Jump to topic:

Arguing....

FLMinistries
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 7:47:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
If we have time to argue with fellow saints, brothers and sisters on this point and that point, or to point out every little flaw about them, then we have entirely too much time on our hands. We are obviously not Evangelizing the world like we should if we are arguing with those who know Christ. We need to spend our time either rejoicing and praising Christ or leading the lost to Christ. The world is dying and headed to hell quick so we have no time to fuss about it, they need Jesus preached or taught to them. Get over yourself and serve the lost. The Almighty God left His mighty throne to come and be a servant for man, we can and should do likewise.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 8:01:35 PM
That sounded distinctly like an argument you were making, and it also sounded distinctly like you were addressing it to your fellow saints. Yet your argument is that fellow saints shouldn't argue with each other. If you don't think you should argue with your fellow saints, then why are you arguing with your fellow saints?
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
FLMinistries
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 8:18:50 PM
At 4/10/2014 8:01:35 PM, philochristos wrote:
That sounded distinctly like an argument you were making, and it also sounded distinctly like you were addressing it to your fellow saints. Yet your argument is that fellow saints shouldn't argue with each other. If you don't think you should argue with your fellow saints, then why are you arguing with your fellow saints?

Actually it is a statement(a point to the purpose of saints by scripture) and not an argument. The argument is against scripture not me.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 8:24:53 PM
At 4/10/2014 8:18:50 PM, FLMinistries wrote:

Actually it is a statement(a point to the purpose of saints by scripture) and not an argument. The argument is against scripture not me.

You didn't just make a statement. You gave a reason for it. You think saints should not argue with each other, and the reason is because it takes away time from evangelizing. That sure sounds like an argument to me.

Moreover, you appear to be arguing with me now about whether or not you were arguing before.

Your whole post strikes me as being passive-aggressive.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
FLMinistries
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 8:27:27 PM
At 4/10/2014 8:24:53 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 4/10/2014 8:18:50 PM, FLMinistries wrote:

You didn't just make a statement. You gave a reason for it. You think saints should not argue with each other, and the reason is because it takes away time from evangelizing. That sure sounds like an argument to me.

Moreover, you appear to be arguing with me now about whether or not you were arguing before.

Your whole post strikes me as being passive-aggressive.

Nah I just felt compelled by the Spirit to remind fellow saints the need for praising Jesus and telling the lost their need for Him. But thanks for the input.
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 8:29:52 PM
At 4/10/2014 7:47:30 PM, FLMinistries wrote:
If we have time to argue with fellow saints, brothers and sisters on this point and that point, or to point out every little flaw about them, then we have entirely too much time on our hands. We are obviously not Evangelizing the world like we should if we are arguing with those who know Christ. We need to spend our time either rejoicing and praising Christ or leading the lost to Christ. The world is dying and headed to hell quick so we have no time to fuss about it, they need Jesus preached or taught to them. Get over yourself and serve the lost. The Almighty God left His mighty throne to come and be a servant for man, we can and should do likewise.

I most definitely agree there should be a lot less arguing here, but I don't really think it's wasted time. Sometimes forums are the best way to communicate because it forces all the participants (if they are honest and reasonable) to listen to an entire point of discussion before responding to it, and also gives them time to "put their minds in gear before they put their mouths in motion," so to speak.
Cooldudebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 8:33:31 PM

I would love to debate you. The bible is mainly false
FLMinistries
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 8:40:57 PM
At 4/10/2014 8:29:52 PM, Idealist wrote:

I most definitely agree there should be a lot less arguing here, but I don't really think it's wasted time. Sometimes forums are the best way to communicate because it forces all the participants (if they are honest and reasonable) to listen to an entire point of discussion before responding to it, and also gives them time to "put their minds in gear before they put their mouths in motion," so to speak.

Excellent point.
FLMinistries
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 8:42:02 PM
At 4/10/2014 8:33:31 PM, Cooldudebro wrote:

Yet you are Catholic. Actually makes perfect sense.
Cooldudebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 8:55:24 PM
At 4/10/2014 8:42:02 PM, FLMinistries wrote:

I'm non-denominational now
Cooldudebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 9:20:07 PM
At 4/10/2014 8:42:02 PM, FLMinistries wrote:

Like adam and eve is 100% incorrect
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 9:28:39 PM

"God has given a five-fold vision to Pastors Randy and Cherie Gilbert for Faith Landmarks Ministries."

Oh, can I check with God about that ? or are we all suppose to take your word for it.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12