True liberty

POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 11:32:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
https://www.youtube.com...

True liberty comes only through obeying God commands and its frees you from the slavery of desires, of society and restriction of worldly things. pleasing God by doing good deeds or just living your life, struggling to how to look nice through people eyes? or to impress everyone? becoming slaves of desire only will bring to you limitless problems and depression. the only thing will bring to you ture happiness hope and freedom is God. yep?
Never fart near dog
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 11:59:43 AM
The endless cry of those obsessed with authoritarianism: lose yourself in the rules. Turn off your mind, turn off your heart, turn away from your desires and ignore all your questions, and just float down the river of blind obedience, and out into the sea of a pointless existence.

God gives us life and freedom so we can immediately deny ourselves of it and wait for it to end, so we can get our reward.

Sad, sad, sad.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 12:05:15 PM
At 4/18/2014 11:35:30 AM, bulproof wrote:
YEP
Liberty and freedom only come from obeying and being subserviant to someone else.

Halleluiah brothers and sisters.

Now sit down and such the f*ck up.

Bobo my point is if you put your goals and concerns in wordly things following your desires its only will lead you to depression and disappointment. But putting your concerns only for god, will lead you to true happiness becuase you dont give a sh1t to anybody no matter what.
Never fart near dog
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 12:09:00 PM
At 4/18/2014 12:05:15 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
YEP
Liberty and freedom only come from obeying and being subserviant to someone else.

Bobo my point is if you put your goals and concerns in wordly things following your desires its only will lead you to depression and disappointment. But putting your concerns only for god, will lead you to true happiness becuase you dont give a sh1t to anybody no matter what.

Got news for ya.

You're f*cking wrong.

I have TRUE happiness and I don't need your narcissistic god for it.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
SemperVI
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 12:13:22 PM
YEP

...and to these people you don't give a sh1t to no matter what, what about their liberty? Do we gather all the other believers who don't give a sh1t no matter what and throw rocks at them until they are with God?
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 12:38:52 PM
At 4/18/2014 11:59:43 AM, PureX wrote:
The endless cry of those obsessed with authoritarianism: lose yourself in the rules. Turn off your mind, turn off your heart, turn away from your desires and ignore all your questions, and just float down the river of blind obedience, and out into the sea of a pointless existence.

God gives us life and freedom so we can immediately deny ourselves of it and wait for it to end, so we can get our reward.

Sad, sad, sad.

You lost my point utterly. why turn off your mind and heart? in what way? ofcourse in greed and hatred you turn it off, and actually the Quran allways encourges to reflect and to think like:

Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens and the earth were of one piece, then We parted them, and we made every living thing of water? Will they not then believe?

Or who originates Creation, then repeats it, and who gives you sustenance from heaven and earth? (Can there be another) god besides Allah? Say "Bring forth your argument, if ye are telling the truth!"

And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the variations in your languages and your colours: verily in that are Signs for those who know.

And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts); verily in that are Signs for those who reflect.

About desires you dont understand me at all. im trying to say is if you put you concerns in your desires (most poeple do) you will got a everlasting problems. but if satisfied with whatever God decree upon you its doesnt matter if you are poor or rich its the same for you. if we talking about desires the Prophet may peace be upon him said:

"None of you will believe until you love for your brother (in humanity) what you love for yourself"

So its eliminates envy and greif of people above you in status and praise.

No you cant ignore you questions. the Prophet may peace be upon him said:
"Indeed the cure for ignorance is to ask."

and out into the sea of a pointless existence." - its the athiest problem.
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 12:41:52 PM
At 4/18/2014 12:13:22 PM, SemperVI wrote:
YEP

...and to these people you don't give a sh1t to no matter what, what about their liberty? Do we gather all the other believers who don't give a sh1t no matter what and throw rocks at them until they are with God?

What i mean by that is they dont give a sh1t on silly matters like hatred,greed things like that, but certainly they matter on love,respect and good deeds thats the differences.
Never fart near dog
SemperVI
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 12:49:13 PM
At 4/18/2014 12:41:52 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
YEP

What i mean by that is they dont give a sh1t on silly matters like hatred,greed things like that, but certainly they matter on love,respect and good deeds thats the differences.

So do you love the haters? Do you respect the greedy? I do not mean to sound flipant. I am trying to determine how God has influenced your life.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 1:21:22 PM
At 4/18/2014 12:49:13 PM, SemperVI wrote:
YEP

So do you love the haters? Do you respect the greedy? I do not mean to sound flipant. I am trying to determine how God has influenced your life.

Well, islam is a way of life in all matters, on what is legal to do or not, yes its influenced in every aspect of my life, i cant love my haters or the greedy ones but doing justice to them is obligation:
5;8
O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm for Allah , witnesses in justice, and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness.

surly its prohibiting envy and greed in 2 exceptions, in Quran and Hadith. for instance the Prophet peace be upon him said:

"Beware of envy. Envy devours good actions as fire devours wood."
""Do not be envious of one another; do not artificially raise prices against one another; do not hate one another; do not turn one"s back on each other; and do not undercut one another in business transactions..."
or the hadith above: love for you brother what you love for yourself.

the exceptions:
"There is no envy (hasad) except in two cases: a person to whom Allah has granted wisdom, and he rules by this and teaches it to the people, and a person to whom Allah has granted wealth and property and along with this the power to spend it in the cause of Truth."
- to inspire poeple to become like of them. and if you cant, but your intention is right and you would do so if you have it, its like doing so and its reward is the same.
Never fart near dog
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 1:27:02 PM
At 4/18/2014 11:32:01 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:

True liberty comes only through obeying God commands and its frees you from the slavery of desires, of society and restriction of worldly things. pleasing God by doing good deeds or just living your life, struggling to how to look nice through people eyes? or to impress everyone? becoming slaves of desire only will bring to you limitless problems and depression. the only thing will bring to you ture happiness hope and freedom is God. yep?

But it's not quite that easy is it. It comes with a price and your church expects it. You need to show your love of god by getting out your wallet. That cures your will to 'desire' because you can desire all you like if you don't have enough money to fulfill that desire.
SemperVI
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 1:50:33 PM
At 4/18/2014 1:21:22 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
YEP

Well, islam is a way of life in all matters, on what is legal to do or not, yes its influenced in every aspect of my life, i cant love my haters or the greedy ones but doing justice to them is obligation:
5;8
O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm for Allah , witnesses in justice, and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness.

surly its prohibiting envy and greed in 2 exceptions, in Quran and Hadith. for instance the Prophet peace be upon him said:

""Do not be envious of one another; do not artificially raise prices against one another; do not hate one another; do not turn one"s back on each other; and do not undercut one another in business transactions..."

the exceptions:
"There is no envy (hasad) except in two cases: a person to whom Allah has granted wisdom, and he rules by this and teaches it to the people, and a person to whom Allah has granted wealth and property and along with this the power to spend it in the cause of Truth."
- to inspire poeple to become like of them. and if you cant, but your intention is right and you would do so if you have it, its like doing so and its reward is the same.

Well, we were talking about God and Liberty and then it went off in another direction. Not sure why the detour, but I will go along with it.

Since God is liberating as you originally stated, does Islam extend this same right of free will (Liberty) God does? What is more important to you, God or Islam?
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 2:03:00 PM
At 4/18/2014 1:27:02 PM, monty1 wrote:

But it's not quite that easy is it. It comes with a price and your church expects it. You need to show your love of god by getting out your wallet. That cures your will to 'desire' because you can desire all you like if you don't have enough money to fulfill that desire.

I know its not easy, but what you do you will rewared with no limits, you do something for the sake of God, the reward is limitless, that is islamic thought (there is no churchs in Islam ^^).. in this life and the hereafter.there is no dying and its erase from history forever... the same goes for evildoers... look, hitler incinerated 6 million jews, what he got free? no. he will get what he deserve.

its not about you have enough money to fulfill that desire or not. if you have enough amount, its a test for you to not tragress the limits like abusing others and the vice versa for the poor ones.its not all about desire, its also teachs person to be steadfast or be justice in hard times, you struglling to set your desires according to the Quran and the Sunna (his messanger), for instance if someone follows his hadith of the Prophet may peace be upon him:
love for you brother what you love for yourself.

so its will erase envy between poeple and create harmony.
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 2:25:36 PM
At 4/18/2014 1:50:33 PM, SemperVI wrote:
YEP

5;8

the exceptions:

Well, we were talking about God and Liberty and then it went off in another direction. Not sure why the detour, but I will go along with it.

Since God is liberating as you originally stated, does Islam extend this same right of free will (Liberty) God does? What is more important to you, God or Islam?

first of all, dude Islam means - "submission to Gods will", so yeah its the same God or Islam, anyway islam extend free will with limits, but its freeing you from the shackles of submission of desires, its frees you from subjecting of society, following someone way of thinking, like in every society there are certain "styles" you must to do to become part of it, from how you dress,talking, eating etc...its freeing you from subjected mind & rules of other people way of life, or someones desires (his own), for instance if some want to do some hair style like some bunch of guys, his wasting his time and concerns putting on this, but if you satisfied of what you, and dont care what will say, that TRULY frees you.
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 2:30:11 PM

and you know what? we try to achieve the pleasure of God by doing good deeds, steadfasting and helping each other, that gives you satisfaction instead of being selfish.
Never fart near dog
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 2:31:51 PM
At 4/18/2014 12:38:52 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

Sad, sad, sad.

You lost my point utterly. why turn off your mind and heart? in what way?

In the way of authoritarianism. There are two major religions in the world that are currently seriously infected by authoritarianism, and that is Islam and Christianity. And these authoritarian expressions of religion do not worship God at all. They worship authority, and use "God/Allah" as their claim to absolute righteousness and authority, and their excuse to use it against anyone who dares to "disobey" them.

When you opened this thread talking about obedience, you raised an alarm with me. I do not believe that God seeks nor demands our "obedience". And I detest both Christianity and Islam when they preach this sort of authoritarian nonsense. Because I know there is nothing divine about it. It's just an ideological disease, trying to spread.

actually the Quran allways encourges to reflect and to think

Nearly every book I've ever read encouraged me to reflect and think. And I do so often, even when I'm not reading books.

About desires you dont understand me at all. im trying to say is if you put you concerns in your desires (most poeple do) you will got a everlasting problems. but if satisfied with whatever God decree upon you its doesnt matter if you are poor or rich its the same for you.

I agree with this, to a point. But it doesn't require obedience to any religion to recognize the wisdom of this. I am a philosophical taoist, and taoism has been expressing similar ideas for nearly 5,000 years (see the I-Ching).

"None of you will believe until you love for your brother (in humanity) what you love for yourself"

Love does not require religion. Atheists love themselves and others just as well and truly as anyone else. If your religion is teaching you otherwise, you should reject it as toxic.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 3:00:53 PM
At 4/18/2014 2:31:51 PM, PureX wrote:
At 4/18/2014 12:38:52 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

Sad, sad, sad.

You lost my point utterly. why turn off your mind and heart? in what way?

In the way of authoritarianism. There are two major religions in the world that are currently seriously infected by authoritarianism, and that is Islam and Christianity. And these authoritarian expressions of religion do not worship God at all. They worship authority, and use "God/Allah" as their claim to absolute righteousness and authority, and their excuse to use it against anyone who dares to "disobey" them.

dude we believe the Quran is the word of God , so i follow the Quran i absolutely obey God. and you can give an example?

When you opened this thread talking about obedience, you raised an alarm with me.

oh, ok

I do not believe that God seeks nor demands our "obedience".

"I have created the jinn and humankind only for My worship." (Quran 51:56)
so we believe so, if you dont, ok... and i showed really its freeing you from subjection to other stuff (own desires or society etc..), that will never truly satisfied a person.

And I detest both Christianity and Islam when they preach this sort of authoritarian nonsense. Because I know there is nothing divine about it. It's just an ideological disease, trying to spread.

ha now its just your ideas, without evidence or maybe hatred.

actually the Quran allways encourges to reflect and to think

Nearly every book I've ever read encouraged me to reflect and think. And I do so often, even when I'm not reading books.

About desires you dont understand me at all. im trying to say is if you put you concerns in your desires (most poeple do) you will got a everlasting problems. but if satisfied with whatever God decree upon you its doesnt matter if you are poor or rich its the same for you.

I agree with this, to a point. But it doesn't require obedience to any religion to recognize the wisdom of this. I am a philosophical taoist, and taoism has been expressing similar ideas for nearly 5,000 years (see the I-Ching).

the problem is without God you dont have "evil and good", it just subjects to the individual biases and feelings.i dont deny there is no similar ideas, but by time people change, with it morality changes. its subjective to everybodys mind.

Love does not require religion. Atheists love themselves and others just as well and truly as anyone else. If your religion is teaching you otherwise, you should reject it as toxic.
Never fart near dog
SemperVI
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 4:00:01 PM
At 4/18/2014 2:25:36 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
YEP

5;8

the exceptions:

first of all, dude Islam means - "submission to Gods will", so yeah its the same God or Islam,

So Islam is your God?

anyway islam extend free will with limits, but its freeing you from the shackles of submission of desires, its frees you from subjecting of society, following someone way of thinking, like in every society there are certain "styles" you must to do to become part of it, from how you dress,talking, eating etc...its freeing you from subjected mind & rules of other people way of life, or someones desires (his own), for instance if some want to do some hair style like some bunch of guys, his wasting his time and concerns putting on this, but if you satisfied of what you, and dont care what will say, that TRULY frees you.

Does God extend free will with limits? Is the free will God extends the same way Islam extends free will? It sounds like your saying an individual has free will as long as this free will conforms to Islam's will. Is this what you are saying?

Again, I am trying to correlate Liberty / Free Will with religious, in this case Islamic doctrine. I am trying to understand how to reconcile my understanding of liberty with your understanding of liberty.

Liberty as I define it, is as follows: the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life, behavior, or political views. Perhaps this is where I am confused
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 9:49:30 PM
At 4/18/2014 3:00:53 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

What we have here is a narcissistic, insecure, petulant pissant.

Good luck spending eternity with that.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2014 6:17:45 AM
At 4/18/2014 4:00:01 PM, SemperVI wrote:

So Islam is your God?

Islam is standing on - Quran (Gods word) and the Sunna (his prophet). if you mean that Islam is my purpose of life "my god", then yes.

Does God extend free will with limits? Is the free will God extends the same way Islam extends free will? It sounds like your saying an individual has free will as long as this free will conforms to Islam's will. Is this what you are saying?

Again, I am trying to correlate Liberty / Free Will with religious, in this case Islamic doctrine. I am trying to understand how to reconcile my understanding of liberty with your understanding of liberty.

Liberty as I define it, is as follows: the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life, behavior, or political views. Perhaps this is where I am confused

what i mean by liberty is as you said being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed, but also that leads you to inner peace by freeing you from the shackles of this world, like depression,disappoinment, grief, sorrow...

Title is 'true liberty' because there is no absolute freedom or liberty, everyone subject to something. some poeple subject (their absolute goal,purpose of life) to desires, some to social pressure, some to material things... so you cant escape it, now choosing to subject yourself to Gods will, will give you truy leberity, in this world and the hereafter with everlasting reward. as Albert Einstien said:
"If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things."
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2014 6:18:32 AM
At 4/18/2014 9:49:30 PM, bulproof wrote:

What da....
Never fart near dog
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2014 6:24:58 AM
At 4/19/2014 6:18:32 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 4/18/2014 9:49:30 PM, bulproof wrote:

What da....
What a pathetic little muppet your god is.
SemperVI
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 1:20:15 PM
At 4/19/2014 6:17:45 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:

So Islam is your God?

Islam is standing on - Quran (Gods word) and the Sunna (his prophet). if you mean that Islam is my purpose of life "my god", then yes.

what i mean by liberty is as you said being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed, but also that leads you to inner peace by freeing you from the shackles of this world, like depression,disappoinment, grief, sorrow...

Title is 'true liberty' because there is no absolute freedom or liberty, everyone subject to something. some poeple subject (their absolute goal,purpose of life) to desires, some to social pressure, some to material things... so you cant escape it, now choosing to subject yourself to Gods will, will give you truy leberity, in this world and the hereafter with everlasting reward. as Albert Einstien said:

I certainly agree with you about absolute freedom or liberty. It does not exist, never has existed and never will. Only the illusion of it exists. Having said that, I am very happy for you that you have found God through Islam. For many people, the Islam faith is their path to follow. others choose a Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, etc., etc., etc. What is important for these individuals is that they too find this "inner peace" with God. That they learn the true nature of God and their own consciousness. No one religion is the only right religion, no one religion is the wrong religion. We are all connected and unified with God. As the Sikhs say, all rivers lead to the ocean.

Peace be upon you - Good luck Pop
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 4:21:26 AM
At 4/20/2014 1:20:15 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 4/19/2014 6:17:45 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:

So Islam is your God?

I certainly agree with you about absolute freedom or liberty. It does not exist, never has existed and never will. Only the illusion of it exists. Having said that, I am very happy for you that you have found God through Islam. For many people, the Islam faith is their path to follow. others choose a Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, etc., etc., etc. What is important for these individuals is that they too find this "inner peace" with God. That they learn the true nature of God and their own consciousness. No one religion is the only right religion, no one religion is the wrong religion. We are all connected and unified with God. As the Sikhs say, all rivers lead to the ocean.

Peace be upon you - Good luck Pop

All religions lead to the same idea yep, people only choose their way of life or religion based on their own consciousness and understanding the world outside, All religions lead to the same idea that is - God, in that way they are all true. but they cant all be true at the same time in the religion itself, maybe all are wrong, or one of them is true. if i tell you Islam is the truth, some other people will claim their religion is true. but we have rational thinking and logic to exam all ways and all claims and cleaning one by one , from concept of God to the smallest things, thats leads me to Islam as the most rational approach. but its my result and another person can claim the same thing.

Nevertheless, i hope will we all find the best of things. thanks peace you too man and good luck.
Never fart near dog
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 9:50:29 AM

You won't find liberty in letting other people dictate to you there is a God who wants you to do and not do certain things.

But hey if you want to be controlled by another group of people, just join some religion and believe everything they tell you.........
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 10:17:47 AM
At 4/23/2014 9:50:29 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

You won't find liberty in letting other people dictate to you there is a God who wants you to do and not do certain things.

But hey if you want to be controlled by another group of people, just join some religion and believe everything they tell you.........

I know... but you have a brain to choose that is the most rational stuff out there..
Never fart near dog
perplexed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 10:22:55 AM

True liberty comes only through obeying God commands

nope.
: At 4/29/2014 3:14:36 AM, annanicole wrote:

:
: I'll be happy to concede the raping of virgin girls, if you can find it somewhere.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 10:23:55 AM
At 4/23/2014 10:22:55 AM, perplexed wrote:

True liberty comes only through obeying God commands

nope.

hhh ok...