Jump to topic:

What was the DNA of Jesus of Nazareth?

ironsmile360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 12:00:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The Bible says that Jesus was born as a regular man (Heb. 4:15 & Philippians 2:6-7), but without sin. If this is the case, and every human has a set amount of genes (46)... 23 from mom & 23 from DAD, then where did Jesus get his 2nd set of genes from? God did not have sex with the virgin Mary, because that is a function of a lower life form- this would also place Him in the Greek pantheon of gods. If Jesus was a regular human like the Scriptures suggest, then what was His genetic code?
Ironsmile360
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 12:04:04 PM
At 4/11/2014 12:00:14 PM, ironsmile360 wrote:
The Bible says that Jesus was born as a regular man (Heb. 4:15 & Philippians 2:6-7), but without sin. If this is the case, and every human has a set amount of genes (46)... 23 from mom & 23 from DAD, then where did Jesus get his 2nd set of genes from? God did not have sex with the virgin Mary, because that is a function of a lower life form- this would also place Him in the Greek pantheon of gods. If Jesus was a regular human like the Scriptures suggest, then what was His genetic code?

Interesting question! You are really asking what God's genes were or actually still are. If there is something peculiar in God's genes as opposed to man's, then have geneticists found any evidence of that in people directly descended from Jesus or from Jesus's bloodline?
arielmessenger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 1:00:11 PM
According to the Talmud accounts, Yeishu ben Pantera, the historical Jesus Christ, was buried in a cabbage patch in Lydda after being cut down from the tree he hung upon as per Jewish law. Paul in Gal 3:13 refers to this. Yeishu and his five disciples were stoned to death and Yeishu hung for a day as per Jewish law penalty for blasphemers. Theoretically, it should still be possible to find Yeishu's body but nobody tries as Gentile scholars are afraid to mess with Jewish Talmud teachings and rabbis could care less about finding Yeishu which would only verify Jesus' existence.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 1:10:46 PM

Great question! I've wondered about this myself for years. How interesting it would be if we could have seen the DNA of Jesus.

There are things we do know though. Because of Adam's sin, we were all born with faulty DNA. The law God established "each after its own kind" was in effect. Jesus had to come as a man, a sinless man, with new perfect DNA, to save us. This is one of the reasons Jesus had to be born of a virgin. So that He wasn't tainted with Adams DNA. This was a miracle known by only a few and performed to impress no one. Jesus did not have the DNA of anyone on Earth.

Jesus was the first man born with the "new" DNA. When we give our lives to Him, He kills us (sharing in His death on the cross) and sets us on the path of recreation using His new DNA. This is why the phrase "born again" is used. And why Jesus is referred to as God's Only Begotten Son. All of us born again in Jesus, take after our Father. (each after its own kind) We have passed from death to life.

Incidentally, this is one of the reasons why we know Jesus MUST be God, and why it could ONLY be God who saved us. (Both things of which the Bible agrees) No other life could be perfect enough. There had to be a new man, with non-adamic DNA. Only Jesus could do it.

But it is a facinating question. Perhaps one day we will know. Though by then I doubt if it will matter much.
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 1:17:09 PM
At 4/11/2014 1:10:46 PM, ethang5 wrote:

Great question! I've wondered about this myself for years. How interesting it would be if we could have seen the DNA of Jesus.

There are things we do know though. Because of Adam's sin, we were all born with faulty DNA. The law God established "each after its own kind" was in effect. Jesus had to come as a man, a sinless man, with new perfect DNA, to save us. This is one of the reasons Jesus had to be born of a virgin. So that He wasn't tainted with Adams DNA. This was a miracle known by only a few and performed to impress no one. Jesus did not have the DNA of anyone on Earth.

Jesus was the first man born with the "new" DNA. When we give our lives to Him, He kills us (sharing in His death on the cross) and sets us on the path of recreation using His new DNA. This is why the phrase "born again" is used. And why Jesus is referred to as God's Only Begotten Son. All of us born again in Jesus, take after our Father. (each after its own kind) We have passed from death to life.

Incidentally, this is one of the reasons why we know Jesus MUST be God, and why it could ONLY be God who saved us. (Both things of which the Bible agrees) No other life could be perfect enough. There had to be a new man, with non-adamic DNA. Only Jesus could do it.

But it is a facinating question. Perhaps one day we will know. Though by then I doubt if it will matter much.

We already know all the answers on God's DNA. Christians such as brother neutral know that too and that leaves them with another huge quandary to answer to. Jesus was a mortal according to neutral and so that makes it impossible to be born of a god. He needs to believe that Jesus was born of a mother and a father. Their DNA will already be known. Or more correctly, not worth the trouble and expense to investigate thoroughly.
ironsmile360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 1:26:05 PM

ethang5, this is one of the best answers I've ever heard to my question, and I've asked it to many preachers over the years, with blank stares as a response.

thank you!
Ironsmile360
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 1:33:38 PM
At 4/11/2014 1:26:05 PM, ironsmile360 wrote:

ethang5, this is one of the best answers I've ever heard to my question, and I've asked it to many preachers over the years, with blank stares as a response.

thank you

The best answer to you is the one that you wanted right from the beginning!
ironsmile360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 1:42:05 PM
At 4/11/2014 1:17:09 PM, monty1 wrote:

We already know all the answers on God's DNA. Christians such as brother neutral know that too and that leaves them with another huge quandary to answer to. Jesus was a mortal according to neutral and so that makes it impossible to be born of a god. He needs to believe that Jesus was born of a mother and a father. Their DNA will already be known. Or more correctly, not worth the trouble and expense to investigate thoroughly.

"Neutral" DNA? Or was Mary simply Chimera, or a carrier of the second set needed to form the human, male frame for the Christ child?
And why use the word "Begotten"? (look up the definition). Does God "Beget"? The Greek god Zeus had to Beget Hercules, (add to this Odin: Thor, et al.) who had to endure his own trials, but the Hebrew God Yahweh does NOT. Of all other religions only Jehovah speaks & IT IS.
Ironsmile360
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 1:46:10 PM
At 4/11/2014 1:42:05 PM, ironsmile360 wrote:

"Neutral" DNA? Or was Mary simply Chimera, or a carrier of the second set needed to form the human, male frame for the Christ child?
And why use the word "Begotten"? (look up the definition). Does God "Beget"? The Greek god Zeus had to Beget Hercules, (add to this Odin: Thor, et al.) who had to endure his own trials, but the Hebrew God Yahweh does NOT. Of all other religions only Jehovah speaks & IT IS.

Brother neutral knows that Jesus was a mortal, born of a mother and father and therefore there is no mystery as to his DNA. It's traceable but most likely not worth the time and expense to do it. Therefore, there is no mystery as to God's DNA. It's Jesus's bloodline of course! Got that?
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 1:50:59 PM
At 4/11/2014 1:00:11 PM, arielmessenger wrote:
According to the Talmud accounts, Yeishu ben Pantera, the historical Jesus Christ, was buried in a cabbage patch in Lydda after being cut down from the tree he hung upon as per Jewish law. Paul in Gal 3:13 refers to this. Yeishu and his five disciples were stoned to death and Yeishu hung for a day as per Jewish law penalty for blasphemers. Theoretically, it should still be possible to find Yeishu's body but nobody tries as Gentile scholars are afraid to mess with Jewish Talmud teachings and rabbis could care less about finding Yeishu which would only verify Jesus' existence.

Finally somebody else knows about the real Jesus. Father was a Roman name Joseph Pantera and mother was Miriam Ben Stada or Mary for short. Pantera was hung during passover just like the story in the bible.
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 1:51:25 PM
Finally somebody else knows about the real Jesus. Father was a Roman name Joseph Pantera and mother was Miriam Ben Stada or Mary for short. Pantera was hung during passover just like the story in the bible.
ironsmile360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 3:46:05 PM
At 4/11/2014 1:51:25 PM, question4u wrote:

Very interesting... So the 3 written + multiple eyewitness accounts of Jesus' followers doesn't count in today's court of opinion? Kanye West has a better chance I guess...
Ironsmile360
ironsmile360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 3:53:33 PM
At 4/11/2014 1:46:10 PM, monty1 wrote:

Brother neutral knows that Jesus was a mortal, born of a mother and father and therefore there is no mystery as to his DNA. It's traceable but most likely not worth the time and expense to do it. Therefore, there is no mystery as to God's DNA. It's Jesus's bloodline of course! Got that?

hmmm... No, not really, but I'm sure the 2nd Beast of Revelation would disagree with the "not worth the time" assumption. If Biblical prophecy continues to hold true, then the 1st Beast must be proven as the true Messiah.
Ironsmile360
laocmo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 4:32:03 PM
It is a real shame when modern proven science such as Genetics, DNA, Geology, etc. makes our religious beliefs look very naive. But then those who don't want to believe fact, who are stuck with opinions they memorized as given by other believers as facts will just add another magic power to God to account for any implausibility's. And so it goes.
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 4:32:41 PM
At 4/11/2014 3:53:33 PM, ironsmile360 wrote:

hmmm... No, not really, but I'm sure the 2nd Beast of Revelation would disagree with the "not worth the time" assumption. If Biblical prophecy continues to hold true, then the 1st Beast must be proven as the true Messiah.

what new testament prophecy hold true? Im am intrested to hearing this truth.
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 4:33:22 PM

what new testament prophecy hold true? Im am intrested in seeing this truth.
ironsmile360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 6:44:29 PM
At 4/11/2014 4:32:41 PM, question4u wrote:

ok. Well everything being subjective, Israel becoming a Nation, the dying off of the animals in the ocean, on the land, people who are dull of hearing...
Ironsmile360
ironsmile360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 6:51:00 PM

Even THAT thought has issues, because, then Religion truly becomes "The opiate of the masses".
Ironsmile360
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 3:46:33 PM
At 4/11/2014 6:44:29 PM, ironsmile360 wrote:

ok. Well everything being subjective, Israel becoming a Nation, the dying off of the animals in the ocean, on the land, people who are dull of hearing...

Israel becoming a nation is not in new testament. For many years christianty is the largest religion. So how are people dull of hearing. Seems to me many people are turning to jesus. Dying of animals come on.. Where is that in scripture.. Humor me
jh1234l
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 4:14:03 PM

Virgin birth is theoretically possible, but can only create female babies.

Goddidit, perhaps?
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
1 square right of Nelson Mandela, 2 squares down from Francois Hollande
jh1234l
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 4:14:56 PM
At 4/12/2014 4:14:03 PM, jh1234l wrote:

It has to be a miracle/divine intervention.
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
1 square right of Nelson Mandela, 2 squares down from Francois Hollande
ironsmile360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 5:16:12 PM
At 4/12/2014 3:46:33 PM, question4u wrote:
At 4/11/2014 6:44:29 PM, ironsmile360 wrote:

Israel becoming a nation is not in new testament. For many years christianty is the largest religion. So how are people dull of hearing. Seems to me many people are turning to jesus. Dying of animals come on.. Where is that in scripture.. Humor me

Revelation (chapt. 8) speaks of Earth's reaping of God's judgment. Wrong on NT & Israel's prophecy ... Jesus in Matthew 24:32-34 states: 32"Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. 34I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

Israel is the fig tree unless you think Jesus was giving a parable concerning the life of a LITERAL fig tree?
it's not my place to reveal Biblical prophecy to you.... Try reading the Bible? However, we have gone off topic with my question now.
Ironsmile360
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 10:45:07 PM
Should be easy to find out.

According to thang your DNA changes when you accept the perfect DNA of Jesus.

So just check all of you born agains and if your DNA hasn't changed then the Holy Spook done didn't hang around and you ain't born again after all.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 2:06:43 AM
The Bible says that Jesus was born as a regular man (Heb. 4:15 & Philippians 2:6-7), but without sin.

How coul verses from the Old Testament describe the DNA of someone from the New Testament? Pure idiocy.
ironsmile360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 8:34:16 AM
At 4/13/2014 2:06:43 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
The Bible says that Jesus was born as a regular man (Heb. 4:15 & Philippians 2:6-7), but without sin.

How coul verses from the Old Testament describe the DNA of someone from the New Testament? Pure idiocy.

umm... Didn't you at least go to Sunday School or watch channel 40 at least ONCE in your life??? BOTH verses referenced are from the New Testament.

Hey people... C'mon, if I was debating theological Muslim concepts I would, at the very least, pick up a copy of the Qur'an!
Please... give me an answer I can FEEL.
Ironsmile360
ironsmile360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 9:01:29 AM
At 4/11/2014 1:51:25 PM, question4u wrote:

REALLY??? You 2 give me J. Pantera as a logical argument? You would have been better off giving the more convincing argument for Dionysus as the real story of the birth & life of Christ. The tale of Pantera is SOOOO convincing that Satan himself doesn't put any effort into making a worthwhile argument for it! Case in point: try running a search of Joseph Pantera, Then try a search for Dionysus in Google & see how many hits you get back on the NAMES ALONE...then read the arguments for each case.... Panteras sinks like the Titanic. And please... If you're still going to stand on the Pantera theory, give me some one with a REAL doctorate as the one from which you are basing this wet tissue paper of an argument on!
Ironsmile360
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2014 12:27:41 PM
At 4/12/2014 4:14:03 PM, jh1234l wrote:

This is true. It's called oogenesis. Happens to frogs and other lower animals. Scientists can sometimes get unfertilized eggs to begin dividing and growing from mild electric shocks or sometimes just agitation. But because it is the male who decides gender, such eggs always develop into females. Had our savior been a human female, scientist of today would have poo pooed the miracle factor of the virgin birth.

Goddidit, perhaps?

I once heard someone say that Jesus was actually a masculine but genetic female who lived as man. He thought oogenesis had happened to Jesus. Too bad for him that the Bible describes Jesus as being a rather common looking man whom you wouldn't pick out of a crowd. He had facial hair and was a carpenter in the time of no power tools.

I simply find the topic very fascinating.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2014 12:42:28 PM

Lol, these verses are from the NT!
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2014 12:43:50 PM
At 4/14/2014 12:42:28 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

Your mom is from the NT.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2014 12:46:10 PM
At 4/14/2014 12:43:50 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/14/2014 12:42:28 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

Your mom is from the NT.

She would love that comment! I'll be sure to tell her to check this out since she is a member here!
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten