Total Posts:28|Showing Posts:1-28
Jump to topic:

Homosexuals, you can go to heaven

Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 3:05:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Alright, I'm going to take on the onslaught of every inbred, so called "christian" who has never picked up a bible. Homosexuals, you can enter the kingdom of heaven. Here is why..

1: Only two sources say that homosexuality is wrong

Alright, so lets analyze where the bible says homosexuality is wrong. We got Paul and Leviticus. Now, Leviticus was written by priests and politicians, so we can throw that one out as reliable right away.

The second source is Paul. Paul never met or spoke to Christ, and was not a disciple. He was a man who received a vision, and dedicated his life to Christianity. Paul is the only person in the whole new testament to criticize homosexuality, and his criticism was not based off the teachings of god, but himself.

Paul was a Jewish scholar who lived in a society of highly conservative Jews. Among conservative Jews, homosexuality is extremely persecuted. This leads me to believe, that Paul's teachings were based off his own personal views, and not the actual doctrine of god.

2: Jesus never said so himself

This argument is more widely used when disproving the myth that homosexuals can not enter heaven. Give me ONE line, where Jesus says homosexuality is wrong. You wont, because no such line exists.

3: All people who believe Christ died for our sins will go to heaven

Jesus told Peter, when telling him that gentiles can enter the kingdom, that all people who believed Jesus died for our sins can go to heaven. This was taught by every major disciple. This statement alone, contradicts any argument that can be made in the already weak case that homosexuals cant enter heaven.

4: So who do we believe? Jesus or Paul.

Jesus of course. Jesus says that all people can enter heaven, and Paul says otherwise. Lets weigh up these two people. Paul was a traveling preacher and Jesus was the son of god. Jesus wins.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bonus Argument: Laws restricting the rights of homosexuals are unchristian

This one is true without a doubt. Even if I was wrong with everything I said above, which I don't think I am, I know I'm right on this. Jesus warned, that Christians would be intensely persecute Christians. He warned not to fight back and accept it. He also warned not to persecute others. Even the old testament it says this. Jews and Christians have a long history of persecution, and look what were doing now that were on top? Persecuting others.

We are acting no better then the Romans that fed us to the lions or the Egyptians would made us form bricks as slaves. Come on guys. How can you possibly justify this kind of abuse? Its bigotry, and that's all it will ever amount to.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright, that's all. I believe that disproving these "myths", is the first step towards a revival. Feedback appreciated.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Sswdwm
Posts: 1,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 3:45:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/7/2014 3:05:10 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
Alright, I'm going to take on the onslaught of every inbred, so called "christian" who has never picked up a bible. Homosexuals, you can enter the kingdom of heaven. Here is why..

1: Only two sources say that homosexuality is wrong

Alright, so lets analyze where the bible says homosexuality is wrong. We got Paul and Leviticus. Now, Leviticus was written by priests and politicians, so we can throw that one out as reliable right away.

The second source is Paul. Paul never met or spoke to Christ, and was not a disciple. He was a man who received a vision, and dedicated his life to Christianity. Paul is the only person in the whole new testament to criticize homosexuality, and his criticism was not based off the teachings of god, but himself.

Paul was a Jewish scholar who lived in a society of highly conservative Jews. Among conservative Jews, homosexuality is extremely persecuted. This leads me to believe, that Paul's teachings were based off his own personal views, and not the actual doctrine of god.

2: Jesus never said so himself

This argument is more widely used when disproving the myth that homosexuals can not enter heaven. Give me ONE line, where Jesus says homosexuality is wrong. You wont, because no such line exists.

3: All people who believe Christ died for our sins will go to heaven

Jesus told Peter, when telling him that gentiles can enter the kingdom, that all people who believed Jesus died for our sins can go to heaven. This was taught by every major disciple. This statement alone, contradicts any argument that can be made in the already weak case that homosexuals cant enter heaven.

4: So who do we believe? Jesus or Paul.

Jesus of course. Jesus says that all people can enter heaven, and Paul says otherwise. Lets weigh up these two people. Paul was a traveling preacher and Jesus was the son of god. Jesus wins.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bonus Argument: Laws restricting the rights of homosexuals are unchristian

This one is true without a doubt. Even if I was wrong with everything I said above, which I don't think I am, I know I'm right on this. Jesus warned, that Christians would be intensely persecute Christians. He warned not to fight back and accept it. He also warned not to persecute others. Even the old testament it says this. Jews and Christians have a long history of persecution, and look what were doing now that were on top? Persecuting others.

We are acting no better then the Romans that fed us to the lions or the Egyptians would made us form bricks as slaves. Come on guys. How can you possibly justify this kind of abuse? Its bigotry, and that's all it will ever amount to.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright, that's all. I believe that disproving these "myths", is the first step towards a revival. Feedback appreciated.

Great, now tell that to the hundreds of thousands of homosexuals that were treated worse than cattle, suffered torture, execution, bigotry and still largely do to this day.
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:
http://www.debate.org...

God most likely exists:
http://www.debate.org...
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 3:53:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/7/2014 3:45:57 PM, Sswdwm wrote:
At 4/7/2014 3:05:10 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
Alright, I'm going to take on the onslaught of every inbred, so called "christian" who has never picked up a bible. Homosexuals, you can enter the kingdom of heaven. Here is why..

1: Only two sources say that homosexuality is wrong

Alright, so lets analyze where the bible says homosexuality is wrong. We got Paul and Leviticus. Now, Leviticus was written by priests and politicians, so we can throw that one out as reliable right away.

The second source is Paul. Paul never met or spoke to Christ, and was not a disciple. He was a man who received a vision, and dedicated his life to Christianity. Paul is the only person in the whole new testament to criticize homosexuality, and his criticism was not based off the teachings of god, but himself.

Paul was a Jewish scholar who lived in a society of highly conservative Jews. Among conservative Jews, homosexuality is extremely persecuted. This leads me to believe, that Paul's teachings were based off his own personal views, and not the actual doctrine of god.

2: Jesus never said so himself

This argument is more widely used when disproving the myth that homosexuals can not enter heaven. Give me ONE line, where Jesus says homosexuality is wrong. You wont, because no such line exists.

3: All people who believe Christ died for our sins will go to heaven

Jesus told Peter, when telling him that gentiles can enter the kingdom, that all people who believed Jesus died for our sins can go to heaven. This was taught by every major disciple. This statement alone, contradicts any argument that can be made in the already weak case that homosexuals cant enter heaven.

4: So who do we believe? Jesus or Paul.

Jesus of course. Jesus says that all people can enter heaven, and Paul says otherwise. Lets weigh up these two people. Paul was a traveling preacher and Jesus was the son of god. Jesus wins.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bonus Argument: Laws restricting the rights of homosexuals are unchristian

This one is true without a doubt. Even if I was wrong with everything I said above, which I don't think I am, I know I'm right on this. Jesus warned, that Christians would be intensely persecute Christians. He warned not to fight back and accept it. He also warned not to persecute others. Even the old testament it says this. Jews and Christians have a long history of persecution, and look what were doing now that were on top? Persecuting others.

We are acting no better then the Romans that fed us to the lions or the Egyptians would made us form bricks as slaves. Come on guys. How can you possibly justify this kind of abuse? Its bigotry, and that's all it will ever amount to.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright, that's all. I believe that disproving these "myths", is the first step towards a revival. Feedback appreciated.

Great, now tell that to the hundreds of thousands of homosexuals that were treated worse than cattle, suffered torture, execution, bigotry and still largely do to this day.

Its to late for that, but hopefully I can change the views of a few bigoted souls. I doubt that homosexuals would of been much better without Christianity though. The other religions which hate homosexuality more would of taken hold. (Islam)
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
perplexed
Posts: 863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 7:17:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/7/2014 5:53:33 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
Also, I would be willing to debate anyone who takes me up on this.

did jesus say he came to fulfill the law?
what law was that?
: At 4/29/2014 3:14:36 AM, annanicole wrote:

:
: I'll be happy to concede the raping of virgin girls, if you can find it somewhere.
annanicole
Posts: 19,784
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 7:40:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/7/2014 5:53:33 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
Also, I would be willing to debate anyone who takes me up on this.

I doubt that anyone is going to debate you. Just a hunch - not because you are right, but because you are so far off-base that no one wants to take up all the errors.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 7:42:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/7/2014 5:53:33 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
Also, I would be willing to debate anyone who takes me up on this.

Ooo! Them's fightin' words! I might take you up on it.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
annanicole
Posts: 19,784
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 7:46:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
For one thing, the title of your post is: "Homosexuals, you can go to heaven"

Then you say, "Alright, I'm going to take on the onslaught of every inbred, so called 'christian' who has never picked up a bible. Homosexuals, you can enter the kingdom of heaven."

You act as if you do not know the difference between "heaven" and "the kingdom of heaven"
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 7:52:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/7/2014 7:17:51 PM, perplexed wrote:
At 4/7/2014 5:53:33 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
Also, I would be willing to debate anyone who takes me up on this.

did jesus say he came to fulfill the law?
what law was that?

I'm confused what you saying. Please clarify.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 7:53:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/7/2014 7:46:14 PM, annanicole wrote:
For one thing, the title of your post is: "Homosexuals, you can go to heaven"

Then you say, "Alright, I'm going to take on the onslaught of every inbred, so called 'christian' who has never picked up a bible. Homosexuals, you can enter the kingdom of heaven."

You act as if you do not know the difference between "heaven" and "the kingdom of heaven"

What are you talking about? I gave about 5 reasons on why I believe homosexuals CAN go to heaven.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
perplexed
Posts: 863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 8:26:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/7/2014 7:53:23 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/7/2014 7:46:14 PM, annanicole wrote:
For one thing, the title of your post is: "Homosexuals, you can go to heaven"

Then you say, "Alright, I'm going to take on the onslaught of every inbred, so called 'christian' who has never picked up a bible. Homosexuals, you can enter the kingdom of heaven."

You act as if you do not know the difference between "heaven" and "the kingdom of heaven"

What are you talking about? I gave about 5 reasons on why I believe homosexuals CAN go to heaven.

so what?
i am refuting your position.
i'm allowed to aren't i?

here...
matthew 5:"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

so it would appear that he came to fulfill the law..as it says so right here
what does leviticus 20:13 say...

"If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

so if jesus isn't changing that law what is his position with regards to this law?
: At 4/29/2014 3:14:36 AM, annanicole wrote:

:
: I'll be happy to concede the raping of virgin girls, if you can find it somewhere.
annanicole
Posts: 19,784
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 8:28:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/7/2014 7:53:23 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/7/2014 7:46:14 PM, annanicole wrote:
For one thing, the title of your post is: "Homosexuals, you can go to heaven"

Then you say, "Alright, I'm going to take on the onslaught of every inbred, so called 'christian' who has never picked up a bible. Homosexuals, you can enter the kingdom of heaven."

You act as if you do not know the difference between "heaven" and "the kingdom of heaven"

What are you talking about? I gave about 5 reasons on why I believe homosexuals CAN go to heaven.

Oh, homosexuals can go to heaven. I'm not denying that. I'm saying that your self-styled "reasons" aren't worth the time it took to type them.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 8:29:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/7/2014 8:26:30 PM, perplexed wrote:
At 4/7/2014 7:53:23 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/7/2014 7:46:14 PM, annanicole wrote:
For one thing, the title of your post is: "Homosexuals, you can go to heaven"

Then you say, "Alright, I'm going to take on the onslaught of every inbred, so called 'christian' who has never picked up a bible. Homosexuals, you can enter the kingdom of heaven."

You act as if you do not know the difference between "heaven" and "the kingdom of heaven"

What are you talking about? I gave about 5 reasons on why I believe homosexuals CAN go to heaven.

so what?
i am refuting your position.
i'm allowed to aren't i?

here...
matthew 5:"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

so it would appear that he came to fulfill the law..as it says so right here
what does leviticus 20:13 say...

"If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

so if jesus isn't changing that law what is his position with regards to this law?

The prophets, shortly after the creation of the new church, had a argument over whether the teachings of the old testament should be used with the new religion. After fierce debate, the majority of prophets decided that only the new teachings of Jesus should be taught, as Jesus made it clear that believing in him was all it takes to get to heaven. So, I believe Peter already refuted your argument. The disciples didn't always agree, but its clear that the majority were in my favor.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Intrepid
Posts: 372
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 8:56:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/7/2014 3:05:10 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Yes, homosexuals can go to Heaven. The only thing wrong is having homosexual sex, or more generally, the only thing wrong about homosexual sex is that the sex that is non-procreative by nature. This applies to any couple having sex that is non-procreative by nature, including a heterosexual couple having oral sex.
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 9:01:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/7/2014 8:56:06 PM, Intrepid wrote:
At 4/7/2014 3:05:10 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Yes, homosexuals can go to Heaven. The only thing wrong is having homosexual sex, or more generally, the only thing wrong about homosexual sex is that the sex that is non-procreative by nature. This applies to any couple having sex that is non-procreative by nature, including a heterosexual couple having oral sex.

I disagree with you. As I already showed, as long as you believe Christ dies for your sins you go to heaven.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
annanicole
Posts: 19,784
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 9:06:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/7/2014 9:01:51 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/7/2014 8:56:06 PM, Intrepid wrote:
At 4/7/2014 3:05:10 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Yes, homosexuals can go to Heaven. The only thing wrong is having homosexual sex, or more generally, the only thing wrong about homosexual sex is that the sex that is non-procreative by nature. This applies to any couple having sex that is non-procreative by nature, including a heterosexual couple having oral sex.

I disagree with you. As I already showed, as long as you believe Christ dies for your sins you go to heaven.

That's not true, either. "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved.". Also, a person must repent of his sins - not keep living in them.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 9:08:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/7/2014 9:06:24 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 4/7/2014 9:01:51 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/7/2014 8:56:06 PM, Intrepid wrote:
At 4/7/2014 3:05:10 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Yes, homosexuals can go to Heaven. The only thing wrong is having homosexual sex, or more generally, the only thing wrong about homosexual sex is that the sex that is non-procreative by nature. This applies to any couple having sex that is non-procreative by nature, including a heterosexual couple having oral sex.

I disagree with you. As I already showed, as long as you believe Christ dies for your sins you go to heaven.

That's not true, either. "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved.". Also, a person must repent of his sins - not keep living in them.

Yes, but as I showed, homosexuality is not a sin. No reliable evidence exists. And no, all you need to do is believe. A true believer will not sin and get baptized though.

For example, if you truly believe god exists, why would you sin when it displeases him?
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
annanicole
Posts: 19,784
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 9:14:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/7/2014 9:08:24 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/7/2014 9:06:24 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 4/7/2014 9:01:51 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/7/2014 8:56:06 PM, Intrepid wrote:
At 4/7/2014 3:05:10 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Yes, homosexuals can go to Heaven. The only thing wrong is having homosexual sex, or more generally, the only thing wrong about homosexual sex is that the sex that is non-procreative by nature. This applies to any couple having sex that is non-procreative by nature, including a heterosexual couple having oral sex.

I disagree with you. As I already showed, as long as you believe Christ dies for your sins you go to heaven.

That's not true, either. "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved.". Also, a person must repent of his sins - not keep living in them.

Yes, but as I showed, homosexuality is not a sin. No reliable evidence exists. And no, all you need to do is believe. A true believer will not sin and get baptized though.

For example, if you truly believe god exists, why would you sin when it displeases him?

Human weakness or ignorance. It is absurd to claim that a "true believer" will not even commit a sin. Name one that doesn't.

By "homosexuality", exactly what do you mean? Do you mean the attraction of persons of one sex to another? Or do you mean acting upon that attraction?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 9:21:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/7/2014 9:14:31 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 4/7/2014 9:08:24 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/7/2014 9:06:24 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 4/7/2014 9:01:51 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/7/2014 8:56:06 PM, Intrepid wrote:
At 4/7/2014 3:05:10 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Yes, homosexuals can go to Heaven. The only thing wrong is having homosexual sex, or more generally, the only thing wrong about homosexual sex is that the sex that is non-procreative by nature. This applies to any couple having sex that is non-procreative by nature, including a heterosexual couple having oral sex.

I disagree with you. As I already showed, as long as you believe Christ dies for your sins you go to heaven.

That's not true, either. "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved.". Also, a person must repent of his sins - not keep living in them.

Yes, but as I showed, homosexuality is not a sin. No reliable evidence exists. And no, all you need to do is believe. A true believer will not sin and get baptized though.

For example, if you truly believe god exists, why would you sin when it displeases him?

Human weakness or ignorance. It is absurd to claim that a "true believer" will not even commit a sin. Name one that doesn't.

By "homosexuality", exactly what do you mean? Do you mean the attraction of persons of one sex to another? Or do you mean acting upon that attraction?

1. I'm saying that someone who truly believes in god, will try his best not to sin.

2. Acting on it is not wrong, or if it is, no solid evidence exists. Read what I wrote and respond to it directly through reply and quote.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Intrepid
Posts: 372
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 9:40:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/7/2014 9:01:51 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/7/2014 8:56:06 PM, Intrepid wrote:
At 4/7/2014 3:05:10 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Yes, homosexuals can go to Heaven. The only thing wrong is having homosexual sex, or more generally, the only thing wrong about homosexual sex is that the sex that is non-procreative by nature. This applies to any couple having sex that is non-procreative by nature, including a heterosexual couple having oral sex.

I disagree with you. As I already showed, as long as you believe Christ dies for your sins you go to heaven.

Ahhh you believe on salvation by faith alone.
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 9:48:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Matthew 19:4-6

"And He answered and said to them, "Have you not read that He who made[a] them at the beginning "made them male and female," 5 and said, "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh"? 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate."
perplexed
Posts: 863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 9:57:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/7/2014 8:29:20 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/7/2014 8:26:30 PM, perplexed wrote:
At 4/7/2014 7:53:23 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/7/2014 7:46:14 PM, annanicole wrote:
For one thing, the title of your post is: "Homosexuals, you can go to heaven"

Then you say, "Alright, I'm going to take on the onslaught of every inbred, so called 'christian' who has never picked up a bible. Homosexuals, you can enter the kingdom of heaven."

You act as if you do not know the difference between "heaven" and "the kingdom of heaven"

What are you talking about? I gave about 5 reasons on why I believe homosexuals CAN go to heaven.

so what?
i am refuting your position.
i'm allowed to aren't i?

here...
matthew 5:"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

so it would appear that he came to fulfill the law..as it says so right here
what does leviticus 20:13 say...

"If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

so if jesus isn't changing that law what is his position with regards to this law?

The prophets, shortly after the creation of the new church, had a argument over whether the teachings of the old testament should be used with the new religion.
After fierce debate, the majority of prophets decided that only the new teachings of Jesus should be taught, as Jesus made it clear that believing in him was all it takes to get to heaven. So, I believe Peter already refuted your argument. The disciples didn't always agree, but its clear that the majority were in my favor.

ahhh, so what laws did Jesus come to fulfill? Peter's?
: At 4/29/2014 3:14:36 AM, annanicole wrote:

:
: I'll be happy to concede the raping of virgin girls, if you can find it somewhere.
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 10:07:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/7/2014 9:57:31 PM, perplexed wrote:
At 4/7/2014 8:29:20 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/7/2014 8:26:30 PM, perplexed wrote:
At 4/7/2014 7:53:23 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/7/2014 7:46:14 PM, annanicole wrote:
For one thing, the title of your post is: "Homosexuals, you can go to heaven"

Then you say, "Alright, I'm going to take on the onslaught of every inbred, so called 'christian' who has never picked up a bible. Homosexuals, you can enter the kingdom of heaven."

You act as if you do not know the difference between "heaven" and "the kingdom of heaven"

What are you talking about? I gave about 5 reasons on why I believe homosexuals CAN go to heaven.

so what?
i am refuting your position.
i'm allowed to aren't i?

here...
matthew 5:"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

so it would appear that he came to fulfill the law..as it says so right here
what does leviticus 20:13 say...

"If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

so if jesus isn't changing that law what is his position with regards to this law?

The prophets, shortly after the creation of the new church, had a argument over whether the teachings of the old testament should be used with the new religion.
After fierce debate, the majority of prophets decided that only the new teachings of Jesus should be taught, as Jesus made it clear that believing in him was all it takes to get to heaven. So, I believe Peter already refuted your argument. The disciples didn't always agree, but its clear that the majority were in my favor.

ahhh, so what laws did Jesus come to fulfill? Peter's?

Jesus did not come to fulfill laws. He did not come to teach. And he did not come to establish a guideline for Christians. He came to die for our sins.

At least that's what most protestant churches teach.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 10:10:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/7/2014 9:40:26 PM, Intrepid wrote:
At 4/7/2014 9:01:51 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/7/2014 8:56:06 PM, Intrepid wrote:
At 4/7/2014 3:05:10 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Yes, homosexuals can go to Heaven. The only thing wrong is having homosexual sex, or more generally, the only thing wrong about homosexual sex is that the sex that is non-procreative by nature. This applies to any couple having sex that is non-procreative by nature, including a heterosexual couple having oral sex.

I disagree with you. As I already showed, as long as you believe Christ dies for your sins you go to heaven.

Ahhh you believe on salvation by faith alone.

No, that I do not believe. While EVERY disciple said that to get to heaven, you need to believe Christ died for your sins, I also believe that if you truly believe in Christ, then you would have no reason to sin.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
perplexed
Posts: 863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 10:11:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/7/2014 10:07:46 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/7/2014 9:57:31 PM, perplexed wrote:
At 4/7/2014 8:29:20 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/7/2014 8:26:30 PM, perplexed wrote:
At 4/7/2014 7:53:23 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/7/2014 7:46:14 PM, annanicole wrote:
For one thing, the title of your post is: "Homosexuals, you can go to heaven"

Then you say, "Alright, I'm going to take on the onslaught of every inbred, so called 'christian' who has never picked up a bible. Homosexuals, you can enter the kingdom of heaven."

You act as if you do not know the difference between "heaven" and "the kingdom of heaven"

What are you talking about? I gave about 5 reasons on why I believe homosexuals CAN go to heaven.

so what?
i am refuting your position.
i'm allowed to aren't i?

here...
matthew 5:"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

so it would appear that he came to fulfill the law..as it says so right here
what does leviticus 20:13 say...

"If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

so if jesus isn't changing that law what is his position with regards to this law?

The prophets, shortly after the creation of the new church, had a argument over whether the teachings of the old testament should be used with the new religion.
After fierce debate, the majority of prophets decided that only the new teachings of Jesus should be taught, as Jesus made it clear that believing in him was all it takes to get to heaven. So, I believe Peter already refuted your argument. The disciples didn't always agree, but its clear that the majority were in my favor.

ahhh, so what laws did Jesus come to fulfill? Peter's?

Jesus did not come to fulfill laws. He did not come to teach. And he did not come to establish a guideline for Christians. He came to die for our sins.

At least that's what most protestant churches teach.

are you saying Jesus didn't say what is attributed to be his words in matthew 5:17?
did he say anything in matthew 5?
: At 4/29/2014 3:14:36 AM, annanicole wrote:

:
: I'll be happy to concede the raping of virgin girls, if you can find it somewhere.
bulproof
Posts: 25,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2014 12:45:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/7/2014 9:48:05 PM, TN05 wrote:
Matthew 19:4-6

"And He answered and said to them, "Have you not read that He who made[a] them at the beginning "made them male and female," 5 and said, "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh"? 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate."

I'm not sure who was there to record this statement allegedly made to A&E but even so who were the mother and father they were leaving?
The important part of that passage though would be telling people they can't divorce. So I guess divorcees can't go to heaven. bugger.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2014 2:27:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/8/2014 12:45:18 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/7/2014 9:48:05 PM, TN05 wrote:
Matthew 19:4-6

"And He answered and said to them, "Have you not read that He who made[a] them at the beginning "made them male and female," 5 and said, "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh"? 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate."

I'm not sure who was there to record this statement allegedly made to A&E but even so who were the mother and father they were leaving?
The important part of that passage though would be telling people they can't divorce. So I guess divorcees can't go to heaven. bugger.

Guess that's bad news for you with your many failed relationships with your fellow human beings.