Total Posts:25|Showing Posts:1-25
Jump to topic:

Come to Christ!

Harlan
Posts: 1,880
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2010 5:23:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Was that supposed to be inside of a sewer or something? And what was with the music? What the hell. And that guy was annoying me with his ridicilous pronunciation of "Rrrrio de ShhanErrro."

But anyways, I have to say that that story sounds completely fake to me, or at least very embellished.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2010 5:30:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 2/1/2010 5:23:14 PM, Harlan wrote:
Was that supposed to be inside of a sewer or something? And what was with the music? What the hell. And that guy was annoying me with his ridicilous pronunciation of "Rrrrio de ShhanErrro."

But anyways, I have to say that that story sounds completely fake to me, or at least very embellished.


Beyond those things, I my self don't like the music to be too profound because it takes away the direct message, I want people to come to Christ not because they were taken or swept off their feet by the music, I want people to give up on their selves because what Christ did and who Christ is.

I am not sure about the story either...Look beyond that however, I wouldn't have thought Paul Washer would lie however to a venu of people.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2010 5:31:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Beyond those things, I my self don't like the music to be too profound because it takes away the direct message, I want people to come to Christ not because they were taken or swept off their feet by the music, I want people to give up on their selves because what Christ did and who Christ is.

I am not sure about the story either...Look beyond that however, I wouldn't have thought Paul Washer would lie however to a venu of people.
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2010 5:32:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
It's like those email spam letters. Oh wait it is.

Loving mother Maria and her beautiful teenaged daughter Christina.

Christina wanted to leave their poor Brazilian village and see the bright lights of Rio de Janeiro. Knowing that her mother would not give permission, Christina packed a few things and left home one morning before dawn. She left a note for her mother. Mother Maria was heartbroken. Quickly she packed a few things and prepared to go in search of her daughter. On her way to the bus station she stopped by a drugstore to get one last thing--lots of pictures. She sat in the photography booth, closed the curtain and spent all she could on pictures of herself. Stuffing these into her purse she boarded the next bus for Rio.

Maria knew Christina had no way of earning money. She also knew her daughter was too stubborn to give up. When pride meets hunger, a person will sometimes do things that were unthinkable before. Knowing this, Maria began her search...bars, hotels, nightclubs, any place with a reputation for street walkers and prostitutes. At each place she left her picture--taped on a bathroom mirror, tacked to a hotel bulletin board, fastened to a corner phone booth. And on the back of each photo she wrote a note.

It wasn't long before both the money and the pictures ran out. Maria had to go home. The weary mother wept as the bus began its long journey, knowing that her daughter was somewhere in that urban jungle. A few weeks later, young Christina descended some hotel stairs. Her young face was tired. Her brown eyes no longer danced with youth, but spoke of fear and pain. A thousand times she had longed to trade these countless beds for her secure pallet back in the village. But the village was so far away in so many ways. As she reached the bottom of the stairs, she noticed something familiar. She looked again, and there on the lobby bulletin board was a small picture of her mother. Christina's eyes burned and her throat tightened as she removed the small photo. Written on the back was this compelling invitation: "Whatever you have done, whatever you have become, it doesn't matter. Please come home." And she did.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2010 5:37:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 2/1/2010 5:32:23 PM, Puck wrote:
It's like those email spam letters. Oh wait it is.

Loving mother Maria and her beautiful teenaged daughter Christina.

Christina wanted to leave their poor Brazilian village and see the bright lights of Rio de Janeiro. Knowing that her mother would not give permission, Christina packed a few things and left home one morning before dawn. She left a note for her mother. Mother Maria was heartbroken. Quickly she packed a few things and prepared to go in search of her daughter. On her way to the bus station she stopped by a drugstore to get one last thing--lots of pictures. She sat in the photography booth, closed the curtain and spent all she could on pictures of herself. Stuffing these into her purse she boarded the next bus for Rio.

Maria knew Christina had no way of earning money. She also knew her daughter was too stubborn to give up. When pride meets hunger, a person will sometimes do things that were unthinkable before. Knowing this, Maria began her search...bars, hotels, nightclubs, any place with a reputation for street walkers and prostitutes. At each place she left her picture--taped on a bathroom mirror, tacked to a hotel bulletin board, fastened to a corner phone booth. And on the back of each photo she wrote a note.

It wasn't long before both the money and the pictures ran out. Maria had to go home. The weary mother wept as the bus began its long journey, knowing that her daughter was somewhere in that urban jungle. A few weeks later, young Christina descended some hotel stairs. Her young face was tired. Her brown eyes no longer danced with youth, but spoke of fear and pain. A thousand times she had longed to trade these countless beds for her secure pallet back in the village. But the village was so far away in so many ways. As she reached the bottom of the stairs, she noticed something familiar. She looked again, and there on the lobby bulletin board was a small picture of her mother. Christina's eyes burned and her throat tightened as she removed the small photo. Written on the back was this compelling invitation: "Whatever you have done, whatever you have become, it doesn't matter. Please come home." And she did.


What's your point?
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2010 5:55:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 2/1/2010 5:45:39 PM, Harlan wrote:
Who's Paul Washer?

A preacher, he spent 10 years in Peru doing mission work. God called him to go back to America. He is known for the shocking youth message. His voice was in that clip , 'Come to Christ'.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2010 6:47:53 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Christopher Hitchens already refuted this. It's not moral to throw all your responsibilities and immoral actions onto another person. You especially shouldn't require a man to be brutally crucified to vindicate your sins. Plus, the only basis for this vindication is the fact that God simply "says so." It's not actually a moral law.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2010 8:58:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/1/2010 8:42:17 PM, infam0us wrote:
boy, you christians sure do seem insecure. ;)

Plural != necessary. If you look again the only Christian that posted before you was GodSands.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2010 9:05:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I remember that guy, he was like one of my favorite preachers as a Christian.

Now he seems quite retarded.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2010 9:06:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/1/2010 9:05:36 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I remember that guy, he was like one of my favorite preachers as a Christian.

Now he seems quite retarded.

HAHAHAHA. LMAO!
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2010 5:48:37 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Great speech, but no one has explained to me how my sins are absolved or negated in the eyes of God by my acceptance of the crucifixtion. It seems like a poor method of social control for the illiterate.

Anyway, until someone can explain this to me I will never be a Christian.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2010 6:32:55 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 2/2/2010 5:48:37 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Great speech, but no one has explained to me how my sins are absolved or negated in the eyes of God by my acceptance of the crucifixtion. It seems like a poor method of social control for the illiterate.

Anyway, until someone can explain this to me I will never be a Christian.


You have to give up on your own self, when you become a Christ you belong to Christ. You owe nothing, everything that you owe is not really yours but it is used for Christ and His Glory.

I will keep on relpying to you on this topic and I will never give up on you until you give up on your self.
Floid
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2010 7:36:38 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
You have to give up on your own self, when you become a Christ you belong to Christ. You owe nothing, everything that you owe is not really yours but it is used for Christ and His Glory.

Randomly connect words together to form sentences much?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2010 7:51:50 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/2/2010 6:32:55 AM, GodSands wrote:
: At 2/2/2010 5:48:37 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Great speech, but no one has explained to me how my sins are absolved or negated in the eyes of God by my acceptance of the crucifixtion. It seems like a poor method of social control for the illiterate.

Anyway, until someone can explain this to me I will never be a Christian.


You have to give up on your own self, when you become a Christ you belong to Christ. You owe nothing, everything that you owe is not really yours but it is used for Christ and His Glory.

I will keep on relpying to you on this topic and I will never give up on you until you give up on your self.

I've never understood or felt affinity with th bhuddist idea of denying one's self so that would be another obstacle.

The simple fact is that there is no explaination for how Jesus and the Crucifixtion removes sin.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2010 11:15:12 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 2/2/2010 7:51:50 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/2/2010 6:32:55 AM, GodSands wrote:
: At 2/2/2010 5:48:37 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Great speech, but no one has explained to me how my sins are absolved or negated in the eyes of God by my acceptance of the crucifixtion. It seems like a poor method of social control for the illiterate.

Anyway, until someone can explain this to me I will never be a Christian.


You have to give up on your own self, when you become a Christ you belong to Christ. You owe nothing, everything that you owe is not really yours but it is used for Christ and His Glory.

I will keep on relpying to you on this topic and I will never give up on you until you give up on your self.

I've never understood or felt affinity with th bhuddist idea of denying one's self so that would be another obstacle.

The simple fact is that there is no explaination for how Jesus and the Crucifixtion removes sin.


Jesus takes away our sins because He lived a perfect and died on the cross, that was His passion. Jesus then dies on the cross giving up all His perfect life to those who accept Him, Jesus gave up on God even when Jesus could have jumped down off the cross, but He didn't.

When Jesus was nailed to the cross and died on the cross His spirit, the Holy Spirit was given to God to give to those men who accept Christ because God was saticfied and God was pleased. I have received the Holy Spirit and I can tell you from there on the very centre of my life, the very root of my understanding and being was severely changed, do you not understand, those in Christ are new creatures.

Jesus offered up His spirit before He died, Jesus was not only man but He was God, and we needed a savior to be both God and man. If it was God alone God would be just and damn us all to hell, if it was man alone, Jesus would be worthless.

When Jesus rose from the dead, this demostrates that not only He is Lord but that who accepts me (Christ) will be made pure and will be made blameless in the eyes of my Father on the day of judgement.

Where do you not understand?
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2010 11:33:44 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/2/2010 7:51:50 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
I've never understood or felt affinity with th bhuddist idea of denying one's self so that would be another obstacle.

That's a different concept than what GodSands is talking about.

And GodSands, you didn't address my previous post where I dismantled the whole idea of Jesus dying for our sins.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2010 11:56:45 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 2/1/2010 6:47:53 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Christopher Hitchens already refuted this. It's not moral to throw all your responsibilities and immoral actions onto another person. You especially shouldn't require a man to be brutally crucified to vindicate your sins. Plus, the only basis for this vindication is the fact that God simply "says so." It's not actually a moral law.

What Jesus has done is done, you give your self up not for your self because you wouldn't really have given your self up, but you give up for Christ. Christopher Hitchens says that it is immoral to accept Christ, but Christ is not just another person, Christ is God and God has given His son for Him self so that, out of His love and grace for us, He would not have to allow heel to justify us. Instead Christ does.

God required Jesus Christ to be brutally crucified, and He did because of His love and grace of mankind, but I belong to God either way if that is being a sinner or a believer I belong to God.
infam0us
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2010 4:56:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/1/2010 8:58:04 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 2/1/2010 8:42:17 PM, infam0us wrote:
boy, you christians sure do seem insecure. ;)

Plural != necessary. If you look again the only Christian that posted before you was GodSands.

i'm just saying, christians are *generally* defensive about their faith. i was being a bit sarcastic as well.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2010 4:58:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/1/2010 5:15:38 PM, GodSands wrote:
I feel the same way as Paul.

Yeah, i know that fool.

Paul the crack head down by the corner. Yeah he is cool.
But i don't feel like him, high.
I wish.
Your lucky.