Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

Gd is not dead, Your intelliegnce is dead.

Yoshi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 9:37:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/6/2014 8:20:25 AM, johnlubba wrote:
http://www.prabhupadavani.org...

For something to be dead requires to have lived first, this isn't an argument for either side.
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 1:33:12 PM
I don't think "intelliegnce" is a thing.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
SkepticalStardust
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 1:46:27 PM
At 4/6/2014 1:33:12 PM, n7 wrote:

I have to disagree. Intelligence is whatever it's defined to mean. The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines it as the ability to learn or understand things or to deal with new or difficult situations. By saying intelligence isn't a thing, you're saying "the ability to learn or understand things or to deal with new or difficult situations" isn't a thing.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." " Christopher Hitchens
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 2:40:21 PM
At 4/6/2014 1:46:27 PM, SkepticalStardust wrote:

I have to disagree. Intelligence is whatever it's defined to mean. The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines it as the ability to learn or understand things or to deal with new or difficult situations. By saying intelligence isn't a thing, you're saying "the ability to learn or understand things or to deal with new or difficult situations" isn't a thing.

Zooom is the sound the joke made when it went over your head.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
SkepticalStardust
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 3:18:14 PM
At 4/6/2014 2:40:21 PM, n7 wrote:

Zooom is the sound of that joke going over everyone's head. It's not recognizable as a joke when it's something others say genuinely. It's like saying "I think the earth is 6,000 years old." People you know will recognize it as a joke, but strangers on the internet will assume you're being genuine.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." " Christopher Hitchens
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 3:26:10 PM
At 4/6/2014 3:18:14 PM, SkepticalStardust wrote:

Zooom is the sound of that joke going over everyone's head. It's not recognizable as a joke when it's something others say genuinely. It's like saying "I think the earth is 6,000 years old." People you know will recognize it as a joke, but strangers on the internet will assume you're being genuine.

Lol, you still aren't getting the joke.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 4:10:59 PM
Hare Krishna

God is not dead he is Krishna, Vishnu, Rama and a whole host of other god avatars.

I can deal with that.
SkepticalStardust
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 5:35:56 PM
At 4/6/2014 3:26:10 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

Explain it to me, then. I have the feeling it's something that doesn't really make sense, like trying to imply that OP is stupid, a joke about a lack of belief in gods. or something else that doesn't connect well enough to what you said.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 12:55:07 AM
At 4/6/2014 5:35:56 PM, SkepticalStardust wrote:

Explain it to me, then. I have the feeling it's something that doesn't really make sense, like trying to imply that OP is stupid, a joke about a lack of belief in gods. or something else that doesn't connect well enough to what you said.

"Intelliegnce" isn't a thing nor a word. "Intelligence" is.
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 8:02:01 AM
At 4/7/2014 12:55:07 AM, popculturepooka wrote:

You are always so vague with your responses ( to others ) That it verges on the fringe of annoyance most times.

Intelligence is

That's all you have to say.

Pha
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 8:10:03 AM
At 4/6/2014 4:10:59 PM, slo1 wrote:
Hare Krishna

God is not dead he is Krishna, Vishnu, Rama and a whole host of other god avatars.

I can deal with that..

At least somebody around here understands what an expansion and a plenary portion is. :)
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 9:58:49 AM
At 4/7/2014 8:02:01 AM, johnlubba wrote:

You are always so vague with your responses ( to others ) That it verges on the fringe of annoyance most times.

Intelligence is

Pha

Explaining a joke kind of ruins it's effect. Not sure what was vague about my answer.
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 12:40:42 PM
At 4/7/2014 9:58:49 AM, popculturepooka wrote:

Intelligence is

Pha

Explaining a joke kind of ruins it's effect. Not sure what was vague about my answer.

Na, I don't think you could explain it, because the statement.

Is not humourous in any sense.

Plus

What I found Vague is your attempt to disguise your ambiguity which clearly shows you do not understand what you are talking about.

"Intelliegnce" isn't a thing

Really, So you have no Intelligence. You do not have this thing called intelligence

nor a word.

Neither is glass a word but we use words to describe things.

"Intelligence" is.

Is what?

Can we meausre intelligence? can somebody lack intelligence? can somebody have more intelligence than another person?

Where does it come from? It comes from God. And it is by the mercy of God that we can become intelligent.

It simply isn't just an is, it is something.

It is something, but is very subtle, Subtle means there is this thing, but this thing I can not see. That is the meaning of subtle. Just like I know you have got a mind and you know I have got a mind, but I can not see your mind and you can not see my mind, similarily intelligence, I know you have intelligence and you know I have intelligence, but I can not see your intelligence and you can not see my intelligence. So intelligence is subtle, it is there and we know it is there, we just can not see it. But it doesn't mean it isn't something.
mrsatan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 12:48:22 PM
At 4/7/2014 12:40:42 PM, johnlubba wrote:

Intelligence is

Pha

Plus

What I found Vague is your attempt to disguise your ambiguity which clearly shows you do not understand what you are talking about.

Really, So you have no Intelligence. You do not have this thing called intelligence

nor a word.

"Intelligence" is.

Is what?

Can we meausre intelligence? can somebody lack intelligence? can somebody have more intelligence than another person?

Where does it come from? It comes from God. And it is by the mercy of God that we can become intelligent.

It is something, but is very subtle, Subtle means there is this thing, but this thing I can not see. That is the meaning of subtle. Just like I know you have got a mind and you know I have got a mind, but I can not see your mind and you can not see my mind, similarily intelligence, I know you have intelligence and you know I have intelligence, but I can not see your intelligence and you can not see my intelligence. So intelligence is subtle, it is there and we know it is there, we just can not see it. But it doesn't mean it isn't something.

Really?... It's not a difficult joke to understand... "Intelligence" is misspelled in the threads title, and n7 was making a joke about that...
To say one has free will, to have chosen other than they did, is to say they have will over their will... Will over the will they have over their will... Will over the will they have over the will they have over their will, etc... It's utter nonsense.
OldSeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 12:53:23 PM
At 4/6/2014 8:20:25 AM, johnlubba wrote:
http://www.prabhupadavani.org...
So, what your saying is- reality is determined by consensus. The whole US government is a consensus--with no operations in reality except force of money. So, that leaves consensus out doesn't it.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2014 12:26:02 AM
At 4/7/2014 12:48:22 PM, mrsatan wrote:
At 4/7/2014 12:40:42 PM, johnlubba wrote:

Intelligence is

Pha

Plus

nor a word.

"Intelligence" is.

Is what?

Really?... It's not a difficult joke to understand... "Intelligence" is misspelled in the threads title, and n7 was making a joke about that...

How embarrassing that is, but oh well. I guess we are all apt to making the odd error. I still think it's a crappy joke.