Jump to topic:

Which better Explains Reality: A vs, T

Berend
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2014 2:13:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
This is for Atheism vs Theism. This is actually me wanting to see if anyone would accept a challenge in a debate for this. I did not want to wast the 5 max round in the debate creation, so I made this. I would be siding with Atheism obviously to better explain reality.

Round 1: Opening Statement

Round 2:

Round 3: Cross-Examination (Pro would answer in here with his Questions.)

Round 4: Cross-Examination (Pro would answer in here with his Questions.)

Round 5: Closing Remarks (Con would answer question from Pro from Round 4)

If this does not make sense, just ask me below and I will explain. I rather NOT debate here, just see who would like to accept. If there is plenty I can make a few debates. Same topic, but one person alone can change the tide that another could not.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2014 2:29:05 AM
At 4/15/2014 2:13:58 AM, Berend wrote:
This is for Atheism vs Theism. This is actually me wanting to see if anyone would accept a challenge in a debate for this. I did not want to wast the 5 max round in the debate creation, so I made this. I would be siding with Atheism obviously to better explain reality.

Round 1: Opening Statement

Round 2:

Round 3: Cross-Examination (Pro would answer in here with his Questions.)

Round 4: Cross-Examination (Pro would answer in here with his Questions.)

Round 5: Closing Remarks (Con would answer question from Pro from Round 4)

If this does not make sense, just ask me below and I will explain. I rather NOT debate here, just see who would like to accept. If there is plenty I can make a few debates. Same topic, but one person alone can change the tide that another could not.

Define God.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2014 2:35:41 AM
At 4/15/2014 2:32:07 AM, Berend wrote:
Why would I define god when if in the debate that could be done there?

Why would accept a debate about God without having the word defined?
Berend
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2014 2:52:38 AM
You need a definition on what theist believe or which theist? Simply God alone as a definition is not really possible when God can mean many things. Clearly Zeus is not the same power level nor type of God as the Abraham God.

If you need a specific God, use the three Abraham God since it is the main stream one. That is unless you want to use the others like Hindu.

Since I mean theist, I simply mean the one God. "(slam, Jewish, Christianity)

If you need a definition for that God, I would suggest looking up on that God. Simply put, just asking for a definition for God to me is seen as a broad statement and can be seen as many different meanings.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2014 3:14:45 AM
At 4/15/2014 2:52:38 AM, Berend wrote:
You need a definition on what theist believe or which theist? Simply God alone as a definition is not really possible when God can mean many things. Clearly Zeus is not the same power level nor type of God as the Abraham God.

If you need a specific God, use the three Abraham God since it is the main stream one. That is unless you want to use the others like Hindu.

If you need a definition for that God, I would suggest looking up on that God. Simply put, just asking for a definition for God to me is seen as a broad statement and can be seen as many different meanings.

Theist has nothing to do with the abrahamic god except that it is a claimed god just like all others are claimed.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2014 10:35:22 AM

It's usually best to define your terms clearly before debating so that both parties are actually debating, and aren't just talking past each other.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2014 11:05:13 AM
At 4/15/2014 10:35:22 AM, zmikecuber wrote:

It's usually best to define your terms clearly before debating so that both parties are actually debating, and aren't just talking past each other.

I think that was the first question asked by RT.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2014 11:05:55 AM
At 4/15/2014 11:05:13 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/15/2014 10:35:22 AM, zmikecuber wrote:

I think that was the first question asked by RT.

Yup. But the guy seems to disagree?
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
perplexed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2014 11:49:21 AM
At 4/15/2014 2:35:41 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/15/2014 2:32:07 AM, Berend wrote:
Why would I define god when if in the debate that could be done there?

Why would accept a debate about God without having the word defined?

there it is...the argument against god's existence.
: At 4/29/2014 3:14:36 AM, annanicole wrote:

:
: I'll be happy to concede the raping of virgin girls, if you can find it somewhere.
Berend
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2014 3:53:35 PM
At 4/15/2014 3:21:45 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
Why not just mention atheism and theism in the title? Do all atheists have to pretend to be smart all the time?

I ran out of room, so I used A and T instead. Or it would have been Atheism vs Thei

And to the other post, I am talking about the Abraham God however. If that is more clear.