Jump to topic:

What do you know about Islam ??

Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 7:50:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I just want to know what you truly know about the religion of Islam, you can make it brief or long as you wish, and I will avoid correcting misconceptions unless you ask for it, or unless I think the misconception is huge.
Sswdwm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 7:59:42 PM
At 4/9/2014 7:50:10 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
I just want to know what you truly know about the religion of Islam, you can make it brief or long as you wish, and I will avoid correcting misconceptions unless you ask for it, or unless I think the misconception is huge.

Ooh, I'll take up the offer.

Correct what I get wrong if you don't mind?

1. Conceived in ~500AD
2. Is the same god as the one depicted in the Judeo-Christian religions
3. The core belief is submission to the will of Allah
4. Jesus is regarded as a prophet, instead of a messiah
5. Prophet Mohammad is the last prophet

As for the missions...

1. Forwarded as a religion of peace
2. Intends to make the world one under Islam

And my own questions:
What is the justification in your teachings for your dietery and times of prayer requirements?
And what is the justification in your teachings for dress code and marriage rights?
Is there a prophecy akin to what is said in Revelation in Christianity? Such as the end of life and judgement (rapture)?
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:

God most likely exists:
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 10:43:18 PM
At 4/9/2014 7:59:42 PM, Sswdwm wrote:

Ooh, I'll take up the offer.

Correct what I get wrong if you don't mind?

1. Conceived in ~500AD

Islam is an old concept, every prophet preached it since Adam -PBUH- but Mohammed received revelation arround 610 AD.

2. Is the same god as the one depicted in the Judeo-Christian religions

Yes.

3. The core belief is submission to the will of Allah.

Yes, and not associate any partners in worship with God. also follow the prophet to please God.

4. Jesus is regarded as a prophet, instead of a messiah

He is openly regarded as : Mighty prophet, Messiah, Word of God and Spirit from God. but he is not to be worshiped with God, and trinity is condemned in Quran (Islamic scripture).

5. Prophet Mohammad is the last prophet

Yes and is claimed to have been announced in Torah and the Gospel. (and by any previous prophet)

As for the missions...

1. Forwarded as a religion of peace.

Well Islam Is a religion it doesn't have a specific mission, it's a message from God, a call to submit to the creator, a Muslim mission is to follow the guidance of the prophet obey the commands. Peace is one of the beautiful names of God, believers greet one another by saying Esselem aleykom (peace unto you). I don't really know what religion of peace exactly means. people use it for political reasons but I don't know hwta they really mean.

2. Intends to make the world one under Islam

Well Islam is rather a religion so it's a way of life, the call is now open to all humanity regardless their ethnicity, gender, age, or previous sins , anyone can become a Muslim and join the believers. Some Muslim leaders had this will to spread Islam all over the world, although the prophet had foretold that there will be no home except that they would know about Islam. but this doesn't mean that all people will be Muslims at any point , or that the purpose of Islam is to make everyone a Muslim.

And my own questions:
What is the justification in your teachings for your dietery and times of prayer requirements?

The scripture is where we take our rulings from, and this includes Quran (literal word of God, and the Sunna (reported sayings and actions of the prophet) .

For exemple : eatig pork and animals blood is forbidden in Quran , but in Sunna there is an exception for the blood, so liver (also considered as a blood) is allowed if it comes from cattle that is properly killed.

And what is the justification in your teachings for dress code and marriage rights?
Is there a prophecy akin to what is said in Revelation in Christianity? Such as the end of life and judgement (rapture)?

Dress code and marital rights and obligations are mentioned both in Quran and Sunna, so there is the revelation(Quran) , and sunna (way of the prophet) shows how it was implemented by the prophet and even by the beleivers. and Quran commands us to follow the prophet.

If you want a specific example with specific verses and Sunna scriptures just let me know.

Thank you
SemperVI
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 10:56:25 PM

Will there be a test on this?
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 10:57:21 PM
At 4/9/2014 10:56:25 PM, SemperVI wrote:

If you wish so..
SemperVI
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 11:02:36 PM
At 4/9/2014 10:57:21 PM, Fruitytree wrote:

If you wish so..

I know that a Muslim dating website adverts on this site a lot. Does this count?

Just kidding - I have done my due diligence learning more about Islam. Don't have to many questions. The ones I had I was able to answer.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 3:39:59 AM
At 4/9/2014 11:02:36 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 4/9/2014 10:57:21 PM, Fruitytree wrote:

If you wish so..

I know that a Muslim dating website adverts on this site a lot. Does this count?

That's a good one :D

Just kidding - I have done my due diligence learning more about Islam. Don't have to many questions. The ones I had I was able to answer.

In this situation I may have to test you , you have 1 week to prepare :).
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 8:42:27 PM

Prophecies in Islam are more precise than in previous scriptures, there are 10 major signs before the hour shall come (and many minor signs some of which already passed), two of the major signs are the coming of anti-Christ with his delusions, then the coming back of Jesus as king of the believers (all the beleivers) .

The signs are described with more precisions , for example the appearance of antichrist, and that he is one eyed , and that he will claim to be a prophet , then will claim to be God, and his stay and some of his turmoils.

Judgement day is also described both in Quran and Sunna, so basically there is the land of judgement, (some people say it's earth itself) a lake of fire with a bridge to paradise, the bridge is crossed only by the winners. some people will be tormented forever (the disbeliever who arrogantly rejected God messengers and signs) and some people will just be purified from their sins ,and some people won't enter hell at all.

Hell is also called Jahannam in Arabic.

In paradise believers will have the privilege to see God and hear him and they shall dwell therein forever.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 1:23:20 AM
According to the Qu'ran ' 6:159, ALL Islamic Sects are a corruption, rejected by Mohammed & Allah!

ALL Moslems belong to one or the other of those corrupt Sects rejected by Mohammed & Allah!
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 2:12:40 AM
At 4/12/2014 1:23:20 AM, Composer wrote:
According to the Qu'ran ' 6:159, ALL Islamic Sects are a corruption, rejected by Mohammed & Allah!

ALL Moslems belong to one or the other of those corrupt Sects rejected by Mohammed & Allah!

Here is the verse, and the one after it of chapter 6 (the Cattle)

Verily those who have split their religion and become sects, thou art not amongst them in aught: their affair is only with Allah. Then He will declare unto them that which they were wont to do. (159)

Whosoever will come with a virtue for him shall be then like thereof, and whosoever will come with a vice shall not be requited save with the like thereof; and they shall not be wronged. (160)

The people who divide their religion , ok, but not all people did. those who still just follow the prophet at their best did not divide the religion, so why do you claim they all do ?
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 2:52:07 AM
ALL 4 Sects are condemned by the Qu'ran itself -

YUSUFALI: As for those who divide their religion and break up into sects, thou hast no part in them in the least: their affair is with Allah: He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did.
PICKTHAL: Lo! As for those who sunder their religion and become schismatics, no concern at all hast thou with them. Their case will go to Allah, Who then will tell them what they used to do.
SHAKIR: Surely they who divided their religion into parts and became sects, you have no concern with them; their affair is only with Allah, then He will inform them of what they did.

Which Sect are you?
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 2:54:27 AM
At 4/11/2014 8:42:27 PM, Fruitytree wrote:

Prophecies in Islam are more precise than in previous scriptures, there are 10 major signs before the hour shall come (and many minor signs some of which already passed), two of the major signs are the coming of anti-Christ with his delusions, then the coming back of Jesus as king of the believers (all the beleivers) .

The signs are described with more precisions , for example the appearance of antichrist, and that he is one eyed , and that he will claim to be a prophet , then will claim to be God, and his stay and some of his turmoils.

Judgement day is also described both in Quran and Sunna, so basically there is the land of judgement, (some people say it's earth itself) a lake of fire with a bridge to paradise, the bridge is crossed only by the winners. some people will be tormented forever (the disbeliever who arrogantly rejected God messengers and signs) and some people will just be purified from their sins ,and some people won't enter hell at all.

Hell is also called Jahannam in Arabic.

In paradise believers will have the privilege to see God and hear him and they shall dwell therein forever.
Same as ALL acclaimed holy-texts, the evidence ANY of them was given by a literal Supernatural being remains a constant zero!

Assertion is NOT evidence!
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 2:57:17 AM
At 4/12/2014 2:52:07 AM, Composer wrote:
ALL 4 Sects are condemned by the Qu'ran itself -

YUSUFALI: As for those who divide their religion and break up into sects, thou hast no part in them in the least: their affair is with Allah: He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did.
PICKTHAL: Lo! As for those who sunder their religion and become schismatics, no concern at all hast thou with them. Their case will go to Allah, Who then will tell them what they used to do.
SHAKIR: Surely they who divided their religion into parts and became sects, you have no concern with them; their affair is only with Allah, then He will inform them of what they did.

Which Sect are you?

Well I'm not is a sect like most Muslims, I'm sunni and this means follower of the prophet, (sunna = way of the prophet)