Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Show me a God..........

Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2014 1:01:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Show me a God.......who can talk for him......errr.......her..........err "it's" ? self.

There is no shortage of human beings making claims on Gods behalf. What it hates, what it likes, what it did, what it did not, what kinds of tortures it will inflict, etc etc

Till then................who is up for a human sacrifice ? cmon, we did it all the time in the 60's !!!
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 7:44:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/8/2014 1:01:16 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Show me a God.......who can talk for him......errr.......her..........err "it's" ? self.

There is no shortage of human beings making claims on Gods behalf. What it hates, what it likes, what it did, what it did not, what kinds of tortures it will inflict, etc etc

Till then................who is up for a human sacrifice ? cmon, we did it all the time in the 60's !!!

If He does, there would be no purpose for our existence here any longer. if it's all a test, then keep it like this, and stop fantasying. You don't need a photograph to know Him, you need reason and revelation.
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 7:57:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Small remark: when you say "a" god , the "G" in god should be lower case, as it refers to "any" god. God (with upper case) usually refers to the Abrahamic God, the creator of the universe.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 8:32:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/9/2014 7:44:42 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 4/8/2014 1:01:16 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Show me a God.......who can talk for him......errr.......her..........err "it's" ? self.

There is no shortage of human beings making claims on Gods behalf. What it hates, what it likes, what it did, what it did not, what kinds of tortures it will inflict, etc etc

Till then................who is up for a human sacrifice ? cmon, we did it all the time in the 60's !!!

If He does, there would be no purpose for our existence here any longer. if it's all a test, then keep it like this, and stop fantasying. You don't need a photograph to know Him, you need reason and revelation.

Excuse after excuse after excuse........
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 10:06:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/9/2014 8:32:49 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 4/9/2014 7:44:42 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 4/8/2014 1:01:16 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Show me a God.......who can talk for him......errr.......her..........err "it's" ? self.

There is no shortage of human beings making claims on Gods behalf. What it hates, what it likes, what it did, what it did not, what kinds of tortures it will inflict, etc etc

Till then................who is up for a human sacrifice ? cmon, we did it all the time in the 60's !!!

If He does, there would be no purpose for our existence here any longer. if it's all a test, then keep it like this, and stop fantasying. You don't need a photograph to know Him, you need reason and revelation.

Excuse after excuse after excuse........

Well I wish to see you ask governments same questions about man made laws made by people who are already dead!! you accept those without seeing them although they are men like you and have no authority over you. yet you refuse God laws who make a sense with the purpose for which he created you, because you didn't see him directly. there is something wrong with your reasoning.

Also how does it follow that if you don't meet anyone in person that you then shouldn't follow them, this isn't a valid excuse at any time, you're always dealing with messengers.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 10:30:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Well, there are idealistic views in which all of our subconsciouses are unified into an entity that is conscious with respect to its own reference frame (God). So, when your subconscious tells you things, or the voice inside your head tells you things, that would actually be God under that view.

The point is that you could be communicating with God and you don't even know it. You just have to open your mind a little bit man :)
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 10:33:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/9/2014 10:06:11 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 4/9/2014 8:32:49 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 4/9/2014 7:44:42 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 4/8/2014 1:01:16 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Show me a God.......who can talk for him......errr.......her..........err "it's" ? self.

There is no shortage of human beings making claims on Gods behalf. What it hates, what it likes, what it did, what it did not, what kinds of tortures it will inflict, etc etc

Till then................who is up for a human sacrifice ? cmon, we did it all the time in the 60's !!!

If He does, there would be no purpose for our existence here any longer. if it's all a test, then keep it like this, and stop fantasying. You don't need a photograph to know Him, you need reason and revelation.

Excuse after excuse after excuse........

Well I wish to see you ask governments same questions about man made laws made by people who are already dead!! you accept those without seeing them although they are men like you and have no authority over you.

No. I don't accept law just because it is stated as law. There is alot of "law" that I don't accept cause I see it as the haves gaming the system vs the have nots.

yet you refuse God laws who make a sense with the purpose for which he created you, because you didn't see him directly. there is something wrong with your reasoning.

No, I refuse accepting something as Gods law just because some one states something is Gods law.

Hey I went into a cave, and God sent an angel and told me what to write. Now the entire human history has to obey any command found within it, and let's not forget it's like the best book on any subject it touches cause it's from God.

Hey would I lie to you ?


Also how does it follow that if you don't meet anyone in person that you then shouldn't follow them, this isn't a valid excuse at any time, you're always dealing with messengers.

How does it follow that we should just accept something as Gods law cause a human being asserted that that something is Gods law. This isn't a valid excuse for having that religious belief.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 10:35:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/9/2014 10:30:16 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Well, there are idealistic views in which all of our subconsciouses are unified into an entity that is conscious with respect to its own reference frame (God). So, when your subconscious tells you things, or the voice inside your head tells you things, that would actually be God under that view.

The point is that you could be communicating with God and you don't even know it. You just have to open your mind a little bit man :)

God says you have latent homosexual tendencies.........
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
SemperVI
Posts: 294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 10:40:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/9/2014 10:30:16 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Well, there are idealistic views in which all of our subconsciouses are unified into an entity that is conscious with respect to its own reference frame (God). So, when your subconscious tells you things, or the voice inside your head tells you things, that would actually be God under that view.

The point is that you could be communicating with God and you don't even know it. You just have to open your mind a little bit man :)

Nice RT! Well said. I once met a man who says he kept his "God" in a mayonnaise jar and would pop the lid any time he felt compelled to pray, mediate or simply think things through - whatever he wanted to call it. To each his own I say. Does not threaten me or my ideals in the least.
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 7:33:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/9/2014 10:33:44 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 4/9/2014 10:06:11 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 4/9/2014 8:32:49 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 4/9/2014 7:44:42 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 4/8/2014 1:01:16 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Show me a God.......who can talk for him......errr.......her..........err "it's" ? self.

There is no shortage of human beings making claims on Gods behalf. What it hates, what it likes, what it did, what it did not, what kinds of tortures it will inflict, etc etc

Till then................who is up for a human sacrifice ? cmon, we did it all the time in the 60's !!!

If He does, there would be no purpose for our existence here any longer. if it's all a test, then keep it like this, and stop fantasying. You don't need a photograph to know Him, you need reason and revelation.

Excuse after excuse after excuse........

Well I wish to see you ask governments same questions about man made laws made by people who are already dead!! you accept those without seeing them although they are men like you and have no authority over you.

No. I don't accept law just because it is stated as law. There is alot of "law" that I don't accept cause I see it as the haves gaming the system vs the have nots.

yet you refuse God laws who make a sense with the purpose for which he created you, because you didn't see him directly. there is something wrong with your reasoning.

No, I refuse accepting something as Gods law just because some one states something is Gods law.

Hey I went into a cave, and God sent an angel and told me what to write. Now the entire human history has to obey any command found within it, and let's not forget it's like the best book on any subject it touches cause it's from God.

Hey would I lie to you ?

Prophets are not you or I, they are honest people who have always been known and tested for their honesty, who receive revelation around 30 or 40 years old, and the first people who believe them are their own close people! you are right though by not believing any claim about God made by anyone, it is wise indeed.


Also how does it follow that if you don't meet anyone in person that you then shouldn't follow them, this isn't a valid excuse at any time, you're always dealing with messengers.

How does it follow that we should just accept something as Gods law cause a human being asserted that that something is Gods law. This isn't a valid excuse for having that religious belief.

Ok, I agree with you that you can't accept anything coming from anyone, but if you have proof that the messenger is coming from God and is not lying, and actually never lied then you have to submit.
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 7:35:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/9/2014 10:30:16 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Well, there are idealistic views in which all of our subconsciouses are unified into an entity that is conscious with respect to its own reference frame (God). So, when your subconscious tells you things, or the voice inside your head tells you things, that would actually be God under that view.

The point is that you could be communicating with God and you don't even know it. You just have to open your mind a little bit man :)

Are you alright ?!