Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Hide not the light

FLMinistries
Posts: 133
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 12:00:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Christians have received an abundance of mercy, grace, and knowledge with salvation. Yet so many are selfish and hold that mercy, grace, and knowledge of salvation to themselves. It appears they think their salvation which is a gift of substance given by the Lord must be held dear to themselves and not to share with others but they are sorely mistaken. As we read this example unto the servants of the master in Matthew.

Matthew 25:14-30 (KJV)
"For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods. And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey. Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents. And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two. But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money. After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them. And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more. His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them. His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed: And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine. His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed: Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury. Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents. For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

It is true that a born-again Christian saved by the blood of Christ cannot lose their salvation and theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Yet they still must answer unto Christ why they took His talent given unto them and hid it in the ground not to profit anything. Many today are this way. Some are those who profess salvation yet they remain unsaved. Some are the saved yet seek to be as the slothful servant. Our salvation is not to be slothful but instead to produce fruits. Our salvation is not to be quite but to rejoice for what Christ has done. Our salvation is a gift of substance given by Christ and should produce more substance, more souls to salvation. It is not to be hid from the world but instead to shine in the world. Christ has given us the light of life, knowledge of light, we are a candle of the kingdom to shine in the darkness of this world, yet many Christians today keep their light to themselves and are ok with it. I assure you Christ is not ok with it and instead of doing His Will, you are selfishly doing your own. Let us instead shine our light before men so they can see our light and come out of darkness. This light is not given unto us to hide it but instead let it shine from a high mountain for all to see. Let us shine our light and gain much more abundance of substance than what was initially given unto us. This is the Will of Christ.
bulproof
Posts: 25,221
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 12:04:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/10/2014 12:00:19 PM, FLMinistries wrote:
Christians have received an abundance of mercy, grace, and knowledge with salvation. Yet so many are selfish and hold that mercy, grace, and knowledge of salvation to themselves. It appears they think their salvation which is a gift of substance given by the Lord must be held dear to themselves and not to share with others but they are sorely mistaken. As we read this example unto the servants of the master in Matthew.

Matthew 25:14-30 (KJV)
"For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods. And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey. Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents. And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two. But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money. After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them. And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more. His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them. His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed: And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine. His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed: Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury. Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents. For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

It is true that a born-again Christian saved by the blood of Christ cannot lose their salvation and theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Yet they still must answer unto Christ why they took His talent given unto them and hid it in the ground not to profit anything. Many today are this way. Some are those who profess salvation yet they remain unsaved. Some are the saved yet seek to be as the slothful servant. Our salvation is not to be slothful but instead to produce fruits. Our salvation is not to be quite but to rejoice for what Christ has done. Our salvation is a gift of substance given by Christ and should produce more substance, more souls to salvation. It is not to be hid from the world but instead to shine in the world. Christ has given us the light of life, knowledge of light, we are a candle of the kingdom to shine in the darkness of this world, yet many Christians today keep their light to themselves and are ok with it. I assure you Christ is not ok with it and instead of doing His Will, you are selfishly doing your own. Let us instead shine our light before men so they can see our light and come out of darkness. This light is not given unto us to hide it but instead let it shine from a high mountain for all to see. Let us shine our light and gain much more abundance of substance than what was initially given unto us. This is the Will of Christ.

Ya know, most godbotherers have it shoved up their arse.

Where it should be.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
perplexed
Posts: 863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 5:48:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/10/2014 12:00:19 PM, FLMinistries wrote:
Christians have received an abundance of mercy, grace, and knowledge with salvation. Yet so many are selfish and hold that mercy, grace, and knowledge of salvation to themselves. It appears they think their salvation which is a gift of substance given by the Lord must be held dear to themselves and not to share with others but they are sorely mistaken. As we read this example unto the servants of the master in Matthew.

Matthew 25:14-30 (KJV)
"For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods. And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey. Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents. And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two. But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money. After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them. And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more. His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them. His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed: And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine. His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed: Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury. Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents. For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

It is true that a born-again Christian saved by the blood of Christ cannot lose their salvation and theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Yet they still must answer unto Christ why they took His talent given unto them and hid it in the ground not to profit anything. Many today are this way. Some are those who profess salvation yet they remain unsaved. Some are the saved yet seek to be as the slothful servant. Our salvation is not to be slothful but instead to produce fruits. Our salvation is not to be quite but to rejoice for what Christ has done. Our salvation is a gift of substance given by Christ and should produce more substance, more souls to salvation. It is not to be hid from the world but instead to shine in the world. Christ has given us the light of life, knowledge of light, we are a candle of the kingdom to shine in the darkness of this world, yet many Christians today keep their light to themselves and are ok with it. I assure you Christ is not ok with it and instead of doing His Will, you are selfishly doing your own. Let us instead shine our light before men so they can see our light and come out of darkness. This light is not given unto us to hide it but instead let it shine from a high mountain for all to see. Let us shine our light and gain much more abundance of substance than what was initially given unto us. This is the Will of Christ.

the christian god sure seems like an insecure god. But to be fair, any god that requires belief in it is insecure.
: At 4/29/2014 3:14:36 AM, annanicole wrote:

:
: I'll be happy to concede the raping of virgin girls, if you can find it somewhere.
FLMinistries
Posts: 133
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 6:22:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/10/2014 5:48:31 PM, perplexed wrote:
At 4/10/2014 12:00:19 PM, FLMinistries wrote:

the christian god sure seems like an insecure god. But to be fair, any god that requires belief in it is insecure.

Where has the Christian God showed fear? He hasn't. What has He to fear? Nothing. When is He ever in doubt? Hasn't been. When has He not been sure of Himself? Never. Therefore, either you do not know what insecurity is or you are mistaken.
perplexed
Posts: 863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 7:14:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/10/2014 6:22:37 PM, FLMinistries wrote:
At 4/10/2014 5:48:31 PM, perplexed wrote:
At 4/10/2014 12:00:19 PM, FLMinistries wrote:

the christian god sure seems like an insecure god. But to be fair, any god that requires belief in it is insecure.

Where has the Christian God showed fear? He hasn't.
yes the human invention of god sure does here: Matthew 25:14-30

What has He to fear?
unbelief, seems to get him rattled

When is He ever in doubt?
he sure seems to doubt his value as he places it in the belief he exists...odd for an all encompassing supreme being if you ask me

When has He not been sure of Himself? Never. Therefore, either you do not know what insecurity is or you are mistaken.
it sure seems you know an awful lot about the unknowable....are you god?
: At 4/29/2014 3:14:36 AM, annanicole wrote:

:
: I'll be happy to concede the raping of virgin girls, if you can find it somewhere.
FLMinistries
Posts: 133
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 7:45:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/10/2014 7:14:49 PM, perplexed wrote:

yes the human invention of god sure does here: Matthew 25:14-30

Prove God is just a human invention. Also show Matthew show any sign of fear from God. Matthew 25 is parable and it states it is furthermore.

What has He to fear?
unbelief, seems to get him rattled

Rattled? Show fear.

When is He ever in doubt?
he sure seems to doubt his value as he places it in the belief he exists...odd for an all encompassing supreme being if you ask me

What silliness. He doubts? I have not seen it yet, show it.

When has He not been sure of Himself? Never. Therefore, either you do not know what insecurity is or you are mistaken.
it sure seems you know an awful lot about the unknowable....are you god?

No, I sure do know scripture and it is apparent you do not.
perplexed
Posts: 863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 7:58:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/10/2014 7:45:12 PM, FLMinistries wrote:
At 4/10/2014 7:14:49 PM, perplexed wrote:

yes the human invention of god sure does here: Matthew 25:14-30

Prove God is just a human invention. Also show Matthew show any sign of fear from God. Matthew 25 is parable and it states it is furthermore.
there is no criteria that establishes what god is...pssst wishful thinking isn't a criteria, just look at any american idol contestant.

What has He to fear?
unbelief, seems to get him rattled

Rattled? Show fear.
the ultimatums this invention of god used as a reason to control the masses...
you are referred to as sheep aren't you?

When is He ever in doubt?
he sure seems to doubt his value as he places it in the belief he exists...odd for an all encompassing supreme being if you ask me

What silliness. He doubts? I have not seen it yet, show it.
i did... this invention places value of itself in the belief this invention exists.
still no empirical evidence presented.

When has He not been sure of Himself? Never. Therefore, either you do not know what insecurity is or you are mistaken.
it sure seems you know an awful lot about the unknowable....are you god?

No, I sure do know scripture and it is apparent you do not.
scripture hasn't proven itself to be relevant so really you know a lot about nothing meaningful
: At 4/29/2014 3:14:36 AM, annanicole wrote:

:
: I'll be happy to concede the raping of virgin girls, if you can find it somewhere.
FLMinistries
Posts: 133
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 8:16:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/10/2014 7:58:09 PM, perplexed wrote:

Prove God is just a human invention. Also show Matthew show any sign of fear from God. Matthew 25 is parable and it states it is furthermore.
there is no criteria that establishes what god is...pssst wishful thinking isn't a criteria, just look at any american idol contestant.

Well right back at ya.....it is wishful thinking to HOPE God does not exist.

What has He to fear?
unbelief, seems to get him rattled

Rattled? Show fear.
the ultimatums this invention of god used as a reason to control the masses...

You do not believe and yet He is controlling you. Har Har.

you are referred to as sheep aren't you?

And you are referred to as a goat. And....

When is He ever in doubt?
he sure seems to doubt his value as he places it in the belief he exists...odd for an all encompassing supreme being if you ask me

What silliness. He doubts? I have not seen it yet, show it.
i did... this invention places value of itself in the belief this invention exists.
still no empirical evidence presented.

Who said I need and have empirical evidence. I need none. I have my own. When you get down to anything it is what you know and experience. If you stood with 100 people and a pink transfer truck came thru and everyone but you was not looking are we you going to reject the idea you saw the pink transfer truck? NO. You know you saw it and if they did not, it is because they were not looking and that their own fault. Hence when you really look for God, you will find Him.

When has He not been sure of Himself? Never. Therefore, either you do not know what insecurity is or you are mistaken.
it sure seems you know an awful lot about the unknowable....are you god?

No, I sure do know scripture and it is apparent you do not.
scripture hasn't proven itself to be relevant so really you know a lot about nothing meaningful

Useless garb. Scripture has never been shown not useful. Most civilizations are founded upon it or would you prefer the Qur'an? Or would you prefer to exit may of the foundational laws today?
perplexed
Posts: 863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 8:48:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/10/2014 8:16:23 PM, FLMinistries wrote:
At 4/10/2014 7:58:09 PM, perplexed wrote:

Prove God is just a human invention. Also show Matthew show any sign of fear from God. Matthew 25 is parable and it states it is furthermore.
there is no criteria that establishes what god is...pssst wishful thinking isn't a criteria, just look at any american idol contestant.

Well right back at ya.....it is wishful thinking to HOPE God does not exist.
of course i want a loving god to exist, one that would comfort me, but just because i want that to be real doesn't make it so, right?

What has He to fear?
unbelief, seems to get him rattled

Rattled? Show fear.
the ultimatums this invention of god used as a reason to control the masses...

You do not believe and yet He is controlling you. Har Har.
no silly the christians are. are you capable of understanding that...???
take responsibility for what you stand for, cause so far you look like a coward.
take those fingers our of your proverbial ears...you cannot separate your bias from god's

you are referred to as sheep aren't you?

And you are referred to as a goat. And....
yes because i don't believe as you...is't a really convenient belief system you hold...
you believe that your belief saves you...now that is rather ridiculous if you ask me

When is He ever in doubt?
he sure seems to doubt his value as he places it in the belief he exists...odd for an all encompassing supreme being if you ask me

What silliness. He doubts? I have not seen it yet, show it.
i did... this invention places value of itself in the belief this invention exists.
still no empirical evidence presented.

Who said I need and have empirical evidence.
ahem....i did

I need none.
your appeal to gullibility is noted

I have my own.
yes i see that ... gullibility....you take everything based on face value, right?
careful your hypocrisy is showing

When you get down to anything it is what you know and experience. If you stood with 100 people and a pink transfer truck came thru and everyone but you was not looking are we you going to reject the idea you saw the pink transfer truck? NO. You know you saw it and if they did not, it is because they were not looking and that their own fault. Hence when you really look for God, you will find Him.

When has He not been sure of Himself? Never. Therefore, either you do not know what insecurity is or you are mistaken.
it sure seems you know an awful lot about the unknowable....are you god?

No, I sure do know scripture and it is apparent you do not.
scripture hasn't proven itself to be relevant so really you know a lot about nothing meaningful

Useless garb. Scripture has never been shown not useful. Most civilizations are founded upon it or would you prefer the Qur'an? Or would you prefer to exit may of the foundational laws today?

more insecure rhetoric....interesting considering who you claim to know on a personal basis...

scary...
: At 4/29/2014 3:14:36 AM, annanicole wrote:

:
: I'll be happy to concede the raping of virgin girls, if you can find it somewhere.
FLMinistries
Posts: 133
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 1:21:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/10/2014 8:48:44 PM, perplexed wrote:

of course i want a loving god to exist, one that would comfort me, but just because i want that to be real doesn't make it so, right?

No, you want a God whom will submit to your every whim instead of you having to submit to His. He is GOD after all and you not so much.

no silly the christians are. are you capable of understanding that...???

No, explain how Christians are controlling you?

take responsibility for what you stand for, cause so far you look like a coward.
take those fingers our of your proverbial ears...you cannot separate your bias from god's

I do take responsibility for what I believe but as of yet you have not hit what I believe and what the gospel teaches. Hence your view of actual Christianity is false.

And you are referred to as a goat. And....
yes because i don't believe as you...is't a really convenient belief system you hold...
you believe that your belief saves you...now that is rather ridiculous if you ask me

My belief does not save me, Jesus Christ does, I believe in Him. My belief system is convenient is it? How?

What silliness. He doubts? I have not seen it yet, show it.
i did... this invention places value of itself in the belief this invention exists.

Can you show that God is an invention?
Can you show that billions upon billions from past till today are just delusional and some how you are not? What makes you special compared to all others before you.

still no empirical evidence presented.

Who said I need and have empirical evidence.
ahem....i did

Who cares YOU did. It is not my place to show you God exist. That rest on you and God alone. You are not humble enough to find God. You are self-willed and rebellious.

I need none.
your appeal to gullibility is noted

I have my own.
yes i see that ... gullibility....you take everything based on face value, right?
careful your hypocrisy is showing

My hypocrisy? You are barely worth responding to. Gullibility? You fall to what men tell and listen to professed professionals yet I am gullible, what a laugh.

When you get down to anything it is what you know and experience. If you stood with 100 people and a pink transfer truck came thru and everyone but you was not looking are we you going to reject the idea you saw the pink transfer truck? NO. You know you saw it and if they did not, it is because they were not looking and that their own fault. Hence when you really look for God, you will find Him.

No, I sure do know scripture and it is apparent you do not.
scripture hasn't proven itself to be relevant so really you know a lot about nothing meaningful

Useless garb. Scripture has never been shown not useful. Most civilizations are founded upon it or would you prefer the Qur'an? Or would you prefer to exit may of the foundational laws today?

more insecure rhetoric....interesting considering who you claim to know on a personal basis...

Oh...I do not Jesus Christ personally. It scares you that you do not. You do not because you have no tries, offered too. You are without humility. You talk about insecurity yet it is you who is in raged by people who do not believe in you do, that is pure insecurity. Because people believe differently they are your enemy. You pronounce hatred and enemies upon people for their freedom to believe differently. If that is not insecurity than nothing is. You then go further by lying and throwing out people control whom have never controlled you. Your entire wordly outlook is quite warped.
scary...
Indeed you are scary.