Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

God is good man is bad

Hematite12
Posts: 400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 9:47:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Well, I would spend my time on an argument, but I get the sense you are trolling/satirizing those who actually DO think that.

If the former, I will discuss with you. If the latter, haha :)
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,368
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 1:34:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/1/2014 9:08:57 PM, jaksunmadness wrote:
Anything bad happening is because of man. Anything good that happens it's thanks to God.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,368
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 1:35:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/1/2014 9:08:57 PM, jaksunmadness wrote:
Anything bad happening is because of man. Anything good that happens is thanks to God.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Dragonfang
Posts: 1,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 1:50:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
"Good" and "Bad" are relative. Normally, you would expect them to reefer to certain human subjectivity.

Assuming you are talking about an objective "good" or "bad", I am curious of where the "man is always bad" thing came from since it does not go with the most commonly believed theologies.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 3:32:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/1/2014 9:08:57 PM, jaksunmadness wrote:
Anything bad happening is because of man. Anything good that happens it's thanks to God.

Everything good and evil was formed by our Creator to deceive His people from the Truth.

Are you eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil or the tree of life?
Romanii
Posts: 4,859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 5:17:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/1/2014 9:08:57 PM, jaksunmadness wrote:
Anything bad happening is because of man. Anything good that happens it's thanks to God.

Proof?
jaksunmadness
Posts: 43
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 6:10:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/1/2014 9:47:22 PM, Hematite12 wrote:
Well, I would spend my time on an argument, but I get the sense you are trolling/satirizing those who actually DO think that.

If the former, I will discuss with you. If the latter, haha :)

You are correct it's a satire.
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 6:33:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/1/2014 9:08:57 PM, jaksunmadness wrote:
Anything bad happening is because of man. Anything good that happens it's thanks to God.

Jaksunmadness, with all due respect to your beliefs, I disagree.

Many and God can both be bad and they can both be good.

Many is bad when he is selfish to the point that it destroys the community around him and the planet. These materialized human actions are called "sin". Sin is behavior that leads to humankind's destruction.

God can be bad for a differently reason entirely. God destroys civilizations that sin and thus he eliminates life that will not promote itself. It's still bad because it leads to death and even wide-scale death. God's badness is a practical kind of badness . . . a "necessary evil", you might call it.

Human sin however is tragically and selfishly evil. It causes the person to only think of himself and consider exclusively his own emotions or those who is most closest to, no matter the destruction it creates or the inequality it pushes on the world. Human badness is impractical . . . as in the end the actions of the sinner (or sinners) lessens the quality of the world and creates an environment of death. Human badness dooms the sinner.

God's badness does not doom him, only his creation. God survives firmly intact.

However, humans are also capable of human goodness and it is in this that we should invest virtually all of our time and actions!
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 6:36:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/1/2014 9:08:57 PM, jaksunmadness wrote:
Anything bad happening is because of man. Anything good that happens it's thanks to God.

(I'm correcting my statement in a previous post.)

Jaksunmadness, with all due respect to your beliefs, I disagree.

Man and God can both be bad and they can both be good.

Man is bad when he is selfish to the point that it destroys the community around him and the planet. These materialized human actions are called "sin". Sin is behavior that leads to humankind's destruction.

God can be bad for a different reason entirely. God destroys civilizations that sin and thus he eliminates life that will not promote itself. It's still bad because it leads to death and wide-scale loss. God's badness is a practical kind of badness . . . a "necessary evil", you might call it.

Human sin however is tragically and selfishly evil. It causes the person to only think of himself and consider exclusively his own emotions or those who is most closest to, no matter the destruction it creates or the inequality it pushes on the world. Human badness is impractical . . . as in the end the actions of the sinner (or sinners) lessens the quality of the world and creates an environment of death. Human badness dooms the sinner.

God's badness does not doom him, only his creation. God survives firmly intact.

However, humans are also capable of human goodness and it is in this that we should invest virtually all of our time and actions!
jaksunmadness
Posts: 43
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 6:53:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I say this because when bad things that happen Christian groups always say "it's God's punishment for our behavior." But when someone gets a medal or promotion it's always "I'm blessed by the Lord!"
Hematite12
Posts: 400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 7:19:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/2/2014 6:53:01 PM, jaksunmadness wrote:
I say this because when bad things that happen Christian groups always say "it's God's punishment for our behavior." But when someone gets a medal or promotion it's always "I'm blessed by the Lord!"

Exactly.

There's a video I saw of Wolf Blitzer talking to people in the aftermath of a tornado. There was wreckage of destroyed houses all around, and Wolf is talking to this woman cradling a child in her arms. Wolf says "Gotta thank God, right?" (thank him that she and her child survived). He meant it seriously.

Tell me, then. Why can we give gratitude to God for good things that happen on his watch, but when bad things happen it is somehow man's fault? I am an agnostic, if I were to believe fully in God, I would not praise OR condemn the God, because they bring about both good AND evil. The blessing of surviving the tornado is MEANINGLESS when it is in the midst of such catastrophe.