self preservation is a built in automatic response to danger!
LOGIC tells me... "You do not realize the danger you are in"!

It's like bending to pick up a rock, not seeing the snake coiled up under the rock until you pick it up.. THEN...
perplexed then it is too late!!!

You can't know if I am right and you are wrong OR you are right and I am wrong.. UNTIL...
perplexed until you look... Until you investigate.. Until you have done your homework...
Then and ONLY then can you make an INFORMED decision!!

Please.... LOOK, check out every thing.... As I said before "You only get one kick at the can, only one life to get it right!

From my vantage looking in.. I say; "Satan has you right where he wants you"! You are doing nothing, content trusting you got it right!! Not spending any effort towards spending life eternally with God!

logic tells me you have to prove to me your idea about god is the right one

perplexed thank you for your question..
I reply: Simply, read the scriptures!
The scriptures tell you "Jesus rose from the dead!"
The scriptures tell you "God has ONLY one son.. Jesus"!
The scriptures tell you "Baptism IMMERSES people INTO the resurrected body of Jesus"!
LOGIC tells you; "All IN Jesus are thus God' children!"
The scriptures tell you; "All IN Jesus' body will also rise from death"!

perplexed LOGIC tells you.... NO ONE.....
perplexed no one can die twice... Heck you cannot even kill a stinking, no good mangy dog two times... Even a dog can die only one (1) time!!
Jesus "Died" he has been there and done that! Jesus CANNOT die a second time... THIS...
perplexed this fact is your assurance of eternal LIFE!!! Get your self "IMMERSED into the resurrected never to die a second time body of Jesus"!

Don't take my word for it.. As I said.. Read the scriptures!!

First off, define God
Secondly how dare you expect me to take that seriously?
Thirdly if you want to be taken seriously, meet the criteria everyone uses in order to determine a claim is true or false.
i. will. not. take. claims. at. face. value.
got it?
: At 4/29/2014 3:14:36 AM, annanicole wrote:

:
: I'll be happy to concede the raping of virgin girls, if you can find it somewhere.
Iredia
Posts: 1,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 12:38:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/1/2014 12:10:16 AM, perplexed wrote:
At 4/1/2014 12:04:59 AM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/31/2014 11:19:46 PM, perplexed wrote:
At 3/31/2014 10:58:04 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:50:03 PM, perplexed wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:30:32 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:13:48 PM, perplexed wrote:
It's tiring this ongoing debate about god.
First off, define God
Secondly how dare you expect me to take that seriously?
Thirdly if you want to be taken seriously, meet the criteria everyone uses in order to determine a claim is true or false.

Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?
I have some thoughts as to why belief in your god is so important.
Being that we live in a country where the mob mentality leans towards Christianity, there is a very important verse that mentions the core tenant, belief.
That is why you want me to believe in your god, right? Because you do and you want your beliefs to be taken seriously.
So what? I don't believe in your God, get over it. Or is it you want to control my choices?
Do you want to control my choices because you think if you live in a country where same sex marriages are accepted your god will punish the entire country...do you realize what sort of god you are describing, if this is your reason?

perplexed You have your FAITH!!
You "BELIEVE" there is NO God!!
You can not prove there is NO God.. All you have got to go on is, your own faith!!

Why is it important?! Your Words.. Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?

Simple and most logical answer is... You get only one kick at the can!! Just one chance to get it right!!!
WHY.....
perplexed why are you so cock sure you have got it right!!??
You have NO proof there is NO God.. At best, all you have is "YOU THINK you are right!"

WHAT.....
perplexed what if you are wrong???!! Give this some thought then get back to me!!

what if i'm wrong?
i'm wrong...so what?

perplexed You ask.. what if i'm wrong? i'm wrong...so what?

I reply: This is where LOGIC should enter the conversation!!
LOGIC should tell you... "Being WRONG" means there must be a "RIGHT"!
LOGIC should tell you... Not being "WRONG" should be your goal in life, it should be every ones goal!!
LOGIC should tell you.... "Survival" self preservation is a built in automatic response to danger!
LOGIC tells me... "You do not realize the danger you are in"!

It's like bending to pick up a rock, not seeing the snake coiled up under the rock until you pick it up.. THEN...
perplexed then it is too late!!!

You can't know if I am right and you are wrong OR you are right and I am wrong.. UNTIL...
perplexed until you look... Until you investigate.. Until you have done your homework...
Then and ONLY then can you make an INFORMED decision!!

Please.... LOOK, check out every thing.... As I said before "You only get one kick at the can, only one life to get it right!

From my vantage looking in.. I say; "Satan has you right where he wants you"! You are doing nothing, content trusting you got it right!! Not spending any effort towards spending life eternally with God!

logic tells me you have to prove to me your idea about god is the right one

perplexed thank you for your question..
I reply: Simply, read the scriptures!
The scriptures tell you "Jesus rose from the dead!"
The scriptures tell you "God has ONLY one son.. Jesus"!
The scriptures tell you "Baptism IMMERSES people INTO the resurrected body of Jesus"!
LOGIC tells you; "All IN Jesus are thus God' children!"
The scriptures tell you; "All IN Jesus' body will also rise from death"!

perplexed LOGIC tells you.... NO ONE.....
perplexed no one can die twice... Heck you cannot even kill a stinking, no good mangy dog two times... Even a dog can die only one (1) time!!
Jesus "Died" he has been there and done that! Jesus CANNOT die a second time... THIS...
perplexed this fact is your assurance of eternal LIFE!!! Get your self "IMMERSED into the resurrected never to die a second time body of Jesus"!

Don't take my word for it.. As I said.. Read the scriptures!!

First off, define God
Secondly how dare you expect me to take that seriously?
Thirdly if you want to be taken seriously, meet the criteria everyone uses in order to determine a claim is true or false.
i. will. not. take. claims. at. face. value.
got it?

God is the uncaused Creator of the universe (or multiverse if you will). It's not rocket science.
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.
bulproof
Posts: 25,247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 12:41:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/1/2014 12:38:52 AM, Iredia wrote:
At 4/1/2014 12:10:16 AM, perplexed wrote:
At 4/1/2014 12:04:59 AM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/31/2014 11:19:46 PM, perplexed wrote:
At 3/31/2014 10:58:04 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:50:03 PM, perplexed wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:30:32 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:13:48 PM, perplexed wrote:
It's tiring this ongoing debate about god.
First off, define God
Secondly how dare you expect me to take that seriously?
Thirdly if you want to be taken seriously, meet the criteria everyone uses in order to determine a claim is true or false.

Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?
I have some thoughts as to why belief in your god is so important.
Being that we live in a country where the mob mentality leans towards Christianity, there is a very important verse that mentions the core tenant, belief.
That is why you want me to believe in your god, right? Because you do and you want your beliefs to be taken seriously.
So what? I don't believe in your God, get over it. Or is it you want to control my choices?
Do you want to control my choices because you think if you live in a country where same sex marriages are accepted your god will punish the entire country...do you realize what sort of god you are describing, if this is your reason?

perplexed You have your FAITH!!
You "BELIEVE" there is NO God!!
You can not prove there is NO God.. All you have got to go on is, your own faith!!

Why is it important?! Your Words.. Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?

Simple and most logical answer is... You get only one kick at the can!! Just one chance to get it right!!!
WHY.....
perplexed why are you so cock sure you have got it right!!??
You have NO proof there is NO God.. At best, all you have is "YOU THINK you are right!"

WHAT.....
perplexed what if you are wrong???!! Give this some thought then get back to me!!

what if i'm wrong?
i'm wrong...so what?

perplexed You ask.. what if i'm wrong? i'm wrong...so what?

I reply: This is where LOGIC should enter the conversation!!
LOGIC should tell you... "Being WRONG" means there must be a "RIGHT"!
LOGIC should tell you... Not being "WRONG" should be your goal in life, it should be every ones goal!!
LOGIC should tell you.... "Survival" self preservation is a built in automatic response to danger!
LOGIC tells me... "You do not realize the danger you are in"!

It's like bending to pick up a rock, not seeing the snake coiled up under the rock until you pick it up.. THEN...
perplexed then it is too late!!!

You can't know if I am right and you are wrong OR you are right and I am wrong.. UNTIL...
perplexed until you look... Until you investigate.. Until you have done your homework...
Then and ONLY then can you make an INFORMED decision!!

Please.... LOOK, check out every thing.... As I said before "You only get one kick at the can, only one life to get it right!

From my vantage looking in.. I say; "Satan has you right where he wants you"! You are doing nothing, content trusting you got it right!! Not spending any effort towards spending life eternally with God!

logic tells me you have to prove to me your idea about god is the right one

perplexed thank you for your question..
I reply: Simply, read the scriptures!
The scriptures tell you "Jesus rose from the dead!"
The scriptures tell you "God has ONLY one son.. Jesus"!
The scriptures tell you "Baptism IMMERSES people INTO the resurrected body of Jesus"!
LOGIC tells you; "All IN Jesus are thus God' children!"
The scriptures tell you; "All IN Jesus' body will also rise from death"!

perplexed LOGIC tells you.... NO ONE.....
perplexed no one can die twice... Heck you cannot even kill a stinking, no good mangy dog two times... Even a dog can die only one (1) time!!
Jesus "Died" he has been there and done that! Jesus CANNOT die a second time... THIS...
perplexed this fact is your assurance of eternal LIFE!!! Get your self "IMMERSED into the resurrected never to die a second time body of Jesus"!

Don't take my word for it.. As I said.. Read the scriptures!!

First off, define God
Secondly how dare you expect me to take that seriously?
Thirdly if you want to be taken seriously, meet the criteria everyone uses in order to determine a claim is true or false.
i. will. not. take. claims. at. face. value.
got it?

God is the uncaused Creator of the universe (or multiverse if you will). It's not rocket science.

Man is the creator of gods. It's not rocket surgery.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 12:47:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 5:13:48 PM, perplexed wrote:
It's tiring this ongoing debate about god.

First off, define God

Secondly how dare you expect me to take that seriously?

Yes there are alot of people who expect you to take their God seriously, there God is the only real one, the rest are false.....and no don't expect them to see the problem with making such claims.

Thirdly if you want to be taken seriously, meet the criteria everyone uses in order to determine a claim is true or false.

The most devout believers do honestly believer they have good reasons. It's easy to think you have good reasons when most of your religious beliefs are insulated in a cocoon of faith with fellow believers any counter belief or objection is seen as..........AN ATTACK BY SATAN !!!


Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?

Various reasons can be given but for most monothestic, God is a wrathful God, and if you piss him off to much he just might do something about it. Of course God won't personally threaten you.....................but your fellow human beings will on it's behalf....

I have some thoughts as to why belief in your god is so important.
Being that we live in a country where the mob mentality leans towards Christianity, there is a very important verse that mentions the core tenant, belief.

It depends which Mob you are speaking of. The mob mentality in Saudi Arabia is going to be different that the mob mentality of the south of the USA aka Jesus Land.

That is why you want me to believe in your god, right? Because you do and you want your beliefs to be taken seriously.
So what? I don't believe in your God, get over it. Or is it you want to control my choices?
Do you want to control my choices because you think if you live in a country where same sex marriages are accepted your god will punish the entire country...do you realize what sort of god you are describing, if this is your reason?

Pretty much. Once again they will tell you what God wants you or even entire nations to do.

What can I say, it works.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 1:55:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/1/2014 12:41:32 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/1/2014 12:38:52 AM, Iredia wrote:
At 4/1/2014 12:10:16 AM, perplexed wrote:
At 4/1/2014 12:04:59 AM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/31/2014 11:19:46 PM, perplexed wrote:
At 3/31/2014 10:58:04 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:50:03 PM, perplexed wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:30:32 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:13:48 PM, perplexed wrote:
It's tiring this ongoing debate about god.
First off, define God
Secondly how dare you expect me to take that seriously?
Thirdly if you want to be taken seriously, meet the criteria everyone uses in order to determine a claim is true or false.

Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?
I have some thoughts as to why belief in your god is so important.
Being that we live in a country where the mob mentality leans towards Christianity, there is a very important verse that mentions the core tenant, belief.
That is why you want me to believe in your god, right? Because you do and you want your beliefs to be taken seriously.
So what? I don't believe in your God, get over it. Or is it you want to control my choices?
Do you want to control my choices because you think if you live in a country where same sex marriages are accepted your god will punish the entire country...do you realize what sort of god you are describing, if this is your reason?

perplexed You have your FAITH!!
You "BELIEVE" there is NO God!!
You can not prove there is NO God.. All you have got to go on is, your own faith!!

Why is it important?! Your Words.. Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?

Simple and most logical answer is... You get only one kick at the can!! Just one chance to get it right!!!
WHY.....
perplexed why are you so cock sure you have got it right!!??
You have NO proof there is NO God.. At best, all you have is "YOU THINK you are right!"

WHAT.....
perplexed what if you are wrong???!! Give this some thought then get back to me!!

what if i'm wrong?
i'm wrong...so what?

perplexed You ask.. what if i'm wrong? i'm wrong...so what?

I reply: This is where LOGIC should enter the conversation!!
LOGIC should tell you... "Being WRONG" means there must be a "RIGHT"!
LOGIC should tell you... Not being "WRONG" should be your goal in life, it should be every ones goal!!
LOGIC should tell you.... "Survival" self preservation is a built in automatic response to danger!
LOGIC tells me... "You do not realize the danger you are in"!

It's like bending to pick up a rock, not seeing the snake coiled up under the rock until you pick it up.. THEN...
perplexed then it is too late!!!

You can't know if I am right and you are wrong OR you are right and I am wrong.. UNTIL...
perplexed until you look... Until you investigate.. Until you have done your homework...
Then and ONLY then can you make an INFORMED decision!!

Please.... LOOK, check out every thing.... As I said before "You only get one kick at the can, only one life to get it right!

From my vantage looking in.. I say; "Satan has you right where he wants you"! You are doing nothing, content trusting you got it right!! Not spending any effort towards spending life eternally with God!

logic tells me you have to prove to me your idea about god is the right one

perplexed thank you for your question..
I reply: Simply, read the scriptures!
The scriptures tell you "Jesus rose from the dead!"
The scriptures tell you "God has ONLY one son.. Jesus"!
The scriptures tell you "Baptism IMMERSES people INTO the resurrected body of Jesus"!
LOGIC tells you; "All IN Jesus are thus God' children!"
The scriptures tell you; "All IN Jesus' body will also rise from death"!

perplexed LOGIC tells you.... NO ONE.....
perplexed no one can die twice... Heck you cannot even kill a stinking, no good mangy dog two times... Even a dog can die only one (1) time!!
Jesus "Died" he has been there and done that! Jesus CANNOT die a second time... THIS...
perplexed this fact is your assurance of eternal LIFE!!! Get your self "IMMERSED into the resurrected never to die a second time body of Jesus"!

Don't take my word for it.. As I said.. Read the scriptures!!

First off, define God
Secondly how dare you expect me to take that seriously?
Thirdly if you want to be taken seriously, meet the criteria everyone uses in order to determine a claim is true or false.
i. will. not. take. claims. at. face. value.
got it?

God is the uncaused Creator of the universe (or multiverse if you will). It's not rocket science.

Man is the creator of gods. It's not rocket surgery.

"Man is the creator of the theory of evolution"
"Therefore, evolution is false"

Bulshit logic.
Yoshi
Posts: 71
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 2:07:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 5:13:48 PM, perplexed wrote:

This thread is going nowhere even though Perplexed put it so well.

First off, define God

A great beginning because a claim always needs to be defined before being able to be assessed.

Secondly how dare you expect me to take that seriously?
Thirdly if you want to be taken seriously, meet the criteria everyone uses in order to determine a claim is true or false

However this here makes the assumption that every god claim despite any religion is illogical and shouldn't be taken seriously.

I would agree to a point because I'm sure even though you are more directed at Christians in this thread, there's still a possibility that someone actually has a different, more scientific view that'd seem far more reasonable then a Christians definition. (even if it's still unbelievable)

However you also are looking at the validity of the claim itself.

Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?

Doesn't matter what their cause is to find their beliefs important, it's still important to them whether you like it or not. I don't have a problem with Mormonism considering they do far more good in the community then Christians overall and a lot of it has been based on their religion. (I'm sure it's easy to just ignore the knocks on the door)
TheWarrior
Posts: 126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 5:02:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 11:21:16 PM, perplexed wrote:
At 3/31/2014 9:58:50 PM, TheWarrior wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:13:48 PM, perplexed wrote:
It's tiring this ongoing debate about god.
First off, define God
Secondly how dare you expect me to take that seriously?
Thirdly if you want to be taken seriously, meet the criteria everyone uses in order to determine a claim is true or false.

Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?
I have some thoughts as to why belief in your god is so important.
Being that we live in a country where the mob mentality leans towards Christianity, there is a very important verse that mentions the core tenant, belief.
That is why you want me to believe in your god, right? Because you do and you want your beliefs to be taken seriously.
So what? I don't believe in your God, get over it. Or is it you want to control my choices?
Do you want to control my choices because you think if you live in a country where same sex marriages are accepted your god will punish the entire country...do you realize what sort of god you are describing, if this is your reason?
God is love. If you don't want to take that seriously, that is your perogative. It is important so that we can spend an eternity with rather that without God. No, I do not want you to believe because I do. I want you to believe because God loves you. I do not want to control your choices. I do not believe that God will destroy this country if it accepts same-sex marriage, that was not the sin of sodom. Also, the sacrifice for sins was already paid in full with Christ because God loved us. I understand the problems you have with Christianity. If you would like to see more of what I believe visit the blog badchristian.com The blog was not written by me but by christians who understand how hateful christians can be.

as a mother i recognize unconditional love without your god, so what?
As a father I understand how you can say that. My job is not to convince you. My job is simply to answer the questions you have in a loving manner as christ would. I do not wish to offend you at all. I was simply pointing out that not all christians are as hateful as you described. The world is supposed to see the love of Christ through us but all they see is hate. I hope to eventually change this. I hope you see that there are still some loving christians in this world.
https://docs.google.com...
Lead Enforcer of the DDO Revolutionary Party
bulproof
Posts: 25,247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 5:58:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/1/2014 1:55:20 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/1/2014 12:41:32 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/1/2014 12:38:52 AM, Iredia wrote:
At 4/1/2014 12:10:16 AM, perplexed wrote:
At 4/1/2014 12:04:59 AM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/31/2014 11:19:46 PM, perplexed wrote:
At 3/31/2014 10:58:04 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:50:03 PM, perplexed wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:30:32 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:13:48 PM, perplexed wrote:
It's tiring this ongoing debate about god.
First off, define God
Secondly how dare you expect me to take that seriously?
Thirdly if you want to be taken seriously, meet the criteria everyone uses in order to determine a claim is true or false.

Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?
I have some thoughts as to why belief in your god is so important.
Being that we live in a country where the mob mentality leans towards Christianity, there is a very important verse that mentions the core tenant, belief.
That is why you want me to believe in your god, right? Because you do and you want your beliefs to be taken seriously.
So what? I don't believe in your God, get over it. Or is it you want to control my choices?
Do you want to control my choices because you think if you live in a country where same sex marriages are accepted your god will punish the entire country...do you realize what sort of god you are describing, if this is your reason?

perplexed You have your FAITH!!
You "BELIEVE" there is NO God!!
You can not prove there is NO God.. All you have got to go on is, your own faith!!

Why is it important?! Your Words.. Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?

Simple and most logical answer is... You get only one kick at the can!! Just one chance to get it right!!!
WHY.....
perplexed why are you so cock sure you have got it right!!??
You have NO proof there is NO God.. At best, all you have is "YOU THINK you are right!"

WHAT.....
perplexed what if you are wrong???!! Give this some thought then get back to me!!

what if i'm wrong?
i'm wrong...so what?

perplexed You ask.. what if i'm wrong? i'm wrong...so what?

I reply: This is where LOGIC should enter the conversation!!
LOGIC should tell you... "Being WRONG" means there must be a "RIGHT"!
LOGIC should tell you... Not being "WRONG" should be your goal in life, it should be every ones goal!!
LOGIC should tell you.... "Survival" self preservation is a built in automatic response to danger!
LOGIC tells me... "You do not realize the danger you are in"!

It's like bending to pick up a rock, not seeing the snake coiled up under the rock until you pick it up.. THEN...
perplexed then it is too late!!!

You can't know if I am right and you are wrong OR you are right and I am wrong.. UNTIL...
perplexed until you look... Until you investigate.. Until you have done your homework...
Then and ONLY then can you make an INFORMED decision!!

Please.... LOOK, check out every thing.... As I said before "You only get one kick at the can, only one life to get it right!

From my vantage looking in.. I say; "Satan has you right where he wants you"! You are doing nothing, content trusting you got it right!! Not spending any effort towards spending life eternally with God!

logic tells me you have to prove to me your idea about god is the right one

perplexed thank you for your question..
I reply: Simply, read the scriptures!
The scriptures tell you "Jesus rose from the dead!"
The scriptures tell you "God has ONLY one son.. Jesus"!
The scriptures tell you "Baptism IMMERSES people INTO the resurrected body of Jesus"!
LOGIC tells you; "All IN Jesus are thus God' children!"
The scriptures tell you; "All IN Jesus' body will also rise from death"!

perplexed LOGIC tells you.... NO ONE.....
perplexed no one can die twice... Heck you cannot even kill a stinking, no good mangy dog two times... Even a dog can die only one (1) time!!
Jesus "Died" he has been there and done that! Jesus CANNOT die a second time... THIS...
perplexed this fact is your assurance of eternal LIFE!!! Get your self "IMMERSED into the resurrected never to die a second time body of Jesus"!

Don't take my word for it.. As I said.. Read the scriptures!!

First off, define God
Secondly how dare you expect me to take that seriously?
Thirdly if you want to be taken seriously, meet the criteria everyone uses in order to determine a claim is true or false.
i. will. not. take. claims. at. face. value.
got it?

God is the uncaused Creator of the universe (or multiverse if you will). It's not rocket science.

Man is the creator of gods. It's not rocket surgery.

"Man is the creator of the theory of evolution"
"Therefore, evolution is false"

Bulshit logic.

I told you that you were funny.
I'm glad you took my advice and are keeping it up. LMFAO........................hahahahahahahaha
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Iredia
Posts: 1,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 7:20:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/1/2014 12:41:32 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/1/2014 12:38:52 AM, Iredia wrote:


God is the uncaused Creator of the universe (or multiverse if you will). It's not rocket science.

Man is the creator of gods. It's not rocket surgery.

What does rocket have to surgery ?
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.
bulproof
Posts: 25,247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 7:25:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/1/2014 7:20:18 AM, Iredia wrote:
At 4/1/2014 12:41:32 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/1/2014 12:38:52 AM, Iredia wrote:


God is the uncaused Creator of the universe (or multiverse if you will). It's not rocket science.

Man is the creator of gods. It's not rocket surgery.

What does rocket have to surgery ?

Are you trying to be funnier than the other dude?

You failed LMFAO.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
perplexed
Posts: 863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 8:38:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/1/2014 5:02:21 AM, TheWarrior wrote:
At 3/31/2014 11:21:16 PM, perplexed wrote:
At 3/31/2014 9:58:50 PM, TheWarrior wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:13:48 PM, perplexed wrote:
It's tiring this ongoing debate about god.
First off, define God
Secondly how dare you expect me to take that seriously?
Thirdly if you want to be taken seriously, meet the criteria everyone uses in order to determine a claim is true or false.

Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?
I have some thoughts as to why belief in your god is so important.
Being that we live in a country where the mob mentality leans towards Christianity, there is a very important verse that mentions the core tenant, belief.
That is why you want me to believe in your god, right? Because you do and you want your beliefs to be taken seriously.
So what? I don't believe in your God, get over it. Or is it you want to control my choices?
Do you want to control my choices because you think if you live in a country where same sex marriages are accepted your god will punish the entire country...do you realize what sort of god you are describing, if this is your reason?
God is love. If you don't want to take that seriously, that is your perogative. It is important so that we can spend an eternity with rather that without God. No, I do not want you to believe because I do. I want you to believe because God loves you. I do not want to control your choices. I do not believe that God will destroy this country if it accepts same-sex marriage, that was not the sin of sodom. Also, the sacrifice for sins was already paid in full with Christ because God loved us. I understand the problems you have with Christianity. If you would like to see more of what I believe visit the blog badchristian.com The blog was not written by me but by christians who understand how hateful christians can be.

as a mother i recognize unconditional love without your god, so what?
As a father I understand how you can say that. My job is not to convince you. My job is simply to answer the questions you have in a loving manner as christ would. I do not wish to offend you at all. I was simply pointing out that not all christians are as hateful as you described. The world is supposed to see the love of Christ through us but all they see is hate. I hope to eventually change this. I hope you see that there are still some loving christians in this world.

well then answer me this, what is so important about belief in things unseen?

I was simply pointing out that not all christians are as hateful as you described.

projecting? you are going to have to pin point where i called Christians hateful.

"The world is supposed to see the love of Christ through us but all they see is hate"

i see arrogance and a sense of entitlement, not the same thing

" hope to eventually change this. I hope you see that there are still some loving christians in this world."
well since you did not provide any objective evidence...your hope doesn't seem to be able to cut it.
: At 4/29/2014 3:14:36 AM, annanicole wrote:

:
: I'll be happy to concede the raping of virgin girls, if you can find it somewhere.
TheOncomingStorm
Posts: 249
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 8:45:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/31/2014 5:13:48 PM, perplexed wrote:
It's tiring this ongoing debate about god.
First off, define God
Secondly how dare you expect me to take that seriously?
Thirdly if you want to be taken seriously, meet the criteria everyone uses in order to determine a claim is true or false.

Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?
I have some thoughts as to why belief in your god is so important.
Being that we live in a country where the mob mentality leans towards Christianity, there is a very important verse that mentions the core tenant, belief.
That is why you want me to believe in your god, right? Because you do and you want your beliefs to be taken seriously.

I can only speak for myself, but it's because I care. If you break it down logically, you can find it a logical conclusion just based on the basic beliefs of Christianity. I believe that Hell exists, and I also believe that I am to love those around me and put them above myself. If both of these things are true in my life, I should logically be compelled to help people by trying to convince them my God exists. And I am. So, it's not because I need some nod of approval (approval is ultimately meaningless, especially online). I just put work into helping because I actually care.

So what? I don't believe in your God, get over it. Or is it you want to control my choices?
Do you want to control my choices because you think if you live in a country where same sex marriages are accepted your god will punish the entire country...do you realize what sort of god you are describing, if this is your reason?

No, actually it's not biblically supported to enforce a law on the country that's based on the Bible. The Bible says to submit to the government, not control it.
Official "Director of Weather and Hyperbole in the Maximum Degree of Mice and Men" of the FREEDO bureaucracy.
perplexed
Posts: 863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 8:49:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/1/2014 2:07:18 AM, Yoshi wrote:
At 3/31/2014 5:13:48 PM, perplexed wrote:

This thread is going nowhere even though Perplexed put it so well.

First off, define God

A great beginning because a claim always needs to be defined before being able to be assessed.

Secondly how dare you expect me to take that seriously?
Thirdly if you want to be taken seriously, meet the criteria everyone uses in order to determine a claim is true or false

However this here makes the assumption that every god claim despite any religion is illogical and shouldn't be taken seriously.

I would agree to a point because I'm sure even though you are more directed at Christians in this thread, there's still a possibility that someone actually has a different, more scientific view that'd seem far more reasonable then a Christians definition. (even if it's still unbelievable)

However you also are looking at the validity of the claim itself.

Can someone explain why the belief in your god is so important?

Doesn't matter what their cause is to find their beliefs important, it's still important to them whether you like it or not. I don't have a problem with Mormonism considering they do far more good in the community then Christians overall and a lot of it has been based on their religion. (I'm sure it's easy to just ignore the knocks on the door)

this has NOTHING to do with the existence of your or a GOD...

why is belief in it supposed to be important to me according to you or other believers?

it is a given the believer believes, so what?
just because a believer believes has nothing to do with why I should believe
I am consistently holding EVERY claim to the same standard in order for me to be persuaded a claim is true or false.
Isn't that my right?
: At 4/29/2014 3:14:36 AM, annanicole wrote:

:
: I'll be happy to concede the raping of virgin girls, if you can find it somewhere.
perplexed
Posts: 863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 8:54:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/1/2014 12:38:52 AM, Iredia wrote:

God is the uncaused Creator of the universe (or multiverse if you will). It's not rocket science.

prove to me your god is the Creator of the universe...sure there may be a god THAT IS NOT THE QUESTION

I UNDERSTAND you believe...you don't need to convince me to know that YOU believe, got it?

so WHY is my belief in YOUR god so important?
: At 4/29/2014 3:14:36 AM, annanicole wrote:

:
: I'll be happy to concede the raping of virgin girls, if you can find it somewhere.
perplexed
Posts: 863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 8:55:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/1/2014 12:41:32 AM, bulproof wrote:

Man is the creator of gods. It's not rocket surgery.

that is what the evidence shows
: At 4/29/2014 3:14:36 AM, annanicole wrote:

:
: I'll be happy to concede the raping of virgin girls, if you can find it somewhere.