Jump to topic:

God and your identity

perplexed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 6:50:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The christian god in particular claims he sent his only son to die for your sins.
Sin means missing the mark and i can only suppose that the mark has been reduced to belief in his son. Somewhere along the way western society thought the 600 and some laws were deemed immoral, like killing your neighbor for working on the sabbath to stoning horny teenagers.

So now we have this idea that belief in jesus will give you a ticket to paradise.
Because the only good thing about you is your belief in Jesus. Thats it.
Anyone can make it there, all they require is to believe they are forgiven.
So now we come to the real problem, self identity.

If you were to ask yourself what is it about you that makes you good...
I'm certain the first thing in your head wouldn't be your belief in Jesus saving grace
It could be that you are a good listener, you are empathetic, you are concerned and you want to make this world a better place.
But that doesn't matter it seems because you also believe Jesus died for you and the only good thing he sees in you is your belief in him. After all his dad said that people are inclined to be evil since childhood...
even in the NT we have paul call unbelievers wicked, evil and of the dark BECAUSE they are no believers.

Thusly your identity is now wrapped up in his,
Is it any wonder most believers take the rejection of their faith personally....?

So now we have a god who created people who are worthless if they don't believe in his saving grace and died so that these same people are redeemed through his saving grace..does that mean god died for himself since there is nothing about the believer that is worth anything?
: At 4/29/2014 3:14:36 AM, annanicole wrote:

:
: I'll be happy to concede the raping of virgin girls, if you can find it somewhere.